Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-03, 09:05   Link #981
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
The scene when Maou casts a dimension spell somehow reminds me of Fuzetsu (Unrestricted spell) from shakugan no shana, which create a space to render all the damage harmless to outside world
It's a common 'device', lots of mahou shoujo/shounen series use it.

I remember Nanoha used to have it before they... Changed the setting >_>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 09:07   Link #982
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.5

so reveal lucifer is teaming-up with cueball priest to coup rid both of satan & emi give find it like b-movie plot so lucifer blast satan's sidekick then go beam & shoot satan.

give satan figure it all negative powers give lucifer still powered which satan teleport to crowd area get his powers-up with had team with emi & his sidekick.

while holding the bridge & keeping people all done cue clench your teeth on lucifer all good fix all damages & oh emi's pals arrive give mention church of esta isla has gone mad.

so after all set yet both satan & emi still staying in japan.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 09:37   Link #983
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know, they didn't quite explain how did Lucifer survived his fight with Emilia.

Did baldy cast resurrection on him or something?
He prolly survived (barely) just for being an ex-angel
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 09:40   Link #984
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
He prolly survived (barely) just for being an ex-angel
Simple, he faked it. Do recall that they were also over a lake at the time, so sinking out of sight (and then escaping under the water) is VERY easy.
Old 2013-05-03, 09:43   Link #985
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If so then that's just sloppy on Emilia's part.

That's the kind of mistake a B-grade movie villain would make.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 09:52   Link #986
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:

Well at least from what we've seen so far (how she deals with various situation), we can all agree that Emi isn't exactly the brightest hero around
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 09:56   Link #987
Shadow5YA

Quote:

You mean an amateur B-grade movie villain!

In Emilia's defense, I don't think she was really thinking that clearly back on Ente Isla since she was so revenge-driven to kill Maou. She probably wanted to end things as quickly as possible.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 09:58   Link #988
Kakkou
Tch.

Maou implied that Orba was the one who helped Lucifer survive though.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 10:07   Link #989
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:

But Maou, at least, would be experienced enough with B-movies to spot the mistake.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 10:10   Link #990
whitecloud

hahaha...anyway...next episode should be back to Working!!(at mcdonald) and a bit of catfight between emi and chiho again?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 10:12   Link #991
Sixth
Hu Tao

From what I see, it seems that Maou is a good king who do not ill-treat his minions..just because he is freaking Demon Lord.

Plus, why would Maou wants to go back to his world which it pretty much out-dated? Current world is much better. Got TV shows, Internet access, supermarket, fast food, peaceful and safe.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 10:14   Link #992
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
From what I see, it seems that Maou is a good king who do not ill-treat his minions..just because he is freaking Demon Lord.

Plus, why would Maou wants to go back to his world which it pretty much out-dated? Current world is much better. Got TV shows, Internet access, supermarket, fast food, peaceful and safe.
I don't think Maou has access to the internet... at least not until Lucifer brings his laptop.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:21   Link #993
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This cinches it. This is by far my favorite anime this season. Episode 5 was absolutely fantastic. Wonderful mix of action and comedy. I was pleasantly surprised by the animation of the battle, it was pretty damn good for a series that is mainly comedy-oriented. This reminded me of Gintama, which is mostly a comedy but can have amazing fights.

Funniest part was Alsiel missing the beginning of the battle because he went back home to get his general mantle. Love this guy. Emi accidentally redirecting one of Lucifer's magical projectile right in Maou's face was pretty funny too.

I'm happy Chiho got to find out Maou and Emi's true identities, as it automatically increases her importance as a character. Even though Emi is my favorite girl in the series, I think Maou and Chiho would make a cuter couple (loved the reveal the magic hit her because she was thinking about Maou all the time, so sweet), so I'm rooting for them. Thankfully for her, it doesn't look like Maou will leave anytime soon. Although he probably won't admit it in front of Emi and Alsiel, it seems like he might have already given up on conquering Ente Isla. He exhausted his magic supply to repair the town, but now that he knows the means to get magic in this world, he could go back to Ente Isla anytime. He's clearly enjoying his life as a human. Whether he intends to spend the rest of his life in the human world is unclear though... perhaps this is just a long break/vacation for him. Anyway, his adventures at MgRonalds will continue on for a while.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:28   Link #994
whitecloud

by the way can maou become manager? if he work long enough?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 10:28   Link #995
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm happy Chiho got to find out Maou and Emi's true identities, as it automatically increases her importance as a character. Even though Emi is my favorite girl in the series, I think Maou and Chiho would make a cuter couple (loved the reveal the magic hit her because she was thinking about Maou all the time, so sweet), so I'm rooting for them. Thankfully for her, it doesn't look like Maou will leave anytime soon. Although he probably won't admit it in front of Emi and Alsiel, it seems like he might have already given up on conquering Ente Isla. He exhausted his magic supply to repair the town, but now that he knows the means to get magic in this world, he could go back to Ente Isla anytime. He's clearly enjoying his life as a human. Whether he intends to spend the rest of his life in the human world is unclear though... perhaps this is just a long break/vacation for him. Anyway, his adventures at MgRonalds will continue on for a while.
Hey, maybe he just wants to conquer the Earth first by becoming CEO of MgRonald's
Old 2013-05-03, 10:34   Link #996
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
by the way can maou become manager? if he work long enough?
Sure. Why wouldn't he be able to? He's apparently a very good employee.
Old 2013-05-03, 11:00   Link #997
backbone
Banned

I find it weird seeing the reaction of Yusa's two subordinates upon their arrival. Considering that Maou and Alciel, who are clearly their bitter enemies are around, i thought they would show some hostility or at least be wary of them. But in the end, they're just as chill as pepsi and accept them so easily. They didn't even question anything when Yusa offered them a visit to Maou's "stronghold".

What's going on here? Certain things being left out from the source material?
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 11:01   Link #998
Sumeragi
Banned

More like probably they had bigger fishes to fry.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 11:02   Link #999
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am just wondering how far the anime is thus far in terms of Light Novel volumes. There is only 7 release thus far.

Looks like Maou goes to school next episode, and thus that would place Emi there as well (wait.............she place her identity as an adult so she can have access to credit cards and debit cards so how would that work if she wants to keep an eye on him at school....). If she becomes the teacher, I feel bad for the students than the Maou.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 11:05   Link #1000
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am just wondering how far the anime is thus far in terms of Light Novel volumes. There is only 7 release thus far.
This episode was the end of Volume 1. People are estimating that the adaptation should get to book 3 at least, or book 4 if they skip some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
What's going on here? Certain things being left out from the source material?
They weren't wary because of the fact that they saw Emi talking casually with Maou and Alciel. Plus the latter two weren't in their demon forms and, as such, didn't really look any dangerous either.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work