AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-27, 22:35   Link #101
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
A lot of people bash Macross 7, but I personally loved it. It was a hell of a lot of fun. And hey, that's a huge part of what I watch anime for...to be entertained. Granted, it's been many, many years since I watched M7 but I remember it fondly.
I am a stickler for story/plot but it the characters and their relations are well done and the fiction is more or less intact I can over look alot, I think the corny aspect of M7 is what turns them off altho I think something like Teknoman has more corn/cheese in it just because it tries to be to serious, M7 is pretty good I like it but I warn anyone looking to see it thats its at least 30% song :P.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 21:21   Link #102
Tabris

Well, instead of going out, I spent tonight watching through the rest of Macross 7 and just finished the Macross 7 Encore episodes.

God, I loved how Clore's fleet was reduced from warrior Meltraedi to a load of loved up fangirls. It was fantastic. I really want to know what's happened to fleet Basara love now haha And listening to Mylene sing DYRL, that was brilliant too.

Even though I watched the last episode before most of the other [episodes] in Macross 7, after watching through the series and actually growing to like the characters, I really wish they'd resolve the Mylene, Gamlin, Basara, Rex love square. I mean It's nice leaving it all to fan speculation, but still

I'm tired, I'd say that I've watched way too much Macross tonight, but I can't get enough of 7 at the moment. Especially when waiting for new episodes of Frontier. Shame I've watched through pretty much the entire series in less than 7 days.

Last edited by Tabris; 2008-05-31 at 21:35.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 07:08   Link #103
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
yay for another macross 7 convert.

Old 2008-06-01, 08:34   Link #104
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I love how most people are like Gamlin to Basara when it comes to M7. At first they find it irritating/silly. Then slowly they're turn a small smile and go "ok it's not that horrible", and ultimately you end up singing along
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 07:55   Link #105
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

Heck, even Max and Miria ended up in divorce so anything could happen..
They were not divorced. They were separated but not divorced, and Milia would remind her daughter of that fact. Although in the Fleet's Strongest Woman, its pretty obvious Milia still has hots for Max.

As for Mylene and Basara, yeah, Mylene pretty much admitted that she loved Basara more, even though I have no idea why that self-centered jerk would deserve it.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 16:39   Link #106
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
They were not divorced. They were separated but not divorced, and Milia would remind her daughter of that fact. Although in the Fleet's Strongest Woman, its pretty obvious Milia still has hots for Max.

As for Mylene and Basara, yeah, Mylene pretty much admitted that she loved Basara more, even though I have no idea why that self-centered jerk would deserve it.

- Tak
I never really got that from Mylene; her actions really kind of put her more towards Gamlin IMO. Especially in Gamlin's Revolt/Rebellion, where she really lets her feelings come out in her music.

She did say she loved them both equally, but... she's a woman, and it was a Macross series. Plus she was still young, and I'm sure scared to lose either of them.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 19:30   Link #107
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post

She did say she loved them both equally, but... she's a woman, and it was a Macross series. Plus she was still young, and I'm sure scared to lose either of them.
Except only Basara and Mylene has an official 'print/artwork/phto' of their 'supposed' marriage with Max and Milia cheering from behind in addition to the entire Macross 7 gang.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-12, 19:43   Link #108
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Except only Basara and Mylene has an official 'print/artwork/phto' of their 'supposed' marriage with Max and Milia cheering from behind in addition to the entire Macross 7 gang.

- Tak

Oh I think I have that image somewhere...actually I think it was in one of my older anime magazines...it was either Animage or some other but I'll check out my old stuff and scan that image if I can find it.

I know exactly what image you are referring to as well and Gamlin is crying in the background LOL!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 19:50   Link #109
Tak

- Tak
Old 2008-06-12, 19:52   Link #110
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:

- Tak

LOL! Yup! That's the one! I feel bad for Gamlin and I also find it hilarious!

EDIT: Tak, was that from a Newtype or Animage? I'm looking through my mags right now because I was just curious...it would be nice just to look at the article again...nostalgia.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-12, 19:56   Link #111
Tak

I have no idea where it came from, its a miracle I even found the image. Although I am pretty sure its from a magazine, but I have no corresponding articles with it

- Tak
Old 2008-06-12, 19:57   Link #112
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
I have no idea where it came from, its a miracle I even found the image. Although I am pretty sure its from a magazine, but I have no corresponding articles with it

- Tak

Ah I see. Thanks for the image regardless!  Max's expression also cracks me up XD!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-12, 19:58   Link #113
cerrian

I hate Basara even more in that pic because he has that "Why am I here?" look on his face.
cerrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 19:59   Link #114
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Ah I see. Thanks for the image regardless!  Max's expression also cracks me up XD!
Hey, 'least the mom is happy, thats all it matters

- Tak
Old 2008-06-12, 20:30   Link #115
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:

- Tak
I apologize for how absolutely awful the pic is (I don't have a scanner and can't find it on Google) but this one is from the Mylene picture book extras in the 25th anniversary Remaster Box...

edit: I'll try to add the caption; it's credited to an LD release so the Newtype pic may have been an alternate cover, or a parody, or... I don't know. Either way I like how the Protodevlin made it out for Gamlin but not Basara.

And Gubaba is crying so it has to be legit.

Last edited by stray; 2008-06-12 at 20:41.
Old 2008-06-12, 20:39   Link #116
Tak

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA!!!!

Still, the Basara version is more plausible. For one, the attenders are all alive

- Tak
Old 2008-06-12, 20:41   Link #117
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I apologize for how absolutely awful the pic is (I don't have a scanner and can't find it on Google) but this one is from the Mylene picture book extras in the 25th anniversary Remaster Box...

This is seriously on the remaster box??? LMAO!!! OMG...that's hilarious....and Gamlin's dream come true.

Hmmm...I wonder what Gubaba's facial expression is...kinda hard to tell but thanks for the scan!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-12, 21:02   Link #118
ReddyRedWolf

Aren't Gigil supposed to be dead?

Oh wait he is and there's the "vampires" too waiting to suck out the happiness.

On the Basara and Mylene pic those clothes Basara is wearing is a little too extravegant for a wedding.

Though at the bottom I can't but feel sorry for the flower girl.

She was fidgeting when she heard Millia negotiating Basara into marrying her daughter.

Basara said why should he marry a kid, he doesn't like kids that way, then Millia answered Mylene will soon be as sexy as mommy.

I think flower girl was both relieved that Basara won't go for Mylene and disturbed that Basara doesn't have ephebophilia fetish.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 21:17   Link #119
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Aren't Gigil supposed to be dead?

Oh wait he is and there's the "vampires" too waiting to suck out the happiness.
They can make their own spiritia now, come on... and Gigil has a halo over his head... he's only there in spirit(ia)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
This is seriously on the remaster box??? LMAO!!! OMG...that's hilarious....and Gamlin's dream come true.

Hmmm...I wonder what Gubaba's facial expression is...kinda hard to tell but thanks for the scan!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Gubaba is kind of weepy; when I get a chance in a week or 2 I'm probably going to get on a friend's scanner and try and get as much of the 25th box as I can and put them on macrossworld or someplace... unfortunately a camera phone is all I had now :/ There's some great art on it tho.

edit: oh wait we got moved... cool.

Last edited by stray; 2008-06-12 at 21:34.
Old 2008-06-13, 10:31   Link #120
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I don't see Basara ever getting married to Mylene... well maybe 10 years later when she's not so much of a kid. He did kinda fall for her older sister a bit though so it's not totally out there.

Still, I wish we knew what happened to them in the MF time period.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote