AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-06-17, 01:02   Link #201
Lex79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
We are going also for Korean series? Then Mia's tool.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 03:12   Link #202
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Buddy Complex may or may not count

Spoiler:
__________________
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 03:35   Link #203
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
^Doesn't count since the HanaKana character didn't win
__________________
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 01:01   Link #204
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hungary
My only "problem" with this is that it's actually really hard to determine who the heroine is, or is not. Hero is practically easy, usually.

Take a look at Mashiro-Iro Symphony. Of course, we have the main role as Uryuu Shingo. However, saying that Sena Airi is the main heroine, just because she was the first to appear in the anime?
Also, I think that was a visual novel, so the choice in "main heroine" depends on route, in other words, depends on the player. Therefore, Amaha Miu is just as much a main role as Sena Airi tbh.

I'm guessing there are loads more stories like that. Fate is known for animating only a single path per anime series, whereas Amagami and SS (and SS Plus) animate all arcs separately, thereby effectively doing the same as Higurashi (without the crazy 'I'm trippin' balls' high on Fallout chems stuff). The "main heroine" there changes depending on episode pair (SS), side (A/B, SS Plus) and short arc (every 4 eps, I believe, for main series).

Anyways, in the case of practically quasi-harem series (like Shuffle, too), it's crazy hard to say one character is less of a main heroine than another. Especially with daring sim adaptations.

P.S.: I'm REALLY sorry for coming here bearing a bucket of cold water! I just felt I need to say this.

Also, as said, it's personal preference in the end. Like the Michi-preference of the Hentiger. I'm sure she was the main role for you. Right?

EDIT: Just a bit of an edit. If you're interested in the "after-stories" of some poor side characters that DIDN'T get chosen, go read Maiden's Grand Summoning (chinese web novel). I sincerely recommend it, in spite of the massive amounts of retards forsaking it due to "not being canon".
__________________

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 01:58   Link #205
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
^Your argument is flawed since you only brought up Eroge adaption

In normal story, main heroine is easily spotted

Even in Eroge main heroine is easily spotted if you actually play the game (There is true route and screentime allocation)

Even if you don't play the game, by just watching the Opening Video, you can figure out the main heroine

It's clear in Mashiro-iro that Sena Airi is the main heroine, be it in anime or VN. She has the most screentime, integral to the story, always emphasized in scenes, almost always in the middle when all heroines pose together.

In Shuffle it's harder to tell, but you can argue that 3 girls, Nerine, Shia, and Kaede can be considered equal as Main Heroines. Since none of them won, this qualified.
__________________
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 06:38   Link #206
Devaki
Kiseki no Yūsha
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
This thread is a goldmine

You should also add Molester Man (Chikan Otoko) too since Onani Master Kurosawa already listed.

Also Koimoku.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic243224_2.gif
Devaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 07:16   Link #207
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
^Right~

The editor didn't win in Koimoku?

Aku no Hana added btw~
Oh yeah, Molester Man too hmm~
__________________
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 08:03   Link #208
Devaki
Kiseki no Yūsha
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
^ the main heroine editor? she probably didn't see MC in romantic way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
My only "problem" with this is that it's actually really hard to determine who the heroine is, or is not. Hero is practically easy, usually.

Take a look at Mashiro-Iro Symphony. Of course, we have the main role as Uryuu Shingo. However, saying that Sena Airi is the main heroine, just because she was the first to appear in the anime?
Also, I think that was a visual novel, so the choice in "main heroine" depends on route, in other words, depends on the player. Therefore, Amaha Miu is just as much a main role as Sena Airi tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
It's clear in Mashiro-iro that Sena Airi is the main heroine, be it in anime or VN. She has the most screentime, integral to the story, always emphasized in scenes, almost always in the middle when all heroines pose together.
^ true, that's why anime has to cover her arc first than anyone else before proceeding to whichever route it wanted because she was integral to the story, some people called it a twist but it is more like a front door that you have to passing through it anyway no matter what before able to going further.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
In Shuffle it's harder to tell, but you can argue that 3 girls, Nerine, Shia, and Kaede can be considered equal as Main Heroines. Since none of them won, this qualified.
Sia and Nerine are both main heroines, so the idea to choose one of them almost not an option for anime adaptation.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic243224_2.gif
Devaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 08:07   Link #209
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
^And Sia and Nerine lost, so it qualifies for this thread~

Btw, because of you I try Molester Man
And realized I had already read it long time ago
Best manga
Molester Man is how Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa should've went
__________________
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 08:42   Link #210
Devaki
Kiseki no Yūsha
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Correct me if it wrong, but isn't someone already recommended Molester Man to you in MAL forum long time ago? that's why I though you just forgot to adding it to the list.

also you think there is any chance for D-Frag would go to this route?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic243224_2.gif
Devaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 08:56   Link #211
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
^In MAL? Dun remember bro~

If it's a route aside of Shibasaki Roka then D-Frag qualifies
Takao route FTW!
__________________
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 08:57   Link #212
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^And Sia and Nerine lost, so it qualifies for this thread~

Btw, because of you I try Molester Man
And realized I had already read it long time ago
Best manga
Molester Man is how Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa should've went
So much true. I Hate when author play this kind of curveball and kill/transfer/give amnesia/give random boyfrend to secondary heroines just to have them out of way. It's stupid. I would feel better if Harisugawa at least did have to choose, even if he ended with wrong girl eitherway. It would still be bad, but less bad.

BTW: I noticed you don't have Maou-sama no machizukuri in novel section (author of Redo of healing magician), I mean girl that is sort of supposed be main heroine will probably get together with MC once harem is established together with everyone else too, but official wife is decided and it's not one you would usually expect.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 09:18   Link #213
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
^Harem doesn't count
Since technically main heroine wins too

If harem counts I'd add Kokugensou and Genocide Reality before Machizukuri
Also Oukoku Michi <-- This probably counts since Lucy basically gone from the story
__________________
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 09:31   Link #214
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I think being mistress instead of wife is pretty big lose. Second place is not same as victory after all (And I doubt this is case where everyone would be equal). But you are boss here.

Well, I hope this one will go monogami route anyway, though I doubt that's the case.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 10:48   Link #215
Lex79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Right~

The editor didn't win in Koimoku?

Aku no Hana added btw~
Oh yeah, Molester Man too hmm~
She doesn't.
Also, Kono Onee-san wa Fiction Desu!?
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 10:56   Link #216
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
^Ha? The Onee-san didn't win?
__________________
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 11:02   Link #217
Lex79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Nope.
Spoiler:
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 11:23   Link #218
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
^Well, I'm happy
I thought that annoying nee-san gonna win so I dropped it

Spoiler:


It'd be better if the second girl also gets great development like Botan
__________________

Last edited by wuhugm; 2018-06-20 at 11:52.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 12:14   Link #219
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I know you already have Naruto and Bleach listed but those were the epitome of this and were so hilarious to watch the reactions lol
__________________
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 21:39   Link #220
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
^Even mainstreams know not to make main heroine win
__________________
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.