AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-15, 07:56   Link #1
Westlo
Lets be reality

Kimi ni Todoke (Reaching You) [Anime]

ANN has an article that has some info on the staff for Kimi ni Todoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
The current issue of Bessatsu Margaret magazine also announced that Production I.G will produce the television anime series that will premiere this fall. Hiro Kaburagi (episode director on Le Chevalier D'Eon, Welcome to the NHK, and Fantastic Children) will direct off scripts that are being supervised by Tomoko Konparu (Glass no Kamen, NANA, Nodame Cantabile). Yuka Shibata is designing the characters (Grrl Power). The magazine provided a key visual image (pictured at right) for the anime.
From the New Anime thread courtesy of NeoSam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
According to MoonPhase's anime list, the shoujo manga Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho will be getting animated.

==========

君に届け
Kimi ni Todoke

The manga is serialized in the shoujo manga magazine Bessatsu Margaret.
Currently there are 8 volumes released of this manga.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Mangaka: Shiina Karuho

Genre: Shoujo, Comedy, Romance

==========

Wiki entry for the manga:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimi_ni_Todoke
Manga thread is located here Personally really looking forward to this, only read the first two volumes that are scanned but it's already one of my fav shoujo mangas.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 09:10   Link #2
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I hear many good things about the manga. I guess I should check it out already xD And Production IG working on it? NICE xD
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 09:41   Link #3
*reira*

The manga is lovely, and the picture looks extremely promising. Can't wait to see who gets cast ^^.
*reira* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 09:43   Link #4
harmonious

Very good manga, one of my favorites. Can't wait.
harmonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 10:11   Link #5
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I only ever heard good things about this manga, the sales seems to be pretty good. Production I.G working on it...sounds great to me. I would have thought this would be at noitamina time slot, but Nodame 3 is on.
Old 2009-06-15, 10:44   Link #6
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

This manga is quite good. (/honestly though I've just read a couple of chapters of it). It's nothing original. But at least it's one of the better shoujo manga's out there. (I only read this and Kaichou made-sama~shoujo wise). So I'm looking forward to this. This'll be airing next season?
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 11:46   Link #7
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anything I.G. is involved with, I'll give a chance. I know nothing of the manga - I'll take your word for it that the story is good, the art looks 100% from the shoujo coloring book.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 11:50   Link #8
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I'm Gonna enjoy this one for Sure
it have Great Story ^__^
Old 2009-06-15, 12:17   Link #9
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I only ever heard good things about this manga, the sales seems to be pretty good. Production I.G working on it...sounds great to me. I would have thought this would be at noitamina time slot, but Nodame 3 is on.
Noitamina is a late-night time slot, and this series is most likely going prime-time.

Anyway, I love the manga (Sawako is just love) so I'm really excited this is going to be animated by Production I.G.
Old 2009-06-15, 12:23   Link #10
KimmyChan

OMG there's an anime of this series??!! How cool! The manga is great!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 13:13   Link #11
Katapan
俺様祭り

OMG.

Production I.G.?!?!

Wonderful news. Kimi ni Todoke is a truly refreshing series which never fails to put a smile on my face - at least, the first three volumes that have been published in France have so far - so the anime announcement had me very excited. But I'm always wary when shoujo series are adapted, because they rarely get very profilic studios working on them, and disappointments therefore do happen more often (especially when the art's as appealing as in Kimi ni Todoke, I'd hate to see it ruined)... I would never have dreamed of Production I.G. though, since they barely do shoujo. A huge surprise, and a very good one at that.

I'm also glad the show is still scheduled to air this fall. The first announcement stated a drama adaptation for spring 2009, but it never happened, which was a bit worrisome. I'm now really curious to find out whether the producers also felt like the anime deserved better than a night timeslot.
Old 2009-06-15, 21:27   Link #12
Lyreleaf
Inactive Member

Very cool news. I managed to read a bit of Kimi ni Todoke before it got licensed and it was absolutely hysterical (I'm looking forward to picking up the first manga volume in August). Definitely a shoujo I'll be watching. Can't wait!
Lyreleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 01:53   Link #13
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Awesome news! 8D
Old 2009-06-16, 03:59   Link #14
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Oh my. If there's a shoujo series worth adapting for an anime, it's this one. And Production I.G. no less; the staff credits look quite promising already.

Here's wishing the anime good luck. I'll definitely be watching when it comes out.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 09:19   Link #15
KimmyChan

I read the preview pages of this series in the latest issue of Shojo Beat magazine

I was so hoping it'd end up being turned into an anime & I was right
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 00:03   Link #16
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
I hear many good things about the manga. I guess I should check it out already xD And Production IG working on it? NICE xD
So stupid of me. I forgot that I've already read this. But it was so long ago that I couldn't remember, so I reread it. And oh it was wonderful! I'm very happy that it's getting an anime! And yay Production IG! I have high expectations
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 06:10   Link #17
blewin

I'm doubtful on how it'll end since the manga itself has stopped, not ended, but just stopped. Still, it'll be a good show.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 07:29   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality

The manga resumes in September, they announced the anime at the same time they said that. Anyone able to read or follow the raws? Suitable stopping point?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 15:43   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm just reading and enjoying the manga right now -- got to the end of the scanlation and have just started the raws -- and was thinking that it would make a good anime -- then I saw this thread. Production IG and Konparu Tomoko? Excellent.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 21:28   Link #20
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The manga resumes in September, they announced the anime at the same time they said that. Anyone able to read or follow the raws? Suitable stopping point?
excellent. Chapter 37 is such a cliffhanger!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo