AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-19, 13:47   Link #301
Michsi

At first I thought that the new background music was okay. I kinda liked the theme that was playing when Piccolo and Radditz first met. However nothing else seemed noteworhty. I was especially dissapointed in the musci they used for the Piccolo/Goku vs. Radditz fight. You can clearly hear that the composer does mostly video games cause the music reminded me of those themes thay play in the backgrounf during a video game match. It also had a midi-kinda feeling to it.

SPeaking of Nappa's new VA , does anybody know who else had their VA's changed? I know of Tenshinhan's so far but noone else.
Michsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 14:07   Link #302
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michsi View Post
SPeaking of Nappa's new VA , does anybody know who else had their VA's changed? I know of Tenshinhan's so far but noone else.
Toshio Furukawa, who is the voice actor of Piccolo, has his own personal website. Apparently over there, he listed a few characters that now have new voice actors. Mr. Popo, Bubbles, and Gregory, are some of them at the moment.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2009-04-19 at 14:30.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 14:23   Link #303
Nosauz

welll is it me or is watching this like 1000x better than the english dub, god I remember racing home to catch db and the dbz later, but man oh man... nothing beats anime in its original form.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 14:44   Link #304
Michsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Toshio Furukawa, who is the voice actor of Piccolo, has his own personal website. Apparently over there, he listed a few characters that now have new voice actors. Mr. Popo, Bubbles, and Gregory, are some of them at the moment.
Unless he posted there in english it won't help me much, can't read
that much japanese Anybody who could translate ?

Quote:
welll is it me or is watching this like 1000x better than the english dub, god I remember racing home to catch db and the dbz later, but man oh man... nothing beats anime in its original form.

I'm pretty sure you are among the few people who think that. Most who whatched the dub first find it hard to get used to listening to it in japanese, especially Goku's voice is a major turn off for most. I, luckily, first watched DB years ago in origial jap and have no problem with it I saw 4 versions of DBZ, the japanese, english, german and italian and although each have their pros and cons I think the japanese is by far the best.
Michsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 16:01   Link #305
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep3:
Old 2009-04-19, 17:48   Link #306
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Awesome episode, as it was before. It was refreshing seeing the old battle in the new light again. But really, the content in this episode made me think that the series are going too fast now

Spoiler for EP3:
Old 2009-04-19, 18:06   Link #307
GDB

They haven't really cut that much out. Going by the japanese episode guide, two episodes worth of material (plus about 5 minutes of a third episode) has been cut. Considering how slow the original was, this is much nicer.

The thing I'm most looking forward to is Namek. Will they reanimate the part where Dende first appears, so that it follows the manga, or will they let Dodoria keep his one moment?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 19:35   Link #308
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just hearing the eerie piece of music (very fitting though) for Goku's death scene gave me goosebumps. I mean if it's this good now, just imagine what the future scenes will be like.
Old 2009-04-19, 20:12   Link #309
rpgman1

Just watch episode 3 and it was really good. Yes the censorship still exists but I've seen the edited US version, but at least Piccolo's blood wasn't green. DBZ was one of the few shows that got me into anime.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 00:03   Link #310
Alchemist007
*Author

Cool 3rd ep. Nice effects.
Old 2009-04-20, 00:49   Link #311
taco

Loved episode 3. You could tell which parts were remastered and which weren't but for the most part a lot of it was remastered. I hope we can expect some amazing remastering in the Vegeta and Nappa arc just like in the opening.

Anyways, I think we should trust Mr. Toriyama on this. I know a lot of you would have loved Dragon Ball Kai if every episode was being completely remade in full HD quality but then again, would you think watching all those episodes all over again would be worth it? The original series was fun to watch and especially great when FUNimation released remastered box sets in HD quality.

I'm looking forward to this and hope the animation staff can pull together many viewers.

Bottom line, I'm down with this.
taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 01:24   Link #312
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Just finished watching episode 3 subbed And I'm all smiles after this. Just like Blackbeard already said, the pacing of this episode was amazing considering in the original it took like 2 episodes for the actual fight to even start It seems like in about 3 or maybe even 4 episodes we'll have the Z fighters fighting the Saibamen (spelling?) Either way, I'm enjoying Kai much more then I originally imagined because there are no pointless stare down episodes anymore. Glad to see this again, I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I am.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 02:34   Link #313
Alchemist007
*Author

I think he may reach the end of Snakeway by ep 4 but other than that and Gohan's training there probably won't be as much. Though I wonder how the pacing will be, Gohan had a lot of crap happen during his training.
Old 2009-04-20, 02:56   Link #314
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Spoiler for By far the most important thing to be changed in episode 3::

Also training at Kaio-Sama's next week......wait a second.....

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-04-20 at 03:07.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 03:34   Link #315
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Spoiler for By far the most important thing to be changed in episode 3::

Also training at Kaio-Sama's next week......wait a second.....
King Kai lol, reminds me of the good old days.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 05:02   Link #316
Blaat

Quote:
You know what, I felt the exact same way you did when they edited that particular piece of footage. The absence of blood after the Special Beam Cannon pierced through the both of them was quite surprising. But the funny thing is, is that they technically made this scene more like the manga because there was no blood gushing out of their stomachs in the manga version. Well, there was blood (just a few droplets for that matter), but nowhere near the extent there was in the original anime version. As for Piccolo's blood, it was purple (which is the correct colour) and not pink.
You're correct in saying that the original manga never had that much blood and I admit in retrospect I overreacted but I still think that blueish spot looks horrible.
Quote:
Nappa is supposed to have a gold and dark blue armor outfit, not a brown and black one.
Did they later fix this when Nappa is on Earth or is it like Bulma's hair colour, wrong colour since the beginning and they've never bothered to fix it? If it's the latter I can understand why didn't fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
But really, the content in this episode made me think that the series are going too fast now
Hell has frozen over: someone is complaining about Dragon ball going too fast
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 05:33   Link #317
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Hell has frozen over: someone is complaining about Dragon ball going too fast
People will never be happy, will they?
Old 2009-04-20, 05:51   Link #318
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
People will never be happy, will they?
I'm pretty sure his comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek (hence the smiley) ^^ I simply went along with it.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 12:17   Link #319
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Did they later fix this when Nappa is on Earth or is it like Bulma's hair colour, wrong colour since the beginning and they've never bothered to fix it? If it's the latter I can understand why didn't fix it.
Nappa's armor colour changed to the real thing when he arrived on Earth in the original Z series (just like Vegeta). How could Toei have missed this since they changed Vegeta's colour scheme in this episode? There's no excuse for this continuity error.
Old 2009-04-20, 12:28   Link #320
GDB

Unless they decided to go the hard route, and change all his scenes on earth to the coloring used in this episode.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote