AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 11 25.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 41.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 25.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-20, 22:45   Link #1
4Tran

Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Note that because Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Season is licensed, the following apply as well:
  • Asking where you can find Maria-sama ga Miteru downloads.
  • Providing links to Maria-sama ga Miteru downloads.
  • Discussing Maria-sama ga Miteru fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Maria-sama ga Miteru.
  • Asking for playback help for Maria-sama ga Miteru episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-02-21, 16:09   Link #2
Fuze

After last week's emotional blow, this episode gave Yumi time to re-analyze herself and Touko's feelings. I got so caught up in last week's climax that I was expecting a fast conclusion in this episode. I guess that was a wrong thing for me to do.

At least they had a blast at Sachiko's house and gave Yumi a chance to ease her mind. Some say if you act like you are having a good time, you actually start to have a good time.

Anyway, four more episodes to go? I feel like they have a lot more they need to cover than what is left.
Old 2009-02-21, 17:32   Link #3
mintyfresh
Altoid

Spoiler for A dramatic turn of events...!?:

....heh, that surprised me quite a bit..
I really think this episode caused me to blush numerous times, to be honest. Sachiko is indeed a frightening person. And, considering the places where my face warmed up a bit, perhaps so am I... orz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
Anyway, four more episodes to go? I feel like they have a lot more they need to cover than what is left.
5, if this season is taking the usual path of 13 episodes.
However speaking of that, I was somewhat thinking the same thing.

This is the second time the season has gone through a book in one episode. Now I've never read Kumori Glass no Mukougawa, so I of course can't say if we've skipped something important or whether covering this novel so briefly is justified, but it still irks me just a tinge. I think I've already mentioned before that the fourth season seems to be moving at the speed of light -- this episode marks the end of the fifth book the season's covered since it started. Even the OVA only managed to cover 5 books in roughly 10 episodes; the first two seasons in their 13 ep runs covered 5 and a half books a piece.

I'm still confident I will enjoy the rest of the ride (and I've resigned to believe that this season also plans to end at 13 episodes), but given what needs to be covered and the pattern so far, it also makes me a little uneasy...

Last edited by mintyfresh; 2009-02-21 at 17:46.
Old 2009-02-21, 20:46   Link #4
Lesca

I'd imagine its 13 episodes, since the first and second season both were. I hope so anyway.

Spoiler for Ep 8:
Old 2009-02-21, 21:10   Link #5
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

She explained to Yumi, suing an allegory, that she could think of her hearth as being a house. Yumi said that although she was happy she felt a cold breeze in her hearth. Yoshino replied that although she had her older sister and friend's room full and stacked, she had her younger sister's room empty and closed.
Old 2009-02-21, 21:28   Link #6
sa547
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-21, 21:57   Link #7
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Spoiler for I can't believe we're already on Episode 8!:

Last edited by cynicalicious; 2009-02-21 at 23:03.
Old 2009-02-22, 01:31   Link #8
shomai
Doujinshi arteeeest :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Spoiler:
WHAT?! Grand finale?! T.T Geez I hope not.

Oh, and is it just me or is Sachiko getting more and more in the "putting on the moves" zone on Yumi, or not? XD
Old 2009-02-22, 07:47   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 08:
Old 2009-02-22, 17:02   Link #10
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomai View Post
Oh, and is it just me or is Sachiko getting more and more in the "putting on the moves" zone on Yumi, or not? XD
It's just you. Sachiko HATES to lose, and Yumi was being slower than she needed to be. Sachiko was just impatient. (If you're talking about that one particular scene.)

If you're talking in terms of generalities, Sachiko is very fond of Yumi, and sees her as part of her family. In Sachiko's eyes she really IS her little sister. She's said so a few times already. (It was even said again this episode.) It's the whole reason the evil snobby rich girls tried to take Yumi down in Vacation of the Lambs.
Old 2009-02-22, 17:04   Link #11
RobotPony

Spoiler for :

Sachiko and her mother's updos looked fab. Anyone know how to put hair up like that?
Old 2009-02-22, 19:16   Link #12
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Is it wrong of me that I barely managed to resist the temptation to give this episode a 10 mostly for having Shimako in kimono? Good to see Yumi not angsting too much in this episode, thanks largely to the support of her friends.
Yoshino seems to be really maturing in the fourth season, next episode will apparently be centred around her. Life is good!

