AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-14, 19:01   Link #3221
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Hey look, some of the servers are finally up. Oh wait, they have queues of up to 19,000. My guild still thinks we're gonna be trying Ulduar today.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 19:39   Link #3222
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I lold pretty hard when my friend said AD had a 17k queue. How many servers are up? Or has blizz throttled the hell out of the servers?
Old 2009-04-14, 19:56   Link #3223
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I lold pretty hard when my friend said AD had a 17k queue. How many servers are up? Or has blizz throttled the hell out of the servers?
Every server is up now. Except Arygos. No exaggeration. lol
Old 2009-04-14, 20:17   Link #3224
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

About 55 or so servers are still down in the US.

Of course there are almost 245 US servers.
Old 2009-04-14, 20:34   Link #3225
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Here's an awkward question right before the patch:

I've recently flared up an old 28ish pally of mine, and I think pallies look at their best with a shield. Now, my question is as follows: Is leveling with a shield/one-hander viable? Or is it a waste of time?
Viable I guess but it'll be slow and you'd have to go Protection. I bought the Heirloom weapon and shoulders for my lowbie pally son it can level easier, so I'm doing that as Retribution once I've got the trinkets as well.

On the sudden server stuffups...that's one way to prevent Ensidia from clearing things too fast! ^^
Old 2009-04-14, 21:50   Link #3226
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

My guild seems to hate Flame Leviathan already but I think it's a ton of fun. So much going on and so many different roles. Seems like it's actually going to be fun even on farm status, can be different each week. That said, it's unbelievably easy and we killed it second attempt with 0 trouble (first attempt we accidentally had hard mode up). Will not stop terribles from getting in like I hoped, WAY too easy.

Edit: Ignis' trash is relatively tough though, those fire tornados will give bads fits for sure.

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2009-04-14 at 22:07.
Old 2009-04-14, 22:33   Link #3227
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Here's an awkward question right before the patch:

I've recently flared up an old 28ish pally of mine, and I think pallies look at their best with a shield. Now, my question is as follows: Is leveling with a shield/one-hander viable? Or is it a waste of time?
I lvled as prot back in TBC and it wasn't bad. I was able to aoe grind down a lot of mobs at once. Of course, your single target killing ability sucks, but that's the tradeoff you make. I haven't kept up with Wrath prot mechanics, but I only imagine it's easier with the buffs pallies received.
Old 2009-04-15, 01:03   Link #3228
Xacual

I haven't played in almost 2-3 months now but I leveled my pally prot from 60-70 in BC and up to 80 when Wrath came out and it was really, really easy. I could solo almost all the elite quests unless there were casters involved then maybe not. With all the skills prot got I'd say its easier to level prot then it is ret, you might not kill individual mobs as fast as ret but in the long run I could group pull and take out all the elites myself which more then made up for that(Of course my tanking gear was almost the best you could get from badges / t5 level so that helped a ton).

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 01:16   Link #3229
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Emalon is very fun. We got him once we figured out the switch from boss to add properly and how to avoid lightning and nova. Dropped 3 PvP S6 gears and T8 Lock gloves.

I don't see it as being puggable though. Too many idiots won't switch dps fast enough in a pug. It's tight already in a guild group. Always took 8 stacks to kill those adds.

Nicely tuned fight. We got a bit angsty then lifted our game accordingly.

PS. Confirmed that Ignis and Deconstructor are bugged.

PSS. Also confirmed that Argent Tournament NPCS can be killed by Horde but not by Alliance. They're having a field day on our server preventing people doing the stuff.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2009-04-15 at 01:57.
Last Sinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 03:49   Link #3230
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

On Prot leveling: So it's worth it as long as you AoE kill?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 04:04   Link #3231
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Be weird, go Holy
Old 2009-04-15, 04:12   Link #3232
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I kind of want to be able to level, you know.
Old 2009-04-15, 04:12   Link #3233
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

I left my pc up all night, but for some wierd reason the downloader stopped at 45%.. Now I'm having a pretty 5kp/sec download. Yay.
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 04:27   Link #3234
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I gave up after being at 54% for 3 hours and started downloading the patch manually.
Old 2009-04-15, 04:42   Link #3235
Xacual

AoE farming is what prot excels at. Of course it all depends on the mobs you pull, casters can really be a pain though maybe not so much anymore with the change to avengers shield? whatever skill got the silence or interrupt.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 04:54   Link #3236
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Plenty of Paladins level as Holy and they do just fine.

This NPC murder from Horde is getting ridiculous...the design of their tent makes it impossible to get to theirs yet they can glide into ours and pull over and over and over...I'm amaxed i got my turn ins done - 2 hours later....

This Argent Tournament is buggy as hell. Nearly every duel I do doesnt complete due to either me or the opponent bugging. And the lag leavs me nearly unable to charge.

New fishing dailies seem to work on making you fish 10-20 times to get it done. So far I've received the 15 copper and 5 copper pieces of glass...ugh.

And to top it off, my guild's main raiding group just got a warning that all US based servers are going down for 2 hours, right when their raid starts...

So far I haven't been impressed by how flawed 3.1 is...

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2009-04-15 at 05:28.
Last Sinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 09:07   Link #3237
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Had one bug while reskilling my warrior.

Somehow the talent tree suddenly put everything back to 1 and froze up.
Had to pay the trainer fee to make it work again.

Was the only bug I encountered so far.

The tournament was fun so far... ok maybe because all those alliance guys wanted to duel me and get thier asses handed... strangely those guys just never put thier shields back on, don't know if it was a bug or if they just forgot, but it worked perfectly fine for me.
Old 2009-04-15, 10:05   Link #3238
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The Argent NPC situation has gotten beyond lamentable...try watching a Paladin tag them and have them spank them for the next half hour....

If they don't fix this, I'm just going to spam Fishing...
Old 2009-04-15, 11:21   Link #3239
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
PSS. Also confirmed that Argent Tournament NPCS can be killed by Horde but not by Alliance. They're having a field day on our server preventing people doing the stuff.
WTF you talking about, my brother who's Alliance on Blackrock spent nine hours constantly killing the Horde Argent Tournament quest NPCs.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 11:33   Link #3240
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
WTF you talking about, my brother who's Alliance on Blackrock spent nine hours constantly killing the Horde Argent Tournament quest NPCs.
Good to know someone retaliated. Bloody carebear Alliance. What's his user name? I need to give him a standing ovation. Come to think of it, are you on Blackrock too?

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows