Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-08-15, 21:00   Link #101
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So there are seven Demon Lords in the world, although the position of the first one is vacant and the fifth one wasn't mentioned. Latina came from the first Demon Lord's territory, and I bet she was supposed to replace him, which would explain why her needs were all catered to. Not sure why they'd cut her horn and exile her though.

All this time, I thought "Rag" meant dad in demon language, but it was just a shortened version of his name
I thought it particularly interesting that "demon lords" aren't really evil, it's just that the good ones don't really have any dealings with humans/elves/etc. and the bad ones are seriously horrible.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-15, 21:14   Link #102
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well there more then one demon lord and a lot of information demons humans mixing together

Latina looked cute in that dress
Old 2019-08-15, 22:51   Link #103
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

So basically, this episode is foreshadowing that the Latina will become the first demon lord, and that Dale is gonna have to perform many nights of hard sex to impregnate her?
Man, all that's screwed-up in so many ways.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 09:17   Link #104
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
So basically, this episode is foreshadowing that the Latina will become the first demon lord, and that Dale is gonna have to perform many nights of hard sex to impregnate her?
In order to give no hints or spoilers I will point out that only a total idiot, unlikely to be temporarily leading a country, would brand someone a criminal and banish them, knowing that the gods might make them the new ruler. You don't want the new ruler returning to extract revenge. They would not have banished her unless they knew someone else was going to be the new ruler.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 09:22   Link #105
PastPrime

6 Months?

For those talking about 6 months passing. It has been more than a year. Originally she was hired PART TIME. It has been 6 months since she became FULL TIME. Probably during the break between school years. Since school is only 2 years it was a time skip of more than a year, but less than 2 years.
Old 2019-08-18, 23:02   Link #106
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Why do you have to look at things in such a negative way? And what makes you think the amount or "hardness" of sex would have an impact on a devil's ability to give birth? The way they made it sound it seemed like the problem was more likely to be with the girl devil, not the boy human, in which case no amount would have any effect. And besides, at this point it's just a little girl who lives with humans worrying about a devil's ability to live what is often seen as an important part of a happy and fulfilled life if she's living it with humans. There was absolutely no mention of sex in any sense, much less indication that it was a key factor.
Old 2019-08-22, 15:16   Link #107
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So... Is Dale's clan descended from isekai protagonists or something? Are they all OP?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-22, 15:47   Link #108
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Honestly the same thing occurred to me. Could be true, and would be an interesting idea.

So Latina didn't do anything to be labeled a criminal, an oracle said something that her clan took as a disastrous or evil future and so for protection they marked and exiled her. I wonder if that's what she meant earlier when she said things "hadn't been decided", like maybe oracles are regularly consulted at some point in a child's development to "decide" their path and then better guide them along that route. One thing I'm pretty sure of is that it didn't say she was to be the new first demon lord, as I'm pretty sure they'd have treated her as a princess then (sounds like the previous first died a good while ago).

I liked how scared Latina got when she thought Dale was going to get married.
Old 2019-08-22, 18:08   Link #109
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Latina asking about the demon girl's relationship with her human partner and whether they could conceive a child last week.
Latina clearly not seeing Dale as a father since she's willing to call others "Dad" but not him.
Latina freaking out when she thought Dale was going to get married.

Yep, I know where this is going. At least there is foreshadowing, unlike in a certain other story.
Old 2019-08-22, 21:13   Link #110
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well they finely got where they where going and Dale's family is just as weird as he is

Latina made a new friend
Old 2019-08-23, 00:48   Link #111
Lex79

Quote:
Latina asking about the demon girl's relationship with her human partner and whether they could conceive a child last week.
Latina clearly not seeing Dale as a father since she's willing to call others "Dad" but not him.

Yep, I know where this is going. At least there is foreshadowing, unlike in a certain other story.
I was actually a bit surprised when she didn't call Dale's father grandpa.

On a separate note, do kids really get attached so easily to other people like the beast girl who didn't want to let Latina go for her Life?
Old 2019-08-23, 04:42   Link #112
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What surprised me was that Dale didn't go postal on the guys who shot at Latina...
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 00:31   Link #113
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I was actually a bit surprised when she didn't call Dale's father grandpa.

On a separate note, do kids really get attached so easily to other people like the beast girl who didn't want to let Latina go for her Life?
I think that is part of the gods blessings that she received as shown by her being born under a rainbow. She attracts people and everyone who gets to know her likes her.
She doesn't think of Dale as a father. She has a reliable Father figure and Mother figure,and they are about to make her a big sister. Dale is the non blood related siscon big brother figure.
And, if this works like most stories, then banishing her will insure that she fulfills whatever destiny was seen for her. She is surely the only Devil that was raised by humans with a hero as a guardian. Dale is probably the key to her destiny.
Old 2019-08-24, 00:40   Link #114
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:

Not to mention there's like half the distance in their ages. Little enough that it's doubtful people will see them walking down the street and think he's her father (he's not even old enough to drink at least by US and Japanese standards).
Old 2019-08-24, 01:02   Link #115
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
I think that is part of the gods blessings that she received as shown by her being born under a rainbow. She attracts people and everyone who gets to know her likes her.
She doesn't think of Dale as a father. She has a reliable Father figure and Mother figure,and they are about to make her a big sister. Dale is the non blood related siscon big brother figure.
And, if this works like most stories, then banishing her will insure that she fulfills whatever destiny was seen for her. She is surely the only Devil that was raised by humans with a hero as a guardian. Dale is probably the key to her destiny.
I just think the author sometimes goes overboard depicting how people react to Latina. It's actually my biggest complaint about this series.

Latina might have difficulties seeing Dale as her father given he is young and she has strong memories of Rag, but I don't think Kenneth and Rita have anything to do with that. I don't see anything in the series that points to Latina seeing them as more than nice uncles (I'm not saying she isn't attracted to them, of course, just not as her parents).
Old 2019-08-29, 16:08   Link #116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode provided some insight about Dale. It was mostly about Latina making friends with animals though. Her ability isn't limited to animals, she made the grandma tell her about the village's biggest secret that even Dale was not aware of.
Old 2019-08-29, 16:54   Link #117
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
I just think the author sometimes goes overboard depicting how people react to Latina. It's actually my biggest complaint about this series.

Latina might have difficulties seeing Dale as her father given he is young and she has strong memories of Rag, but I don't think Kenneth and Rita have anything to do with that. I don't see anything in the series that points to Latina seeing them as more than nice uncles (I'm not saying she isn't attracted to them, of course, just not as her parents).
Considering that it's being noted as abnormal even within the story, I'd say there's a fair chance it's a providence. Which may potentially mean she has two gifts, one giving her instant awareness of threats and another giving her an ability to easily charm all those that bear her no ill will.
Old 2019-08-29, 21:07   Link #118
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well getting to know more about Dale and family but granny it just sweet as well as Dale seems to be a sloppy drunk

Latina really like animals
Old 2019-08-30, 00:05   Link #119
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Considering that it's being noted as abnormal even within the story, I'd say there's a fair chance it's a providence. Which may potentially mean she has two gifts, one giving her instant awareness of threats and another giving her an ability to easily charm all those that bear her no ill will.
That would be a good explanation, even better if it comes with some troublesome side effects later in the story.
Actually, there is a troublesome side effects. Everyone foolish enough to try courting her is going to be mercilessy killed by a certain overprotective hero daddy.
Old 2019-08-30, 12:00   Link #120
PastPrime

Quote:
Actually, there is a troublesome side effects. Everyone foolish enough to try courting her is going to be mercilessy killed by a certain overprotective hero daddy.
Not to mention all the adventurers that dote on her too. Rudy, as her childhood friend, would be the only one with a chance to confess, and he would be Friend Zoned.