AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 23 46.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 24.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 12.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-09, 03:11   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana III, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-12-09, 14:40   Link #2
Chris38

Well, if this episode has been just a prelude, then the next Shana Yuji confrontation is going to be pretty awesome, since Shans has got a lot stronger compared to before. It also seems that Yuji has been holding back a little, during the time where he kidnapped Shana, but in their future confrontations I doubt that's going to be necessary, but we will see about that in the next few episodes.

Apart from that Bal Masque is in a pretty tough situation, but if they manage to protect the God Gate until Yuji returns then, I'm quite sure that the appearance of the SoF is going to be enough to reverse their situation.

On a bad note, it seems that the next episode is going to be about Satou and Margery, which is a little disappointing, since the situation around Serieden is definitely more interesting at the moment.

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-12-09 at 15:36.
Old 2011-12-09, 15:22   Link #3
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Yup Shana is finally starting to tap into her true potential, the next fight with Yuji is going to be great.
All of these credits being animated, oh boy im a sucker for these things, this season is amazing
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2011-12-09, 19:36   Link #4
alvinkhorfire

The presence of intense battle scene has made me greatly adore Episode 8 onwards, not forgetting of course the almighty Episode 4.

Is it just me, or did Dantalion just have a "data orgasm", happily collecting them till not really obeying Yuji's command?

It is thrilling to see Shana receiving a major power boost up, after a period of self-realization. Well, her newly-developed Unrestricted Spells such as "True Crimson", "Soaring Flame", "Judgment" and "Conviction" will certainly come in handy in future battles. She just need absolutely everything in her disposal to fight the seemingly invulnerable Snake of the Festival Sakai Yuji, in order to reach out to his heart. On a side note, Shana wasted no time in urging Wilhelmina, Khamsin and Rebecca in pursuing Yuji, showing no sign of fatigue and uneasiness from imprisonment in Seireiden thus far.

It is pretty obvious that Wilhelmina was extremely worry about the safety of Shana. And yet, when she saw Shana safely walking towards her, she chose to conceal her sigh of relief and was firm. It must be difficult for Wilhelmina for not showing her soft spot for Shana, knowing that doing so may overly pamper Shana in the long run. That is why she trained her to be disciplined in Tendōkyū. Having said that, she was upset that Shana did not require her help to escape from Seireiden. Ironically, isn't one of the objectives of training in Tendōkyū that Shana becomes independent? Anyway, we all know that Wilhelmina shows great deal of care of Shana. It is more than what is necessary for what was requested by Mathilde Saint-Omer, who only wanted Merihim (Shiro) and Wilhelmina to train the next Flame-Haired Burning-Eyed Hunter.

I was a bit disappointed in Rebecca's performance against Purson. Yes, Purson had a home ground advantage and was able to effectively hide from the view of Rebecca. Still, I was hoping that she had a 50-50 chance against him. If it wasn't the element of surprise, she might not be able to defeat him. Sigh.

Question: Why did Lamies prohibit Wilhelmina from going to the central area of Seireiden? His serious tone seemed to suggest that the place hides something important. The body of second Tyrant / Silver, perhaps?

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-12-10 at 21:21.
Old 2011-12-09, 20:08   Link #5
elleinad00

oohhh Love it... as the episodes go by it's getting better and better.... oh yeah!
Love the "Shinku! Hien! Shinban! Danzai!" will she use it again?? because I can see that it's really powerful.
A great episode.

Next Episode will be the "sleeping beauty" right.....
Old 2011-12-09, 20:40   Link #6
Senshigeia

I just really can't wait for the next episode! I didn't love this one as much has the previous one, but I gave it an 8 / 10.

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2011-12-09, 23:44   Link #7
Giriath

Featuring sudden power-ups and new techniques, without any training or effort to acquire them! And as always, god-awful animation!

Convenient that Rebecca didn't die when her opponent had her totally beat. Must be hard to decide whether to stand around looking at things you can't do anything about or kill off a powerful opponent who is temporarily extremely vulnerable, lying beat in front of you without any means to defend themselves.
Old 2011-12-10, 00:53   Link #8
Silverwyrm

I wasn't very happy with this episode. Bad guys are all pushovers, flame haze get hit and get up, bad guys "crimson lords" die in one hit. Every. Time. These "crimson lords" also typically are one-trick ponies. I think Decarabia is cool but I suspect he's joining the battle as an excuse to slap him around too.

Tired of easy wins for the Flame Hazes, the closest the denizens ever got was "stalemate" at the beginning.

I feel no fear for the Flame Hazes, even if they get beat up it goes away in a few moments and the always walk out the winner aside from the random one at the beginning of the show. The bad guys tend to be very simply designed with nothing real special about them aside from how flammable they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giriath View Post
Featuring sudden power-ups and new techniques, without any training or effort to acquire them!

Convenient that Rebecca didn't die when her opponent had her totally beat. Must be hard to decide whether to stand around looking at things you can't do anything about or kill off a powerful opponent who is temporarily extremely vulnerable, lying beat in front of you without any means to defend themselves.
yea this.
Old 2011-12-10, 00:57   Link #9
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ I actually prefer fights to be handled like this than to slow down everything and focus on each single fight ala Bleach. We don't have enough time to dwell on the minor cast, so it's best to give them the atmosphere of conflict while the real battle happens elsewhere.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-10, 01:06   Link #10
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ I actually prefer fights to be handled like this than to slow down everything and focus on each single fight ala Bleach. We don't have enough time to dwell on the minor cast, so it's best to give them the atmosphere of conflict while the real battle happens elsewhere.
Haze gets hit, takes 10 damage
Crimson Lord gets hit, explodes

Thing is its leaving the impression these bad guys are all weak pushovers while the flame hazes are invincible. I should at least feel like they are a potential threat. The fighting feels hollow to me, the bad guys feel SO pointless when I new fight starts I am already tired of it because I know the outcome. he's gonna blow up after venting hot air. I don't want drawn out pointless fights ala bleach, but I would like this "war" to feel like one.

It just feels like its trying to take all this fighting very seriously, but its so nice to the good guys, it can't.

edit: basically if this war is to be taken seriously, I should at least feel the flame hazes are in danger. They aren't.
Old 2011-12-10, 01:14   Link #11
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

(By the way, I haven't watched the episode, so )
Hmm, so Purson (the lion), Uvall (the camel) and Ribesal (the scarab beetle) have been killed?
Eh, they're named fodder anyway. Purson's ability is mere disruption, Uvall summons beeeees, and Ribesal can be killed easily by an area-of-effect attack.

i.e. The three are all named fodder.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-12-10 at 01:33.
Old 2011-12-10, 01:15   Link #12
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

good episode but i really want more now!! lol

1 episode a week doesnt seem enough
Old 2011-12-10, 01:18   Link #13
alvinkhorfire

@Silverwyrm
Marcus H. has summarized it nicely. The forces left behind at Seireiden are second-rate team which is of course weaker. The stronger members of Bal Masque such as Trinity and Sabrac are following Yuji. On the other hand, Rebacca and other Flame Hazes at Seireiden are some of the stronger Flame Hazes. Of course, there are weaker Flame Hazes, but they should be outside Seireiden, waiting for the command from Sophie. So, it is understandable that it is much easier to defeat the current enemy force at Seireiden.

May I remind you that Yuji single-handedly defeats Shana, Wilhemina and Margery in Episode 4 in this season, without breaking a sweat. During Season 1 and Season 2, you can also see that most of the times, the Trinity had the upper hand over Shana and others. In my opinion, Bal Masque are slighty stronger than Flame Hazes. I shall let other Shana experts to explain the answer in a much better way.

Question: Where is Sabrac? I do not see him near Yuji, Trinity and others.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-12-10 at 01:37.
Old 2011-12-10, 01:27   Link #14
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post

May I remind you that Yuji singlehandedly defeats Shana, Wilhemina and Margery in Episode 4 in this season. During Season 1 and Season 2, you can also see that most of the times, the Trinity had the upper hand over Shana and others. In my opinion, Bal Masque are slighty stronger than Flame Hazes. I shall let other Shana experts to explain the answer in a much better way.
He has a solid point there Bal Masque is definetly stronger at the moment but ive yet to see Sophie fight so lets see what happens
Old 2011-12-10, 01:34   Link #15
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Hmm, so Purson (the lion), Uvall (the camel) and Ribesal (the scarab beetle) have been killed?
Eh, they're named fodder anyway. Purson's ability is mere disruption, Uvall summons beeeees, and Ribesal can be killed easily by an area-of-effect attack.

Nah rib still around we didn't see him this ep though

edit: makes sense its weaker ones left behind, but I really hate the powerful sounding title "crimson lord" being attached to 1 trick pony pushovers. Everything just going so perfect though, pretty much the whole way through. And the lion guy looking way to blab random likes to give reed time felt lame.
Old 2011-12-10, 01:42   Link #16
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's actually in-character. He's probably as respectful to his opponent as Uvall, but he also likes to brag... let's just say that Purson's personality is like a trumpet.

Old 2011-12-10, 01:51   Link #17
alvinkhorfire

^
@Marcus H.
Well said. Both Purson and Uvall, as you said, are respectful of their opponents, probably because they feel that they can convincingly defeat their opponents. However, when they are about to lose for real, they will stop being respectful and start to panic naturally.
Old 2011-12-10, 06:25   Link #18
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Question: Where is Sabrac? I do not see him near Yuji, Trinity and others.
He left the SoF team to *cough*
Soon you will know

I want Mare!

Quote:

Ribesal didn't died. In this episode when Decarabia contacted them(Ribesal and Haborym) to return to Seireiden, he still responded the order.

Shana's powered up now. Feel pity for Uvall, you are totally her guinea pig.

Loved the scene when Shana's silhouette (in Wilhelmina's PoV) overlapped with Mathilde's.
Old 2011-12-10, 06:32   Link #19
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

where did that power up come from anyway O_o
Old 2011-12-10, 07:04   Link #20
elior

i wonder is decarabia going to fight in the next episode since they said he will appear in the battlefield?
Closed Thread