AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-01, 19:01   Link #1221
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There's a Survey on the Metal Gear Rising homepage to decide how any possible sequel would be done! I highly recommend sharing your thoughts with the developers

http://www.metalgearsolid.com/landing/
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 19:26   Link #1222
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
In all honesty... if the game played exactly how the first played, only with a different story/locations... I'd be perfectly fine with that~

... oh, and it'd need that fantastic soundtrack too~
Old 2013-08-03, 16:35   Link #1223
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Already did the survey. It was as long as a cutscene from Guns of the Patriots. I kept expecting an answer to be "nanomachines" XD

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 16:55   Link #1224
anime fan99

I never understand people problem with Raiden original design he looked like any other blonde hair blue eyes anime character to me
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 18:09   Link #1225
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's a Survey on the Metal Gear Rising homepage to decide how any possible sequel would be done! I highly recommend sharing your thoughts with the developers

http://www.metalgearsolid.com/landing/
Man that was long. But worth it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:32   Link #1226
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
I never understand people problem with Raiden original design he looked like any other blonde hair blue eyes anime character to me
It's not really that, it's people wanted to play Snake and there was no option to play as Snake in MGS2 when you are in Raiden's campaign.

If you have the MGS Collection the Graphic Novel suggests that Solid Snake was the one that took out Vamp(which he slit his throat, while later he got sniper riffled in the forehead) and defeated Solidus Snake in the end instead of Raiden, that is the reason why Raiden was such a "fanboy" of Solid Snake in Revengeance.
Old 2013-08-04, 02:51   Link #1227
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
If you have the MGS Collection the Graphic Novel suggests that Solid Snake was the one that took out Vamp(which he slit his throat, while later he got sniper riffled in the forehead) and defeated Solidus Snake in the end instead of Raiden, that is the reason why Raiden was such a "fanboy" of Solid Snake in Revengeance.
Wait what?! Then why was I fighting so hard for ?!
Old 2013-08-04, 03:11   Link #1228
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
In the MGS2 Graphic novel Snake was the one that gone to get Otacon's sister Emma, he confronted vamp nearly lost, but Solid Snake managed to slit his throat, then later on unlike in the MGS2 game it was Raiden that shot him in the head.

As for the Solidus VS Raiden, Raiden managed to cut off the octopus hands of Solidus, but was knocked out, Snake then challenged Solidus and was stabbed and fallen.

Also funny thing about MGS2 graphic novel it opens up on Raiden's part playing as "SNAKE" beating up Liquid Snake and was only at 93% in a virtual simulation. The one trained by the Patriots to be the next Solid Snake.
Old 2013-08-04, 03:27   Link #1229
anime fan99

Quote:
It's not really that, it's people wanted to play Snake and there was no option to play as Snake in MGS2 when you are in Raiden's campaign.

MGS2 was my second MGS game after Snake Eater and i did found Jack background as child soldier in Africa interesting
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 03:54   Link #1230
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
MGS2 was my second MGS game after Snake Eater and i did found Jack background as child soldier in Africa interesting
I find that Raiden only got better after meeting Snake, in the beginning he was too much of a negative nancy that I can see it getting on people's nerves.
Old 2013-08-04, 04:51   Link #1231
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
That's another reason, if you listen to the codec talk Raiden at first was a shut in didn't want Rose to get in his room which only had a futon.

The one that killed Raiden's parents was Solidus Snake and took him in as a child soldier, he was goo maybe too good and he liked too kill thus giving him the name Jack the ripper.

Quote:
Raiden is Caucasian, he is just born in Liberia, like Justin Gabriel from the WWE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Gabriel
Old 2013-08-04, 09:55   Link #1232
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:

But the games are the canon. The comic has a lot of BS I see. The novels are actually closer to what Koji wrote even though they made Snake into a mass murderer.
Old 2013-08-04, 21:21   Link #1233
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
But the games are the canon. The comic has a lot of BS I see. The novels are actually closer to what Koji wrote even though they made Snake into a mass murderer.
Games are indeed the canon, but if you look at the perspective of graphic novels since Snake does kill you kinda buy into it more since it has more of a cinematic or movie feel. Unlike in the game with Psycho Mantis breaks the 4th wall and messes with you Solid Snake was ravaged by the people he killed in the past MG/MG2SS from the MSX and he was able to take down Vamp in the 2nd one which we taught was impossible in MGS4 after seeing the Raiden VS Vamp fight., but Solid/Old Snake can.
Old 2013-08-05, 13:03   Link #1234
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Raiden's actions in the game make sense since he was part of the S3 plan which was doing what Snake could do (or at least what they said before the mindrape ending). Defeating Solidus was confirming what a mix of the endings from MG1, MG2 and MGS1.

Also, sharing one vid
Old 2013-10-20, 21:55   Link #1235
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Special edition to be released in Japan
http://gematsu.com/2013/10/metal-gea...japan-december
Old 2013-10-20, 22:13   Link #1236
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Man, the PC port can't come fast enough.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 00:18   Link #1237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The special edition will also include a Metal Gear Rising PlayStation 3 theme.
Not Rules of Nature not want 030
Old 2013-10-21, 00:34   Link #1238
defki

Ugh seems like the DLC are codes and not on disc. Lame.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 18:10   Link #1239
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. Time to download.

Is it common practice to make DLCs free after a while? I might have missed tons of them.

Edit: it's not free on the euro store. Got hyped over nothing
Old 2013-11-06, 03:02   Link #1240
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
The dlc(s) are now free for psn and xbox live. I just downloaded it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/05...-dlc-now-free/

Glad my lazy ass waited.
Why are they free now?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote