AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2022-09-26, 05:31   Link #4081
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Idk man we don't see him alive and well. I mean he might be, but would it not be shown to us if that were the case?

Although the show has my attention I can't 100% say I really like it yet. Ace in particular is just not very likable. He's like a worse Tendou. All the unrelatability and unapproachableness, but none of the charm or humor. Tendou's sheer perfectness was balanced out by the cast being annoyed at how perfect he always is.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 05:46   Link #4082
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Idk man we don't see him alive and well. I mean he might be, but would it not be shown to us if that were the case?

Although the show has my attention I can't 100% say I really like it yet. Ace in particular is just not very likable. He's like a worse Tendou. All the unrelatability and unapproachableness, but none of the charm or humor. Tendou's sheer perfectness was balanced out by the cast being annoyed at how perfect he always is.
Well, I have a feeling that unlike Tendou, Ace's smugness is just a facade.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 06:46   Link #4083
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

A facade for what?
Old 2022-09-26, 07:05   Link #4084
kiak666

Quote:
A facade for what?
His real personality?
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 07:37   Link #4085
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:

When Ginpen eliminated, there's brief red light with the effect before he disappear. This time when DaPan eliminated, he just disappear with blue light. Even if you didn't account special effects, the fact that Buffa is returning player just like Geats confirmed there's unmentioned rules / loopholes, or some kind of deals that allow Buffa to return. Of course, all depends on how the rules 'enforced'. Will it run like Death Note where rules from each episode is to notify loopholes and restriction, or will it totally ditched by moment the villain reveal itself? I think the answer is reserved for second half.

The delivery is not perfect but so far three players resemble their animal leitmotifs good enough.
Ace is kitsune, that associated with lies and fortune. Keiwa is tanuki, that associated with luck and naivety. Azuma is ushi, that associated with strength.
Hard to say the same to the rest, especially Mary and the bears. Mary action on recent episode is like saying he'll be based on "wolf in sheep clothing" rather than just a lamb.

Old 2022-09-26, 08:15   Link #4086
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It seems the only people who are returners are the ones who survived the final round though, so we shall see. I acknowledge the different graphic, but that might just be because of the different circumstances. But who knows?
Old 2022-10-02, 02:30   Link #4087
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

An unexpected guest ...
Old 2022-10-02, 17:03   Link #4088
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now we know Ace has won at least two games. The previous one with Buffa as the finalist, and the one before that where Buffa's friend died. I wonder what he wished for then.
Old 2022-10-03, 03:26   Link #4089
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

So by first games, Buffa saw Geats as rival but by second games, Buffa believed its Geats action lead to Buffa's friend death, made him bitter about whatever Geats intended.
Its also interesting that with Tsumuri statement from previous episodes, Geats might be already playing for a long time given his knowledge with Water also zombie outbreak last time, with at least two victories.

No one remember Buffa's friend death, except Buffa. So keeping memories is part of DGP deal as Rider?
For a staff, Punkjack seems too good at using equipments. Does this means everyone that not die and didn't met the criteria will be converted into "NPC" just like games recorded player data for ghost opponent?

Neon pretty much exploited Keiwa. LOL.
Old 2022-10-03, 20:28   Link #4090
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post

No one remember Buffa's friend death, except Buffa. So keeping memories is part of DGP deal as Rider?
That seems to be contradictory, as ppl noticed that the interviewer (one of the gamers) gone missing...perhaps it's because the game is not over yet?

Or the victor wishes no one remembers the death of the gamers? But they have to write the wish before hand, and who will write this insignificant wish down?
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-08, 21:25   Link #4091
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-10-08, 21:42   Link #4092
iko_uwais

Black Sun will have 10 episodes total and will be streamed all at once. All episodes are directed by Shiraishi himself and will have total runtime of 440 minutes. Theme song is "Did you see the sunrise?" Sung by Chougakusei.

According to the trailer Kotaro has been running away for a long time, while Nobuhiko has been confined for 50 years. It seems their aging is slower than normal humans. The series will also show Kotaro and Nobuhiko's lives during the year 1972.

Last edited by iko_uwais; 2022-10-08 at 22:05.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-09, 05:00   Link #4093
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Total runtime of 440 minutes.
Great.

Now, apparently Tycoon and Buffa looking good working as team; its two-part format for Buffa.
We got Morio (Mary) background, clarification of Buffa wish and confirmation about what happened to people that lose by points.
Old 2022-10-09, 11:22   Link #4094
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Already the final game next week. It was a pretty short series

Really liked Buffa in this episode. It's very easy to imagine him warming up to the others soon, especially Keiwa. I don't think he was lying when he said him drawing Keiwa's card was just lucky, but the thing is he definitely knew Keiwa is very lucky since he commented on him getting Boost every single time a couple episodes ago.

The biggest dick is gone, but there'll probably be more evil guys in the next batch of Riders.
Old 2022-10-10, 16:36   Link #4095
justavisitor

The writer is the same one who wrote 01, and back in 01, the most criticizing arc is the best of 5? business war arc, and the writer basically is still doing the same thing. Round 1 zombie, round 2 zombie, then hit two minions with the same suit at the same time....I know what you are doing...even tho you are masking it pretty well XD

I can't keep a straight face at the hallway scene whenever the sidekick has any sinister agenda. It's the same hallway from ultraman nexus's headquarter. I keep thinking they will bump into each other
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2022-10-16, 04:43   Link #4096
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Geats went full kitsune myth in this episode, being very old and his mother disappeared long time ago.
Its nice to see it reflected on Ace and Neon response that Neon is wary whenever "family" matters, while Ace showing sign of concern.

The new rules is: If all Kamen Rider lost the game, the game area will disappear.
So in a sense there's demand for steady supply of Riders to keep stability, and Geats knew about this beforehand.
Considering the topic in this episode, it could be implying Geats lose his family due to this rules and the wish-granting device unable to get his family back.
Old 2022-10-16, 06:52   Link #4097
GDB

It's not just me who found the flashback of the area that disappeared to not really fit with it happening "before Ace joined as a player", right? There's clearly modern pavement, cement blocks, buildings, cranes, and train tracks in the background.

So either he's lying about his age/how long he's played, or there was a period where he took a break as a player relatively recently and this happened.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-18, 07:55   Link #4098
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's not just me who found the flashback of the area that disappeared to not really fit with it happening "before Ace joined as a player", right? There's clearly modern pavement, cement blocks, buildings, cranes, and train tracks in the background.

So either he's lying about his age/how long he's played, or there was a period where he took a break as a player relatively recently and this happened.
I'd say him being over 2000 years old is too big to not be true. When he lies, he comes up with plausible stuff. It wouldn't be surprising if he took a break at some point. There doesn't seem to be much downtime between games so anyone would get tired.
Old 2022-10-23, 05:21   Link #4099
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Naniii?! Keiwa disqualified?!

So base form is partly decided by item's preference. Ninja seems like selfless heroic person so it easily ditched Ace for Keiwa.
Of course, by tradition, Ninja is a broken form (to the point Keiwa disqualified on same episode). This time not cloning ability exhibition but free glide and running through the wall. Looking it like this, kitsune and tanuki MC with ninja-based form being hyped seems to be Toei answer for no Shinobi for 2022 Riders.

Plot point for this episode is Keiwa and Sara parents were killed by Jyamato, affirming Ace motivation to push the limit of wish-granting power.
Old 2022-10-23, 16:36   Link #4100
justavisitor

I thought victims would come back alive like the restaurant owner...I think the staff is well aware of that....right??

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu