AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-05, 12:52   Link #6021
beamknight87
Gold Saint

sup, thinking that maybe the HG 1/100 Astray Red Frame will be a good buy since a katana wielding Gundam is pure win to me but it seems like it needs some paint job to achieve a decent look. Anyone knows if it is worth it?
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 15:53   Link #6022
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
sup, thinking that maybe the HG 1/100 Astray Red Frame will be a good buy since a katana wielding Gundam is pure win to me but it seems like it needs some paint job to achieve a decent look. Anyone knows if it is worth it?
The 1/100 is not a bad kit. Compared to the 1/144, it doesn't require a lot of painting. The katana, however, requires tremendous amount of painting. >_>
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 21:35   Link #6023
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace View Post

That's one superb collection, dude. I like what you did to your PG Zaku; very interesting color scheme. =) Are all your models painted? I can't really tell just by looking at those pics. I only paint mine partially(sections that aren't molded in their right color), with the addition of panel lining.
Thanks, the only ones that were heavily painted were the ones that had special occasions for them, ie the Dendrobium (an entirely white kit lol), the PG Zaku (didn't like the pink), HG 1/144 Aegis (pink as well ) wait that emote is pink oh noe lol, HG 1/144 Sword Calamity (wanted to put the Sword kit to good MSV use), 1/100 Strike Freedom (bad contest choice I did lol), and the three druggies, Calamity, Raider and Forbidden (which all 3, oddly enough had mostly one color to their parts). The rest I did as you said, painted the sections that weren't molded in their respective color. What also makes my Sword Calamity special is that I didn't use Gundam markers, I used a mix of Enamel and water based paints. PG Zaku was spray painted with a graffiti style paint

Quote:
And one more question: About your Dendrobium and Nueu Ziel, are those the 1/550 that are sold separately, or the 1/400 that are packed together? Either way, they look amazing. I just gotta figure out which one to get.

Thanks!
Yes, the Dendrobium and Neue Ziel are the HG Mechanics 1/550 models. I sure wished my 1/144 Dendrobium was in that pic, that kit mysteriously vanished in the mail shortly after posting my blog post, and that's one investment I may never see again of course, that all happened while I was not home, so here's hoping the management for my apartment have it in their office somewhere

I do like that both of those 1/550 models come with their own special display stand. I would've sued bandai if they hadn't included them
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 21:56   Link #6024
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Quote:
The 1/100 is not a bad kit. Compared to the 1/144, it doesn't require a lot of painting. The katana, however, requires tremendous amount of painting. >_>
I see, have looked a bit around the web, seems to be even much better than some old MG's lol. Frankly I don't mind doing the paintjob it requires. First I was thinking grabbing the Exia but I'm still hoping for the MG release soon and heck, the Astraea is coming out soon.
Guess the Red Astray grabbed my attention for its sword and capacity to do a wannabe Sanger pose lol Now I just hope the store in which I saw one still has it or I'm screwed >_< (I'm so blaming my sorry ass for not getting it when I had the chance)
Old 2008-03-06, 07:41   Link #6025
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Leaked plans of 1/144 HG Nadleeh from Bandai :-

Hmm....

Plutone's Weapons for 1/144 HG Nadleeh. Indication of a 1/144 HG Plutone in the works ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 08:03   Link #6026
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Hmm....

Plutone's Weapons for 1/144 HG Nadleeh. Indication of a 1/144 HG Plutone in the works ?
That's certainly a surprise, guess that's one very good reason to buy this Nadleeh. Though if they make a Plutone I'll be getting that one first

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 08:33   Link #6027
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Thanks, the only ones that were heavily painted were the ones that had special occasions for them, ie the Dendrobium (an entirely white kit lol), the PG Zaku (didn't like the pink), HG 1/144 Aegis (pink as well ) wait that emote is pink oh noe lol, HG 1/144 Sword Calamity (wanted to put the Sword kit to good MSV use), 1/100 Strike Freedom (bad contest choice I did lol), and the three druggies, Calamity, Raider and Forbidden (which all 3, oddly enough had mostly one color to their parts). The rest I did as you said, painted the sections that weren't molded in their respective color. What also makes my Sword Calamity special is that I didn't use Gundam markers, I used a mix of Enamel and water based paints. PG Zaku was spray painted with a graffiti style paint
LOL, so the Dendrobuim is basically molded in white, huh? More painting for me then, as I plan to get this kit along with Nueu Ziel. XD I, too, don't use Gundam markers(or any other markers for that matter) when it comes to panel lining. I use a flat acrylic based paint heavily thinned with Windex. XD I think "wash method" is what they call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Yes, the Dendrobium and Neue Ziel are the HG Mechanics 1/550 models. I sure wished my 1/144 Dendrobium was in that pic, that kit mysteriously vanished in the mail shortly after posting my blog post, and that's one investment I may never see again of course, that all happened while I was not home, so here's hoping the management for my apartment have it in their office somewhere
Aww, man, someone stole your 1/144 Dendrobium? That's horrible! =( Hopefully, your apartment manager has it somewhere safe. That's a heavy loss considering its price. I'm trying to save up so I can buy this kit, but with all these new models coming out, I don't think I'll have the will to continue on saving. So for now, I guess I'll just get the 1/550 ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
I see, have looked a bit around the web, seems to be even much better than some old MG's lol. Frankly I don't mind doing the paintjob it requires. First I was thinking grabbing the Exia but I'm still hoping for the MG release soon and heck, the Astraea is coming out soon.
Guess the Red Astray grabbed my attention for its sword and capacity to do a wannabe Sanger pose lol Now I just hope the store in which I saw one still has it or I'm screwed >_< (I'm so blaming my sorry ass for not getting it when I had the chance)
Go for it! =D Get your sorry ass outta the couch and get that kit ASAP! XD LOL! As for the Exia, I'll say wait for the MG. I'm pretty sure Bandai's working on it. =)

Quote:

Hmm....

Looking at the picture, are those headers pointing at the hair or the GN Drive? If it's pointing at the hair, does it say what its made of? Very interesting indeed; with Plutone's weapons included, you can't go wrong with this kit. Can't wait.
Old 2008-03-06, 08:53   Link #6028
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Looking at the picture, are those headers pointing at the hair or the GN Drive? If it's pointing at the hair, does it say what its made of? Very interesting indeed; with Plutone's weapons included, you can't go wrong with this kit. Can't wait.
I think they're pointing at the hairs

On second look though after browsing through some Plutone images... they're not actually Plutone's weapons at all, but weapons that just look similar. They're completely new for this Nadleeh though...

Here's a Plutone image showing off its weapons, as you can see they're not the same

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-03-06, 08:58   Link #6029
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
It says the hair will be made of more flexible material, namely PTE, which will allow it to fuction more like a coat and thus the turning of the head will not be burden by the hair.

The addtion of the weapons is a nice gimmick. But I will be grateful if Sunrise will show them in action before the planned destruction of Nadleeh.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 11:12   Link #6030
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I think these weapons will show up in the series soon, I'm just surprised that Nadleeh has new weapons instead of using Virtue's Beam Cannon.
Old 2008-03-06, 11:20   Link #6031
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
wow a surprise.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 11:25   Link #6032
EXEs
Hallelujah...

For those interested, there is a Plutone kit, but no news on released on anything. Pics below

EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 11:31   Link #6033
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
Thats only a scratch build, its not an official kit.
Old 2008-03-06, 12:14   Link #6034
Terra

Quote:
It says the hair will be made of more flexible material, namely PTE, which will allow it to fuction more like a coat and thus the turning of the head will not be burden by the hair.

The addtion of the weapons is a nice gimmick. But I will be grateful if Sunrise will show them in action before the planned destruction of Nadleeh.
Keep the rumour crap in the rumour topic. That was the whole point of it.
Old 2008-03-06, 12:21   Link #6035
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I think they're pointing at the hairs

On second look though after browsing through some Plutone images... they're not actually Plutone's weapons at all, but weapons that just look similar. They're completely new for this Nadleeh though...

Here's a Plutone image showing off its weapons, as you can see they're not the same
I see. The shield, however, looks pretty much the same, just different color.

Quote:
That's good to hear. If it is going to be as flexible as what they say, there won't be a need for a hair modification then.

Quote:
I will be grateful if Sunrise will show them in action before the planned destruction of Nadleeh.
I sure hope so, too. They are releasing the GN-Arms in accordance to its debut on the show. Hopefully, they can do same to Nadleeh.
Old 2008-03-07, 06:30   Link #6036
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Hey guys, I'm looking to get back in to building models so I need to get my tools and all of that again. What are some reputable shops online these days besides rainbow ten and hlj?

thanks
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 21:32   Link #6037
beamknight87
Gold Saint

thankfully my trip to Richmond paid off. Got that 1/100 Astray Red Frame. Still have not separated the parts into plastic bags and crammed them into a box lol. The sword looks just great ^^. Also picked up a sheet of SEED decals, maybe I'll place some of the ORB and OMNI ones on this model just to give it a little more detail.
Old 2008-03-07, 22:21   Link #6038
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Some leaked image of HG 1/144 Gundam Throne Drei:

Old 2008-03-07, 22:22   Link #6039
Okadashi
GundamGoraku.net

Send a message via AIM to Okadashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Some leaked image of HG 1/144 Gundam Throne Drei:
That is nice. What's your source?
Okadashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 22:24   Link #6040
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okadashi View Post
That is nice. What's your source?
Here

Toysdaily

They also have other pics for the MG Launcher/Sword Strike and the MG Gelgoog MP.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy