AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-09-23, 04:35   Link #1261
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
You see Siesta is more of an "filler" character. Yes she does have influence in some parts but usually she gets the most focus on filler parts and since the novels right now are centering more on the actual plot, she has no place.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 10:18   Link #1262
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
(Following below are thoughts on vol.15, a book I had completely forgotten would exist)

...Oh boy...

Anyways, it was a rather awesome volume. And compared to the anime that just finished airing, was a god.

LOTS of development on both the story and romance. Plenty of romantic scenes between Louise and Saito (Tch, Louise's victory is almost certain here now...), and we have Tabitha spending the whole episode dealing with her feelings for Saito (though please note that there aren't really scenes between the two).
Anyways, supporters of both pairings will get a wonderful enjoyment over this.

Since I don't really care about either, I was more focused on the story side, which goes to a climax and ENDS!
Spoiler for more thoughts:

For people interested, I tried a detailed summary on the novel, though there were scenes that I didn't feel like fully describing so I described those parts as short as possible.

Spoiler for long:

...Um...... Where's Siesta...
poor charlote(tabitha)i can't forgive the guy who kissed her in saito place;but what is happening to malicorne,is he jealous of saito because of Louise?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 10:48   Link #1263
longshot

Quote:
(Following below are thoughts on vol.15, a book I had completely forgotten would exist)

...Oh boy...

Anyways, it was a rather awesome volume. And compared to the anime that just finished airing, was a god.

LOTS of development on both the story and romance. Plenty of romantic scenes between Louise and Saito (Tch, Louise's victory is almost certain here now...), and we have Tabitha spending the whole episode dealing with her feelings for Saito (though please note that there aren't really scenes between the two).
Anyways, supporters of both pairings will get a wonderful enjoyment over this.

Since I don't really care about either, I was more focused on the story side, which goes to a climax and ENDS!
Spoiler for more thoughts:

For people interested, I tried a detailed summary on the novel, though there were scenes that I didn't feel like fully describing so I described those parts as short as possible.

Spoiler for long:

...Um...... Where's Siesta...

holy crap wow this is a lot to take in, but yeah finally Saito gets an automatic assault weapon
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 11:06   Link #1264
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
LOTS of development on both the story and romance. Plenty of romantic scenes between Louise and Saito (Tch, Louise's victory is almost certain here now...),
Well I always knew it was going to be a Louise end but after finishing this volume... I feel kinda sick
Quote:
and we have Tabitha spending the whole episode dealing with her feelings for Saito (though please note that there aren't really scenes between the two).
Shouldn't you tag this as it is a plot point.
Also, Joseph was a great villain...
Old 2008-09-23, 13:08   Link #1265
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

uhh, does that mean that Tabitha gave up too?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 13:53   Link #1266
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Well I always knew it was going to be a Louise end but after finishing this volume... I feel kinda sick

Not necessarily. Saito could go back to his world, or one of the two could die.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 14:19   Link #1267
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
poor charlote(tabitha)i can't forgive the guy who kissed her in saito place;but what is happening to malicorne,is he jealous of saito because of Louise?
Yes. It's pretty much a running joke for Malicorne to get jealous of Saito and Louise, because his romantic life is 0, and he constantly gets violent over this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
uhh, does that mean that Tabitha gave up too?
Not really, since she still hasn't even admitted/accepted the fact she loves him.

Quote:
Shouldn't you tag this as it is a plot point.
Hmm... Maybe so... Oh well, it's a bit late now. And the thread is marked [Spoilers], so no one should complain if they get spoiled when they don't want too.

Quote:
Not necessarily. Saito could go back to his world, or one of the two could die.
It is possible, though unlikely, that one would die, but I'm not counting on it. Also, it's one thing if Louise dies (Ahhhh, the angry fans!), but if Saito dies, Louise would go into that depression and try to commit suicide again......
...Which is what was said this volume (not the same wording), which could be a death flag...

As for him choosing to go back to his world...
Chance getting less and less per volume...

