AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-03-22, 10:16   Link #3241
RDNexus

Erm...aren't you rushing that part of the story a bit too much?
As far as I remember, the first series had a kinda decent pacing...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 11:30   Link #3242
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
24 hours until the online version is out though we might get spoilers hours earlier. According to Vol 14's tagline, the top 16 of the Lindwurm will be known at the end of Vol 13. The author just tweeted that the series is approaching the climax.

Also, maybe the reason why we haven't been getting more anime is because they are considering on covering Vol 7-11 and parts of Vol 12 in just one-cour. This can be done by covering these volumes in these episodes.

Ep 1-5: Vol 7-8
Ep 6-10: Vol 9-10
Ep 11-12: Vol 11
Ep 13: Vol 12 Ch 1 & 3
v7-10 are really packed with events. I don't think they can do good job with only 12 eps for these volumes.
Old 2018-03-22, 11:53   Link #3243
AP24

Each volume is approximately 250 pages and covering 100 pages in one episode is a common thing for LN adaptation. Vol 7 is just an introduction for the second year arc and Vol 11 seems more like a slice of life story with little action.

It's the 23rd in Japan and stores are selling Vol 13 today so be on the lookout for spoilers later.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 13:20   Link #3244
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezel View Post
But they have now. Kirin have new orga lux and almost unbeatable ability (if she can handle opponent's moves ofc) and all of Saya's luxes almost on orga lux level in terms of pure power (but also have flaws like long cooldown).
The point stand, as i was talking about that the ranking is definitely involve more than just ability, Saya is at a massive down compare to the other, Kirin will managed to overcame it soon
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 14:25   Link #3245
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
actual ranking is hard, since it's also involved a lot with equipments, practically all single digit have Ogre Lux, and in some case like Claudia, her Ogre Lux contribute the majority in her ranking, Saya and Kirin have no special weapon, so their ranking are actually more pure ability compare to others/
Ayato's own power and skill is also pretty good, though the latter still needs work. But yeah, his being number one is probably still mostly due to Ser Versta (if he's really number one and AP24's ranking list is correct).

I said before that Ayato or Julis (whichever of them wins the Lindwurm) would have to wish for Lieseltania's independence from its parent IEF, but now I realize that I might've been forgetting something. IIRC, didn't it say that Julis' brother is already negotiating with the IEF thanks to Julis having already made that wish for Lieseltania's independence? Now she just wants to win the Lindwurm so she can get the money for her orphanage, right?

If that's the case, then if Ayato wants to be allowed to keep Ser Versta, he won't have to worry about getting in Julis' way. He can make his wish to be allowed to keep Ser Versta and then just give Julis the money for the orphanage. Done.

So yeah, with this, it's already looking like Ayato won't have to worry about his harem acting as shackles tying him to the IEF if he chooses the True Harem route. Now the question is if he and Julis both agree with the idea (which currently seems kind of unlikely given what they think about Jolbert (that's Julis' brother's name, right?) situation).
Old 2018-03-22, 17:08   Link #3246
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Ayato did say he wants to give his answer to the girls, so now I'm miffed that he hasn't done that. Maybe he'll do it after the Lindwurm? Especially since Haruka scolded him for neglecting the girls to spend time with her and whatnot.
I'm sure that he will give the girls an answer at some point. He may not have said anything because Haruka is being targeted. When she came back from there father's house Ayato told her that she could have stayed longer because she had been gone for 7 years. She said that she couldn't because of the exam for the guard and that she even studied while she was there and also Helga didn't have enough people to keep watch on her. So after she came back one of Helga's people put a tracer spell on Haruka so they will know where she is or be able to find her if there is trouble, which frees up the guard. Ayato is even worried about her being in the guard because she is doing something dangerous again. But Haruka told him that she has to return the favor ( she's speaking of lamirous).
Quote:
Hopefully Ayato's father will teach him the Amagiri Bright Dragon style techniques that Haruka can't. I think some father-son training sessions are in order at some point.
I think his Dad will at some point, since everyone is worried about Haruka being targeted, and Mediath needs her for his plan, I'm expecting her to get separated from Ayato in a way where he can't reach her. His separation from her would be the only thing that will get him to honestly talk and bring him closer to his father.
When Ayato was called home by his Dad at the end of vol. 10 and then talked with his father in vol. 11 he told Ayato that he wanted to talk about Haruka. Ayato got really angry at him because not only did he not go see Haruka for 2 years he was also the reason Ayato didn't search for her for the 5 years she was missing. Every time Ayato asked his father about Haruka he would just say that it was Haruka's will and to leave it alone, which is why Ayato had those feelings of abandonment. Not to mention he is going to need all the power he can get if he's going to take on Mediath/Lamirous and his malevolence since he was no match for him in their previous battle.
Quote:
Ayato's own power and skill is also pretty good, though the latter still needs work. But yeah, his being number one is probably still mostly due to Ser Versta (if he's really number one and AP24's ranking list is correct).

I said before that Ayato or Julis (whichever of them wins the Lindwurm) would have to wish for Lieseltania's independence from its parent IEF, but now I realize that I might've been forgetting something. IIRC, didn't it say that Julis' brother is already negotiating with the IEF thanks to Julis having already made that wish for Lieseltania's independence? Now she just wants to win the Lindwurm so she can get the money for her orphanage, right?

If that's the case, then if Ayato wants to be allowed to keep Ser Versta, he won't have to worry about getting in Julis' way. He can make his wish to be allowed to keep Ser Versta and then just give Julis the money for the orphanage. Done.
Julis got the money for the orphanage when she won the Pheonix, she got the independence when she won the Gryps, Her goal in the Lindwurm is to win against Orphlia to get her friend back and win the Grand Slam. Nothing that Ayato can wish for can give her that. Julis Accomplishing this goal is going to be luck. Because
Sylvia's reason for entering was to fight Orphilia, not to win.
Julis main reason was to fight Orphilia and to win.
Ayato (who never wanted to enter) has to fight Orphilia if he comes up against her and is NOT allowed to lose any battles. That is the condition that Lamirous put on him to keep Haruka alive.
of course Saya's reason for entering was to fight allkelant robot. Saya and Sylvia wanted to withdraw from the Lindwurm to make it easier for Ayato but Claudia told them to compete and clear away the opponants for Ayato because if they can't find out what Lamirous is planning and stop it or get that shard out of Haruka then Ayato is going to have to win the whole Lindwurm to keep her alive.
Quote:
So yeah, with this, it's already looking like Ayato won't have to worry about his harem acting as shackles tying him to the IEF if he chooses the True Harem route. Now the question is if he and Julis both agree with the idea (which currently seems kind of unlikely given what they think about Jolbert (that's Julis' brother's name, right?) situation).
The author gave so much depth to the characters that I wouldn't be surprised it was left open-ended and allowed you to make the choice, or he chose no one. Or the story could continue but like another storyline, when they're older and graduated.

Last edited by carmolita; 2018-03-24 at 18:55.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 22:10   Link #3247
AP24

If we exclude Ayato and the main girls, the strongest students are Orphelia and Xinglou. The next strongest is Sylvia but she is still outclassed by Orphelia and Xinglou. The strongest ones after Sylvia are probably Xiaofei and Fuyuka.

Ayato probably had already reached Sylvia's level at the end of Vol 10 and he has been training since then in order to become strong enough to defeat Orphelia. Julis wasn't even on Xiaofei's level but maybe she has become strong enough to defeat Orphelia after Xinglou's training. Kirin should be on Xiaofei's level now or maybe even on Sylvia's level. Saya now probably can defeat someone of Cecily's level but not sure if she can defeat someone of Xiaofei's level. If Claudia is not participating in the Lindwurm then too bad we won't see how strong she has become.

Orphelia, Ayato, Sylvia, Kirin and Julis are in the Top 10 of Odrerir rankings and most likely Xiaofei and Fuyuka too. If it's like in the other Festas then we won't see any of them fighting each other in the preliminaries and maybe not until Vol 14.
Old 2018-03-23, 05:51   Link #3248
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I really hope we don't get an open ending of all things. If it's an open ending with an implied clear ending (either Julis end or True Harem end - either one is fine with me), then that's still fine IMO. But open ending period? With him choosing no one? No way.

If Ayato beats Orphelia, hopefully he can also save her from the Orga Lux controlling her (Varda Vaos, right?).

I wonder what'll happen if Ayato finds out a way to keep Haruka alive and foil Madiath's plan without having to beat Orphelia or winning the Lindwurm (though I hope he wins it either way). And in that case, what if he has to fight Julis in the finals (I mean in the case that he knows of a way to keep Haruka alive without having to win the Lindwurm)? Will he throw the match or hold back? I really hope not.
Old 2018-03-23, 07:57   Link #3249
AP24

Spoilers are out and the Top 16 matches are revealed at the end of Vol 13.

Spoiler for Vol 13 ending:
Old 2018-03-23, 08:18   Link #3250
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Thanks for posting that. Looks interesting. If Ayato and Julis fight, hopefully Ayato won't hold back or throw the match. I really don't want to see that.

Julis trained under Xinglou without having to join Jie Long (and it'd also be against be against the rules for her to join a different school now anyway). Maybe Ayato can do the same? If so, I'd like to see him train with her. She did say she wants to train him (though he declined the offer when she asked).
Old 2018-03-23, 08:28   Link #3251
Metaba

Noëlle is 5th rank now ,Elliot is now first and perceval leave her post
Metaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 09:59   Link #3252
zerodragon

@AP24- Claudia told Kirin to not fight in this tournament so she could get better skilled with orga lux and something else that i can't remember.
Old 2018-03-23, 10:06   Link #3253
sparhawk1610
Asura

https://imgur.com/a/rceZk illus here vol 13
Old 2018-03-23, 10:10   Link #3254
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
@AP24- Claudia told Kirin to not fight in this tournament so she could get better skilled with orga lux and something else that i can't remember.
Maybe Claudia needs Kirin's help in her investigation. Too bad we don't get to see how strong Kirin is now against the strong ones in the tournament. But then who is Kirin fighting in that pic?
Old 2018-03-23, 10:36   Link #3255
carmolita

Quote:
I really hope we don't get an open ending of all things. If it's an open ending with an implied clear ending (either Julis end or True Harem end - either one is fine with me), then that's still fine IMO. But open ending period? With him choosing no one? No way.

If Ayato beats Orphelia, hopefully he can also save her from the Orga Lux controlling her (Varda Vaos, right?).

I wonder what'll happen if Ayato finds out a way to keep Haruka alive and foil Madiath's plan without having to beat Orphelia or winning the Lindwurm (though I hope he wins it either way). And in that case, what if he has to fight Julis in the finals (I mean in the case that he knows of a way to keep Haruka alive without having to win the Lindwurm)? Will he throw the match or hold back? I really hope not.
Varda is possessing Sylvia's master/teacher. Orphlia has gravisheath and Julis already fought and lost to her. So it's going to be interesting to see how she fights her in this tournament if she gets chosen to fight her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
That's correct in vol 11 she told her not to fight because you can only participate in a festa 3 times and she has time and can bring prestige/honor to the school later.

@ap24 In vol. 12 chapter 7 Isabella and galexy's anti GBA asked for kirin's help w the varda x mediath/ lamarious issue. So she is on a mission for them. Ayato's father also gave her a task when she went to their house, so more than likely she may be battling Ayato later but not in the Lindwurm. With regards to the training for the lindwurm Julis has been training for 12 months. Ayato has only been training for 6 months.

@sparhawk1610 Thank you for the pictures I won't get my book for a few days, can't wait for it to arrive

Last edited by carmolita; 2018-03-24 at 18:58.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 10:54   Link #3256
AP24

Hilda is a Strega now. Would be interesting to see her fight against Orphelia in the next volume.

Kirin fights Percavel and a mass-produced AR-D type puppet (though weaker than AR-D during Phoenix).
Old 2018-03-23, 11:08   Link #3257
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@carmolita: Orphelia is still not the same person Julis knew, right? So that's why I'm thinking Julis may want to save her if possible.

I like the Ayato can get the Grand Slam here if he wins, but I don't like how Julis will lose her chance to do that since she'll already have participated all three Festas. Ayato, Saya and Julis won't be allowed to participate in any other Festa after this one, right? There go three promising people that could've continued helping Seidoukan's standings in the Festa throughout the coming two years. The very thing Claudia told Ayato she was worried about when he first enrolled at Seidoukan (during the conversation at the Student Council office (or was it the President's office? Don't remember exactly)).

Edit: I just looked at the illustrations (thanks for the link, Sparhawk).

The girl in the second black-and-white illustration is Julis, right? Is it me, or do her breasts seem bigger?
Old 2018-03-23, 11:31   Link #3258
AP24

The only ones who can defeat Kirin in the next Lindwurm are probably just Xinglou and Sylvia, if you exclude those who can't participate in a Festa anymore or will have graduated from college by then.
Old 2018-03-23, 12:11   Link #3259
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If Kirin gets strong enough by then, she might actually win the whole thing. Unless Xinglou or Sylvia fight her and manage to beat her.

Anyone want to answer my question about the Julis illustration?
Old 2018-03-23, 12:24   Link #3260
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Quote:
If Kirin gets strong enough by then, she might actually win the whole thing. Unless Xinglou or Sylvia fight her and manage to beat her.

Anyone want to answer my question about the Julis illustration?
It's Julis, and I also noticed the plot. Btw at that moment she's dead serious and saying that she'll defeat anyone even if it's Ayato.

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life