AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-04, 15:36   Link #241
TW25

The part about Rose Guns Days being a series was definitely talked about on Ryuukishi's blog as far back as January. (Entry 564)

There's also another entry where he speculates about how the series would be numbered (Higurashi - Chapter, Umineko - EP, Higanbana - Night) and his idea at that time was to use 'Season', but unless something was said at 07th Expansion Party or Epitanime, it is unknown if that is what he decided upon. (Entry 574)
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 18:21   Link #242
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
This is going to be a series. Seven games, in fact. And like Higurashi and Umineko, Episode 3 will contain 2 and 1 too and so on.
Seven? Are you sure it's not Eight? (That Ryu will never cease surprising me...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Where is this patch of the Higurashi art you speak of Sounds interesting
Just google 'tweaking higurashi', and you're there.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 17:23   Link #243
moichispa
Endless witch

World section has been updated.

東京都の分割統治 , チャイナタウン and 復員軍人たち have been added.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:59   Link #244
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW25 View Post
The part about Rose Guns Days being a series was definitely talked about on Ryuukishi's blog as far back as January. (Entry 564)

There's also another entry where he speculates about how the series would be numbered (Higurashi - Chapter, Umineko - EP, Higanbana - Night) and his idea at that time was to use 'Season', but unless something was said at 07th Expansion Party or Epitanime, it is unknown if that is what he decided upon. (Entry 574)
Welp, I may be wrong then. Sorry. (at least I got the series thing right )

Anyway, on a more important note, Ryukishi said on his blog that
Quote:
今回は、7月1日頃ころを目標もくひょうに、『ローズガンズデイズ』体験たいけん版ばんを発表しようと思い おもます!
Rose Guns Days trial will be released on July 1st!!!
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 12:23   Link #245
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Oh, nice! I'll have to make do with automatic translation software for now, but I look forward to checking out the music, how the game operates, etc.
Old 2012-06-09, 08:00   Link #246
TW25

Looks like we're going to have to wait a little longer for the trial. In today's blog entry (583), he says the trial will be available at the fan event Endless Nine on July 1st and available online a few days after that.
Old 2012-06-19, 05:20   Link #247
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

My Japanese is terrible, but here are a few things I managed to gleam from blog entry #584 (sorry if I get things wrong):
  • Rose Guns Days trial is nearly ready. Mastering is scheduled for tomorrow.
  • Ryukishi07 wants everyone around the world to play it (not sure if he's referring to the trial or the actual game).
  • Rose Guns Days uses ADV format instead of NVL format like 07th's previous games (see below for example).
  • Trial should give the player a better idea of what the world of Rose Guns Days is like.

Here's a screenshot that was posted for April Fools. So it's not from the actual game, but the ADV format will probably look similar to this:

Old 2012-06-19, 05:32   Link #248
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Ha-ah!! I called it! I knew that ADV style was not just a joke so so so so hyped for the trial.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 08:06   Link #249
st_nick5

Is anyone going to translate the trial? I'm getting really hyped for this game.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 08:46   Link #250
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

It's also worth noting that that screenshot uses 640x480, so it's doubtful the game will be any different.

As for translation, Witch Hunt will be translating the full game, but there's no word on whether they'll translate the trial as well. Of course, they could start translating when the trial is released, and then they'd have less work to do when the full game is released. But they might be busy with their personal lives, so it's understandable if they choose not to start translating straight away.

There's also automatic translation if you're impatient, of course…
Old 2012-06-21, 10:11   Link #251
TW25

The tentative cover for Rose Guns Days Season 1 has been released on the RGD site. The trial version has been confirmed for July 6th as well.

From the latest blog entry (585) it appears that each installment in the series will indeed be Season X although I imagine that is subject to change at any time.

Last edited by TW25; 2012-06-21 at 10:17. Reason: Added blog entry number
Old 2012-06-24, 15:32   Link #252
Theo

No time loops? No writing yourself into a corner? No bizarre hands?

I hope.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 18:36   Link #253
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

From what I've heard, the story takes the form of people in the present day discussing events that occurred in the 1940s. So there is still a time element, although it's nowhere near as complicated as in some of 07th Expansion's previous works.

I wouldn't say Ryukishi07 wrote himself into a corner. Of his previous works that I've read, they've all made a lot of sense, I feel.

As for the hands, Ryukishi07 is still drawing some of the characters, so I hope we get to see those distinctive hands.
Old 2012-06-25, 15:22   Link #254
Ryuudou

Can someone explain the difference between ADV and NVL?
Ryuudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 16:59   Link #255
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

NVL refers to the format of VN displaying the text all over the screen (like Higurashi, Umineko, or things like Fate Stay Night).
ADV (adventure game, of course not the same term for the genre) refers to the usual VN with the textbox.
Old 2012-06-27, 23:56   Link #256
DoktorFunk
Warned for a moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
No time loops? No writing yourself into a corner? No bizarre hands?

I hope.
While I don't like how it seemed that he wrote himself into a corner, I've grown quite fond of the time loops and tumor hands.

Totally looking forward to trying a 07th expansion novel with this ADV style I'm just now hearing of, although it seems like more of a eye strain than a VN.
DoktorFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 09:23   Link #257
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorFunk View Post
Totally looking forward to trying a 07th expansion novel with this ADV style I'm just now hearing of, although it seems like more of a eye strain than a VN.
The text size looks about the same, but since the text box is smaller, less text can fit inside, resulting in having to click a lot more frequently to advance text. I personally just use automode instead.

It'd probably be more difficult for Witch Hunt though, since they'd have to ensure their translation fits into the text box.

EDIT: Rose Guns Days website has been completely updated with glorious Adobe Flash(!)

EDIT2: If anyone's interested, I ripped the files from the website, so you can download the images and stuff here. I also put up some of the images in web format here, but Tumblr is silly and didn't convert the images correctly, so they look quite bad, plus I couldn't sort the images in the right order. Ah well…

Last edited by Yirba; 2012-06-28 at 14:21.
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 19:09   Link #258
-Kuroko-

Thank you very much Yirba! I love Akagi's design!
-Kuroko- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 08:52   Link #259
Tamekichi
流離っている

Awesome Yirba! Thanks for uploading them!
Tamekichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 03:43   Link #260
Nigale86

Ryukishi's Blog Post 586

He mentions a PV OP Movie Being published on July 3rd

And also I believe a FPS style battle scene in the trial can anyone confirm

http://07th-expansion.net/Cgi/clip/clip.cgi
Nigale86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel