AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-27, 16:20   Link #821
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Yeah I totally expect Serie to be one of the victors. I didn't notice the full breakdown though. I actually thought there were more elves in that list; Frieren seems totally middle-of-the-pack compared to Kraft and Serie. 4 demons huh. Quaal, and 3 more...
Frieren only mentioned mages with less mana whom she lost to.

Kraft is a former Warrior turned Monk, so he wouldn't be counted amongst them even if he is stronger.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 18:53   Link #822
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Frieren only mentioned mages with less mana whom she lost to.
It's possible Serie is one of them. Her reputation seems based on her being a walking grimoire, not necessarily having a lot of mana.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 18:56   Link #823
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
It's Frieren that's sticks her head in mimics. It's such a meme that there is even a plush toy.

That is seriously cute. I'm surprised that they didn't do pouty-faced Fern
Old 2024-01-27, 22:49   Link #824
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The forthcoming Neandroid Fern has multiple expressions.

https://pandahobby.ca/products/pre-o...d_journeys_end

These two are more pouty

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 00:39   Link #825
Frontier

Of course they'd make one with the pout .
Old 2024-01-29, 04:16   Link #826
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 20:

Wirbel is lucky his team did not encounter another three person team after they got the Stille. His team cannot fight anymore, with two people disabled. He would have to give up the Stille.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-29, 07:06   Link #827
Twi

His luck really did come in so late.
Old 2024-01-29, 14:36   Link #828
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
episode 20:

Wirbel is lucky his team did not encounter another three person team after they got the Stille. His team cannot fight anymore, with two people disabled. He would have to give up the Stille.
That's not likely to happen.

Like Fern mentioned, most teams will be moving towards a water source in order to either find a Stille or keep theirs alive.
Now that Fern's team and Wirbel's team have theirs, they'll be avoiding any water sources until the end of the exam.

With one, maybe two members being out of mana, Wirbel's team isn't likely going to stand out or get picked up by another mage's mana detection either.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-01-29 at 15:10.
Old 2024-02-01, 09:18   Link #829
Huh...?

YouTube

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-01, 13:00   Link #830
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So Serie is voiced by Mariya Ise based on the preview? Not the voice I expected for her.
Yes, just now announced on twitter:

https://twitter.com/Anime_Frieren/st...80355794280662
Old 2024-02-01, 14:55   Link #831
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
YouTube
Here's the major action animation .
Quote:
Yes, just now announced on twitter:

https://twitter.com/Anime_Frieren/st...80355794280662
She's having some really interesting roles this season .
Old 2024-02-02, 07:20   Link #832
zztop

Apparently Frieren is mad popular in Japan right now, to the point that it's becoming a local cultural phenomenon.
https://old.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...phenomenon_in/

Not only is it selling super well, it's also :

- Inspired an animanga meme ("Hero Himmel would've done so") which has made its way into JP mainstream culture

- Pulled into crossover ad campaigns (Frieren x Beyblade)
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-02, 11:34   Link #833
Frontier

Does Frieren know Serie? You bet she does! In fact Serie was actually FLAMME'S master when she was probably equivalent to Frieren's age, Serie having trained her on a whim, and of course she'd bring her new student to her old master...it seems like one thing Serie and Frieren have in common is being grimoire hoarders .

Oh hey, was not expecting Mariya Ise! She's basically just using a more playful version of her Juiz voice for Serie .

OP Subs!!! And it really conveys someone looking at someone else and the admiration and special feelings that come from truly seeing that person .

Denken is one of Frieren's people, not just from an experience perspective but in their belief that the appeal of magic is in the pursuit of it and not in using it for power, which is what distinguishes Frieren from Serie. It was that belief and genuine appreciation of magic that made Flamme realize that it would be Frieren, not Serie or herself, that would let Frieren be the one to defeat the Demon King .

Lawine and Kanne are a little out of their depth against Richter and his Earth magic, especially when he can break through their barriers despite their solid teamwork. I love how Lawine tried to bluff with the old "humans are 60% water line" even though Richter didn't fall for it. But points for the trash talk .

Denken is smart and has powerful magic...but he's fighting Frieren and she makes even the basics seem overwhelmingly powerful, just like Fern .

I see Fern learned her bluffing from Frieren too, as she threatens Denken and uses Laufen's attachment to him to catch her and get their Stille back. It is kind of sweet how much Laufen cares about Denken, even if it screwed them over here. Also I bet a lot of people wishes Frieren would kick their butt like Frieren did to Denken .

I love how Genua and Sense are treating this like a typical Friday despite all the impressive magic being on displayed, but they're probably used to it. Probably not used to Serie's powerful barrier being broken so epically, though, but now they know exactly who they're dealing with (and Serie takes it as a direct challenge from Frieren). Good thing Sense brought an umbrella .

Frieren doing her team a solid and letting Kanne use her water magic! Richter didn't stand a chance! And then he and his team totally get washed up. Frieren is so proud of her girls .

Ubel wants the deets on Frieren and Fern but no matter how much she wants a good fight it seems someone using magic to see her clothes is too much even for her .

I love how Denken doesn't give up and is willing to throw hands when necessary. What a legend. Kind of feel bad for that team that lost their guy and were going to lose either way...but them's the breaks for non main characters .

Aw, look at how proud Frieren is of Fern making it past the 1st exam !

Meanwhile Stark is enjoying getting a break from the wife and hitting up a bar, lucky dude .
Old 2024-02-02, 12:13   Link #834
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I see Fern learned her bluffing from Frieren too
I think that's less of something that she learned and more that they're both socially maladapted and don't openly express their emotions compared to regular people, making them good liars.

Fern was already like this when she was still living with Heiter anyway.

Quote:
Ubel wants the deets on Frieren and Fern but no matter how much she wants a good fight it seems someone using magic to see her clothes is too much even for her
If all Ubel wanted was a good fight then Fern should've piqued her interest, but she doesn't.

Ubel is likely also interested in seeing unique magic, so Fern is boring because she only uses basic spells that everyone already knows. From Ubel's perspective, Fern has nothing to offer.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-02-02 at 12:28.
Old 2024-02-02, 12:32   Link #835
Frontier

Quote:
I think that's less of something that she learned and more that they're both socially maladapted and don't openly express their emotions compared to regular people, making them good liars.

Fern was already like this when she was still living with Heiter anyway.
Like master, like student .
Quote:
If all Ubel wanted was a good fight then Fern should've piqued her interest, but she doesn't.

Ubel is likely also interested in seeing unique magic, so Fern is boring because she only uses basic spells that everyone already knows. From Ubel's perspective, Fern has nothing to offer.
And Fern is also a pervert so that's another turn-off for Ubel .
Old 2024-02-02, 12:37   Link #836
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Frieren doing her team a solid and letting Kanne use her water magic! Richter didn't stand a chance! And then he and his team totally get washed up.
Denken used his legs to catch Richter as he was getting washed past the tree by the flood.

Quote:
Ubel wants the deets on Frieren and Fern but no matter how much she wants a good fight it seems someone using magic to see her clothes is too much even for her
Instant conspiracy theory: Ubel is a cross-dressing guy.
Old 2024-02-02, 12:58   Link #837
magnuskn

So, Frieren is recognized as a Great Mage, which I presume the holy emblem is all about. I got to wonder who the other great mages are (or were), other than Serie, Flamme or Frieren. And why is the "last" Great Mage? Is it because she is the newest one or has that some other meaning?
Old 2024-02-02, 13:17   Link #838
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Quote:
OP Subs!!! And it really conveys someone looking at someone else and the admiration and special feelings that come from truly seeing that person.
Yeah. Nice song!

Quote:
It was that belief and genuine appreciation of magic that made Flamme realize that it would be Frieren, not Serie or herself, that would let Frieren be the one to defeat the Demon King.
As powerful as Frieren is in combat, that exchange between Flamme and Serie makes me think perhaps the Demon King wasn't defeated by sheer power.

In some ways, this entire show is like Frieren and Fern. It's simple. Even at its flashiest it's not all that flashy. And yet, it brings me so much joy each week just doing a good job with the basics.

Like the multi-episode setup of the unbreakable barrier (we know Flamme and Frieren are good at barriers!) the lack of rain because of the barrier (established two or three episodes ago) and the girl who controls water. All the pieces were there but it was still a joy to see them slowly be put together for the final reveal.
Old 2024-02-02, 13:18   Link #839
Kazu-kun

Serie (elf) > Flamme (human) > Frieren (elf) > Fern (human)

I see a patter here.

Makes me wonder if Fern will take an elf as an apprentice some day in the future.
Old 2024-02-02, 13:27   Link #840
Twi

Out of Mana?

No problem. Knuckle up.

Loved the lesson in magic just like in the manga though.

Last edited by Twi; 2024-02-02 at 13:47.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy