AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-07, 14:56   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well if they can find Tsubasa in time and kick him out of stasis then might still be a chance to get him medical attention at the end of all this. But depends on a lot of variables. If he dies talk about a horrible day. Goes to pick up his nephew, gets kidnapped, beaten, then finds himself in a crazy stopped world and then stabbed to death. Maybe it will be one of those twists of expectations though and he actually used that cloth to turn the knife and stabbed the attacker with it....

Either way.....what a mess. A good deal of trouble happening purely because that grandfather stupidly used the spell when he did. Using it didn't help Juri accept the passing of her dog or say goodbye. Instead it sucked in an innocent family getting half of them basically killed and turned into stasis watch dogs. Good job Gramps. If anyone isn't getting out of this thing alive it is probably him.
Old 2018-02-11, 14:24   Link #62
Irenesharda

So, the issue with Tsubasa was over with pretty quickly. He'll probably have some trauma from the whole experience what with waking up in this world and never really knowing what's going on, as well as having had to actually kill someone.

Interestingly, they've he's the first human being to ever actually kill someone in this entire show. Go figure.

Anyway, we see that Majima, rightfully so, does harbor some resentment to our main family who inadvertently took away her own. However, they help her get it back, weirdly, the dad is the one who has the most bloodlust to bring out the Heralds?!

But we get her mom and dad's mummified remains back, but in a surprise twist, her brother is still alive?!!

Well this is going to be interesting for a kid. He's been stuck in stasis for almost 20 years, and while he's still 11 or so, his little sister is now in her late 20s. The kid is going to need a lot of therapy.

I wonder why the Herald state went differently with him. From Tsubasa's extremely short time in becoming a Herald, he had already lost weight. The Herald seems to use the human host as food. The ancient one was nothing but a head and a few organs, Majima's parents were mummified, and yet the kid, who should have much less organic material than the adults to work with, and who was turned into a Herald pretty much at the same time as them, and yet he's fine? Interesting turn.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 15:00   Link #63
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That episode was fucking phenomenal.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 17:19   Link #64
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a surprise. I didn't expect Majima and Juri to team up so quickly and easily. It is a nice surprise since I wouldn't want it dragged out needlessly and I'm impressed at how mature both of them were in putting aside their differences.

Also pretty lulzy moment when the father brings out the Herald so easily when Juri explains how messed up a person has to be to do it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 20:23   Link #65
Uribatake

This show really is growing on me, and episode 6 was the best yet, largely thanks to Eiji Suganuma's storyboards and direction, not to mention sharing animation director duties with Masaki Hinata and Yuko Kikuchi. The initial scene with Tsubasa killing the old man in self-defense was particularly tense and well animated, and I'm relieved Juri managed to save him from becoming a Herald.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 20:38   Link #66
Magewolf

So is Takafumi just complete and utter scum or is his power to summon Heralds? If it is a power it is kind of useless if all it is good for is summoning time demons that want to kill him.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 21:07   Link #67
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
This show really is growing on me, and episode 6 was the best yet, largely thanks to Eiji Suganuma's storyboards and direction, not to mention sharing animation director duties with Masaki Hinata and Yuko Kikuchi. The initial scene with Tsubasa killing the old man in self-defense was particularly tense and well animated, and I'm relieved Juri managed to save him from becoming a Herald.
This. I too thought that scene was fantastic. It really showed how hard and traumatic must be killing someone in self defense. Tsubasa later wanders in shock looking for Makoto, loses his will to live and slowly become into the Herald. Loved the direction there.

Takafumi either is the greatest scumbag on Earth or his power is indeed summoning Heralds. I wonder if he can control them with enough training.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 21:47   Link #68
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
This. I too thought that scene was fantastic. It really showed how hard and traumatic must be killing someone in self defense. Tsubasa later wanders in shock looking for Makoto, loses his will to live and slowly become into the Herald. Loved the direction there.

Takafumi either is the greatest scumbag on Earth or his power is indeed summoning Heralds. I wonder if he can control them with enough training.
I haven't read very far past this in the manga, but Takafumi is treated a little more seriously there and at times can be a bit scary. Some of his scenes were changed to give a more comedic tone.

The scene with Tsubasa was just as tense in the source material as well, though I think the music and the animation give it an obvious edge. I couldn't quite tell what was going on with the knife while reading the scene, but the anime made it much clearer. It is a great scene, and you can see how much shock he was under as he's still in a world that he doesn't understand or know about at all. He was kidnapped and almost killed, his nephew who was under his care was kidnapped, almost killed twice, and the one person they found that could move tried to kill him and he had to kill the other guy in self-defense. And now he can't find his nephew?
Poor guy was emotionally and mentally exhausted and in shock, it's no wonder he began to turn.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-02-12, 00:18   Link #69
Wandering Soul

I was hoping Tsubasa would make it out of last episode's cliffhanger and even though things were pretty tense, he made it. It's for the best that he had his jellyfish knocked out of him. Not only did it save him from becoming a herald, but the mental stress of killing someone and possibly losing Makoto was just too much for the guy.

Majima and the family ended up teaming up early than I expected them too, but it's nice that they didn't delay the inevitable. Majima went into this just expecting to get her family's bodies, but if all goes well, she should be able to leave with her brother still alive. I imagine it's going to be quite the shock for the kid to meet his sister again while she's in her 20s.

Not sure what to make of the father being able to summon a herald on command like that, though for Juri's perspective that means her father's a messed up guy.

Best episode so far for me.
Old 2018-02-12, 00:31   Link #70
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

We're assuming that a "recovered" Herald (who knows if there's ever been another one) would have no memories of their time as a Herald, but how do we know? Maybe the brother will remember the passage of those 17 years, at least on some level.
Old 2018-02-12, 13:38   Link #71
Nivek von Beldo

What a chapter, yeah what a dark comedy was Juri mention you need to be a messed up person to summon the herald..his dad pulled it in seconds.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 15:43   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, Juri's father is confirmed to be one heck of a messed up person. While the grandfather has made some poor choices over the years, not telling his son about the stone doesn't seem like one of them. He's already processed things to the point of not only intending to use the stone going forward, but wanting to see where the line is drawn before supernatural entities pop out to kill them...That guy is messed up.

This could turn out better than Majima expected. Going into it expecting dead bodies was probably the proper way. It's hard to even process a proper passage of time because they are in a stopped world and then.....who knows what state they are in once time moves on again. In the regular world years have passed, but in a sense eternity might have passed for her father, mother, and brother.

That the brother might actually come back from this is pretty remarkable. But we'll have to see what kind of state he might be in. This whole mess has been an utter tragedy for Majima, but maybe some light specks can be found in it.

Good that Tsubasa is (so far) alive. Props to him for staying alive. A darn close call with him almost turning into a herald himself. But he 'should' be ok. Well as ok as someone can be after they had to kill someone. That poor guy has had a horrible day. Just one terrible experience after another. Going to need some real emotional support after all this is over.
Old 2018-02-18, 20:13   Link #73
Nivek von Beldo

So Huge plot twist here, seems Juri s Dad will make something stupid and Sagawa learned a great secret from the society funder...
Old 2018-02-18, 20:30   Link #74
wuhugm
Confused Shark

How do you suppose one to be granted immortality from that jellyfish?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 22:17   Link #75
Irenesharda

Interesting turn of events...

I really like that Majima's brother will be okay, though that's going to be a lot of psychological damage to deal with once they get out of stasis.

This is about how far I got up to in the manga so I'm interested in what will happen next.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-02-19, 18:07   Link #76
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Man given how far this show is gone, you'd think we'd be at the end stages of this story yet we're only just over the half way point.

And it never crossed my mind how creepy it would be for Sagawa to try and become a Herald. I guess he's figured out there's something further he can become and it couldn't have been figured out by a worse person.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 18:15   Link #77
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Man given how far this show is gone, you'd think we'd be at the end stages of this story yet we're only just over the half way point.

And it never crossed my mind how creepy it would be for Sagawa to try and become a Herald. I guess he's figured out there's something further he can become and it couldn't have been figured out by a worse person.
That plot twist of the founder and his long life, seems Sagawa broke that puzzle and got more all people thought..
Old 2018-02-20, 14:16   Link #78
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Indeed this does make me wonder if there's going to be a post-Statis arc which deals with the fall out of all the events that happened in Statis. Tsubasa's PTSD, having to get rid of a body () and Shoko's little brother waking up to the new status quo.
Old 2018-02-20, 14:48   Link #79
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Big brother...
Old 2018-02-20, 19:06   Link #80
DemonneoPT

Very interesting. I was not expecting for Sagawa to have such goal. That twist on the Scripture's writer having more than 500 years was cool. I did not even think it could be possible to prolong one's life using the spectrals and the Herald. It's true that the little kid became human again after 17 years but i wonder what Sagawa is going to do. Will he be able to control his Herald self or become a mindless zombie destined to protect the stalled? He probably figured something otherwise he would not take such a risk.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime