AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 21.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-17, 04:31   Link #541
whitecloud

ok...now in the next few episode we will have some question i guess?

will the gundam colony destruction tragedy happen again?

when akira will get out from the room and ride her valvrave?

will shoko die?

will saki turn yandere for haruto? hehe

how many times a month or a week did saki have to satisfy haruto primal urge? hahaha
Old 2013-06-17, 04:42   Link #542
BadtheGuy

1. Satomi would be walked all over in a meeting with any leader. He's more of a secretary than anything. L-Elf is in control anyway so whatever.

2. The use of rape here is kind of interesting. It was certainly a powerful way to convey the curse and make them realize that they did indeed make a deal with the devil. The price of humanity isn't light. In this case, it is the giving up of their very virtue of humanity.

As soldiers and people fighting to stay alive, killing for L-Elf/Haruto/Everyone is basically a terrible necessity. Whereas the rape is completely jarring so I can see why they used it. Him killing a friend would have been shocking as well but not as much as this since it really drives home the giving up your 'humanity'/virtue.
Old 2013-06-17, 05:09   Link #543
mayumi

What Shouko is doing is giving a false sense of security by not letting the student embrace the harshness of the situation. You can call that as cheering up but it will all blow up in their faces and will be looking at some one to blame when shit hits the fan.
Old 2013-06-17, 05:12   Link #544
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
What Shouko is doing is giving a false sense of security by not letting the student embrace the harshness of the situation. You can call that as cheering up but it will all blow up in their faces and will be looking at some one to blame when shit hits the fan.
Surprisingly I don't think this is a big issue. After all, shits already been hitting the fan and blowing up in their faces. In fact, it's pretty well known that L-Elf is the one keeping them alive at this point seeing as he's been orchestrating their defenses and they've seen success as a result of it.

If they have a fair and things go awry because of it, they can place blame on Shoko if they'd like but such a thing would be unrealistic. After all, L-Elf would expect an attack during their merriment. Of course this is barring the comment made that they should have it at the moon BECAUSE they should be safe from attack there.
Old 2013-06-17, 06:54   Link #545
Warm Mist

There is probably some element in the upcoming Dorssian attack that's beyond L-Elf's predictions. If not, I don't see how they will generate tension at a large scale again.

Probably Cain, being a vampire and all, will finally break with the trend of attacks of the week failing every time. No idea what the consequences of that will be, besides ludicrous amounts of student blood (capturing that VVV in the tube? Kidnapping someone?)

Besides all that, I still don't see how L-Elf's plans to liberate Dorssia connect with Module 77's wellbeing. Is he planning to blackmail Haruto? Or, most probably, a remarkable string of ridiculous developments will ensure that the two get linked in some way.

In any case, can't wait for next ep.
Old 2013-06-17, 08:11   Link #546
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I agree with everything your saying, I think that Shoko is an excellent leader when it comes to high school students. Back when I was in high school, she would have definitely been the one elected. However, her spontaneity isn't going to cut it in real world politics and definitely isn't going to cut it in a war against a high level military power like Dorssia.

You need a military expert on one side and a political leader on the other who knows how to plan a little farther along than just "raising morale".
I totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Celebrate all they can want, as long as they have L-Elf as the commander-in-Chief all worries can be put aside.

Edit: Even if Shoko and the other is unprepared, L-Elf will be cautious all the time. He installed many qualified peoples for positions in the module, I'm sure nothing will be happening.
I think that you, and some others here, are likely to be very surprised within the next two or three episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You realize now a political leader in their situation is simply a side role?
No, not really. Shoko enjoys more support than anybody else does, and that includes L-Elf. She's able to influence the students more than anybody else can, and her becoming Prime Minister effectively formalizes that in a way that empowers her further. Unfortunately, she's influencing the students in exactly the wrong direction. She's actually making them want more (more fun, more stuff, "be greedy!") when war calls for sacrifice, if anything.

Look, it would have been fine if she had said "We're going to get through this. One day, we will force Dorssia to back down once and for all! And when that day comes, we will throw a big celebration for it! But for now, we need to firm ourselves and prepare for the worst. By working together we will make it through the storms of war, to a bright, shining new day of peace!"

But instead, she's just indulging people's desires for instant gratification, when that is entirely contrary to how a populace needs to be during a war (particularly one where you're on the defensive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
The managing of the country and military will all come from L-Elf.
I don't see any indication that L-Elf is running the country. He handles military operations when Dorssia attacks, but these kids are basically allowed to do whatever they please outside of such instances. If L-Elf was truly running the country, I think he'd be running a tighter ship than this.

Quote:
That said, the one reason why Shoko is better suited than Satomi is because of PR.
Being good at PR is actually a bad thing if you're influencing people in the wrong direction. And that, I think, is what Shoko did with her big speech. And that speech is going to stick with these students. They're going to be dreaming about this big school festival when they should be thinking of ways to better prepare for the next Dorssia attack, and/or how to improve the long-term stability of their country.
Old 2013-06-17, 08:22   Link #547
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Shoko is definitely going to die. It's the fastest way to make Akira become the last Valvrave pilot and the easiest way to make drama. Episode 10 raised her death flag.
Old 2013-06-17, 08:26   Link #548
NeutralZero

Wouldn't that be a cheap form of drama?
Isn't Satomi dieing enough for that?
Old 2013-06-17, 08:27   Link #549
Cosmic Eagle
『青い空』、きっとキレイなんだろうなぁ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Yeah, pretty much. L-11 doesn't seem to be one who wants to deal with politics or diplomacy. However, everything else, he's pretty much handling it.
That's why in this case, I'm perfectly fine with Shoko using the festival to hype them up.

Because L-Elf doesn't seem the kind to let up on military preparation, festival or not.

The political leader is just a PR person right now.

Quote:
No, not really. Shoko enjoys more support than anybody else does, and that includes L-Elf.
No one can stop him if he gets serious and Haruto, his primary backer (and as a pilot, someone who actually matters in war) still seems to have some trust in him even if that has been somewhat eroded. Also, support or no, they cannot survive without him. Right now, L-Elf has thrown his lot in with Module 77 and his plans are at least tied to their fate

It would be a much bigger problem if they are utterly clueless about what to do in a fight.

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Old 2013-06-17, 08:33   Link #550
mayumi

You know L-Elf might not have much control over the military aspects as posters keep saying if there is a messed up Haruto and a messed up Saki. The Valvrave pilots have to endure a lot of stuff to protect these students. This is indicated by Haruto's 666 mode that increases his hunger and desire for VVV-chan to do horrible stuff to those around Haruto. Some sort of post traumatic stress on the AI and Valvrave 1?
Old 2013-06-17, 08:39   Link #551
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's why in this case, I'm perfectly fine with Shoko using the festival to hype them up.

Because L-Elf doesn't seem the kind to let up on military preparation, festival or not.
People's minds just don't work like that. If everybody is focused on a big festival, then they're going to be less prepared militarily.

Quote:
No one can stop him if he gets serious
Shoko can. In fact, she's already done so twice in this anime. Her "move the module" plan significantly delayed Haruto's alliance with L-Elf. And Shoko just flatout rejected L-Elf's initial plans for how best to run the student-state. And that was the last we ever heard of those plans.

L-Elf is a brilliant military strategist, but he does have a blind spot, a weakness. His weakness is connecting to people at an emotional level. This is why Shoko is such an enigma to him, as she's able to do things that are completely unpredictable to him because of her great ability to emotionally connect to people.

That's also why if Shoko and L-Elf are ever at odds, Shoko will likely gain the support of the crowd, and possibly even the support of Haruto.
Old 2013-06-17, 09:35   Link #552
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And that was the last we ever heard of those plans.
It was? I assumed the management he was doing after he was put in charge was essentially the same thing he was proposing in those papers. Hence, they can't stop him if he so pleases.

Shoko did catch him off guard once, but it had nothing to do with emotionally connecting to people. It was all about the clever ("clever" for a universe like this) idea of using VVV as a hostage to prevent attacks from Dorssia and ARUS (which, coincidentally, failed, allowing L-Elf to step up).

I insist that the prime minister deal doesn't matter. If Shoko being elected was damaging to the country, L-Elf would deal with it, because he'd know it in advance due to his psychic powers. But he did the polar opposite, overseeing the elections himself knowing full well that Shoko was going to win. Everything is according to plan, at least until Cain gets on the stage.

And by PR I meant relationships with other countries and their representatives. Satomi is a wimp, he can't do politics for shit. All his statistics and enforcing seem better suited for an advisor, a ruler of sorts. Shoko is a natural leader, and has enough charisma to realize her whims. She can totally deal with them, as evidenced by the eps with that Moses guy.

All that said, I do think the show was poking fun at the situation, and not subtly. The "reasonable" and thoughtful proposals get ignored in favour of populism and appeal to emotion. Seems straight out of a satire, similar to how they've been treating the social media stuff (70k people clicking "RIP" to Aina, or even the 700 million friends Haruto got come to mind).
Old 2013-06-17, 09:37   Link #553
novalysis

Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2013-06-17, 11:43   Link #554
BadtheGuy

I wouldn't say L-Elf can't connect with others emotionally or that it presents a weakness in his plans. The way he understood Kyuuma and Thunder and manipulated them in to becoming pilots is proof enough.

I think his plan was delayed(Because it did come to fruition later) by Shoko because he simply couldn't assume she would act as she did. He didn't know her at the time. Why does that matter? I think it is important because he probably isn't psychic. I think he just observes and processes information differently while happening to be extremely intelligent.
Old 2013-06-17, 14:39   Link #555
SkoolRumble4Ya

Damn why did Shoko give that speech. She is just asking to be kill.
Old 2013-06-17, 14:45   Link #556
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Essentially she could prove to be a great asset or throw a monkey wrench in his plan. He needs Haruto, more importantly the Valvrave, for his plan. Like you guys were saying earlier Haruto will do anything for Shoko and she has a huge influence on him, so he'll keep her around for now. But, I think as soon as she poses a risk to his plan, he won't hesitate to kill her.
Old 2013-06-17, 15:28   Link #557
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Spoiler for Speculation:
Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2013-06-17, 16:26   Link #558
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I thought that maybe another twist is that the "peek into the future" was just there to confuse us. Maybe Saki APPEARS to be good in that scene, but maybe she is actually the one to go beserk at the end. Or maybe she turned to a Yandere and him chosing Shoko may make him a "monster" in Saki's eyes and hence she follows her "promise". How about that?
Old 2013-06-17, 16:47   Link #559
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Hell that might not even be Saki in the future scene, it may even be Haruto's and Saki's daughter. In 13 years, Saki and Haruto have enough time to give birth to their first child.
Old 2013-06-17, 16:52   Link #560
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Hell that might not even be Saki in the future scene, it may even be Haruto's and Saki's daughter. In 13 years, Saki and Haruto have enough time to give birth to their first child.
true and that first child might already be conceived (i can see sunrise doing that)