AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-07-07, 08:32   Link #81
Velsy

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This youtube video sums up alot of my view. While I dont call myself a Ghostbusters fan, I did enjoy the previous 2 movies. First thing that stuck out to me was the jokes in the trailer were just dumb pranks on each other and trying to hard to be funny. The original they dont prank on each other nor do they intentionally mess around, its more like they get themselves into sticky situations and the comedy flows from that. You can very clearly see between the moves how serious and creepy the ghosts were. They werent used as jokes. Apart from Slimmer of course. He was like the odd one out.

I actually hope it bombs too, just so we dont get anymore stupidly made reboots. I actually watched another video bring to light about the directors insults at ghostbuster fans, but figured its meaningless to share as its probably already known by now.

If they wanted to do it properly, it should of been a sequel, not a remake. Make it known the original crew retired and they took up the idea? Any number of ways to do it :/ Well to do it properly they needed to get rid of that feminist bullshit ideals. or like I suggested before, just do another charlies angels if they want girl power comedy.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-07, 12:13   Link #82
HasuMasu
*Artist

The SJWs would probably hate Charlie's Angels actually. They find it demeaning for females to be represented as attractive in media. Make of it what you will.
Old 2016-07-07, 13:37   Link #83
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Wow, THAT much of a Man-hating movie? Fuck it I'm through with being nice in return either.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2016-07-10 at 05:52.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 18:18   Link #84
Chosen_Hero

A look at the controversial timeline so far:

[Spoiler Alert] for the movies' probable plot which is detailed in this video (at least for those of you that still care enough to not want the movie spoiled).

Old 2016-07-09, 20:54   Link #85
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well we're starting to get a few online reviews for this thing. Here's one opinion:

At least it's not overly surprising how this all turned out in the end.
Old 2016-07-09, 21:57   Link #86
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasuMasu View Post
The SJWs would probably hate Charlie's Angels actually. They find it demeaning for females to be represented as attractive in media. Make of it what you will.
The most recent Charlie's Angels movies were actually pretty good "feminist" movies. They showed strong-willed, capable women in empowering situations. Feminine, but not "girly". Drew Barrymore actually requested a scene in the script in which the Angels had a happy moment around the dinner table, because at the time, bulimia and anorexia were a big social problem, but it was handled tastefully (no hammer needed), and that's about as political as the movies ever got. One or two of the Angels actually had positive relations with the opposite sex. Crazy, right? The movie was truly uplifting and non-confrontational, and that doesn't play well in today's Hollywood. SJWs today would hate those movies, because that kind of message invalidates their very reason for existence: confrontation and virtue signalling.

I don't know how things are played out in the new GB movie. Haven't seen it, and don't really plan to until it shows up on cable or streaming. My guess is, it's just a stupid, borderline comedic movie that in no way lives up to the previous ones. It probably isn't even all that pro-feminist, and more anti-male for reasons of attempted humor. I think I've seen enough of Hemsworth's character just from the trailers to suggest that he's the kind of offensive caricature that would cause a Twitter war and maybe even impact someone's career if said character had lady parts, or even wasn't a white male. It's the people behind the movie, those behind the camera, who have acted like spoiled children. Hateful, angry, confrontational and in-your-face "feminism" like they've shown only serves to divide people, though that's probably the point. If SJWs don't have a patriarchal, bigoted, homophobic, racist, privileged cis-het boogieman to point to, they're more than happy to make one up. It's not like 90% of their "arguments" aren't built on lies and exaggerations anyway.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-07-09 at 22:08.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 22:38   Link #87
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

[Spoiler Alert] for the movies' probable plot which is detailed in this video (at least for those of you that still care enough to not want the movie spoiled).

Spoiler for :
I know it makes me a misogynist and all that stuff, but listening everything from behind the scenes (I've kept up to date with ME's coverage) makes me wish that this movie bombs big time. I have nothing but contempt for Amy Pascal and the Sony exec.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 03:30   Link #88
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

<snip>
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well we're starting to get a few online reviews for this thing. Here's one opinion:

<snip>

At least it's not overly surprising how this all turned out in the end.
Shocked and appalled. That's all I can say. I mean, I've been half following the news every once and a while but when the entire timeline and end result given to me in one go, all I can say is that SONY done gone and fucked up... again. Only this one will be remembered for a long time to come.

Old 2016-07-10, 05:57   Link #89
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Finally got around to watching the vids linked above. Oh, my, is it so much worse than I expected...

Well, maybe Sony will sell the rights to Marvel, who will manage to more successfully reach the heart of the franchise in a trumped up cameo for another property than Sony could have done in 5 movies. That seems to be the pattern.
Old 2016-07-10, 10:48   Link #90
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
It is only during Ghostbusters' loopy, unpredictable, and detail-dense final creditsthe best such sequence I've seen in a film this year
Dat buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 11:14   Link #91
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
So, according to this review, the movie's biggest flaws is that it's too shy to stray too far from the original because it's trying to appeal to the old fans... Yet I don't get any of that from the trailers.

Also, I love how the review reminds us at every step how good the movie's cast and director are supposed to be, yet it dares to call the movie "shy".
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 11:43   Link #92
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
So, according to this review, the movie's biggest flaws is that it's too shy to stray too far from the original because it's trying to appeal to the old fans... Yet I don't get any of that from the trailers.

Also, I love how the review reminds us at every step how good the movie's cast and director are supposed to be, yet it dares to call the movie "shy".
And the review got taken down. HILARITY.
Old 2016-07-10, 12:29   Link #93
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i read some of the reviews of the movie and most of them say the movie feels average, neither bad or good, just very average.
Old 2016-07-10, 13:08   Link #94
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Finally got around to watching the vids linked above. Oh, my, is it so much worse than I expected...

Well, maybe Sony will sell the rights to Marvel, who will manage to more successfully reach the heart of the franchise in a trumped up cameo for another property than Sony could have done in 5 movies. That seems to be the pattern.
The sad thing that this shows how big a challenge Marvel has there. Trying to help Sony not screw up the next Spider-Man movie is the greatest film challenge Marvel has ever had to undertake. Because they seem incapable of doing a good job right now.

This whole film has been a horrible existence. At absolute best an average movie. And for that average movie we've seen so much nonsense and sexist charges thrown around everywhere. Turning this movie into a social debate not an entertainment experience. Attacking criticism in the way they have while apparently making an impressively sexist movie with racial stereotypes.

I know even if this movie bombs they'll just blame it on sexism and never take any responsibility for making a bad movie....but oh well. I'd rather that then see this thing branch out into an abomination of a Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe.
Old 2016-07-10, 13:09   Link #95
Chosen_Hero

So I just read the IGN review and it's as predictable as you think. From what I read the reviewer is too busy praising the cast (because they still think people hate this 'cause women, heck the review itself has a line that says so) to give a proper review. Sure, it's critical of Feigs' directing but it doesn't seem to explain anything outside of how the cast is "awesomely amazing" (in the reviewers opinion), but that Fieg was the wrong director and barely mentions anything from the movie itself which is the part that people want to read.

Ghostbusters Review http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/...ters-review-2?
Old 2016-07-10, 23:31   Link #96
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea almost every single large channel is going to praise or "they were good" the cast because cowards.
Old 2016-07-11, 03:28   Link #97
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I notice many of the movie reviews have different views of the chemistry between the cast. Some say they have great chemistry, others say they have no or lack of chemistry.

But they all agree they love McKinnon.
Old 2016-07-11, 03:42   Link #98
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yea almost every single large channel is going to praise or "they were good" the cast because cowards.
Chances is that #1. They were bought out by Sony. #2. The current climate of outrage and anti-Patriarchy-MRA-NRA-White-Supremacist-Boogeyman self-righteous hysteria amplified by social media and tumblr pretty much force them to walk on eggs when they are criticizing the movie.

IIRC, no movie before that steaming pile of shit have had that "privilege" (privilege meant as sarcasm).
Old 2016-07-11, 04:59   Link #99
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ #1 is unlikely IMO. I don't think Sony (the movie/film division at least) has that much money and luxury for that. Heck, the reason they rebooted Ghostbusters is to make a franchise to milk coz they're losing money even at this very moment.
Old 2016-07-11, 05:13   Link #100
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The sad thing that this shows how big a challenge Marvel has there. Trying to help Sony not screw up the next Spider-Man movie is the greatest film challenge Marvel has ever had to undertake. Because they seem incapable of doing a good job right now.
The man who sewed Deadpool's mouth shut, refused to make the standalone Deadpool film, and greenlight the Fant4stic film, Tom Rothman, was fired from Fox and Sony hired him. And now he is the one who supported this new ghostbusters film.

I have no idea why Sony gave that guy a job.