AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-20, 15:51   Link #101
f4nt4

I actually have this idea that this snake princess is so ugly, so she brainwashed her people that beauty is the same as strength (considering most of them never has/seen any male to appreciate their physical appearance), just so she can be called as the most beautiful female there.
Old 2008-09-20, 17:18   Link #102
fireportgas

Yeah i agree with that statement that the pirate empress might be a really strong and ugly woman because in the fifth page of the chapter it says beauty equates to strength!Since there aren't any men on the island the amazons don't know what real beauty is!Of course the pirate empress may still be really beautiful apart from powerful!
Old 2008-09-20, 18:40   Link #103
P_R_V

I was thinking that maybe she could be one of the four kings that rule this part of the Grand line. I don't think Kuma (being a Shickibukai) would sent Luffy to another Shickibukai and I think all the Shickibukai are now assembling at the prison where Ace is in because WB is going to attack it.

Last edited by P_R_V; 2008-09-20 at 18:56.
Old 2008-09-20, 19:04   Link #104
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by f4nt4 View Post
I actually have this idea that this snake princess is so ugly, so she brainwashed her people that beauty is the same as strength (considering most of them never has/seen any male to appreciate their physical appearance), just so she can be called as the most beautiful female there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireportgas View Post
Yeah i agree with that statement that the pirate empress might be a really strong and ugly woman because in the fifth page of the chapter it says beauty equates to strength!Since there aren't any men on the island the amazons don't know what real beauty is!Of course the pirate empress may still be really beautiful apart from powerful!
Ierno I just highly doubt that will happen.
Old 2008-09-20, 22:57   Link #105
Monkey D. Luffy

The way Margaret was so easily kidnapped by Luffy and taken by Luffy might hint at her not being the complete fighting "beast" female member that some people might of hoped for. She must have some skill though, since it was implied that all Amazon women are raised to be strong. Most interesting will be the introduction of Boa Hancock, her crew and her two younger sisters. Her position and rank in the world could also show and give hints as to what has happened since Luffy and the Strawhats were seperated.

Luffy's vest was a funny part, I can already see Usopp and Chopper cracking jokes at Luffy's expense.
Old 2008-09-21, 00:28   Link #106
Slayerx

the only problem with the Boa Hancock is ugly theory is the fact that lola's crew seconds that beauty of hers; this well means that her beauty is a well known trait of hers. And no matter how much she says "strength = beauty" only the amazon's would believe it, the rest of the world would not think twice about it...
Old 2008-09-21, 07:30   Link #107
Trax
Rock beats scissors

About Margaret, I'm not all that sure she (or any other amazon) will get asked to join. But even if she is, she might refuse anyway.

As for only girls being born, I wonder if it's something like this: women in the pirate crew sometimes get involved with men (to some degree, they might have to in order to keep their numbers up). When they get pregnant and the baby is born, they could either leave it with the father or an orphanage if it's a boy and take it along if it's a girl. Or maybe they just really mysteriously only have girls. Strong amazon genes?

After reading the chapter for the umpteenth time I was just thinking that Luffy may have corrupted all those amazons. They'll all be curious to see the kintama if they ever see a man again. Also amazing that he's more worried about being cold than being naked in front of a bunch of women. One thing I liked as well was when he was avoiding their attacks and he's bouncing around in a sitting position thinking about the vivre card. Well, can't wait to see what Boa Hancock is all about. My guess is neither Yonkou nor Shichibukai btw.
Old 2008-09-21, 08:07   Link #108
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, the reason why the Amazons are so interested in Luffy's balls is because they think those sacks carry gold.

Kintama literally means 'gold orbs' and the Amazons seems to be interested in gold and wants to see those.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-09-21, 09:01   Link #109
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Well, as this chapter showed us, Beauty = Heavy-set. So, it could be that her crew calls her beautiful (and consequently rumours have labeled her as beautiful), but she looks just like Whitebeard, or some other heavy-set muscular man.
Oh my god...this would really suck MAJOR kintama...

But really: I'd hate it if she turns out to be a 'tough looking old biddy'.

Plus: I'd got a cool idea: what if Alvida eventually joins up Boa's crew? Nice idea. *shrug*.

But I was laughing out loud when I read the part about Margaret asking about the kintama just now. She NEEDS to join the mugiwara crew!!!!

I say we take a hostage and demand Margaret as a new crew member!! Kidnap the Shonen Jump CEO!!!

mob: "YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! !!"

Can't wait to see Sanji's island. Or Nami's. I know Robin's island will be a creativ, interesting place as well. More calm, but definitely worth the wait.

GO ODA!!!!

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-09-21, 16:47   Link #110
ellifeedn
Thinker

If Luffy beats the queen of the island (for whatever reason), does that mean he becomes the ruler of the amazons?
Old 2008-09-21, 18:17   Link #111
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
If Luffy beats the queen of the island (for whatever reason), does that mean he becomes the ruler of the amazons?
Let's hope not for his sake, he still need to find his crew and get back on the adventure in hand.
Old 2008-09-22, 21:59   Link #112
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Have any spoilers about 516 been released yet?

Last edited by Sakuranbo; 2008-09-22 at 23:22.
Old 2008-09-23, 16:21   Link #113
The_Three_Kings

Maybe the Pirate Empress will help Luffy. She is a pirate and probably understands the importance of nakama.
Old 2008-09-23, 19:34   Link #114
Rainbowman

There's something about the Kuja that I find strange. Aphelandra is wearing a hat that's somewhat similar to the helmets that the conquistidors wear. There's a little girl in the Kuja that wears the same hat as Aphelandra. So what's the deal?
Old 2008-09-23, 22:33   Link #115
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
There's something about the Kuja that I find strange. Aphelandra is wearing a hat that's somewhat similar to the helmets that the conquistidors wear. There's a little girl in the Kuja that wears the same hat as Aphelandra. So what's the deal?
Maybe they just like hats.
Old 2008-09-24, 00:35   Link #116
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
Maybe they just like hats.
I think I need a more logical answer than that.
Old 2008-09-24, 04:01   Link #117
kari-no-sugata

Chapter 516 spoiler pics and summaries are out - some interesting revelations!

I'll refrain from posting them here, and wait for the 516 thread to be created.
Old 2008-09-24, 04:50   Link #118
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
wow...

it is interesting... the spoilers of the new chapter...

also at the same time it explain why kuma send luffy to this island.
Closed Thread