AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-08-07, 00:21   Link #54321
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Anyone thought of a fanfic story on a dystopic setting?
Old 2014-08-07, 00:57   Link #54322
demino_hellsin
That one guy

go back around 1200 pages, if not then another 300-500
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 06:01   Link #54323
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, read the last 10 pages
Old 2014-08-07, 07:02   Link #54324
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That I disagree. My work isnt dark. If it is, then it will ruin everything I stand for in the Infinite Stratos!
Old 2014-08-07, 08:01   Link #54325
demino_hellsin
That one guy

wars aren't exactly happy events. No matter how much singing and dancing girls that you wish were strippers are present.
Old 2014-08-07, 09:28   Link #54326
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Exactly :V
Old 2014-08-07, 09:34   Link #54327
coco6561

So... whats going on?
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 09:39   Link #54328
demino_hellsin
That one guy

we're gonna start a war.

It's kind of painful to swallow someone posting an idea that's way too similar to yours. Doubly painful when it looks like they did it in a day with haphazard typos and grammar errors and a plot set-up that looks as abberant as Frankenstein's monster while you've been taking weeks to fine tune it.
Old 2014-08-07, 22:49   Link #54329
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
That I disagree. My work isnt dark. If it is, then it will ruin everything I stand for in the Infinite Stratos!
No offense, but IMO your work is like My Little Pony written by George R.R. Martin. But then again, who am I to judge?
Old 2014-08-08, 06:45   Link #54330
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Hey it`s dark
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 20:34   Link #54331
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Trying to read backlogs since I was not around for months (Busy with real life and being really delusional...... the unproductive kind)

You know, trying to release ideas of Eldritch Abominations out of my head.....

Sci-fi is not really my thing but I do need a break from thinking about fantasy stuff.

Time to get my ass back to working on IS fanfic.

@MeisterBabylon: how about making Byakushiki Ichika's bike. He use it to do Bike-fu.

Edit: Crap, I lost all my notes and original draft/documents.....
Old 2014-08-09, 20:52   Link #54332
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Trying to read backlogs since I was not around for months (Busy with real life and being really delusional...... the unproductive kind)

You know, trying to release ideas of Eldritch Abominations out of my head.....

Sci-fi is not really my thing but I do need a break from thinking about fantasy stuff.

Time to get my ass back to working on IS fanfic.

@MeisterBabylon: how about making Byakushiki Ichika's bike. He use it to do Bike-fu.

Edit: Crap, I lost all my notes and original draft/documents.....

Better use usb next time then. I still got my notes and drafts saved in my 8 GB USB
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 09:01   Link #54333
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Actually, I use the thread as backup for most of my weird ideas. Though I do have some stuff which I did not post.

On the bright side....

New idea thanks to the new Mecha Anime:

When Humanity look for aliens, they are looking at the wrong place.....
They are actually closer than we expected.....
They are under the surface of the moon (actually the warp gate.) or Mars, whatever but Lunarian sound nicer.

Lunarian look humans but has animal ears (as in replacing human ears, not the on-top-of-head kind but not like they are able to tell the differences..)

Also they are radical feminist who don't really like males and drove their male population to near extinct but realize much later that cloning is not exactly a good idea (lack of gene diversity, more venerable to diseases).

They look for a planet with species that are compatible with them. They manage to found earth, settle on the moon and give Earthling an Ultimatum:

"Surrender and be our slave."

World Leaders says: "Nope."

and that's how the war begin.....

Lunarian has super advance technology that rival and even exceed IS level. Conventional (including 2nd Gen IS weapon) and unconventional weapons (nukes) simply do not work and the Earthling is forced to rely on ISes (which is severely limited compared to army of Lunarian's grunt units).

Thankfully, Lunarian has one disadvantage:

Lunarian are stupid.

Not because they are female but due to over reliance on their superior technology. They never truly develop skills/talent for even basic military skill or tactics. They just rely on their superior tech to steamroll Earthling.

==

Just in case you are wondering... Normal IS works just as well why use Aliens:

1. Don't want to make any nation look bad.

2. there is no number 2

3. Don't want to make it an issue of Men versus women but united effort of both men and women against common threat.

4. Justify why Tabane wear rabbit ears. (also the reason why no nations can find her after her MIA).

5. The joke is: The premise is so absurd that not even characters in the story would believe it until they witness it themselves.
Old 2014-08-10, 23:10   Link #54334
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Orz

Damn you, Tabane!

*throws everything into a pile and cries*
Old 2014-08-11, 06:31   Link #54335
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I just hit upon it. A brilliant way to improve the lot of Infinite Stratos' storytelling. All I need now is a coconut, three Australian Swallows, the Spirit of Graham Chapman drunk, and forty-three Llamas.

Rinny: "...why 43 Llamas?"

...because Love Live took all the Alpacas.

Rinny: (dumbfounded)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 06:39   Link #54336
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I wonder... Why haven't anyone try to write something like Kyon: Big Damn Hero, something that full of tropes and concision about it?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 17:38   Link #54337
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Does this mean wavehawk has Idol Stratos too?
Old 2014-08-11, 22:25   Link #54338
Eratas123

Alright lets go down to brass tacks: How exactly did the Is shift the balance so heavily in such a short time period? It's a weapon, yes, but it's heavily regulated by the government and the average woman has C rank or below. This theoretical 'Man vs Woman' war justification is retardedly flimsy given that it assumes ALL women and ALL men would ever decide to duke it out.

Also, why was this change so damn seamless? I've seen people stand and protest over their canned meat not being as fresh as they want, but nobody complained and rioted about their rights essentially being altered? I find this really hard to believe.
Old 2014-08-11, 22:31   Link #54339
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For one I imagine women don't really want to pilot IS as a weapon. Sure maybesome girls like high powered weapons of mass destruction but you have to realize that most of them think of it as a fashion statement than anything. Others see it as a means of subjugating others. And like you said most women are C rank or below in compatibility.

The next logical step is to sweeten the deal of being a pilot, so women are given a crapload of extra rights and privileges so being an IS pilot isn't so bad. Advantages outweight the disadvantages. Eventually the laws take it one step too far as small revisions begin to pile up in favor of women until suddenly you just realize women outweigh the importance of men in society by code of law.

EDIT:

In short, an arms race that bit the men in the ass in ways they couldn't imagine.
Old 2014-08-11, 23:19   Link #54340
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I think it would have been a number of smaller things happening within a year or two's time for the shift to have occurred as it did.

Quote:
As the scientists soon discovered, apparently only females had the ability to pilot the IS. This was due to the high synchronicity rate which was tied in with the X chromosomes of the human genome. Such attempts to change this were met with failure....and no small amount of frustration. But to others, this was the opportunity that they had been waiting for .

A new, radical feminism surged to levels previously unseen in recent history. It was slow at first, but the tide had definitely shifted in their favor and a few, unscrupulous ones were going to ride it for all that it was worth. Using the power and influence of the IS, the first to fall were the corporations who had direct ties with the booming industries that were springing up. A few of the female managers consolidated their power, driving out a good number of men from their long-held positions. The pilots themselves, especially those in the military and security sectors, used their new-found clout to wedge themselves into better, more powerful positions within their groups.

They no longer had to hide behind the males any longer; they were no longer the weaker, more frail gender - they were stronger and wiser. With the power of IS, a seeming gift from the higher power to make up for all the years of repression and male tyranny, they’ve finally become the dominant gender.

While most females ‘round the world did not share the radical views held by the extremists, they [the extrremists] were, however, successful in influencing many of the younger women and girls with their propaganda. As time went on and those young girls grew into young women and entered society, the shift that had begun years ago finally took root. Long standing policies and customs were changed in favour of these new views. More than a few men were not prepared for this and found themselves downgraded further to manual labour and minor jobs. Even social societies in several countries had changed their rules to better suit the ones who now wielded power.

The future of humanity was now tied with these machines...
This, and a few other points that I know I'm missing.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest