AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 24 46.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 28.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-19, 11:47   Link #41
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
Gyuuki is only the framed mask/arms that grabbed Yoshida. He somehow manages to synchronize with Para's rinne. But he isn't the rinne itself, he also cloaks the minivan, which is one of his Jizaiho.
Thanks for correcting my mistake. By the framed mask, do you mean that the head on the front of the rinne van is Gyuuki as well? Thanks, I finally understand it.
Old 2012-02-19, 13:42   Link #42
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Thanks for correcting my mistake. By the framed mask, do you mean that the head on the front of the rinne van is Gyuuki as well? Thanks, I finally understand it.
Yeah, I thought his head was on a wooden frame/// and that his arms were wooden as well, lol my mistake.
Old 2012-02-19, 13:56   Link #43
Xaturas

So Yuji more or less will die at the end leaving all that he loves ^^.
Old 2012-02-19, 16:27   Link #44
yumichan808
tra la la la la~

I'm reading the explanation for the Johan speech... and I still don't get it... what the? and Pheles said that she was gonna change everything??? I didn't see much of a difference after she left.
Old 2012-02-19, 17:17   Link #45
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
So Yuji more or less will die at the end leaving all that he loves ^^.
Where did you get that from? He only said that he's going to take punishment for his deeds. He never said anything about dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumichan808 View Post
I'm reading the explanation for the Johan speech... and I still don't get it... what the? and Pheles said that she was gonna change everything??? I didn't see much of a difference after she left.
What don't you get about Johan's speech?

Pheles did change the situation. Kazumi wanted to stop the battle between Yuji and Shana and Pheles did do that. Johan was talking some sense into Yuji, while Pheles held back Shana. That Yuji and Shana started fighting again after they left is out of Pheles' hands.
Old 2012-02-19, 19:31   Link #46
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Where did you get that from? He only said that he's going to take punishment for his deeds. He never said anything about dying.
That's my opinion.
Considering that Johan said that Human Yuji won't be able to ... and then goes his explanation. I either see Yuji dying or getting some kind of exile after the plan is finished.
That's probably why he doesn't talk with Shana about the plan, cause he knows she would never in hell agree to him sacrificing himself for her *happiness*.
Old 2012-02-19, 20:52   Link #47
virox

Stupid question I guess, but...
What's Taimei Shihen again? I can't wrap my mind around it. Sabrac placed "it" into the Reiji Maigo, which also forced the Silver/part of the Snake into the Reiji Maigo, right?
But what exactly IS Taimei Shihen?

Last edited by virox; 2012-02-19 at 21:03.
Old 2012-02-19, 21:00   Link #48
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

^ Answered by Marcus H.

Spoiler for Quote:

If you translate its name. It's "The Proclamation of Grand Order". If sources are correct, it's actually pronounced Taimei Senpu
Old 2012-02-19, 21:19   Link #49
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
That's my opinion.
Considering that Johan said that Human Yuji won't be able to ... and then goes his explanation. I either see Yuji dying or getting some kind of exile after the plan is finished.
That's probably why he doesn't talk with Shana about the plan, cause he knows she would never in hell agree to him sacrificing himself for her *happiness*.
It's all explained in the last volume of the LN, kindly translated by Teh_Ping.

Spoiler for Yuji's resolve:

He already assured he is not going to become some kind of sacrifice for the world, and SnH also told that the mistess Sakai Yuji is too precious to destroy.
In the end, what Johan wanted to say is that Yuji may have a chance, or rather, deserves to be happy with the woman he loves! He agrees with the means, but doesn't agree with the end Yuji is thinking and advises some sense into it - to be more selfish.
In the end, he is underestimating Shana's resolve and feelings - like Johan said.
Spoiler for Yuji's feelings:

Anyway, can't wait for two things: the soundtrack release and next episode. I am nostalgic though, SnS is rushing to it's end...

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-02-19, 22:02   Link #50
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
^ Answered by Marcus H.

If you translate its name. It's "The Proclamation of Grand Order". If sources are correct, it's actually pronounced Taimei Senpu
Alright, I knew about that, but... It doesn't really explain anything, other than that it is a spell with a great variety of uses? I mean, I thought Taimei Shihen was like the name of the great plan of SnH to create a new world, I remember the fansub groups translating it as "our ambition" for a while, but that it's also something perceptible... I'm not exactly counting the ending of Shana I and II, since those are mostly anime original, but what's up with Shana putting Taimei Shihen into Chorde and firing it at Yuuji? Now it's suddenly something that deals damage?
I still can't wrap my mind around what it is.

Last edited by virox; 2012-02-19 at 22:20.
Old 2012-02-20, 05:40   Link #51
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumichan808 View Post
She left doesn't mean she's gone
Old 2012-02-20, 05:45   Link #52
Aesthetic Shampoo

Looks like everything i wanted to say has already been said...

except for something annoying me concerning Pheles and Johan. Why oh why does Pheles turn into such a stereotypical woman whenever Johan is concerned? Seriously, i thought the women's rights movement went back to...well, days she herself would have known about, considering how old she is. And "orders"? Why does someone as powerful as her take orders? And from someone you raised from a baby no less...I get that you love him, but why not a promise or something? Well, its just something i noticed (kinda hard to miss that twinge of annoyance) but i hope someone can fill me in here.
Old 2012-02-20, 05:51   Link #53
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Alright, I knew about that, but... It doesn't really explain anything, other than that it is a spell with a great variety of uses? I mean, I thought Taimei Shihen was like the name of the great plan of SnH to create a new world, I remember the fansub groups translating it as "our ambition" for a while, but that it's also something perceptible... I'm not exactly counting the ending of Shana I and II, since those are mostly anime original, but what's up with Shana putting Taimei Shihen into Chorde and firing it at Yuuji? Now it's suddenly something that deals damage?
It'll be explained later.

But yes the Chorde was used for firing something into the process

Quote:
^ Answered by Marcus H.

Spoiler for Quote:

大命詩篇 is the Jizaishiki needed for the 大命 (the entire plan of the Snake's, from getting Yuji as his avatar to creating Xanadu)

There are actually multiple components to it, of which Sabrac's inputting of the spell into Reiji Maigo is just for the first goal (getting Yuji as an avatar)

The first step actually began during the war with Toten Glocke.

Think of it as the spell that forms the framework of Snake's entire plan.

Now Shana firing a portion of it using Chorde apparently at Yuji...what could it only be you think?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-02-20 at 06:08.
Old 2012-02-20, 06:29   Link #54
Kakkou
Tch.

I have to say out of everything that's occurred so far, seeing a minivan crash into the fight behind a shocked Yuji/Snakey is perhaps the most surreal scene in the series.

Pheles and Johan >>> Every other couple in Shana.

I love those two. I've waited and endured through all of Shana's love problems just to see them again! They didn't disappoint at all with how Pheles (In all her glorious grace and beauty ) shows up and frees Johan who proceeds to lecture Yuji before they both make their way out in a minivan like the lovey dovey couple they are. The was easily one of my favourite moments in the series. Looking forward to what else they have in store.

Yoshida deserves some credit too. I liked how her scene played out. I swear she's become so likeable in the third season. I'm impressed. She can now join the long list of characters I care about more than the title character herself. Also, can someone please off The Professor? I'm all for Yuji's plan to succeed but I'd rather not have to hear that nutcase speak again.
Old 2012-02-20, 08:38   Link #55
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
what's up with Shana putting Taimei Shihen into Chorde and firing it at Yuuji? Now it's suddenly something that deals damage?
I have the same doubt as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
But yes the Chorde was used for firing something into the process

大命詩篇 is the Jizaishiki needed for the 大命 (the entire plan of the Snake's, from getting Yuji as his avatar to creating Xanadu)

Think of it as the spell that forms the framework of Snake's entire plan.

Now Shana firing a portion of it using Chorde apparently at Yuji...what could it only be you think?
Are you saying that Shana is loading Taimei Shihen into Chorde, in order to stop SotF's plan, that is the creation of Xanadu? If that is the case, wouldn't that spell be anti-Taimei Shihen?

Cosmic Eagle, does novel explain in detail how and when Shana learnt Taimei Shihen?
Old 2012-02-20, 08:50   Link #56
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm guessing it's what was inside inside of what Lamies gave to Wilhelmina.
Old 2012-02-20, 09:20   Link #57
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Are you saying that Shana is loading Taimei Shihen into Chorde, in order to stop SotF's plan, that is the creation of Xanadu? If that is the case, wouldn't that spell be anti-Taimei Shihen?

Cosmic Eagle, does novel explain in detail how and when Shana learnt Taimei Shihen?
It's spoiler to say exactly what the fragment of the Taimei Jizaishiki which Shana loaded into Chorde does.

It should be revealed next ep.

IIRC she learnt the method from Johan

Taimei Shihen forms the OS so to speak if Xanadu were a computer.

Quote:
I love those two. I've waited and endured through all of Shana's love problems just to see them again! They didn't disappoint at all with how Pheles (In all her glorious grace and beauty ) shows up and frees Johan who proceeds to lecture Yuji before they both make their way out in a minivan like the lovey dovey couple they are. The was easily one of my favourite moments in the series.
Except that the way their exit was portrayed was more like

"...............................

what just happened?"

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-02-20 at 10:07.
Old 2012-02-20, 11:40   Link #58
klare

so much going on until i am a bit lost... what is that ring? i forgot what happen to Pheles and Johan too, who are the ones in the van? where did the robots go?

yeah i agree with the remark "i cannot determine their objectives" haha
Old 2012-02-20, 14:24   Link #59
Deathscyther

Quote:
Quote:

I see Taimei Shihen as some kind of code. I think it's the basis of the new world, Xanadu. Maybe dna would be a good word to describe it? Everything is written in this spell. The data of the people and creatures that will live in Xanadu, the data of the buildings, cities and even countries that will be in this new world, the rules of the new world, the limitations of the new world. Everything.

I think it's safe to say that Shana and co have tempered with their piece of Taimei Shihen. So if I see Taimei Shihen as dna, I guess this leaves two choices:
1. it will destroy Yuji's/SnH's Taimei Shihen, like a virus;
2. it will modify Yuji's/SnH's Taimei Shihen, like genetic engineering.

Since this Taimei Shihen kind of looks like an egg in the middle of the body of Sairei no Hebi, I have a feeling that the egg will 'hatch' at some point and then merge with the body of SnH that is around it. This would somehow combine the code of Taimei Shihen with the power of the God of Creation. Maybe that's how Xanadu will be created?

Since Yuji and the tomogara are protecting the Taimei Shihen at the moment and seem to be waiting for something, I guess another piece is still needed though. I have a feeling that the Reiji Maigo will play some kind of role in this. Sabrac didn't put a piece of Taimei Shihen in the Reiji Maigo for nothing, right? So this would mean that they'd have to wait until midnight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H.
Also, the last two "failures" by Bal Masque are actually successes in itself.

Spoiler for Shakugan no Shana:

Spoiler for Shakugan no Shana Second:
This is one of the things I like about this season. In the end everything makes sense, especially concerning the Bal Masque. Now that we know that Bal Masque was aiming to revive Sairei no Hebi all along, even the filler arcs of season 1 and 2 can be explained.

When I watched the 'filler arcs' of season 1 and 2 with Bal Masque in it, I just couldn't understand what they were up to. I didn't really have the feeling that there was a big plan behind their actions. This made them look kind of silly. Those arcs really felt like 'filler arcs', just to show us the tomogara of Bal Masque. In the end of season 2 we found out that everything was supposedly done to create the Statue of Pride. I just couldn't find out why they wanted to make this Statue of Pride though. Just to find out if it was possible for a tomogara to be born in this world? It felt kind of unsatisfying to me. There just had to be more.

The actions of Bal Masque could be explained after watching season 3 though. Everything was planned after all.

The fountain of existence (final arc of season 1) was really created to increase the amount of power of existence Yuji could hold, so the Reiji Maigo could restore more power of existence as well. They also stored the power of existence that fell on Misaki City in order to use it later. They used the power of existence that was stored back in season 1 to create the body of the Statue of Pride in season 2. The Reiji Maigo functioned as its 'heart' and the Tyrant (silver) functioned as its 'brains'. These brains were filled with the emotions that were gathered by Konoe Fumina.

I guess you could say that the real purpose of the Statue of Pride was to become the 'avatar' of Sairei no Hebi. It would explain the actions of Bal Masque during the first two seasons. They were planning on bringing back their leader since he was sealed away long ago after all.

In season 3 nobody expected Sairei no Hebi to appear as Sakai Yuji. Not even Bel Peol, who usually plans ahead for everything, expected this. In episode 3 of this season Bel Peol thinks to herself 'Why did he choose the mystes as his vessel and not the tyrant?'. So the Tyrant was supposed to become the vessel for Sairei no Hebi. And they used the Tyrant as the 'brains' for the Statue of Pride.

I wonder if J.C. Staff planned ahead or if it's pure luck that things ended up like this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
so much going on until i am a bit lost... what is that ring? i forgot what happen to Pheles and Johan too, who are the ones in the van? where did the robots go?

yeah i agree with the remark "i cannot determine their objectives" haha
Those rings are a treasure tool called Chorde. They are rings that can be loaded with a unrestriced spells and can then be fired at a target. Shana put a piece of Taimei Shihen in the rings and fired them.

The ones in the van are Hyakki Yakou. I guess they are those two guys and the woman from the end of episode 16. Pheles found them in the end of that episode, remember? You should be able to recognize that woman on top of the minivan.

As for the rest of your questions, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-02-20 at 17:58.
Old 2012-02-20, 15:30   Link #60
Senshigeia

I just didn't get some things: what is Pheles doing for Johan that she doesn't like? And why did she say in episode 16 to Hyakki Yakou "I've found you... I wish I hadn't"?

I have some other little questions, but recently I began re-watching season 2, and it is answering some of my questions: like the thing behind Sabrac's body and Yuji thinking about... Guze and tomogara stuff. And I am sure in the next episodes (the last ones of SnS ) all my doubts will be enlightened.

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Closed Thread