AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-19, 19:37   Link #12921
Lupus753

This all sounds very familiar. Like, exactly the same as an earlier arc...

No, nevermind, Nisio is doing it on purpose. Carry on.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 19:46   Link #12922
Wolfenstein

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus
This all sounds very familiar. Like, exactly the same as an earlier arc...

No, nevermind, Nisio is doing it on purpose. Carry on.
Lol. You make me laugh at what I should be angry, I like you.
Old 2013-03-19, 19:52   Link #12923
Homura7

Ha! I'm very aware of this, the setup in every new arc follows a similar trend, then BAM!, major plottwist happens.

How impatient you guys are, we are just starting.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 20:07   Link #12924
Lupus753

Yeah, it's just too similar to be anything but intentional. It's like two chapters of Phoenix Wright, both having you defend a guy with the same occupation, but each going in highly different routes. I'm sure of it.

This can't be a curb-stomp, as it would not end a chapter. Then again, who can understand the mind of the reclusive author, Nisio (if that is his real name).
Old 2013-03-19, 20:07   Link #12925
Kinali

Hello everybody,

I have been reading all these comments so I had to join. This is for Sol. I know you claim that medaka's love for zen is based on "dependancy" since he gave her a purpose and you might be right. So I decided to browse some chapters to see if I could find kumagawa's reason for his love. What I realized is that his love is no different from medaka's love based on his graduation speech. His comment about how he was worried that without medaka and ajimu he could go back to his old self seems like him being dependant on her. His love could be based on this. Only difference is he did realize that he didnt need her but by his reaction when she came back shows that he really does love her. His love is now genuine but if you say that his love was always genuine then there is no reason why medakas love isnt genuine either.

As for medaka and zen I believe that they need to break up or stay apart for a bit see if they really love each other. Now for the rest of you guys do you think zen would have rejected medaka if it wasnt for the teacher? Sorry I typed this at work.
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 20:38   Link #12926
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
Yeah, it's just too similar to be anything but intentional. It's like two chapters of Phoenix Wright, both having you defend a guy with the same occupation, but each going in highly different routes. I'm sure of it.

This can't be a curb-stomp, as it would not end a chapter. Then again, who can understand the mind of the reclusive author, Nisio (if that is his real name).
You said it, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinali
Now for the rest of you guys do you think zen would have rejected medaka if it wasnt for the teacher?
Of course.

Kuguhara's speech was more about if they should or not force Medaka to stay by begging her, something Zenkichi decided he'd do only if leaving was something Medaka herself honestly didn't want to do, which is why he said he was relieved at her feelings, since then he'd no longer have to force her to stay.
Zenkichi's speech was rather about the fact that she's not going to be the sole reason for him to live anymore, alot along those lines, which was his reason for him rejecting her.

If I had to speculate, I'd say that this change in him is something that started right before his fight with Iihiko, went through deeply when he was thinking about his life after that fight, and culminated in chapter 186.
Old 2013-03-19, 23:15   Link #12927
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

My primary reason for rooting for Kumagawa x Medaka is due to Kumagawa's continually expressed interest in the relationship. As a fan of Kumagawa, I have no choice but to pay attention to one of the most recurrent aspects of his characterization.

There is a great deal of weight to Kumagawa's feelings for Medaka (and at times, Medaka's feelings for Kumagawa in return; their joy of finally arriving at the battle they had waited 300,000,000 years for remains one of the most memorable aspects for me of the climax of the Minus arc). Having lost to Medaka then, assimilated into the Student Council, being reduced to just another one of Medaka's endless friends/enemies, leaves those feelings unresolved. Initially you could have just assumed that Kumagawa buried them quietly, offscreen, embracing his new personality and forgetting that those developments in the Minus Arc ever happened. This was my initial attitude as well. However, the persistent resurfacing of Kumagawa's romantic emotions for Medaka show that this is not the case. In the end, nearly all (actually, pretty much all) of Kumagawa's moments of being 'real' (dropping the brackets) after the end of the Minus arc still have to do with Medaka (whether saying he would beat her, that she would return to him, or 'achieving' his first victory). So you can clearly see that Medaka was and still is necessary to the resolution of Kumagawa's arc.
Or Medaka is essential to a number of people's arcs as the protagonist?

I don't really think it's "persistent romantic emotions", but more the relationship of being defined by their enemies, the whole "valuing enemies more" thing. I may be harping on semantics, but I think these relationships can be defined as more than pairings.

While you do point out instances of Kumagawa's development relating to Medaka, it seems automatically tempered towards romance in your view, which I do think is a stretch. What does he really love about Medaka? Is it just attributed to the illogical, instinctual aspect of love isn't really explainable?

Delving into personal reasons, one of my misgivings about the pairing is that it's a bit too...blatant for me. The whole "opposites attract" without much else makes it feel more like some predestined relationship than genuine development. Of course, being her main opposition Kumagawa has ironically given Medaka some of her happiest moments, but they may hold different weights to people.

You know what, why hasn't anyone really talked about Medaka having a harem? Or perhaps I haven't been reading the right forums.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 02:07   Link #12928
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
If there were no understandable standard for what could be meant by "good writing", nobody would use the term. The fact that people exist who consider "good writing" a thing means that there's some commonly understood meaning for it. Now try to guess what it is.
Umm no, as you might have noticed the highest rated say films in say metacritic are different from the highest rated films from the general public. There's is no absolute rule in regards to good writing. Heck wjhat is commonly referred to good writing truly good writing is something the reader cannot easily predict or produces unforsee emotions or concept, that the reader didn't have prior to reading or watching the literature.

It's actually quite laughable your judging shit by good writing writings as if it's some universal thing. Just because you agreed with the majority a few times there will always be instances where you don't, that's means your sense of good writings don't mean shit, as that sort of thing isn't consistent. You judge it by what you like, if that opinion is common then the book is considered good but that doesn't mean it's always will be common. Not all critics rate the same things as highly s oher there will ALWAYS be disparity that's why being a critic isn't about holdingup to some silly universal standard as good writing but being able to make complelling arguments to to why to beliee what you do about a particular story.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 04:29   Link #12929
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

The medaka vs father arc! Stay tuned.
Old 2013-03-20, 09:25   Link #12930
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
Shipping: several brick walls arguing with each other.

All these rolling eye smilies are getting on my nerves. Maybe that's why the word 'arrogant' gets thrown around a lot.
Here's hoping things don't get any worse.

Please take a moment to catch your breath guys. Even if nothing serious has happened yet; there is a reason as for why shipping threads are no longer created here.
Old 2013-03-20, 10:32   Link #12931
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Here's hoping things don't get any worse.

Please take a moment to catch your breath guys. Even if nothing serious has happened yet; there is a reason as for why shipping threads are no longer created here.
Did the sea get too turbulent with the ship-to-ship combat.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 11:13   Link #12932
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Did the sea get too turbulent with the ship-to-ship combat.
I think the Seas were vaporized in the crossfire.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 17:44   Link #12933
DawnEmperor

Any updates on the chapter?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 18:14   Link #12934
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Any updates on the chapter?
Finished translating it a couple of hours ago but Cross is swamped with school and stuff->

Quote:
‏@CXCScans 8 hours ago
Very busy day at Uni and elsewhere, so Medaka will be released tomorrow morning EST
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 18:35   Link #12935
Lupus753

Friday, as usual. That's usual, right?
Old 2013-03-21, 23:42   Link #12936
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
https://twitter.com/CXCScans/status/314927117894811648
Quote:
Hey folks, it seems like I'm sick at the moment, so a morning release is highly improbable. It will still be released tomorrow though'
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 11:04   Link #12937
Wolfenstein

Hope he feels better.
Old 2013-03-22, 15:42   Link #12938
Homura7

The raw is already circulating there. Not much happens except for a few interesting things. The chapter is full with text.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 21:45   Link #12939
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Chapter is out now, interesting game Zen set up here.
Old 2013-03-22, 21:49   Link #12940
waffler

so zenkichi and medaka just broke up or something? o.o
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council