AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-20, 00:19   Link #101
Sol Falling

lol. Man, even the viewer is invited into the Kou fetishism with those focus shots of him eating the food and stuff. Norie's reactions are great, her own sense of the impropriety of it is what makes it hilarious. Cute ep.

That peach pudding looked extraordinarily soft and jellilicious. Man, you just know that the animators are being meta and going out to eat food like this the same way that ol' Maestro talks about photographing it.

Haha, man, I don't think I could've taken it hearing "What makes sweets taste good is the feeling of wanting someone to eat it deliciously" three straight times if I was marathoning this but indeed, it seems like weekly will be the perfect dosage for this kinda thing. I gotta admit, there really is a certain truth there in that "the feeling of wanting to eat it deliciously" is the reason I don't much mind having to regularly cook for myself (:P) nowadays at all. Ya gotta cook with the outlook for someone to enjoy it, tha's for sure.

Kao-tan needs some develop now, maybe. Once we get that I'll be fully on board with all of the characters. I've certainly learned to appreciate Norie-chan thanks to this episode here.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 21:43   Link #102
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I was just thinking last night that it seems they are giving the main characters each an ep of their own atm and introducing a new main character for each:

Ep 1: The sense of sight: one for Fuu-chan (and her childhood friend Chihiro)

Ep 2: The sense of smell: one for "Kao-tan" and her sister (with the teacher Dougou introduced)

Ep 3: The sense of taste: one for Norie (with Kou-tan's classmate Komachi).

My guess is that the next ep will focus on Maon. It is titled something like "the sounds of Shiomachi island" - and Maon is the sense of "hearing" for me. Not only does she enjoy whistling but she also enjoys playing something like a wind instrument pan-pipe type thingee. I wonder if the pattern of new characters will include her story? Going from the OP sequence the three new main characters seem to have already popped up....
Old 2011-10-21, 07:17   Link #103
FireChick

The instrument that Maon plays is an ocarina.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 11:36   Link #104
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
The instrument that Maon plays is an ocarina.
THAT'S the name of the instrument ... couldn't find it in my memory for the life of me.

Thanks!
Old 2011-10-22, 02:31   Link #105
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Food for the Heart.

This isn’t Iron Chef by any means, so don’t expect massive grand cook-offs in a big stadium. It is said however that to truly understand a person and his culture, you must learn three things: the music, the literature, and the food. Food is for many cultures, especially ones such as the Chinese and the Italians, food is not mere table fare but an art form, a way of life, a discipline that one devotes life to studying. Even then they all understand one undeniable fact: The best food comes from the best intentions. Norie put her heart and sould into wanting to really, really make something good for Kou even if it means trying her own version of a recipe she’s only tasted once. This however, combined with some studying on her part, was enough to make a great dessert for him.

Komachi on the other hand was partially fueled by suspicion and jealousy. It was only when she understood Norie’s intentions that she also understood how different she was, and why she was failing at making pancakes. Even the simplest dishes can become masterpieces when heart and effort are put into them. Komachi understood that she was failing because she wasn’t cooking for Kou, but for herself, that is, she was trying to prove she was the better person and the better match. When she understood that, and realized that she honestly felt different, she started making pancakes to die for.

Just like sights and smells, tastes evoke a wind range of emotions and memories we sometimes think we’ve forgotten. There is something we like to call comfort food, or the food we that reminds us of home and of calmer days especially during the times when we feel most troubled or depressed. Each one has items they call comfort food, but all of them evoke similar responses from each individual. It could be a memory of a family gathering, a memory of grandma making you your favorite dish, a memory of you and your family eating out in your favorite restaurant etc. Comfort foods differ per person, but in the end give us that comforting warmness that brings out feelings no other aspect of this world can successfully do. It’s a very abstract and difficult thing to explain; words perhaps cannot suffice like the difficulty I had in explaining the first episode.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 09:48   Link #106
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Tamayura 04 - Tamayura the Musical:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 17:11   Link #107
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

D'awww ... Maon is so adorable ... she has always been the biggest question mark for me character wise in the sense of wanting to know more about her, and ep 4 begins to show this. She turns out in some ways to be the most interesting of the group for me.

Beautiful and touching ep as usual. 8/10 vote from me.
Old 2011-10-25, 19:05   Link #108
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

In two episodes, Norie's obsession with Kou has gone from being funny to being obnoxious, to being so obnoxious that it completely lapped itself, and became funny again.

There sure are a lot of world-renowned artisans within driving distance of our heroes, aren't there?

Maon is very likable. I haven't seen the OAV, so this is really the most I've seen of her so far. Once again, I find myself drawn in by the rich texture of the background art, and the objects in the world.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 20:02   Link #109
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
There sure are a lot of world-renowned artisans within driving distance of our heroes, aren't there?
Not totally unbelievable. Generally you will find more artists want to be around other artists, and that's how you end up with Artist Colonies. Then add a certain amount of rural charm as inspiration. You end up with similar things here in the states such as Oxford Mississippi (Home to William Faulkner and John Grisham as well as several visual artists) or Santa Fe (Georgia O'Keefe and others).

FWIW...
Old 2011-10-25, 20:27   Link #110
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Not totally unbelievable. Generally you will find more artists want to be around other artists, and that's how you end up with Artist Colonies. Then add a certain amount of rural charm as inspiration. You end up with similar things here in the states such as Oxford Mississippi (Home to William Faulkner and John Grisham as well as several visual artists) or Santa Fe (Georgia O'Keefe and others).

FWIW...
And sometimes they do like to gather in towns/cities that are ports too.
Old 2011-10-25, 22:08   Link #111
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Maon was so adorable when handling the guests. Nice to see she has understanding parents. Lol at her changing her dreams a lot. That was a beautiful song that she heard. Lol Potte's grandpa is just like her, he's great. Hope we get to see more of him.
Old 2011-10-26, 06:29   Link #112
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Maon's my favorite girl of the cast, so I really enjoyed this episode. I didn't suspect she had such a dilemma on her hands, although I suppose we can't call it that since her parents are letting her free to pursue any kind of inspirations she may have (and she has a lot, apparently ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
In two episodes, Norie's obsession with Kou has gone from being funny to being obnoxious, to being so obnoxious that it completely lapped itself, and became funny again.
Komachi's addition into the equation is what made it funny again for me. I'm glad she appeared again in this episode. Came in just at the right time too. She acts as a brake for Norie, who could easily go too far someday.
Old 2011-10-26, 11:41   Link #113
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Given that Norie's shotacon tendencies are the only element with even a small amount of edginess to it at the moment, I'm all in favor of it being part of the mix though I agree it's getting a bit creepy.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 12:12   Link #114
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Maon was so adorable when handling the guests. Nice to see she has understanding parents. Lol at her changing her dreams a lot. That was a beautiful song that she heard. Lol Potte's grandpa is just like her, he's great. Hope we get to see more of him.
For the record, that song Maon heard has appeared in anime pieces before. Two I know of off hand were the OP of the Tamayura OVA eps ... and also the ED for the Ghibli movie Kiki's Delivery Service.

I personally thought the performance at the beginning of the Tamayura OVA eps was the nicest of the three I have heard....

Last edited by Flower; 2011-10-26 at 12:24.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 12:20   Link #115
sikvod00

The person performing in Maon's flashback had a lovely singing voice.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 14:35   Link #116
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
and also the ED for the Ghibli movie Kiki's Delivery Service.
Oh wow, i knew it sounded familiar
Old 2011-10-26, 22:16   Link #117
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Maon look so cute with her hair up
Old 2011-10-27, 16:54   Link #118
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
And with Episode 4, Tamayura ~Hitotose~ continues to be one of the most heartwarming shows I've ever seen. It has an effect on me similar to drinking hot chocolate in the middle of a cold winter day.

This particular episode also reminded me of Hanasaku Iroha a fair bit, giving me a new appreciation for that anime. I think that there's some striking similarities between Maon and HSI's Nako.

In any event, Maon's character focus episode really did a lot to flesh out her character, and give her some depth. Up until now, I have to admit that I saw her pretty much as just the shy, quiet girl who likes communicating through whistling. After this episode, she feels a bit more realistic to me.

All of the above being said, I think that Guardian Enzo has a point when it comes to Norie's shotacon tendencies. The Norie/Kou/Komachi love triangle probably does give this anime a needed edge, particularly in the comedy department.

I literally laughed out loud over the brief Titanic reference, and I also literally laughed out loud a couple times from watching Komachi continually outmaneuver Norie.

I actually hope this love triangle continues to be used as a running gag, because it works very well on that level. I also have to admit that I find Kou/Komachi really cute together, even though they are just elementary kids. I myself had crushes on girls when I was in Elementary, and it's mostly just puppy dog love stuff, and keeping that in mind, it's pretty adorable really.

9/10 for Episode 4.
Old 2011-10-28, 18:44   Link #119
Midonin
Last Engage

A listing for a vocal album for the series went up. Nothing's confirmed yet, but it looks like it'll feature character songs for the main players, and insert songs too. (Like marble's cover of the OVA OP from ep. 4)
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 03:11   Link #120
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Well, I'm dropping this one. It's something between Yuruyuri & Kimi to boku, but more emotional. It's nice, but... not enough to continue watching.
It is nothing like Yuri Yuru but I know what you mean. Tamayura Hitotose is kind of like Ichigo Mashimaro without the humor. It is very moe and relaxing. Unfortunately, I am dropping this series too. I can't seem to get into it.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iyashikei, slice of life