Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-04, 22:56   Link #2221
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormouse View Post
I'm sure it would hurt, but he can heal it up anyway, and with practice he'd stop breaking his legs.

Mmmn, and I was thinking about how if he could fly, he could move to a high altitude and drop a massive rock from the sky lol.
I think Rudeus stop trying to learn flying due to the present situation, though not written. We can infer that doing such a dangerous thing will cause Roxy and Slyphy scolding, though I think rather than his wives, Rudeus fears his two sisters' scolding. We already saw an example of this already I believe.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 22:59   Link #2222
hiddensurvivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkD View Post
I was thinking, if you guys aren't sure about a certain translator, just ask them to leave the Japanese in their uploaded documents so that a TLC can easily correct them. Same way that Vanant does his in pastebin

http://pastebin.com/5fw94H7K

Oh yea, Vanant, I totally want you to skip through and do all the Eris short stories. Those are awesome.

Oh and a spoiler question.
Spoiler for Himegami location:
I can now see why Ellis is called Mad Dog lol.

When Ellis meet Rudy again, did she reach king level in all 3 styles?
hiddensurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 23:17   Link #2223
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of a Magic-Generated Steam Engine. Still, a car is not going to be that great in a world with only dirt roads; flying apparatuses are much better.
I think the real thing holding Rudy back is his lack of knowledge.

Unlike Hajime with Arifureta, who more or less uses magic materials, his class and special abilities and magic power to wish things into being, Rudy actually has to know what he is doing.

He did not finish High school and most of his knowledge would come from reading LN/manga or watching anime after that. He likely does not know how a steam engine, an electric motor or a 2 or 4 stroke internal combustion engine would work. Without that, he could not produce a magical version of any of them.

He is too far away from his schooling (35+ years as of when he marries) to really remember much of it. He would not know how to convert his magical power to mechanical energy.

Nanahoshi is a much better person to bring modern ideas in, like she did already quickly. She is fresh from schooling it is just she is too timid and wants to escape fantasy world too much to really use all her ideas.

Her research on magical circles, even outside of summoning should be turned into a whole R&D lab for Rudy, to allow the mass production of adventuring goods. Such as 1 use circles that can be used to create emergency earthen shelter. A charged use circle to create a continual light, ect. That is not something Rudy would think of or really do.

Of course if someone like Aisha were to be handed some rough idea's by Rudy, then goes to Nanhoshi to round it out she would likely get a lot of things going in a months time. Aisha is scarily competent.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 23:17   Link #2224
nineC

Send a message via ICQ to nineC Send a message via AIM to nineC Send a message via Yahoo to nineC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya View Post
I thought that Laplace didn't die and was just sealed so I think it is impossible for him yo be reborn. And I think the one who will be reborn is the trick god, the other half of Laplace.
Trick god and laplace is twin born from. Balaur. Sinc they're similiar, ithink their physique also quite similiar.
In that case, when trick god is reborn his appearance will be similiar to laplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddensurvivor View Post
I can now see why Ellis is called Mad Dog lol.

When Ellis meet Rudy again, did she reach king level in all 3 styles?
Sword God Style--- King Rank, hailed as [Berserker King Sword]
North God Style--- Advance/Saint Rank
nineC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 23:30   Link #2225
Ahou
Worshipper of 3 Goddesses

On a somewhat related note...

Whereabouts was Ruijerd's skill level again?

Did Rudy say he thinks he is closer to sword king or sword emperor?
Old 2014-08-05, 00:01   Link #2226
hiddensurvivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahou View Post
On a somewhat related note...

Whereabouts was Ruijerd's skill level again?

Did Rudy say he thinks he is closer to sword king or sword emperor?
Rudy said Ruijerd is emperor level.
hiddensurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 00:05   Link #2227
Mechatrill

Hmm... I was a bit confused through all the spoilers thus far about Hitogami's original plan and how it lead to Roxy's death by Magic Stone Disease, as well as how exactly Rudy countered it after getting knowledge from his future self. I ended up doing some searching via google and found a Chinese translation of chapter 154, which explained it nicely. I'll go ahead and summarize it here, just in case anyone else was confused like I was:

Spoiler:
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 00:50   Link #2228
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Can someone give me a run down of all the sword skill and magic level names from beginner to highest?

edit: ah! thanks for the fast response kaito

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2014-08-05 at 00:54. Reason: that was fast.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 00:59   Link #2229
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Can someone give me a run down of all the sword skill and magic level names from beginner to highest?

edit: ah! thanks for the fast response kaito
That was Skui, I just re-posted it there.

Also, while I do prefer Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced, I'm willing to compromise on those if other people think Beginner, Middle, and Upper sound better. I'm strongly in favor of Saint, King, and Emperor for the upper ones though.
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 01:18   Link #2230
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
He did not finish High school and most of his knowledge would come from reading LN/manga or watching anime after that. He likely does not know how a steam engine, an electric motor or a 2 or 4 stroke internal combustion engine would work. Without that, he could not produce a magical version of any of them.
Knowledge of how kettle operates is enough to create a simple steam turbine, and anyone that has ever heard of hot air balloon can create one (although with some trial and error). And magic can greatly simplify the whole design, i.e. you can create water inside the heated area.

But he should totally make Nanahoshi summon some science books from our world next.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 01:22   Link #2231
Ahou
Worshipper of 3 Goddesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
That was Skui, I just re-posted it there.

Also, while I do prefer Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced, I'm willing to compromise on those if other people think Beginner, Middle, and Upper sound better. I'm strongly in favor of Saint, King, and Emperor for the upper ones though.
You forgot god for the last one above emperor ;3
Old 2014-08-05, 01:43   Link #2232
Dormouse

Anyone here have any idea what the 『当座の間』 in 'そんな会話をしつつ、三人は『当座の間』へとやってきた。' means?

I know what touza no aida means usually, but that doesn't really make sense to me the way it's used in the Eris SS'. I'm pretty sure it's used as a place, because the other mentions of this term have been used like that, and there's also a 『錬気の間』 which happens to be a training room. I'm wondering if it's just a shittily named room/place in the dojo.
Dormouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 01:46   Link #2233
real123

Where is the technique god now and did the seven great powers ranking change because it seems like it's still held by the same people
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 01:48   Link #2234
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Anyone here have any idea what the 『当座の間』 in 'そんな会話をしつつ、三人は『当座の間』へとやってきた。' means?

I know what touza no aida means usually, but that doesn't really make sense to me the way it's used in the Eris SS'. I'm pretty sure it's used as a place, because the other mentions of this term have been used like that, and there's also a 『錬気の間』 which happens to be a training room. I'm wondering if it's just a shittily named room/place in the dojo.
My guess would be something like "Waiting Room" or "Audience Room". I feel like there's a better word for it though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahou View Post
You forgot god for the last one above emperor ;3
Pax say: there is no God~
Old 2014-08-05, 01:51   Link #2235
Dormouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito yamakage View Post
my guess would be something like "waiting room" or "audience room". I feel like there's a better word for it though...

Pax say: There is no god~
that fucking makes sense

EDIT: Wait, what's this about the technique god and demon god laplace being two parts of the same guy? And apparently that guy is the second generation dragon god? What?

Last edited by Dormouse; 2014-08-05 at 02:11.
Old 2014-08-05, 02:17   Link #2236
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
that fucking makes sense

EDIT: Wait, what's this about the technique god and demon god laplace being two parts of the same guy? And apparently that guy is the second generation dragon god? What?
Lol. Do you really want to know?

Spoiler for Spoilers 16-19 Laplace:

As a side note this series has so many titles/names for the same guys that they are easy to get mixed up... and there's also the fact that half of them are intentionally vague so you can't tell who has really been around for 99999 year since the beginning or if they just "inherited" the name/title.
Old 2014-08-05, 02:26   Link #2237
Dormouse

Quote:
Lol. Do you really want to know?

Spoiler for Spoilers 16-19 Laplace:

As a side note this series has so many titles/names for the same guys that they are easy to get mixed up... and there's also the fact that half of them are intentionally vague so you can't tell who has really been around for 99999 year since the beginning or if they just "inherited" the name/title.
Holy shit, that's crazy. I hope Backscratcher doesn't lose control of the scope of all this. I'd hate to see another Dragon Ball Z lol, where everyone keeps getting more powerful until power levels don't mean anything anymore.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-08-05, 02:34   Link #2238
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Holy shit, that's crazy. I hope Backscratcher doesn't lose control of the scope of all this. I'd hate to see another Dragon Ball Z lol, where everyone keeps getting more powerful until power levels don't mean anything anymore.

Spoiler:
It's gotten insane, but he's done a damn good job of keeping it in perspective.

Yeah, Evil Dragon God is the one who supposedly destroyed "all" the worlds but the human one, (where was void world in all this? no one knows but apparently it's indestructible/no one has ever brought it up in the story despite clues that it still exists/non-exists being void and all).

So, yeah vaguely, some worlds may or may not still be in existence other than Human world, but according to human history that is described in like chapter 3(while reading a vaguely inaccurate human history told by humans), the Evil Dragon God destroyed all worlds but the human one.

We have no idea if he's still alive now, but there are many theories on his mysterious existence blurred in mosaic.
Old 2014-08-05, 02:37   Link #2239
SinsI

Quote:
My guess would be something like "Waiting Room" or "Audience Room". I feel like there's a better word for it though...
Are you sure? Dictionary says it is translated "in the interim", so I think in this case the whole phrase can be translated as something like "While discussing that, the trio moved on to decide on their provisional course of action".
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 02:40   Link #2240
Dormouse

Quote:
It's gotten insane, but he's done a damn good job of keeping it in perspective.

Yeah, Evil Dragon God is the one who supposedly destroyed "all" the worlds but the human one, (where was void world in all this? no one knows but apparently it's indestructible/no one has ever brought it up in the story despite clues that it still exists/non-exists being void and all).

So, yeah vaguely, some worlds may or may not still be in existence other than Human world, but according to human history that is described in like chapter 3(while reading a vaguely inaccurate human history told by humans), the Evil Dragon God destroyed all worlds but the human one.

We have no idea if he's still alive now, but there are many theories on his mysterious existence blurred in mosaic.
Why'd he destroy all the worlds? Could it be that he heard the legend of the Super DT that only appears every thousand years and destroyed all the other worlds in a fit of paranoia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Are you sure? Dictionary says it is translated "in the interim", so I think in this case the whole phrase can be translated as something like "While discussing that, the trio moved on to decide on their provisional course of action".
Quote:
I know what touza no aida means usually, but that doesn't really make sense to me the way it's used in the Eris SS'.
Have you read the raws? The term as a phrase doesn't make much sense in the context. And of course looking it up on the internet is the first course of action for things I get stuck on, but I already did, everywhere, and only came up with more or less the same result (so thanks for the link, but I've seen it).

Excerpt from first Eris SS:

-- 約二年前 --

剣の聖地・当座の間にて。

-- two yrs ago --

The location is Touza no Aida, in the Holy Land of Swords.

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel