AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-23, 15:59   Link #781
Mentar
Banned

After the predictably hair-raising fake initial parts, I liked the sensitivity with which the second half was handled. Very nicely done

Looking forward to the big finale!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 16:19   Link #782
Phantom

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Ai is your generic tsuntere(and quite uninteresting one). For me she is least interesting in Eita's harem. And I'll never understand why people so head-on-hills about her. Maybe you guys just never saw any tsuntere(instead of Shana probably).
It's just that some of us watched enough Rie Kugimiya to know her roles are sometimes TOO tsun. I know what I am saying because I watched ZnT and SnS and Toradora.
Then, again, you weren't talking about her, but still, can you disapprove my point my stating other GREAT tsunderes? (It's not like I am asking you nicely, all right?---->Is that how you do it?)
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 16:52   Link #783
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't like Masuzu...? Seriously I feel bad for Chiwa
No, but we seem to be in the vast minority. My dislike of her has become so intense that I literally skip past scenes which she is in.

Maybe I'm not an otaku afterall. I am not entranced by her "melons" or her "beauty," so I haven't been fooled into thinking that she could do no wrong.

And why didn't Masuzu have to wear a "shameless" sign on her back? She was being far more shameless than Eita was. Where I come from, a girl who purposely tricks a guy into publicly groping her (and doesn't even try to stop him) wouldn't just be called "shameless," she'd be called a "slut."
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 16:58   Link #784
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
No, but we seem to be in the vast minority. My dislike of her has become so intense that I literally skip past scenes which she is in.
Well, then you won't like the last ones very much ^_^;

Quote:
Maybe I'm not an otaku afterall. I am not entranced by her "melons" or her "beauty," so I haven't been fooled into thinking that she could do no wrong.
For me, what I find intriguing about Masuzu is the depth to her character. She isn't easily seen through, and she's very smart and spirited, and full of contradictions. Very interesting. Her looks are a bonus for me, but not her selling point.

But hey, I can very much understand how someone could hate her ... tastes differ.
Old 2013-03-23, 17:19   Link #785
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Just what Eita did to Hime's breast? It's getting bigger and bigger as episode pass by

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Highlight of episode 12.
Looks like he enjoyed playing breasts watermelons
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 22:36   Link #786
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Just what Eita did to Hime's breast? It's getting bigger and bigger as episode pass by
This
Not that I'm complaining, but holy shit.
She started off as moderate, and now her tits are HUGE, and Masuzu was supposed to be the girl with the largest pair... but Hime's definitely look larger now.
Old 2013-03-23, 22:52   Link #787
Sumeragi
Banned

The Power of Love.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 23:44   Link #788
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The Power of Love.
http://youtu.be/VkAVfsw5xSQ?t=1m2s

It's raring to be a really juicy finale. You've gotta feel for Masuzu and all her responsibility. Her sister doesn't seem so bad after all, she seems to really care for her sister.

Hope Masuzu can win Eita.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 02:28   Link #789
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Hime is your usual case of puberty hitting her like roadkill, she just needed a trigger (Eita) for her hormones to go bat-shit crazy
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 06:20   Link #790
alunde
osananajimi

Not being familiar with the sources, it still seems like if they are going for an anime-original ending in one season, they are going to have to tie up or ignore a lot of plot threads that originally went on longer.

I find Ai entertaining because she's so over-the-top, but being the long-gone childhood friend isn't much to build a relationship on in the present. But this show doesn't drive the plot by rational calculation, it's more like an avalanche.
Old 2013-03-24, 07:58   Link #791
Seiryuu

My opinion of Mana is a little better, though I tire of her calling Eita a virgin. I'd have long since asked her whether she's not herself a virgin, and frankly, I for one do not look at anyone in JH or even HS having "graduated" as a thing to be proud of. I'd agree with Eita's retort and truly mean it: "Virgin" is a compliment, especially in a time when media and other sources insist that it's practically an endangered species.
In any case, this episode showed quite well just why I prefer small breasts in anime if not IRL. These animators don't seem to know how to maintain consistency. In different scenes, Masuzu, Ai and Hime all seem to randomly shift cup sizes from a comfortablly charming C to a grotesquely gratuitous G. Breasts in many cases seem to fall into three categories: absurdly oversized, wildly fluctuating, and pancake. If those are my options, I'll take pancake any day.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 12:44   Link #792
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alunde View Post
....But this show doesn't drive the plot by rational calculation, it's more like an avalanche.
Lol. If we still had cookies, I'd send one over.

I loved ep 12. More richness to the characters, and more emotion.

I understand why FredFriendly and Shinhwa dislike Masuzu -- in real life she would be someone to stay away from. And I do sympathize a lot with Chiwa. But here Masuzu is a strong and fascinating character. Even more so after ep12. Not even her greatest fan would think she "can do no wrong." She does plenty of wrong. But she has always seemed to have hidden depths, and now they are starting to come clear.

I totally adored the way Eita said that being jerked around by her was "not so bad." And then his question to Mana and her answer were outstanding. "Kyouhansha," lol.

There's no doubt that some of Eita's motivation for liking Masuzu is less than honorable: she's a trophy that gives him status, and she's physically beautiful even if she isn't morally beautiful. But hey, he's human like the rest of us. And familiarity can breed love, as opposed to contempt.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 13:07   Link #793
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have a better opinion of Masuzu after episode 12. She is definitely not as much of a bitch as she seems. She was genuinely moved by the girls' gesture, and she feels bad for Chiwa. Her decision to free Eita was correct but it looks like Eita won't accept it. I guess he's a M
Old 2013-03-24, 13:10   Link #794
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
There's no doubt that some of Eita's motivation for liking Masuzu is less than honorable: she's a trophy that gives him status, and she's physically beautiful even if she isn't morally beautiful. But hey, he's human like the rest of us. And familiarity can breed love, as opposed to contempt.
You are joking, right? Because when Eita looked at Masuzu objectively he couldn't care less about her. It's when Eita added her personality to the mix and kinda grasped that she has scars & suffering that he started to get this feeling of "can't let go" and when he truly started to be in "awe" of her beauty and began to be more conscious of her (narration wise, he'll absolutely never admit any of this, of course) (and feelings like those aren't exclusive to Masuzu).

In other words, he is basically pretty much following to a T the guidelines of the plain harem main character, which doesn't get attached to a girl unless he emotionally sets himself to be so, for the sake of making the attachment more genuine (emotionally speaking).
Old 2013-03-24, 13:44   Link #795
HandofFate

Probably gonna be a neutral anime original ending because its safe.

But man, good chiwa flag this episode.

Really liked the part when Misuzu showed the end of Eita's diary. She's been steadily reading his old diary the whole time, probably laughing at it, but also feels like she's getting to know him more and more and kind of falling for his boyish past and fantasies.

Then she gets to the past page, and finds out he stopped all that and because serious just so he be able to heal Chiwa.

Ai was also great when she ran off only to be decked by a huge wave.

Kind of a shame since Misuzu is the main lead, that Eita just practically just drops in her lap. Bound to happen with any girl that one may spend a lot of time with.
Old 2013-03-24, 13:49   Link #796
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
You are joking, right? Because when Eita looked at Masuzu objectively he couldn't care less about her. It's when Eita added her personality to the mix and kinda grasped that she has scars & suffering that he started to get this feeling of "can't let go" and when he truly started to be in "awe" of her beauty and began to be more conscious of her (narration wise, he'll absolutely never admit any of this, of course) (and feelings like those aren't exclusive to Masuzu).

In other words, he is basically pretty much following to a T the guidelines of the plain harem main character, which doesn't get attached to a girl unless he emotionally sets himself to be so, for the sake of making the attachment more genuine (emotionally speaking).
No, I'm not joking. You make good points, but I felt he was drifting toward her even before he discovered her scars and suffering. As you say, lots of things are not admitted but still present. Including, in my opinion, pride at being seen as the possessor of this living trophy. As well as enjoyment of her beauty.

The way Eita just happened to meet Mana was a bit of a coincidence, but the rather sudden revelation of Masuzu's problems didn't come as much of a shock. We knew all along that there was something behind her hard attitude.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 14:18   Link #797
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
No, I'm not joking. You make good points, but I felt he was drifting toward her even before he discovered her scars and suffering. As you say, lots of things are not admitted but still present. Including, in my opinion, pride at being seen as the possessor of this living trophy. As well as enjoyment of her beauty.
I need to admit that I'm puzzled too where you're getting the "possessor of a trophy" part from. If anything, the show has displayed that Eita genuinely abhors attention of any kind. In fact, this was also the reason he gave when he first rejected Masuzu's request to play her boyfriend (before she blackmailed him into it).

That he is affected by her beauty and flirty teasing is however true, of course (I only say: Pantsu wars)
Old 2013-03-24, 15:34   Link #798
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
I have dabbed about this a lot (in fact is one of the things that I like about the series), and I do feel that the first "shock" that Masuzu gave to Eita was when she first showed him how much she "loves" romance, and Eita thought that "that rage" wasn't something normal (ergo, it had an actual reason / cause); but that also fits with the bit that he had to associate a "name" (personality) to her "face" (looks) before getting closer to her; so basically he didn't took her seriously nor looked at her before he "knew" her (technically, that's one of the reasons of why she approached him).

Eita is obviously weak towards the opposite gender, so it's natural that he gets totally overwhelmed / hypnotized when Masuzu gets too close, but besides that vulnerability (that he would never admit), he has never made a conscious statement (either monologue or voiced) that flaunts about her, like "how lucky I am with such a beautiful girl" or "I'll show her around the neighborhood". In fact the only flaunting that I have caught from him is something in the lines of "I'm the only one that can stand her for so long"

Last edited by Okashira; 2013-03-24 at 16:07.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 16:13   Link #799
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What Mentar said. The status is more of a minus, from his POV. The beauty, OTOH... poor guy does have hormones.

But I think another reason he's drawn to her is that she's engages him intellectually. Unlike the rest of his harem. It's often adversarial, but he can talk to Masuzu without her getting all deluded or just plain weird.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 18:02   Link #800
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I have a better opinion of Masuzu after episode 12. She is definitely not as much of a bitch as she seems. She was genuinely moved by the girls' gesture, and she feels bad for Chiwa. Her decision to free Eita was correct but it looks like Eita won't accept it. I guess he's a M
Obviously. Didn't you see his reaction to her little sister's verbal abuse?
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen