AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 44 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 30.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-21, 22:50   Link #21
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria
Sushi-Y:
Is there any hint in the TIP itself (text color, pagination, etc) that provides a clue as to whether Satoko is also who Rika is talking to from the beginning? Or is it again all white text on a black background?
Most of the TIP is narrated against a background of the night sky, probably to simulate Rika's view.

When Satoko woke up, the background changed to a view of their house, probably to simulate Rika "turning around".

For what it's worth (since this is lost in translation), the speech style of the person that Rika's talking to is completely different from Satoko's way of speaking. If you were to read the TIP in Japanese, it would be quite obvious that the person Rika's talking to is not Satoko.
Old 2006-09-21, 23:20   Link #22
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Besides, TIPS #123 makes it very clear that Satoko is not in the house when Rika is talking to someone. Hence, Satoko ≠ the person(?) that Rika is talking to.
Old 2006-09-21, 23:48   Link #23
LostBlue
祭囃子

Too bad, they took that out of Meakashi Hen
but, too gruesome for TV IMO tho
Old 2006-09-22, 00:35   Link #24
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
Too bad, they took that out of Meakashi Hen
but, too gruesome for TV IMO tho
Then it should be on the DVD. But I'm not holding my breath for that.
Old 2006-09-22, 02:33   Link #25
LostBlue
祭囃子

Most likely not b/c there is no Minagoroshi Hen in the anime. We'll fill you in the blanks once the show is over. I'm sure someone will mention that (it's been mentioned a few times already on this forum) ^^
Old 2006-09-24, 03:11   Link #26
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

Belated Screen Captures for Episode 25

I'm glad to see that the animation quality for this episode went back up. Parts of the last couple of episodes of Higurashi had me whincing... Ugh. (Then the ending credits listed the help of a Taiwanese (or was it Chinese?) animation studio for art...)

I'm really, really hoping for a grand Keiichi vs. Rena showdown in the final episode.
Spoiler:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2006-09-24 at 06:09.
Old 2006-09-24, 14:23   Link #27
Freakman

Polyethylene tank + Lighter = ?
Old 2006-09-24, 14:50   Link #28
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-25, 10:51   Link #29
Wanderer
Goat

This may be a bit off topic for this episode, but could Kasai maybe be Shion and Mion's father?

Like, there's the thing about Akane being disowned seemingly for her choice in love... but at the same time we don't really hear much about the reason why. And then there's Kasai's past of being "tricked be a woman" which he couldn't really tell Shion.

Of course it isn't exactly conclusive, but the possibility is definately there.
Old 2006-09-25, 12:43   Link #30
Gains
Rain lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
This may be a bit off topic for this episode, but could Kasai maybe be Shion and Mion's father?

Like, there's the thing about Akane being disowned seemingly for her choice in love... but at the same time we don't really hear much about the reason why. And then there's Kasai's past of being "tricked be a woman" which he couldn't really tell Shion.

Of course it isn't exactly conclusive, but the possibility is definately there.
He's not. In Himatsubushi and Meakashi, you can see their father clearly beside Akane. Shion's way of speaking to him can also count (Kasai without honorifics) and Mion calls him Kasai-san.

My thoughts is that Kasai's past is linked to Tatarigoroshi. I'm thinking that Rina's death there may happen because she tricked Kasai and then the Sonozakis took care of the matter by performing Watanagashi on her. In Tsumihoroboshi, Rena is the one doing the honours.
Old 2006-09-25, 12:58   Link #31
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gains
He's not. In Himatsubushi and Meakashi, you can see their father clearly beside Akane. Shion's way of speaking to him can also count (Kasai without honorifics) and Mion calls him Kasai-san.

My thoughts is that Kasai's past is linked to Tatarigoroshi. I'm thinking that Rina's death there may happen because she tricked Kasai and then the Sonozakis took care of the matter by performing Watanagashi on her. In Tsumihoroboshi, Rena is the one doing the honours.
I think he was intending to say that Kasai is the biological father, not the "official" father.

well...
whatever
Old 2006-09-25, 14:27   Link #32
Wanderer
Goat

theacefrehley is right. What I am suggesting is that Akane had an affair (or something along those lines) and that Kasai, not her current husband, is Mion and Shion's father. Further, I'm suggesting that Mion and Shion don't even know.

Again, just speculation, but I think it is speculation that explains a few things pretty well.
Old 2006-09-25, 16:25   Link #33
Sinless Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Sinless Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Spoiler:
I like how they made
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-25, 18:31   Link #34
Hopeful Death

Question!

Spoiler for Syringe:
Old 2006-09-25, 19:34   Link #35
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful Death
Question!

Spoiler for Syringe:
Spoiler for Syringe:
Old 2006-09-25, 19:40   Link #36
Hopeful Death

Yeah. It just seems too convenient to be a coincidence. That syringe is friggin mysterious
Old 2006-09-25, 20:32   Link #37
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Thank you WIND, you surprised me pleasantly by releasing this episode today.

Spoiler:

Old 2006-09-25, 21:40   Link #38
myopius

Another win episode.

The whole multiple realities theme... Yeah, that's pretty weird, although it makes things more interesting and meaningful obviously. Can we say that the different arcs are actually happening in chronological "order", then? I mean, he's "remembering" the other reality, not experiencing it as it happens... (Edit: Wait, no, this at least can't be competely true, since the question and answer arc where Mion/Shion are focused on appear to happen in the same universe.) Guess we'll find out (or if it's not revealed in the series, which is what I seem to be reading in this topic, I'll find out somehow, like by reading a manga somebody said will be doing the unaired arcs, or by reading somebody spoil it on this forum.) Anyway, I hope the multiple realities thing doesn't end up being lamely explained.

I agree that Rena's transformation didn't really get much air time.

Edit: Random note... just realized, but it's cool how they're bringing it all together by ending with the answer arc to the starting question arc, and also providing a real connection between them by having Keiichi "remember" the previous arc, as it to respond to it.

Last edited by myopius; 2006-09-26 at 00:36.
Old 2006-09-25, 21:44   Link #39
I<3killerloli's

Uh....just a polite question for those "in the know"

Spoiler for The remainding questions:
Old 2006-09-25, 21:48   Link #40
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm not reading the thread, because of what might be accidental spoilers of the game and such, but I just dropped by to say I loved this episode. For one, there's Mion blushing, which I find to be so cute since they rarely blush ever in this series. For another, Nakahara Mai does an impressive performance yet again. And thirdly, for some reason knowing that Rena wears thigh highs underneath that dress of hers make her look cuter, lol. ^^;

So far so good. I have heard from my friends that the anime left a lot of details out, but so far everything falls to place logically so I am happy even though there's some unanswered questions left. Great anime adaptation for those who haven't played the game a la Tsukihime, which is awesome as Higurashi can stand on its own as a great show without any prior knowledge, which IMO F/Sn really suffered from.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Closed Thread