AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-10-23, 00:12   Link #421
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I'm impressed - I was almost getting a Toradora-like vibe watching ep 3. Fanservice and character development, this is showing they're not mutually exclusive.

This episode made me think about how they say people often measure happiness relative to others around them - if Sorata was only in a dorm full of morons, he'd be the hero who helped everyone with their homework and probably feel great about himself by comparison. Instead, he's surrounded by geniuses and understandably feels inadequate, as certainly the least-talented person in the dorm, and probably by a wide margin.

Is it possible to have a average guy be happy with a genius girl, knowing his accomplishments will never add up to a thousandth of hers in the grand scheme of things? I have to think in the end love triumphs over disparity in fame/genius level, and happiness is more important than having your name in the paper anyway, but it'll be very interesting to see where they take this. I can't imagine Sorata suddenly catapulting himself to Mashiro's level of genius, and I think it'd be a cop-out if he did, since he doesn't seem to have a really exceptional talent like that. But the relationships in the series are a lot more complicated than I thought at first, and I'm glad there's the Jin-Misaki subplot in here too, and not just every girl in sight having a crush on the protagonist.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 00:34   Link #422
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
There is I think a lot more to Shiina than meets the eye at first,while she has her wtf moments the speech she gave to Sorata was something,first off because for the first time she seemed a bit upset about Sorata yelling at her,she actually had a harsh tone when she said "I need to do this for my manga,that's why I'm here" we hadn't heard her use that tone before (it also reminds us that yes this girl is serious about her work),she knows what a love hotel is,but since she's got no social awareness she's not embarrassed.

The goofy moment at the end where she covers Sorata touched me,first because it's the first time we see her doing something for him rather than the inverse,it was a sweet sign of affection, and also because I think it might in part have been done as a reaction to how cold she was with him earlier ("sayonara" and all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
I can't imagine Sorata suddenly catapulting himself to Mashiro's level of genius, and I think it'd be a cop-out if he did, since he doesn't seem to have a really exceptional talent like that.
Well it seems he's interested in video game design so I expect him to try that out,I don't think they'll make him world famous but I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to win a local prize for example.
Old 2012-10-23, 00:49   Link #423
Seitsuki
Onee!

Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead

;_;
Old 2012-10-23, 02:00   Link #424
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, that was certainly overwhelming in a number of ways; this episode dealt an emotional knock-out punch for me as well as our 5 teenagers who are all pretty much DRAINED at the end of it.

The wait for the next episode is going to be excruciating @_@
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 02:02   Link #425
Sumeragi
Banned

*Pats Chaos2Frozen*

Oh come on, it could have been worse, you know. You might have been emotionally and physically drained.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 02:05   Link #426
tsunade666

totally enjoying this series and it proves again that this is my favorite for this season.

When I first see this when its been announced I thought I would be getting fan service rom com show and the illustration showed before didn't help and I'm glad I was wrong.

This story has a solid "story"

Episode 03 introduce conflicts between Jin and Misaki and Sorata and Mashiro. Both guys felt they are inferior to the girls. How ironic that the girls need them. At least in Jin's case he is trying hard to become a good script writer for Misaki but Sorata when trying to ask Asaka about game design in the end he gave up which is the difference between Jin and Sorata. Jin tried while Sorata just gave up.

From what Jin said in the preview episode it looks to me that he is not "genius" and Misaki is the real deal genius and he is just doing his best to follow her.

While on Sorata's case it looks like the story will turn into how will he finally start doing his best on something and it looks like Mashiro helps him on making his decision but that decision is still wrong. Giving up on what he is interested in doing and just escaping in Sakurasou. Which begs to know what will happen next episode because I'm sure it will look great or I feel that it will be great.

That scene where Sorata acting gar but ended up getting punched is pretty funny. I wish in the future he will ended doing it right. If by some cruel turn of fate it happen but in much grander scale. Because I can't picture or understand yet Mashiro on what's driving her to draw manga and to go out to japan after making a name worldwide. I can see her parents wanting to return her back and Sorata will intervene. Well that's for future speculation and I wish by that time. Sorata will be man enough to succeed.
Old 2012-10-23, 02:09   Link #427
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*Pats Chaos2Frozen*

Oh come on, it could have been worse, you know.
That's very true Sumeragi, I have survived worse cliffhangers (though this isn't technically a cliffhanger, I know) But because of the mood it ended on (as well as throughout most of the episode), I'm eagerly anticipating the next episode in hopes of bring it back up to it's lighter nature.
Old 2012-10-23, 03:13   Link #428
tsunade666

there is indeed a lingering feeling all throughout the episode and it just intensify when Misaki cried and when Mashiro and Sorata talked in the love hotel.
Old 2012-10-23, 03:42   Link #429
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
I'm impressed - I was almost getting a Toradora-like vibe watching ep 3. Fanservice and character development, this is showing they're not mutually exclusive.
I got major Toradora! vibes too which is amazing because I didn't think that would've been possible without Nagai but Atsuko is doing a damn good job. Loved this episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 03:54   Link #430
garbage

everything's turned deeper this episode and it was great, getting vibes of toradora. while the comedy is still there, they just showed there is more to it than just mindless shtick comedy. hope it gets far better as the show progresses.

on mashiro: guess she's not really an airhead , she just see things differently, on a different level. This is sort of my own thoughts on what genius really is, it's just seeing the world from a different angle, the greater the angle the greater the "genius." She does seem to care for Sorata though, by her actions like that in the end part. wonder if they have met before too.

Hurts to be sorata. surrounded by genius, while unsure of what he really wants or is capable of in life. Add someone like mashiro to the mix,
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 03:56   Link #431
Seitsuki
Onee!

Me too! Hell if I know what to do with my life. But I don't have super geniuses around me to to make epiphanies out of. 2D world, why you so far away ;_;
Old 2012-10-23, 05:02   Link #432
Lukeman1884

So why exactly doesn't Jin want to be with Misaki? That line he said made it seem like he wants to, but something's stopping him.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 05:26   Link #433
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
So why exactly doesn't Jin want to be with Misaki? That line he said made it seem like he wants to, but something's stopping him.
Inferiority complex or something like that
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 05:36   Link #434
smoocheese

Educated guess of what will happen:

All of them will join together to make a game

Shiina= art director
Jin= Script Writer
Misaki= Animation director
Sorata=Producer/leader
Ryunosuke=Programming

this is what i'm expecting to happen when sorata finally gets his act together
smoocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 06:26   Link #435
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoocheese View Post
Educated guess of what will happen:

All of them will join together to make a game

Shiina= art director
Jin= Script Writer
Misaki= Animation director
Sorata=Producer/leader
Ryunosuke=Programming

this is what i'm expecting to happen when sorata finally gets his act together
And Aoyama would be the Seiyuu for their lead female? Well, assuming they're aiming for a VN of sort...

It does seem strangely coincidental...
Old 2012-10-23, 06:36   Link #436
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Slowly I'm already beginning to have mixed feelings about the anime...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 06:56   Link #437
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

wow... this is the first anime to make me emotional after 3 episodes... 10/10.

for me, I already known what I want to do in my life. but recently I got kind of slacked off a bit... this truly make me think that I should do it more seriously.

Last edited by Kimidori; 2012-10-23 at 11:08.
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 07:40   Link #438
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
for me, already known what I want to do in my life. but recently I got kind of slacked off a bit... this truly make me think that I should do it more seriously.
Hmmm... In a way, I think it's because of the 'topic' they're touching on that may be affect people (myself included )
Old 2012-10-23, 07:44   Link #439
tsunade666

The way Sorata acts can be reflected in real people and me included. I gave up on my dream and just finishing college get a job to earn money and just to leave a normal life but that itself isn't real happiness in a sense that you won't fill fulfillment.

Its like a wake up call but let's face it. Its not like everyone can reach their dream thus that's why its called a dream or a goal. Giving up without doing anything or giving up while in your journey. It happens and unless you find your reason for doing your goal then you won't probably succeed.

Right now. Sorata doesn't have that confidence or right motivation yet to do it. He looks like his interested in making a game but he is not confident enough that he can do it. I wish Mashiro will help/show him how its done or rather. I'm eagerly waiting how will it turn out to be.

The role of characters does indeed fit in creating a game. But I think Sorata will be the leader in game production and probably the teacher(who ever she is) will be the producer?
Old 2012-10-23, 07:50   Link #440
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Right now. Sorata doesn't have that confidence or right motivation yet to do it. He looks like his interested in making a game but he is not confident enough that he can do it. I wish Mashiro will help/show him how its done or rather. I'm eagerly waiting how will it turn out to be.

Heh, I remember two weeks ago people were sure that Sorata would be the one changing Shiina, funny how their roles have reversed after this episode

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life