AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-16, 16:59   Link #1
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Anime/manga/game with a female character with dual swords.

As title says, I'm looking for any kind of anime, manga or a game which has a female character that uses dual wielding swords. Daggers or something are no good. The female character doesn't have to be main character and can be the '' evil side '' but it also shouldn't be just some random character that can be seen on ep X for 10 minutes and that's it.

I wonder if there are any

And don't suggest any anime/manga which wasn't made after year 2000. Games are another story ( Though, only if it's an RPG ).
Old 2009-08-16, 21:07   Link #2
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
You can always create a female protagonist in Knights of the Old Republic and dual-wield lightsabers... ^^;
Old 2009-08-16, 23:33   Link #3
Shadow Kira01

I have seen quite a few but.. Mostly are dual blades as opposed to dual swords which aren't really the same thing. Of course, when it comes to games, especially MMORPG.. Like synaesthetic suggested.. You can create your own in games like the Monster Hunter series and also the Phantasy Star Universe series. As to answer the question of this thread:

Eliza (Growlanser IV)
Silvernale (Growlanser IV)

----
Also, go check out Urushihara Satoshi's works such as the Langrisser series, as well as Record of Lodoss War as that most of the characters from his works tend to vary with a wide selection of weaponry, armor and fighting style. And the fact that most of his more popular works are about war, it is only natural that you will find what you seek. Unfortunately, I didn't play enough of the games and I couldn't find links to any of the games' artwork and illustrations, so I don't know which one is which. Just google for it..

For other games, just check here!
Old 2009-08-17, 01:29   Link #4
Ash Falls Town

Akazukin from Fairy Musketeers uses two bladed weapons named Grimm Tailer for the first half of the series.
You can check to see if they are long enough in the picture here.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4607
Old 2009-08-17, 03:42   Link #5
Arkuatic

I think you're "dual wield" criteria is difficult to meet; i doubt there's much or any good anime out there with a dual wielding female protagonist. The best you're probably gonna get is Gai-re zero which the protag is a female though she wields a katana this or Claymore.
Old 2009-08-17, 05:39   Link #6
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

There is a dual-wielding protagonist later on in Claymore.
Old 2009-08-17, 07:24   Link #7
Dist

Yeah, but like I said, the character doesn't have to be the main protagonist or anything. But it also shouldn't be just random appearance for 10 minutes on some episode and that's it.

Now you may wonder why I'm actually asking this so here's the answer : I'm starting to play AION at September when it launches. The Gladiator build can wield two 1-H sword same time, and I really want to go dual-wield since it's now possible. However, my problem with MMORPG or RPG games in general are the names.
I find it very hard in the first place to create a character with fitting name, so usually I make a character after some character in anime/manga/game. But in this case, I don't know any female characters that dual wield swords. I know there are few male characters with dual blades/swords, but I prefer playing with a female character .

I will check out your suggestions, and should I like the series/game, I'll name the character after her. Of course if I don't like the series or the character then it's no good.

In the worst case I'll just go with my original beta name and use a male instead..
Old 2009-08-18, 10:51   Link #8
4Tran

How could I forget? Nanami in Utena wields a scimitar and long dagger when she fights in duels. It's a great anime that pretty much everyone should watch to boot.
Old 2009-08-18, 12:07   Link #9
Dist

Yep, but I speficially said anime made past year 2000. I'm very picky about graphics, character design and so on, so if I can't like the series or the character itself, it's no good naming a game character that I'm going to use who knows for how long after some random character I never even liked.

Hm. but I guess dual wielding females are rare... I suppose I'll go with Lloyd then which was my original plan anyway.
Old 2009-08-18, 17:25   Link #10
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

The protagonist of Murder Princess dual-wields bladed weapons occasionally.

Uh... If you need a character name for an Aion avatar, why not hit up baby name sites? That's what I did when I played MMORPGs.
Old 2009-08-18, 18:32   Link #11
Dist

Hell no, lol. Like I said, I want my character to be after someone - from anime, manga or a game. But because I'm going for a dual wield build, the character must be named after someone who uses dual weapons aswell.

It doesn't feel like Roleplaying if I just pick random name, like I sad dozen of times before. But, anyway, I'll probably use Lloyd like I did in the beta since there's no good candidates for female characters apparently.
Old 2009-08-18, 21:37   Link #12
king12354

The heroine in chaos;head. There's a game and anime out for it.
Old 2009-08-19, 04:33   Link #13
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
The heroine in chaos;head. There's a game and anime out for it.
I've seen Chaos;Head and I don't recall the heroine having dual swords..
Old 2009-08-19, 09:11   Link #14
king12354

Well I played the game and the
Spoiler for .:
Old 2009-08-19, 13:47   Link #15
Dist

I still don't know what the hell are you talking about. I rechecked Sakihata Rimi from couple image servers like Gelbooru, but she has a SWORD, not two swords. Though the shape is odd, it's definitely one single sword.
Old 2009-08-19, 18:33   Link #16
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Hell no, lol. Like I said, I want my character to be after someone - from anime, manga or a game. But because I'm going for a dual wield build, the character must be named after someone who uses dual weapons aswell.

It doesn't feel like Roleplaying if I just pick random name, like I sad dozen of times before. But, anyway, I'll probably use Lloyd like I did in the beta since there's no good candidates for female characters apparently.
Making things hard on yourself intentionally is silly, but whatever, at least you won't be one of the 48572476246 "Drizzt" variations and mispellings for people playing dual-wielders.
Old 2009-08-19, 19:10   Link #17
Dist

It's not intentional. It's just that, if I start on a character and end up not liking the name, I feel like I want to change it, which is not possible without starting over again. I've had this happen - TWICE in different MMORPG's. I've had enough, thus I'm gonna select my next name with care.

Just that like I said, I prefer playing as female character thus this topic, but seems it was useless x_x.
Old 2009-08-19, 20:16   Link #18
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The female characters in Final Fantasy VI can be equipped with two swords. I've often had Terra carry two, one being the Atma Weapon since it levels up as she does, and the other a more conventional elemental sword like the Blizzard. I've had Celes carry two swords as well. If I had to choose a character as an avatar, I'd choose Celes because she's one of the most compelling females in all of FF. Plus she can sing opera on the spot when it's needed.
Old 2009-08-19, 20:27   Link #19
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Well, I'm not sure if you checked it out (was mentioned earlier) but Claymore has two dual wielding girls (Deneve and Undine). Just check out here for information about them.

My memory at the moment fails to remember if they are what you consider "random characters."
Old 2009-08-20, 18:01   Link #20
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well theres Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail, anime airing this fall.
Altho she doesn't just dual wield swords, she uses whole array of weapons.
She's badass to the core tho and an awesome character!