AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-20, 20:26   Link #1401
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
I'd take Iori and Azusa. Possibly the twins if you get rid of everything on the sandwich except the meat.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 20:57   Link #1402
Echoes

I don't have the slightest clue what "bird pudding" is, but hell, I'll take it. I hope Chihaya gets a cut of the profit.

Setting my bias aside, I'd probably take the Ami-Mami burger and fries, a Miki onigiri on the side and the delectable Haruka parfait for dessert. No innuendos here, just looking at the food.
Old 2011-10-20, 21:02   Link #1403
Midonin
Last Engage

This satisfies me on both a nerdery and culinary level.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 23:28   Link #1404
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep16:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 04:13   Link #1405
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep16:
Did we watch different episodes or something? I thought this one was filled with the tension and drama that I love about this series. Plus it's Hibiki's episode, and it's got Trial Dance in it! I think the overabundance of animals was a bit offsetting though.

Either way:
Episode 16: It's a Trial Dance!
Old 2011-10-21, 07:41   Link #1406
ForgottenLine
Drawing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Did we watch different episodes or something? I thought this one was filled with the tension and drama that I love about this series. Plus it's Hibiki's episode, and it's got Trial Dance in it! I think the overabundance of animals was a bit offsetting though.

Either way:
Episode 16: It's a Trial Dance!
I love Hibiki, but even she couldn't save this episode. To be honest, I have to agree with almost everything Serenade said. I felt like the drama was forced, if not very lame. I have to disagree though with the fact that it was very unrealistic. Seriously if you're watching this for realistic scenes, then you're watching the wrong show.

Trial Dance was one of the few thing that was actually good. The episode was overall poorly executed and could've been tons better imo. I already mentioned the lacking animation, let's hope next week' is better, Altough the preview doesn't really give me a lot of hope. Stills and close-ups are never a good sign .
ForgottenLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 07:43   Link #1407
Shadow5YA

It's pretty obvious that they're cutting back to save their budget on the big dance numbers.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 11:03   Link #1408
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's pretty obvious that they're cutting back to save their budget on the big dance numbers.
Fairy Project maybe?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 11:06   Link #1409
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottenLine View Post
Seriously if you're watching this for realistic scenes, then you're watching the wrong show.
Non non, I'm watching it because it is entertaining.
And the fact the events were forced/unbelievable/"unrealistic", the drama didn't work and the episode was not entertaining.
"It's not real, so it doesn't have to be realistic!" <-- Maybe when my mind goes 2D too

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 12:02   Link #1410
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

serenade_beta never actually used the word "unrealistic". I don't even feel as if he hinted towards that idea. That being said, there are always degrees of realism in a show, so if someone says something is unrealistic or unbelievable for a show, chances are they mean in the context of the show.

I need to watch the episode so I can actually connect this with it, but that's just a little rant that came to mind.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 13:13   Link #1411
ForgottenLine
Drawing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
serenade_beta never actually used the word "unrealistic". I don't even feel as if he hinted towards that idea. That being said, there are always degrees of realism in a show, so if someone says something is unrealistic or unbelievable for a show, chances are they mean in the context of the show.

I need to watch the episode so I can actually connect this with it, but that's just a little rant that came to mind.
Oh, I must've interpreted it wrong then. I'm sorry if I've upset anyone, I didn't really mean to .
ForgottenLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 13:28   Link #1412
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I will say that it's not too easy to disappoint me with shows I actually like and follow (I actually liked Endless Eight), but I can honestly see not much fault in this episode from my perspective.

If the claim is that it wasn't realistic enough to create real drama, then what about Azusa's episode, where she basically happens to run into a bunch of people who need help who all converge on one spot at the end to watch a proposal that just happened to be all conveniently set up unintentionally by Azusa?

I dunno, I notice the animation quality drops as well, but I know it's to save up for the big moments, plus they have to get these out quickly. Should the Blu-Ray versions start looking poor; that's when I'll join in the ranting.

Hopefully everyone finds some fun out of the episode at least. I think when we raise our standards too high we can't just enjoy something that's meant to be fun. I can agree that this was nowhere near as strong as something like Miki's episode, but Kuroi was just continuing to be an ass, we find out Jupiter's being brainwashed and they're not actually evil, Producer steps up for his company, and Hibiki goes through a slew of emotions without even having to move.

Can anyone who didn't like it elaborate on which parts bothered them, because I actually enjoyed it and am very curious to hear some other opinions.
Old 2011-10-21, 14:03   Link #1413
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Yay a Hibiki ep! Found it great that it dealt with the animals. Now i definitely want Producer or someone else to punch the president of 961. Seems Jupiter is under his influence obviously, hopefully they find out the truth someday and learn how much of a jerk he is and how bad they were acting. Hamzou was great. Favorite part was when he smacked Hibiki. Glad she made up with Inumi and the other animals and was able to make it to the shoot.
Old 2011-10-21, 14:06   Link #1414
Sumeragi
Banned

I want my Real Prince!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 14:38   Link #1415
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

There were godloads of QUALITY in this ep. It was pretty obvious that there was some discrepancy on how stuff looked throughout. I am a bit disappointed by this, especially since I was waiting 16 weeks for this specific episode to come, and witnessing some cringe-worthy animation didn't help. I usually look past it, but this ep for some reason bothered me a lot, which might have diminished by overall experience. I'll just think to myself that the finale will somehow shit over everything and redeem itself. It's possible that all them frames will get re-done for the DVD/BD releases, and I'm hoping on it.

We got a pretty decent ep this week. I fucking HATED Kuroi and his bitch screwing shit up for Hibiki. That also killed some of the experience for me. I mean what the hell, man. Not to mention how Kuroi's feeding false info to that other bitch Touma about how shady 765PRO is. Fuck man, not cool. I was somewhat glad, however, that Kuroi left that bitch behind. And oh meh gawd, Hamuzou!He pretty much said, "fuck it," and defied all realism and scurried back to the studio to rally up all the other animal friends to rescue Hibiki like a bamf. I couldn't believe Trial Dance came on; I was pretty happy that it happened. ED was also pretty adorable to watch. I hnng'd so hard when the frame came up with Hibiki trying to sneak that piece of meat. x3
We also got to see fragments of Chihaya's Soul Survivor past, which seemed to be pretty f'ed up. Hope it gets explored more in this last half.

edit: wow, this is what happens when 961 and QUALITY happens all in one ep rofl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
actually starred Hamtaro, who along with the other animals, moved at incredibly high speeds and maneuvers to get from the house to the cliff.
Geez, not only that, but I'm surprised they don't attack each other. Ohio would sure love those type of animals right now! Are you even sure they are animals? Not Pokemon?
Well yeah. Haven't you already learned that the animals and Hibiki are one big family yet? They wouldn't fight. :P

Last edited by blakstealth; 2011-10-21 at 14:54.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 15:01   Link #1416
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Yeah, noticed the bits of animation quality to. But I thought it was all right overall.

Pooooor Chiyaha D:

Hibiki's animal gang are all pretty boss I say!
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 15:49   Link #1417
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Just watched episode 16, I like few of the segments. I prefer the show to focus on multiple idols per episode or at least make it interesting for the viewers to get attach to the character, like Chiyaha past, for example. Instead we got animal drama for half the show, which wasn't all bad, because we were able to get a better understanding of how a big douche the producer of 961 is, how the business work through connections, and how dense the Jupiter band is, for believing w/e their producer say about 765 idols.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I want my Real Prince!
I want this as well! I notice Makoto and the red haired Jupiter idol, both has antenna hair. I'll be happy, to see her own them in some sort of competition next week.
Old 2011-10-21, 16:02   Link #1418
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
how dense the Jupiter band is, for believing w/e their producer say about 765 idols.
I'm not quite sure about this. Touma (ahoge arrogant guy) is certainly gullible, but the other two seem to to be sophisticated enough to see that something is going on behind the scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I want this as well! I notice Makoto and the red haired Jupiter idol, both has antenna hair. I'll be happy, to see her own them in some sort of competition next week.
Makoto! Makoto! Makoto!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 16:14   Link #1419
Miraluka
Banned

Well, in 961 AFIK Hibiki is also a gullible girl in the games, Takane is aware of Kuroi's lies but just lets him be and Miki doesn't care about him.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 16:24   Link #1420
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quite entertaining episode, eventhough not as entertaining as eps 15.
A dedicated Hibiki episode, with her connection to her pet ranged from a hamster to a crocodile... O.o
I'm surprised there is a mansion allowed those pets crawling. And i wonder what her neighbour feels everyday with the possibility a crocodile and a snake passing through them...

Makoto didnt feature a bit this week...
But next week, it looks like she will be the main focus... :3:3:3
"Makoto, makoto no Ouji~sama"
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s