AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-19, 22:09   Link #1421
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Wait, Arima is hi no ken Jebus' favorite character?
It's a miracle, there's someone else who doesn't hate the rival male character!
*goes back lurking*
Old 2006-11-19, 22:13   Link #1422
tritoch

Saki = plot device.

Suzuka might learn something about Yamato's past through Saki and because of that, She and Yamato uhh.. warms up to each other and blah blah blah.

That's the boring way..

I hope Saki bites and claws her way through Suzuka's main heroine armor. I want to see Yamato suffer a little more! ROAR..

That's the uhh tormentor's way...

Miki aces all girls and ends up with Yamato

My way..
Old 2006-11-20, 02:06   Link #1423
wontaek

I also want to see Yamato suffer, thus I'm hoping he will end up with Suzuka
Old 2006-11-20, 06:26   Link #1424
DwArD
mAnIaC

Aw please...someone please tell me the story is going to end soon....I can't really see how the mangaka is going to continue on with the storyline....not that I mind anyway since Suzuka is the first real manga that got me thinking about relationships and stuffs like that.

Anyway, I'm surprised so much had happened since I last read Suzuka. If I remember, I stopped at chapter 105 but the story then seemed a little too heartbreaking so I took a break. Guess its about time I start picking this up again.

EDIT: Just read the latest chapter....Suzuka doesn't seem to have any more feelings for Yamato...after what she'd done to him, I seriously don't expect Yamato to want to be with her again. I just feel that Yamato sacrificed and did a lot for Suzuka already...maybe its about time if Suzuka start thinking about that and do something for him. For that purpose, I sort of support Saki more than Suzuka now.

Last edited by DwArD; 2006-11-20 at 06:41.
Old 2006-11-20, 16:37   Link #1425
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I also want to see Yamato suffer, thus I'm hoping he will end up with Suzuka
Isn't that getting old?
Old 2006-11-20, 17:08   Link #1426
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

*plays trip-happy Hataraki Man ED Shangri-la*

Let's just dance to the beat, y'all.

Man, is this retrogression fun or WHAT?
Old 2006-11-20, 17:32   Link #1427
daddygoat

But with the return of Arima, we may find out what happened with Suzuka while she was in America.
Old 2006-11-20, 18:45   Link #1428
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddygoat View Post
But with the return of Arima, we may find out what happened with Suzuka while she was in America.
Oooo....please don't let anything bad happen to Suzuka while she's in America. Anyway, I hope to see Yamato pwn Arima one day....one day......I wonder how long that will be.
Old 2006-11-20, 19:20   Link #1429
megakim
For a blue and pure world

Well, he placed 3rd in an Arima-less race so it should take a while...unless Suzuka stares at him to give a speed boost
Old 2006-11-20, 21:09   Link #1430
Ronbo

Suzukas personality change is a strong indicator for me that something did indeed happen between her and Arima while in America. She leaves me with the impression of a person trying to hide something from someone that she really cares about and does not want to hurt. The best way to accomplish this is by pretending that everything is fine so that no embarrassing questions ever get asked.
I have my own theory as to what happened but since this is a clean forum I’ll just keep it to myself.
Old 2006-11-20, 23:23   Link #1431
dojikyo

Plenty of people suspected the possibility of Arima coupling with Suzuka during the training camp arc so it wouldn't be a complete suprise. But pairing Suzuka with the guy, who brought her to tears over a dead guy, seems pretty bad.
Old 2006-11-20, 23:40   Link #1432
retracnosna

I'd be pretty surprised if she didn't hook up with Arima in the states, regardless of the history with him

this manga doesn't seem too concerned with tossing character/realism aside to create a little drama (eg. Yamto turning into a rapist for no apparent reason, suzuka dumping him for no apparent reason, etc. etc.)
Old 2006-11-21, 02:00   Link #1433
Chavenz
CHA-LA! HEAD-CHA-LA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
even though the title is suzuka and the cover page is suzuka it might end differently. look at what happened in ichigo 100% even though the name isn't her name
there was a girl named Ichigo in Ichigo 100%? i doubt so

and the Suzuka hooking up with Arima can be a nice arc for a few chapters.. to keep the story going till....

Miki comforts Yamato and they end up together. yay end
Old 2006-11-21, 02:56   Link #1434
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
Suzukas personality change is a strong indicator for me that something did indeed happen between her and Arima while in America. She leaves me with the impression of a person trying to hide something from someone that she really cares about and does not want to hurt. The best way to accomplish this is by pretending that everything is fine so that no embarrassing questions ever get asked.
I have my own theory as to what happened but since this is a clean forum I’ll just keep it to myself.
I agree with you Ronbo. What can a girl do alone in a foreign country? And I'm sure Suzuka was hurt when she broke up with Yamato and left for America. In that sort of situation, I wouldn't be surprised that Arima approached her and...you know...something happened. I was hoping Suzuka only sort of dated Arima while in America...nothing more intimate. But if she's really hiding it from Yamato, then that means she still care about Yamato and wouldn't want to see him get hurt. Lets just hope Suzuma didn't get real intimate with Arima...you guys know what I mean.
Old 2006-11-21, 05:58   Link #1435
Scorpio3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD View Post
then that means she still care about Yamato and wouldn't want to see him get hurt.
Yes, because she has done such a great job with that before XD

Personally I don't really see the Arima thing happening. I mean Suzuka had enough of a problem getting herself to go out with Yamato who she actually liked and is actually a nice guy who liked and supported her . If she jumps into Arima's arms who is the king of all Jerks and made fun of her dead boyfriend while she was still in love with him then she has some serious issues lol Then again it wouldn't be the first case of the Jerk getting the girl, I just don't see Suzuka being like that. I don't give Suzuka a lot of credit (mainly because she is pure evil >_>), but one thing I will give her is that she isn't that shallow to hook up with a guy like Arima.
Old 2006-11-21, 06:03   Link #1436
tritoch

Arima and Suzuka tried to make babies but ended up in despair. Suzuka was pissed cause of the seedless Arima. He tries to sleep with Yamato but Yamato doesn't want that now cause she has bigger plans.... HAREM!

And then my faith died.. a little.

And yes, Michael, Shangri-La by chatmonchy is uber awe-sum!
Old 2006-11-21, 07:10   Link #1437
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio3.14 View Post
Yes, because she has done such a great job with that before XD

Personally I don't really see the Arima thing happening. I mean Suzuka had enough of a problem getting herself to go out with Yamato who she actually liked and is actually a nice guy who liked and supported her . If she jumps into Arima's arms who is the king of all Jerks and made fun of her dead boyfriend while she was still in love with him then she has some serious issues lol Then again it wouldn't be the first case of the Jerk getting the girl, I just don't see Suzuka being like that. I don't give Suzuka a lot of credit (mainly because she is pure evil >_>), but one thing I will give her is that she isn't that shallow to hook up with a guy like Arima.
Makes sense. I did some thinking and plot analysis too and I can't really imagine THAT happen to Suzuka and Arima, unless something happened in America that brings them together. But still, I don't see Suzuka like dating anyone now or something. Still not sure whether she still like Yamato but at least they're just friends for now. Yamato may still, correction, Yamato still like Suzuka, but I think its about time Yamato take a rest and let Suzuka do something, if Suzuka still like him that is. Yamato sacrificed too much for Suzuka previously, and its about time Suzuka did something for Yamato. Besides, I hate the same old storyline with Yamato chasing after Suzuka. If she really like Yamato, then she better do some wok herself or she'll end up hurting herself and Yamato again.

I just read back a little and realised that the first person that Yamto confessed to back at his hometown was Saki? Now that's a very interesting turn of event. And she seemed to like Yamato too. Damn.....I'm seriously starting to think Yamato deserve to be with other girls aside from Suzuka. Its like....all the girls appearing around Yamato are in love with him yet he's actually dull enough to not notice it? Or maybe its because he's still in love with Suzuka...
Old 2006-11-21, 07:15   Link #1438
tritoch

That's an easy scenario to overcome.. Suzuka phails.. Arima comforts her because they know each other. Sparks fly. Baby making commences.
Old 2006-11-21, 08:09   Link #1439
Hydex

That would be such an uncool end :x
Old 2006-11-21, 09:42   Link #1440
DwArD
mAnIaC

I was hoping that wouldn't happen. I mean....its just too cruel for Yamato. And Suzuka too. But about Arima....I dunno...I just have a feeling he has a thing for Suzuka. Who knows? Maybe something did happen between he and Suzuka back in America, when Harima comes back, he'll sort of wanna take Suzuka away from Yamato? Not that Suzuka is Yamato's girl now but....anyway, I really hope the mangaka wouldn't make Suzuka and Arima *gulp* making babies while in America. I just think its too harsh for Yamato and Suzuka....especially Yamato. How will he think when he realise that Suzuka dumped him, left Japan and ended up....making baby in America!? Either way, if that is what's going to happen, then its better for Yamato to learn the truth before he and Suzuka reconcile, before it hurts him the most. Right now, I'm just hoping that Yamato would stop thinking about all this relationship stuff and focus on his...career/studies/sports whatsoever. He seriously needs to improve on his image a little and not continue to be a coward/weakling/indecisive whatsoever like what Saki mentioned before. Now that makes me wonder why so many girls like Yamato in the first place? I just happen to notice that all the girls fell in love with him just by looking at him trying so hard to get Suzuka's heart?

On a side note, I really don't see how this story is going to continue. If Suzuka x Arima really occurred, I'm sure a lot of people will be losing interest in the whole story. Really. I've skipped several chapters just because of the whole Suzuka dumping Yamato stuff (because it caused me a headache) and I seriously don't want to see the main female character getting ruined just because of that. I'm sure everyone prefers the strong, confident and independent Suzuka more and its such a shame to let her get ruin by some Arima guy? Besides, I still don't see any reason why Yamato will accept her again if she one day does confess to Yamato. Sure, he may still love her but....how will a normal man feel if the girl whom they tried so hard and sacrificed so much for suddenly dumps him and after some time, appear in front of him again, acting as if nothing happened and wanted to reconcile again? I find it a little hard to swallow and I'll say the whole story will be really shallow if Yamato and Suzuka just go together again that easily. Forget about the Suzuka x Arima part but I think Arima may be the key to reignite Suzuka's feeling for Yamato or vice versa? And I'm sure I mentioned this a lot of times already....I wanna see Suzuka doing all the stuffs instead of always Yamato trying to win her heart.

Oops....hope I didn't get too emotional over this.

Last edited by DwArD; 2006-11-21 at 09:53.
Closed Thread