AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-30, 23:12   Link #41
Archaic

His fate was never really worked out as such, though it seemed like he'd got some satisfaction out of knowing that he'd been able to make the others happy. It was certainly better than how he's looking at the end of Vol 5 in the manga, that's for certain. Afterall, in the anime, he wasn't

Spoiler:

Nor was it ever shown that he

Spoiler:
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 23:56   Link #42
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

The manga just ended this month in Japan

Here's what happened in the last few chapters:

Spoiler:
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 02:55   Link #43
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 09:10   Link #44
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-31, 18:22   Link #45
kool_dudy

Wow...the manga seems so sad.

good thing i didn't read it but the ending seems a lot happier than the anime
kool_dudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 05:59   Link #46
frowndog
Poof... time warp

I really want to read the Fullmoon manga... Maybe I can buy it in Chinese... Translations of the manga are not even through the 1st volume yet...

btw, on a related note, I just heard that Mermaid Melody just got licensed. Since this is a somewhat similar show (well, similar in that they sing in the anime a lot), what do you guys think Fullmoon wo Sagashite's chances of getting licensed are? More importantly, would it getting licensed do the anime (or manga) justice? (with the inevitable dubs of course)
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 06:16   Link #47
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowndog
I really want to read the Fullmoon manga... Maybe I can buy it in Chinese... Translations of the manga are not even through the 1st volume yet...

btw, on a related note, I just heard that Mermaid Melody just got licensed. Since this is a somewhat similar show (well, similar in that they sing in the anime a lot), what do you guys think Fullmoon wo Sagashite's chances of getting licensed are? More importantly, would it getting licensed do the anime (or manga) justice? (with the inevitable dubs of course)
If some people think American anime companies have a bad reputation when it comes to dubbing Japanese into English...

... what more with translating songs from Japanese to English, and singing it?
Old 2004-06-06, 06:39   Link #48
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I like this series quite a lot too, and I hope they can keep the ED1 song for a bit more episodes... serious Myself is repeated for too many episodes... and I like ED1 more...

Also I love the Mistuki dancing in OP1 animation a lot... never got tired watching it, soooooo cute, I kept watching it again and again XD
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 07:32   Link #49
frowndog
Poof... time warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
If some people think American anime companies have a bad reputation when it comes to dubbing Japanese into English...

I would certainly hope that they do not translate the songs.

That's the quandary here. Go like Robotech and make some new (really nice IMO) songs or just keep the Japanese tracks. The problem here is dual. If they make new songs, people will be up in arms and scream blasphemy (I probably might too because I like the Fullmoon songs so much). On the other hand, it will be really weird to hear a dub suddenly go off into a Japanese song, no matter how good the song is. Especially when they sing it as much as they do in the anime
Old 2004-06-06, 08:41   Link #50
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:

FUNimation dubs the songs, and it's actually pretty good.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 08:43   Link #51
bluemist
i am the mist

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowndog
I would certainly hope that they do not translate the songs.

That's the quandary here. Go like Robotech and make some new (really nice IMO) songs or just keep the Japanese tracks. The problem here is dual. If they make new songs, people will be up in arms and scream blasphemy (I probably might too because I like the Fullmoon songs so much). On the other hand, it will be really weird to hear a dub suddenly go off into a Japanese song, no matter how good the song is. Especially when they sing it as much as they do in the anime
The most devastating song replacements of all time: the localization of Initial D. On the other hand, the Animax-Asia English dub of Fancy Lala had the Japanese songs untranslated, and it's weird.

We'll see in MMPPP if ADV can do it right.

As for Full Moon wo Sagashite, its licensing will just be a matter of time. American anime companies have really set their sights on shoujo anime lately. I'm just glad I completely watched the series before it would be licensed, as opposed to MMPPP which is licensed already. I can only see up to 23 fansubbed episodes, sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
FUNimation dubs the songs, and it's actually pretty good.
I have heard the English version of the Fruits Basket OP. I scream blasphemy! But... that's just nitpicking on my part because the 'original' is always the best (sang by the late Ritsuko Okazaki, may she rest in peace). I respect Funi's dedication to trying to make the best localizations around.
Old 2004-06-06, 12:02   Link #52
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Man, if that's the ending of Fmos, i'm going to be VERY disappointed... But then the mangaka always does come up with happy endings, I just wasn't expecting one this happy

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 12:27   Link #53
frowndog
Poof... time warp

I don't think an excessively depressing ending is the way to go either.

As it stands, after reading the summary, I'm quite contented with how the manga (and even the anime) ended. Would some angst have been good? I honestly don't know. I've grown to really like these characters and if the manga/anime had a depressing ending(too depressing I should say, it can be argued that it was depressing enough as it is) I don't know how I would have reacted
Old 2004-06-09, 13:58   Link #54
Karala

I don't know why everyone has a problem with the ending to the manga I haven't read any of the manga, but judging by the spoilers I read from the ending, it has many different themes going on from the anime, I'll have to read it, but I'm not at all disappointed by the way the ending sounds, it's nice and leaves less loose ends than the anime
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 15:42   Link #55
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Now I think about it, I don't think the manga ending sounds inferior to anime ending anyway, actually I'm a bit disappointed when the anime
Spoiler:
Also I have some questions about the anime ending,
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 16:05   Link #56
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I like this series quite a lot too, and I hope they can keep the ED1 song for a bit more episodes... serious Myself is repeated for too many episodes... and I like ED1 more...

Also I love the Mistuki dancing in OP1 animation a lot... never got tired watching it, soooooo cute, I kept watching it again and again XD
Yeah, it's a cute and fun little dance. Reminds me of the dancing in the 2nd Kodomo no Omocha OP animation, although that one was MUCH crazier.

I'm up to episode 11 or 12, and I'm seriously getting sick of "Myself." I hope they stop playing it at some point -_-;;
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 06:08   Link #57
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoBaka
Yeah, it's a cute and fun little dance. Reminds me of the dancing in the 2nd Kodomo no Omocha OP animation, although that one was MUCH crazier.

I'm up to episode 11 or 12, and I'm seriously getting sick of "Myself." I hope they stop playing it at some point -_-;;
You're gonna be stuck on it for a while...
Old 2004-06-13, 09:45   Link #58
frowndog
Poof... time warp

Quote:
You're gonna be stuck on it for a while...
A looooooooooooooooooooong while
Old 2004-06-15, 17:09   Link #59
pontupo
Mad Yoda Steez

Send a message via AIM to pontupo
Angry aw man

I am so miserable. I am on like ep. 20 or something in Full Moon and I thought I would see some of what people are saying about it here. The first post in the thread completely messed up my hopes and dreams Now I know that Mitsuki and Eichi don't get together. Thanks a lot :P
Old 2004-07-23, 08:13   Link #60
Ongaku_no_tenshi
Shine your light on thee!

Other Full Moon wo Sagashite Opinions

I have been turned on to a new favorite show of mine. I've just want to say that I've just watched the first 26 episodes of Full Moon wo Sagashite and it is a wonderfully executed show so far. from the way the story is shaping out, I see some really emotionally troubling times coming. But I think I'm ready to recieve them. This show is just a great combination of Chance Pop Session and Omishi Magical Theater Risky Safety with just the right dash of craziness of Kodomo no Omocha, all of which are favorites of mine. What about you all? I want to hear your thoughts as well. And please be kind, no spoilers. I still have the last 26 episodes to finish up.
Ongaku_no_tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, musical