Old 2009-02-22, 20:03   Link #13
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Yet another fine episode. Hehe, it was quite funny how Sachiko tried to take Yumi's clothes off. (rofl) But somehow, I thought that the episode went by really fast, meaning there were too much stuff in just one episode. As mintyfresh pointed out, I can really tell that they rushed through alot of material. Kinda wish they planned for 24-26 season instead, (already nearing 13th episode T.T)
I thought that Yoshino's description of the empty room for Touko's spot in Yumi's heart was really fitting. Touko, you mustn't be afraid to step into that room! Go in there and put off some heat! Ugh, I think Touko just ignoring the situation is just... tasteless.

Last edited by Nochgo; 2009-02-26 at 06:41.
Old 2009-02-22, 21:23   Link #14
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
As mintyfresh pointed out, I can really tell that they rushed through alot of material. Kinda wish they planned for 24-26 season instead, (already nearing 13th episode T.T)
We'd have to recruit Mc'Donalds help as well, not to mention we would have people complaining about the girls eating the Happy Meal.

Last edited by Proto; 2009-02-22 at 22:29.
Old 2009-02-22, 21:54   Link #15
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

lol, but would that compare to having more Marimite? =p
But yea, pizzahut alone is an eyesore enough
Old 2009-02-22, 23:39   Link #16
4Tran

Broken record time: it's another good Marimite episode. I don't have a lot to say, but I like the fact that they took advantage of Sachiko having a huge house so that they could play their little game. Usually a family having a mansion like that is just a meaningless background detail, but it's put to good effect here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Is it wrong of me that I barely managed to resist the temptation to give this episode a 10 mostly for having Shimako in kimono?
Yes. You should learn to give into your inner temptations. I really liked the way Shimako had an outer lining over her kimono - it's not the kind of detail that's seen in very many anime. It's still not enough to get me to vote in the thread though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Yoshino seems to be really maturing in the fourth season, next episode will apparently be centred around her. Life is good!
Or it could just be a fake-out and the episode is mostly about Yumi again.
Old 2009-02-22, 23:46   Link #17
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

A well structured episode... I can find nothing wrong with this one. But, what a build up to an emotional dream!

10/10

edit: at this rate, i think the fourth will be my favorite season of marimite.
Old 2009-02-23, 00:14   Link #18
dream-seeker
soar high

Send a message via Yahoo to dream-seeker
It's all in there. The drama, the fun and the story. But why wasn't there any previous roses invited? Youko, Sei and Eriko are gone in their life now? Sachiko should send one invitation to Kashiwagi too. LOL
Old 2009-02-23, 01:14   Link #19
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream-seeker View Post
It's all in there. The drama, the fun and the story. But why wasn't there any previous roses invited? Youko, Sei and Eriko are gone in their life now?
Out of universe reason: the episode wouldn't have worked as well if they had been present. In universe reason: they couldn't make it - they did point out that the attendees had to make extra plans to show up. Alternatively, Sachiko could have thought that it would have created a different kind of atmosphere than the one she wanted to convey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream-seeker View Post
Sachiko should send one invitation to Kashiwagi too. LOL
Girls only. I don't think that anyone wanted to see him in drag .

Now that you bring him up, what happened to the preview for this episode that said that Sachiko had broken up her engagement with Suguru? Was that the entire plot point? (Just to be clear, this is just a rhetorical question, and I'm not really looking for an answer)
Old 2009-02-23, 02:42   Link #20
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Now that you bring him up, what happened to the preview for this episode that said that Sachiko had broken up her engagement with Suguru? Was that the entire plot point? (Just to be clear, this is just a rhetorical question, and I'm not really looking for an answer)
I hope you'll forgive me for addressing it anyway. It's been something on my mind as well.

Although I was thinking that we may get to see a bit of what Yoshino discussed in the preview for this episode in the next one, the odds are likely more in the favor of what you said; that was all just a teaser and the episode will be more about Yumi and Touko.
So far, Imouto Audition has been the only instance where we see what's discussed in the ep preview revisited in the episode itself. But for other previews like Yoshino meeting up with Nana to stalk Rei on her date, Yumi discussing the way her mother makes curry, Sachiko's plan to dissolve her engagement, etc -- all of these are events from the story that are relegated to the ep preview alone.

It's probably an unavoidable strategy to fit everything in this season. But what I would like to know is (and I suppose it's now my turn to ask a rhetorical question) why would they tell us about it in the first place..? ( ´_ゝ`)
Closed Thread