AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-08, 17:46   Link #2401
u43368
Disabled By Request

I would but I'm saving money. Demon's Souls is really the only PS3 game I really want (I'll get WKC and OFP:DR when they get cheap... and maybe MW2).

I'm playing King's Field 4 and it looks like crap on the PS3, damn.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 19:26   Link #2402
kujoe
from head to heel

I got the Deluxe Edition, which comes with the OST, an artbook... and a strategy guide. Out of those three extras, the last one is the most significant. I can tell I'll be using it the most.

I was surprised that I received it in the mail pretty quickly. The packaging is pretty good overall, and it looks nice on a shelf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni
I'm playing King's Field 4 and it looks like crap on the PS3, damn.
I haven't played the King's Field series before, but I've head Demon's Souls being compared to it once. Same developer too, if I'm not mistaken.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 02:00   Link #2403
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Holy mackerel, I just spent 5 hours in demon's souls and I didn't even notice. Without a doubt, the best game in the PS3 for me.

Best thing I liked? The battle system. Gone are the ways of the dual wield, which even IRL isn't very useful. Like IRL, in Demon's souls, you either go two-handed to go through armor, or with a shield for protection. And man, about time the shield gets some love for video games... most of the times, they're useless, but in here, it's probably the most important piece of defensive equipment you have at your disposal.

Well worth every penny I spent on it, and IMO it deserves the high critical acclaim it's getting. Just too bad it's hardcore'ish nature would most likely keep it from being a big hit in sales.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 02:49   Link #2404
u43368
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I haven't played the King's Field series before, but I've head Demon's Souls being compared to it once. Same developer too, if I'm not mistaken.
Demon's Souls is one of many spinoffs/spiritual successors to KF. My favorite would have to be STA because I'm biased towards modern day weaponry (and it has a really neat dismemberment system).

Quote:
how's the story for Demon's Souls...?
It's an old school dungeon crawler, I doubt anyone's paying attention.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 03:06   Link #2405
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
how's the story for Demon's Souls...?
Just the usual.

Humankind accidentally awakens an evil being (whoops!), which results to a dark fog beginning to envelop the land. Demons who suck out the souls of men start appearing and doing their thing, etc., etc. But guess what? Heroes have arrived, vowing to save the kingdom. But alas! None have returned so far.

And that's where you come in. Just one among many trying to dungeon crawl their way to victory (or loot ).
Old 2009-10-09, 05:27   Link #2406
Sides

For people who are interested in the next installment of White Knight Chonicles, White Knight Chronicles 2 HP (with TGS PV) and some screens over on andriasang (screens), and info on andriasang (new info) as well.

Final Fantasy XIV (PS3/PC)
no real news just the Final Fantasy XIV HP and some screens on watch.impress
For people who hasn't hear about FFXIV yet, it is basically more or less the sequel to FFXI

Last edited by Sides; 2009-10-09 at 06:44.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 07:45   Link #2407
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

So I assume PS3's won't have backwards compatability back anytime soon?

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 07:57   Link #2408
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Probably. Or not at all. The highest chance we can have is emulator.

But honestly, the PS2 is only $99 at this time. I don't really see a point to buy a BC PS3 with $500, instead you can save your $100 by buying a PS2 and a PS3 slim.
Old 2009-10-09, 08:44   Link #2409
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah. One thing I didn't like about Demon's Souls is how they printed it. I usually hold it by the spine with one hand when reading through it, and considering my sweaty palms, the spine now has a good chunk of its writing already. >_<
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 09:23   Link #2410
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

But honestly, the PS2 is only $99 at this time. I don't really see a point to buy a BC PS3 with $500, instead you can save your $100 by buying a PS2 and a PS3 slim.
I already have a Ps2, but since my 360 is also hooked up I can't exactly have all 3 up at once. Need to save energy and all that.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 19:50   Link #2411
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Well, there is the fact that you can use the filters and and turn the image in widescreen using the PS3, but i don't think it's worth it... Besides, only the first models got the PS2 in it. The ones that emulate him by software aren't that great with a couple of problems(just like mine, with MGS3 in slow motion).

I played Bayonetta's demo. I'll be fast with it: The presentation sux, the graphics sux and the fmv movies are slow as hell, the framerate drops like crazy when they come.

But it's really fun. I liked it more than DMC. Hope that Sega will fix the problems until the american release, cause the game deserves better.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:26   Link #2412
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
I played Bayonetta's demo. I'll be fast with it: The presentation sux, the graphics sux and the fmv movies are slow as hell, the framerate drops like crazy when they come.

But it's really fun. I liked it more than DMC. Hope that Sega will fix the problems until the american release, cause the game deserves better.
Downloaded the demo, but haven't had time to try it. I was hoping people just exaggerate about the game's quality on the PS3, but seems like they are not .

I wonder if it's because of the outsource problem, since SEGA did make some good games on the PS3 with no problem.
Old 2009-10-09, 23:18   Link #2413
kujoe
from head to heel

Bayonetta was developed first on the 360, and was simply ported to the PS3. While Platinum Games made sure that the port job was done 'properly', the job itself was simply outsourced to Sega, their publisher. The result is a washed out version that has slightly less details than the 360 version.

If you own both consoles, the 360 version seems to be the better choice, but I've heard that work will go on for the PS3 port for the Western market.

In the end, the quality of the PS3 version really isn't that bad to totally ruin the enjoyment of the game, but this bit of information would at least give multi-console owners something to think about before choosing which version of the game to get.
Old 2009-10-10, 02:12   Link #2414
ShinGundam

http://www.3d-heroes.net/main/

The music is so good
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 02:57   Link #2415
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
The music is so good
Ah, reminds me of my youth.

Game music like this and the sound of Ryu shouting "Shoryuken!" pretty much defined the 16-bit era for me.
Old 2009-10-10, 07:34   Link #2416
Uchiha Soul

i have Guitar Hero World Tour on ps3, i saw videos for some people playing anime songs such as: Naruto, Dragon ball, ... . Is there any version of gh offering these songs or is there anyway i can put (download) them in my current version?
plz if there are any way to help?
Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 07:50   Link #2417
Sides

You should be able to find custom songs in GH tunes, music studio. However, due to copyright reasons some tracks might not be available.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 22:57   Link #2418
Garet Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Ah, reminds me of my youth.

Game music like this and the sound of Ryu shouting "Shoryuken!" pretty much defined the 16-bit era for me.
I think they're going even back to 8-bit times here, but yes, very awesome. BGM 3 would fit a Megaman title very well.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 00:55   Link #2419
ZODDGUTS

Ar Tonelico 3 announced for the PS3.

images can be found here:

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223034
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 04:08   Link #2420
EvilMonkzilla

Send a message via MSN to EvilMonkzilla
am i the only one who is really happy about this?

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/10/tec...o-ps3xbox-360/
EvilMonkzilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony