AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 03
Perfect 10 20 15.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 12.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 20.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 17.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 25 19.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 7.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.55%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-24, 18:00   Link #81
evil-samurai

Nice episode, extending the episode with 'filler' didn't bother me, I thought at first that this bell test wouldn't take long but it never felt like they were 'draging it' out so it was interesting the whole time, and its only the start of the new season so I'm not going to be too judgmental. Cant say I loved how they added in the flash-backs, I would of liked it more if the characters were just remember stuff without showing footage of it.

Though one thing suprized me is that Kakashi had quite a shocked look on his face when Sakura hit the ground so bloody hard. I would of thought that he would of kept in contact with her.. and would of somewhat know that she has grown.. what the hell has he been doing in the 2.5 years... I heard him say 'Its been a while' in the first episode. So mabye he want off training somewhere, guess I'll have to wait to see if they explain what he had been up to while Naruto and Sakura were both training.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 19:44   Link #82
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Sakura: Kakashi-sensei!
Kakashi: eh?
Sakura: I found you!
Kakashi:

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 00:26   Link #83
I love waffles!

I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 03:01   Link #84
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
The voice that Kakashi has when he says "insane strength" is pretty funny too.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 23:19   Link #85
Krakilin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
Just saw the episode...I must say, "bleh"

Did they not get rid of the filler team? We're back to mass bushin instant bushin kill...wtf ... at least have them make a comment that they're lasting longer, or at least have them get closer to the bell! Sasuke touched the bell back then, remember!
Yeah, it seems like Naruto bearly made any improvments, still does the useless mass bushin and a 2-person Rasengen. Also it seems Naruto's Rasengen is pretty crap now, I mean sure he can destroy a tree with it, but Sakura can do the same with 1 punch.

Quote:
And boy the pacing is awful, those flashbacks weren't necessary.
I actually didn't mind that flashbacks that much because I haven't seen the Naruto in a while and those flashbacks do bring back memories... I just hope they don't abuse it and play those flashbacks again in the near future.

Quote:
Don't get me started on Kakashi doing Lee's lotus!!! WTF! Lee could do it because he had his hands wrapped and he could use it to his advantage (though that was silly to begin with). Kakashi has those wraps under his sleeves? WHAAA?
That was seriously gay, there's like no limitation to what Kaskashi can copy with his Sharingan... so shouldn't Kaskashi be able to do Rasengen as well, and any of the ninjutsu he's ever seen??? Also Sasuke and Itachi should be able to do them as well.

Either way, isn't it a bit dangerous to use the lotus? What if one of those was the real Naruto, ok, so assuming Kaskashi knew those were all clones, why would he use the Lotus on clones?

Overall though, the ep was average, the music was good too, with a nice ending to the ep to lead into the next ep.

Last edited by Krakilin; 2007-02-25 at 23:32.
Krakilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 23:45   Link #86
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakilin View Post

That was seriously gay, there's like no limitation to what Kaskashi can copy with his Sharingan... so shouldn't Kaskashi be able to do Rasengen as well, and any of the nin/tai-jutsu he's ever seen??? Also Sasuke and Itachi should be able to do them as well.

Either way, isn't it a bit dangerous to use the lotus? What if one of those was the real Naruto, ok, so assuming Kaskashi knew those were all clones, why would he use the Lotus on clones?

Man, people who watch only the anime make it so hard not to reveal spoilers ! Still, Sasuke was able to copy Shadow Leaf Dance and use Lee's speed. It's only natural that Kakashi as a Sharingan user would be able to do something similar. After all, Gai is his rival right? And I think Kakashi only performed Shadow Leaf Dance which itself is not dangerous. He didn't perform Lotus, (a jutsu that uses Shadow Leaf) which is a strain on the body.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 00:28   Link #87
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Man, people who watch only the anime make it so hard not to reveal spoilers ! Still, Sasuke was able to copy Shadow Leaf Dance and use Lee's speed. It's only natural that Kakashi as a Sharingan user would be able to do something similar. After all, Gai is his rival right? And I think Kakashi only performed Shadow Leaf Dance which itself is not dangerous. He didn't perform Lotus, (a jutsu that uses Shadow Leaf) which is a strain on the body.
While I like seeing Kakashi performing moves he's copied from other people.

I wish there would be less copying from Lee & Gai. That's all the moves Lee's got.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 02:31   Link #88
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

When i watched the episode i couldnt stop laughing after the Sakura scene. When she attaked the ground i laughed alot when Kakashi said what a strong power and then I couldnt stop laughing when naruto realized that he shouldnt act stupid around sakura any more.

Also Sakura's expression was sooo scary when she said " Kakashi-sensei, i found you".
Old 2007-02-26, 06:37   Link #89
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
I liked how the music interacted with Kakashi's teaching if "Shinobi Tactical Knowledge Number 1: Taijutsu!" And then he started attacking. The music is doing it for me in this new series.

I also really like Deidaras character. His voice is cool and much speculation was made about whether Deidara was a guy or a girl. Now we know =]
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 06:44   Link #90
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukage View Post
I liked how the music interacted with Kakashi's teaching if "Shinobi Tactical Knowledge Number 1: Taijutsu!" And then he started attacking. The music is doing it for me in this new series.
I know!

the music in this 2-3 episodes has been phenomenal!
I just love the OP and ED music and all the music put into the fighting scenes and everything.

Old 2007-02-26, 07:16   Link #91
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areguzanda View Post
I know!

the music in this 2-3 episodes has been phenomenal!
I just love the OP and ED music and all the music put into the fighting scenes and everything.
It's going to seriously rock when we get to the fights later in the series. =] Next episodes fight between Gaara and Deidara looks to be good in the preview. Although in the Manga they fought in the day...
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 07:19   Link #92
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukage View Post
It's going to seriously rock when we get to the fights later in the series. =] Next episodes fight between Gaara and Deidara looks to be good in the preview. Although in the Manga they fought in the day...
maybe they'll fight through all the night to the day comes? hehe
I don't know why, but music from Anime is just so much better then music from other movies and series.
Hail Japanese Anime and Japanese music!

Old 2007-02-26, 11:08   Link #93
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

As if you don't know, Naruto is a really frustrating show...You know it's gonna get good but it seems to string you along at times (And I'm strictly talking up to ep 135 to now minus the in-between)...This episode is no different...Some really good stuff especially in the very beginning with Naruto showing some cooler skills but then the second half of the ep fizzeled a bit into yet another Naruto status quo episode that leaves you wanting so much more...I mean it kinda ticked me off that Tsunade and Jaraiya were so impressed when Naruto barely did anything above genin...I was more impressed with Sakura this ep who didn't need a running start, Rasengan, and clone buddy to chop a tree down (She just punched the damn thing)...

Alot of the fighting was, well just not that impressive for ep 3 of a new series even though I did enjoy the nostalgic value of it all...Kakashi's shock (with Naruto not Sakura) just didn't come off well considering the level of attack from Naruto not really being that jaw-dropping...Lots of clones getting their a$$es kicked while the real Naruto hides just doesn't scream "awesome 2 years of training!!!" to me...I mean why can't we see something utterly jaw-ropping like when Yusuke (YYH), Gohan (DBZ), or Ichigo (Bleach) came back from their training...I really think we deserve not having to wait even if it's 4, 5 eps to see Naruto atleast have the "shonen guy back from training cool scene"...I know it will come, but I think it should have already happened in some form...

Nevertheless I did give the episode a 7 because of the hype I felt watching parts of it and some of the intrigue involving the Akatsuki "hand-guy" and his paper-mache minions...I can only hope next week's ep has a drawn-out, intense filled battle though...I think the Naruto makers need to understand that WE ARE HERE...we are beyond the first chapter of this series and by that token they need to up the ante in every fight from now on...That doesn't mean just in powers but in visual effects, expressionism, and fight creativity...Some mature new BGM's don't change the fact the episode was still very 1st series Naruto-ish...And yeah I'm one of the few people who wish they didn't change the BGM's I liked so much...So I know without a doubt it will get better, but I'd like to see the bull$hit, throwaway fight-sequences get better too...Have a different feel that's more Hurricane-like with the last series feeling the wind speeds....

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2007-02-26 at 11:19.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 12:50   Link #94
tatami
back in black

is it just me or shippuuden sux? i mean the animation in 1-2 was cool but in 3? trees falling slowly narutos face is not mature enoug?and other things? I mean i watched oro vs sasuke in forest and that was awesome...but shippuden is a bit low quality to me...fight with kakashi was a very important scene yet animation was very bad...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 13:03   Link #95
Nanatsu

Say it with me. It's a kid's show. It's a kid's show. It's a kid's show.

The anime team doesn't care about whether or not a bunch of otaku are getting their heavy action fix from it. That's the furthest thing from their minds and it's never going to be anywhere near the top of the list on their agendas. You'll have to get what you want from another anime.
Nanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 13:16   Link #96
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^No one's arguing that it's a kid show (with "kid" in Japan having a far different maturity than "kid" in the US sense)...But as a kid's show it has shown incredible potential...Why can't it still show that type of progress it showed pre-filler?? (In animation and fight creativity)It doesn't have to be specifically action either as it can be just mood and atmosphere different from the first series...I mean this is Newruto...and it should feel that way even if it is just ep 3...Again judging the anime team's thought process on action is furthest away from what I'm trying to convey here...
Old 2007-02-26, 13:21   Link #97
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanatsu View Post
Say it with me. It's a kid's show. It's a kid's show. It's a kid's show.
*says with Nanatsu..

It's a kid show intended toward dumb little punks no older than 10 who don't mind watching Curry-in-Hurry episode. It's a kid show for puny little brains who go nuts over every time Naruto does a rasengan on an underserving wanna-be Ninja. It's a kid show who pulls on their mommy's apron and throws a tantrum because the mommy isn't buying the little idiot the shiny new doll just advertised in the commercial break.

I've said it three times, and it still doesn't make me feel any better.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 13:28   Link #98
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

it's just episode 3 out yet and you are already complaining?
hasn't even one of you thought about why the fight between Sakura/Naruto and kakashi has dragged on a whole episode?
just you wait, the fight will build itself up more and more.
I just don't know what you are complaining about.
It's much better then the fillers isn't it?

baah
I don't care what you says.
I like shipuuden
the Animation
The music
the story so far
the "mood"

you just complain all you want. I like it and am proud of it

Old 2007-02-26, 13:47   Link #99
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
*says with Nanatsu..

It's a kid show intended toward dumb little punks no older than 10 who don't mind watching Curry-in-Hurry episode. It's a kid show for puny little brains who go nuts over every time Naruto does a rasengan on an underserving wanna-be Ninja. It's a kid show who pulls on their mommy's apron and throws a tantrum because the mommy isn't buying the little idiot the shiny new doll just advertised in the commercial break.

I've said it three times, and it still doesn't make me feel any better.
It's a kid's show, but at the same time you also realize that the franchise was created to appeal to a much wider range of age groups than just tots. It's the same way that American comic book characters are used for Saturday morning cartoons and selling action figures to kids, but the actual comics themselves usually are catered more towards teens and adults (though this in part has to do with the aging of the original fans). Naruto is a program aimed at kids, but not specifically made for kids (if that makes any kind of sense). I'm sure that the anime producers are aware of the more mature fans of the show.

Still, those who were expecting to see something that would blow their socks away in the first three episodes are being unreasonable. The animation team's not going to blow their budget on filler scenes for the bell test when there's bound to be much more impressive battles coming. And there's no way you can completely recapture the "brand new" feeling that you may have experienced in the first few episodes of Naruto. Despite the way it's being advertised, this isn't a brand new series, but merely a continuation of the ongoing manga.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 15:04   Link #100
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
6.5/10

I'm finding it hard to judge this episode. I liked most of the first half of the episode...it's the second half where the filler creativity team used their usual magic.

Good:

- Yay, Naruto doesn't seem moronic anymore.

- I enjoyed seeing how much Sakura has improved over the last 2.5 years. She's probably the character who has advanced the most since part 1.

- The look on Kakashi's face when Sakura used her strength to smash the ground...

- Naruto trying to use "1000 years of pain" on Kakashi. Classic.

- I loved the new music that played when Kakashi fought Naruto's clones.

- Gaara saving Deidara the trouble of looking for him.

- Most of the flashbacks actually improved the episode.

Bad:

- The part where Naruto evaded Kakashi's shrunken looked crap... Naruto seemed to stay in the air forever, it should've been faster.

- I didn't like how Sakura kept calling Naruto an idiot, she's meant to respect him more in part 2.

- It isn't in Jiraiya's character to watch Naruto train, something shown during part 1 on numerous occasions.

- Kakashi beating Naruto's shadow clones with one hit.

- Kakashi using Lotus on Naruto's shadow clones... What the hell!?

- The person who thought up the idea of using the Sasuke genjustu crap deserves to be shot. They could've at least made him look older, they didn't have to change his clothes to make him look 15/16.

- Why did Deidara fly around all bloody day? It shouldn't take him that long to take out 3 guards and find Gaara.

- The episode seemed rather slow. I wasn't surprised when people started saying how the episode only used around 1 manga chapter.
I wanna add a couple of bad scenes!

1. When Sakura breaks the tree in half! Looked awfull!!
2. Naruto uses rasengan through tree! WTF?