Forgot my thoughts on our beloved incompetent queen...
Spoiler for Henrietta:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 11:02   Link #1268
AlaAlba

just finished read vol 15.
hmm, at last we could see the death of that crazy king... but it s too illogical when シェフィールド stabbed him (?.?).
that make void user into only 3 person... tho I think the fourth one will soon be appear (again)....
my guess; the fourth one will be tabitha (lol) - considering her blood relation with josef
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 18:31   Link #1269
Captain Falcon
Show me Ya Moves!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
just finished read vol 15.
hmm, at last we could see the death of that crazy king... but it s too illogical when シェフィールド stabbed him (?.?).
that make void user into only 3 person... tho I think the fourth one will soon be appear (again)....
my guess; the fourth one will be tabitha (lol) - considering her blood relation with josef

Possible, but unlikely, Tabitha is a Wind mage. Look at Louise's Family, they're blood related, but none has Void, Cattleya has Earth, but no Void. Its not blood.
Captain Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 18:47   Link #1270
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
Possible, but unlikely, Tabitha is a Wind mage. Look at Louise's Family, they're blood related, but none has Void, Cattleya has Earth, but no Void. Its not blood.
ahh, yes you got me on that one, I forgot that josef also couldnt use magic other than void...
Old 2008-09-25, 18:53   Link #1271
Captain Falcon
Show me Ya Moves!!

Saito has gained Captain Falcon's attention. He has gotten very skilled and has grown as a protagonist. The saito in the anime has fallen short compared to the Novel.

Captain Falcon hears how Henrietta has become less than useful as a Character. Captain Falcon disagrees, She tried her best, she just overestimated herself n dealing with Joseph. She heals Saito of the wounds he received in the End. She gave Saito his nobility and tried what she could to help her people.

Has Saito used his AK yet? Captain Falcon would like to see how he fares with it.
Captain Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 21:26   Link #1272
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
Has Saito used his AK yet? Captain Falcon would like to see how he fares with it.
well, yes he used it in those fights with gallian nobles a few times, to their surprised, as they never see a gun with such precision.
then again when they(saito, loiuse) have those gargoyles to cope with in mid-air. there he ran out of bullets.
then he used his one other gun to make a hole on Sheffield shoulder
Old 2008-09-26, 01:45   Link #1273
Darknemo2000

Well anime and novel Saito have different purposes. Novel Saito is meant to be a normal boy who can get heroic when the situation needs, anime Saito is meant to be a pervert for comical relief, thats why they are so different.
Old 2008-09-26, 03:55   Link #1274
longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well anime and novel Saito have different purposes. Novel Saito is meant to be a normal boy who can get heroic when the situation needs, anime Saito is meant to be a pervert for comical relief, thats why they are so different.
guess we will find out later on how anime saito will compare to novel saito once they introduce the automatic weapons and heavy mechanized vehicles............................that and his relationships with Louise, Tabitha, Tiffania, Henrietta, Siesta, Irukuku, Anything other girl that shows up basically
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 05:49   Link #1275
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

As for this "Pope" fellow (guessing that he's the novel equivalent of our world's Pope), I'm pretty sure that he's a novel-only character as of now, right? (For someone who "parachuted" into ZnT on season 3, I ask noob questions. Sorry in advance.)
Old 2008-09-26, 05:53   Link #1276
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

yea, he is
ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 04:53   Link #1277
Darknemo2000

Finished translating chapters 7 and 8 of volume 7...Yay. You know where to find it.
Old 2008-09-29, 06:19   Link #1278
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Finished translating chapters 7 and 8 of volume 7...Yay. You know where to find it.
cool thanks, one question though. Why does it still say 80% translated for chapter 8?
Old 2008-09-29, 08:10   Link #1279
Darknemo2000

Thats because my internet connection is getting silly and sometimes the page loads (or saves as in this case) too long and my editions are reverted.

And of course no one else bothered to correct it... We are sort of short of staff as you may know...

Not to mention I had some argument with Oni from B-T, during that period I stopped translating, thats why during September translations stood still and only now translations started to move again (as all other translators are too busy and currently I am the only really active...Again).
Old 2008-09-29, 09:37   Link #1280
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Thats because my internet connection is getting silly and sometimes the page loads (or saves as in this case) too long and my editions are reverted.

And of course no one else bothered to correct it... We are sort of short of staff as you may know...

Not to mention I had some argument with Oni from B-T, during that period I stopped translating, thats why during September translations stood still and only now translations started to move again (as all other translators are too busy and currently I am the only really active...Again).
ok sorry for my ignorance but so does that mean if i click on the 80% page it'll be the full translation?

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen