AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-06, 14:31   Link #441
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Im too tired to read all the posts Seems, mostly, bickering to me. I know, its frustrating upon knowing the "futility" of their suffering. There is a WORLD beyond those lands and the primary plot has been shadowed with this sudden "atomic" revelation. This, can be either good or bad.

What can Miria do? Pretty much nothing. She even said it so herself, without the Org, humans are defenseless. There are too many Youmas, not to mention awakened running havoc.
If I were Miria, I would gather more intel and...if needed, seek help. She cannot defeat them through strenght of arms!!
I wonder...does Riful and Isley, whom are very ancient Abyssals, know about this?
Old 2008-05-06, 14:59   Link #442
Trax
Rock beats scissors

If the 7 were to get rid of the organization, it would also stop the production of new yoma. The yoma already out there could be cleaned out by the claymores/ex-claymores that are left. But then the problem would still be the awakened beings, and the faction that had founded the organization would not stand idle and try to reclaim their research area. Rather than getting rid of the organization, they could topple the people in charge and take over their operations?

Btw. Miata seemed awfully quiet in this chapter, I guess she was preoccupied with Clarice for now.
Old 2008-05-06, 15:42   Link #443
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

There are only 4 Problems for the ghosts:

Alicia/Beth - Riful - Easley - and "The Thing"

Perhaps Riful kills Easley. Riful takes Alicia/Beth and fights the Thing. Clare kills in the
end priscilla, after riful and some of the ghosts died. Clare cleans with the last ghosts, galatea and raffaella the continent - happy end

No, this is to easy. But imo someone will make the first move and this one will probably not be miria.
IMO Org, Prisz/Easley, Riful
Old 2008-05-06, 15:47   Link #444
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
If the 7 were to get rid of the organization, it would also stop the production of new yoma. The yoma already out there could be cleaned out by the claymores/ex-claymores that are left. But then the problem would still be the awakened beings, and the faction that had founded the organization would not stand idle and try to reclaim their research area. Rather than getting rid of the organization, they could topple the people in charge and take over their operations?

Btw. Miata seemed awfully quiet in this chapter, I guess she was preoccupied with Clarice for now.
Who says, that the Claymores will obey the new order? what if they were all a bunch of "Ophelias" in disguise? Nothing to stop them, nothing to fear...free. Why should they care about humans?
Old 2008-05-06, 16:00   Link #445
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Because they will get a taste of clares claymore if they have no manners at all.
Old 2008-05-06, 16:09   Link #446
tenken627
what Yagi said

Do you think it might be possible that the Ghosts can somehow control Alicia + Beth?
Old 2008-05-06, 16:13   Link #447
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

IMO Riful has this intention but i don't know how she will do it. Perhaps she's a strong yoki manip too?
Old 2008-05-06, 16:28   Link #448
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
IMO Riful has this intention but i don't know how she will do it. Perhaps she's a strong yoki manip too?
True, Riful probably has intended to do so this whole time, and could be why she wanted a strong yoki manipulator (or she might be able to do it herself). I agree with you.

But, if the Ghosts take out the Organization, could they somehow control Alicia + Beth themselves to wipe out all the yomas and ABs that are already out there? (Except for Priscilla. If Priscilla is going to die, it'll be by Clare's hands.)

That might solve the problem of dealing with all the existing yomas and ABs out there if the Organization is gone.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-05-06 at 16:42.
Old 2008-05-06, 17:15   Link #449
ipernorris

I would like if Riful materializes right there and right now in chapter 80... she's a bit angry with Claire...
Old 2008-05-06, 17:43   Link #450
Sci-Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I would like if Riful materializes right there and right now in chapter 80... she's a bit angry with Claire...
Nah...that would be too DBZ or Berserk-like for that to happen so soon. At least another chapter of plot and revelations to setup the next story arc. Have to find out what Clarice, Miata, and Galatea decides to do and IF the Org or an AO is monitoring the situation. Too much on the plate now. Better to save Riful for later...she's good for more insights and everybody is wondering what she needs a yoki manipulator for. Expect Yagi to keep that in the dark for awhile longer, like what he did with Miria's investigation/findings.
Old 2008-05-06, 18:47   Link #451
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi View Post
Nah...that would be too DBZ or Berserk-like for that to happen so soon. At least another chapter of plot and revelations to setup the next story arc. Have to find out what Clarice, Miata, and Galatea decides to do and IF the Org or an AO is monitoring the situation. Too much on the plate now. Better to save Riful for later...she's good for more insights and everybody is wondering what she needs a yoki manipulator for. Expect Yagi to keep that in the dark for awhile longer, like what he did with Miria's investigation/findings.
Don't forget about Sid making his move on Clare. I really want to see this happen.
Old 2008-05-06, 19:01   Link #452
nutype
Future MD

yeah....... I think we all could of guessed that the organization was responsible for youma's. The thought must of crossed our minds at least a few times and it does make sense. Destroying the organization destroys the source of youmas so then it would be very easy to kill all youmas.

miria's scientific mind made all the other claymores look like bimbos which was funny. She deduced that there are other continents from the fact that claymore materials cannot be found anywhere on the continent or in the organization. There is clear evidence for the idea that there are other lands other than the one they are living on now. She was smart enough to further deduce that claymores are made for a purposes of war and was able to hypothesize that the world outside is one of war. I honestly never really like miria until this chapter but she has really earned my respect. I was kind of sad that the main character wasn't the one that figured it all out.

My question is how advanced are the people outside the continent with claymores and awakened beings? Are they futuristic, modern or slightly more advanced than with the people on the continent?? What do you guys think about that?
Old 2008-05-06, 19:12   Link #453
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I can't stop thinking (insanely) that this is going to be like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (which was awesome). The next 'bad guy' is across the ocean which means a beach party before they load up on someones awesome awakened form with a soul link and have to battle in the ocean! AH HAHAHAHA. Okay I am done.
Old 2008-05-06, 20:01   Link #454
Sokar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
My question is how advanced are the people outside the continent with claymores and awakened beings? Are they futuristic, modern or slightly more advanced than with the people on the continent?? What do you guys think about that?
Not that advanced imo. You mean more advanced than people on the island right? I mean the island people can't be more advanced than people on the continent.... If they have problems penetrating tough hides, then the technology level probably isn't that high, most likely medieval level, or at least pre-guns. If they have guns then they can just make bullets using the same stuff as the swords and kill the dragons that way.

Also, anyone think the features of the organization look rather Elven? I'm starting to think they are dark elves....
Old 2008-05-06, 20:03   Link #455
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

woah. I just read it. What a turn of event.

Well actually i was predicting something like that would happen. I was thinking there was a chance that the organization themselves created those weapons.
Old 2008-05-06, 20:05   Link #456
Siegzon Caritas
Yuma! I CAN fight, too!

Send a message via MSN to Siegzon Caritas
That was a pretty mindblowing chapter. The author has given --in a way that makes so much sense you hit yourself on the forehead when you read it-- a whole new playing field for his protaganists.

What does Claymore currrently have?
A fantastic ensemble cast
Charismmatic antagonists in the Abyssals
Yuma
A conspiracy theorists dream organization.
A shonen power jump set up for the charcaters who have almost--but not quite--powered out of the current mileu
a sense of discovery like Earendil journeying to the Valar.

It still seems hard for me to gauge their power levels. Agatha went down fast. They didn't dare fight the abyssal, so it must still be below them by more than a little. I wonder if in shonen trad they have any power ups left?

I'd really love to see a faithful anime adaption one day.

Peace
Old 2008-05-06, 20:11   Link #457
Sci-Fi

Quote:
yeah....... I think we all could of guessed that the organization was responsible for youma's. The thought must of crossed our minds at least a few times and it does make sense. Destroying the organization destroys the source of youmas so then it would be very easy to kill all youmas.
Remember, it was Teresa that brought that up long ago and said that towns were wiped out by yomas if they didn't pay.

Quote:
miria's scientific mind made all the other claymores look like bimbos which was funny. She deduced that there are other continents from the fact that claymore materials cannot be found anywhere on the continent or in the organization. There is clear evidence for the idea that there are other lands other than the one they are living on now. She was smart enough to further deduce that claymores are made for a purposes of war and was able to hypothesize that the world outside is one of war. I honestly never really like miria until this chapter but she has really earned my respect. I was kind of sad that the main character wasn't the one that figured it all out.
Considering the Org keeps Claymores busy with one mission after another, plus the indoctrination since childhood, not many Claymores would take/have the time to think about other things and would concentrate on how they are going to find and kill the yomas on their next job. On top of that, Claymores have a tendency to dislike each other and just tolerate the short time they are together for AB hunts...probably encouraged by the Org.

Quote:
Nobody knows. If they are a separate race of beings, then they couldn't be considered AO's or AB's or hybrids like Claymores. From the panels, the soldiers and weapons don't look anymore advanced than what we've seen in Rabona. If the Org originated from overseas, then they have a technological/scientific advantage.

Depends on where the Org came from...churches were often the scientific centers in medieval Europe and info was rarely shared with the general population or the Kings/noblemen. Everything had to fit within the religions teachings/books/bibles unless some natural event was causing panic and had to be explained scientifically to restore order. Knowledge can be dangerous to TPTB, so strict control of it can create an advantage that cannot be bridged or duplicated easily.
Old 2008-05-06, 20:24   Link #458
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegzon Caritas View Post
I wonder if in shonen trad they have any power ups left?
Clare probably still has a power up, mabye if she goes berserk again.
Old 2008-05-06, 20:36   Link #459
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i really hope clare and the gang allies w/ rubel and ermita later on. rubel was clare's handler and seems like the type of person who waits on the side until something very interesting develops and goes for the opportunity.

and ermita was in charge of miria and galatea one time and he could be a good use too. he'll probably will if rubel sides w/ the g7 and galatea.

as for isley, i'm hoping yagi doesn't kill him off. he's practically the only cool good looking ex-claymore left. without him, it'll be a complete drag. i guess you can say, he's one of the reason i'm still reading claymore. ^^;

more male characters dammit!! lol rip rigardo u.u

ps - i hope you get crisped by a thousand suns clare
Old 2008-05-06, 22:59   Link #460
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
Clare probably still has a power up, mabye if she goes berserk again.
Me also think definitely not the end of power ups.

PS - A Yoki manipulating power up would be nice.
Even better, should be powerful enough to freeze an AO dead in its tracks.
Now that would be something wouldn't it.
Closed Thread