Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 05:08   Link #3861
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
There goes my insane vision of San Francisco gaining the first seed…
Yeah that would have been cool, but the Bears weren't taking down Green Bay without Cutler and Forte and the downward spiral they've had. The second seed should be the 49ers. I'll be rooting for the Falcons tonight, and if that fails they should be able to beat the Rams Sunday. And there is even extra insurance with the Panthers potentially beating the Saints in the last game of the season. New Orleans I feel is due for a loss, and I think it's coming in these next two games. So we'll see.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 23:54   Link #3862
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

My first ever saints gaMe and i got to witness history that was pretty amazing.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 00:12   Link #3863
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

"♫♪Oh when the Breesus, go marching in...
Oh when the Breesus, mar-mar-mar-ching iiiiin...
Heeeeeee-I wanna be, wanna be in dat nu-huh-umber...
When the Breesus, feel the light and come on it....Wooooh!"♫♪

Spoiler for Dat Light:
Old 2011-12-27, 02:27   Link #3864
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Lol Wingy!

Well, congratulations to Brees and to all of his faithful follower. His feat read even more spectacular when it said he broke Marino's record at his last throw. And unlike Marino, he has actually won a superbowl. This guy deserves it!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 03:02   Link #3865
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Thoughts on the week and my predictions.

Quote:
Denver at Buffalo, Winner: Denver. Because Denver defense. Stuff Tebow.
Indeed stuff Tebow. He seemed very determined to lose!

Quote:
Arizona at Cincinnati, Winner: Cincinatti. Defense > Skelton and Fitzgerald.
Pretty much how it went down.

Quote:
Jacksonville at Tennessee, Winner: Tennessee. They play Locker from the start and don't blow this one.
No Locker but they didn't blow it.

Quote:
Oakland at Kansas City, Winner: Kansas City. The defensive scrap continues and Palmer gets picked big time.
It was a scrap. Palmer did get picked. But when a linesman blocks 2 field goals in the one game...yikes. Oakland may save us from Tebowmania - Playoffs Remix yet!

Quote:
Miami at New England, Winner: New England. Brady sets the ground for the pursuit of Marino's record.
Closer than I thought it would be. Miami are definitely selling themselves for their new coach.

Quote:
New York (Giants) at New York (Jets), Winner: New York (Jets). Giants receivers are butterfingers and whingers. Eli will keep them in it but they will lose it.
Ugly game where the Giants were like The Goon Show and the Jets were like the Keystone Cops. Giants made less mistakes. Well, I figured they would make the playoffs a month ago. Coughlan avoiding a Payton was amusing.

Quote:
St. Louis at Pittsburgh, Winner: Pittsburgh. Big Ben tolls once more.
Pretty routine demolition.

Quote:
Minnesota at Washington, Winner: Minnesota. Peterson gets some speed back, Ponder throws accurately, Grossman blows it.
Peterson has his ACL mashed and will miss 9 months. -_- >< Ponder gets taken out. But the Vikings still pull off the upset! Washington are a rabble.

Quote:
Tampa Bay at Carolina, Winner: Carolina. Tampa Bay are hopeless on offense right now. Carolina take Cam Newton on the way to break Peyton Manning's rookie year passing yards record.
Grats Cam. If only Carolina's running game had eben there from Week 1. They could have been playoff bound. Beware Carolina in 2012. Tampa be in a quagmire.

Quote:
Cleveland at Baltimore, Winner: Baltimore. Ray Rice goes berserk and Flacco sits back.
Bit close but Rice had a good game.

Quote:
San Diego at Detroit, Winner: Detroit. Megatron goes on a massacre and Suh taunts Rivers.
INDEED. Grats Detroit on first playoffs since 1999.

Quote:
Philadelphia at Dallas, Winner: Dallas. They're playing much better than they were in early rounds. Plus even I can't justify the Giants getting to the playoffs anymore.
Injuries be smashing them Cowboys now. If they'd won some of those cliffhangers they'd kept losing, they wouldn't be in this mess. And if Philly hadn't been so chaotic early season, they could have been cruising into January. Bygones.

Quote:
San Francisco at Seattle, Winner: San Francisco. Seattle will stay in touch but Harbaugh will grind Carroll's optimism into the ground.
Lynch was in good form. 49ers were pushed big time here. Seattle be a threat in 2012.

Quote:
Chicago at Green Bay, Winner: Green Bay. Chicago have no offense left. Believe it.
Sad but true. Watching Green Bay is fun but seeing Chicago have their offensive heart ripped out isn't.

Quote:
Atlanta at New Orleans, Winner: New Orleans. Brees takes his last step to breaking Dan Marino's record and schools the pretenders and wannabe Matt Ryan in how to play, plus Dunta Robinson acts like a thug again and increases Falcon hatred.
Who dat Brees who just broke dat passing record! Saints be contenders. Falcons be pretenders.
Old 2011-12-27, 03:06   Link #3866
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drob_QB7 View Post
My first ever saints gaMe and i got to witness history that was pretty amazing.
You picked a good day to go - you lucky bastard.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 07:24   Link #3867
GDB

Well, I won one of my fantasy leagues by about 20 points, and lost another by 13 points. I'd like to blame LeSean McCoy, but without him I woudn't have even been in the finals to begin with, so... I'll blame the Houston DST instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Bit close but Rice had a good game.
It wasn't as close as the score would lead you to believe. The Ravens just went conservative/prevent defense after they went up like 17-0 at the half or something. Really, they need to learn 17 points is not enough of a padding.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 09:23   Link #3868
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Given at how shitty the defensive line is for some of the top teams (looking at you GB, NE and NO), I'm disappointed that Atlanta didn't put up much of a fight after their first two scoring drives.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 09:59   Link #3869
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Given at how shitty the defensive line is for some of the top teams (looking at you GB, NE and NO), I'm disappointed that Atlanta didn't put up much of a fight after their first two scoring drives.
It wasn't like Matt Ryan didn't try. Mike Turner was the issue. One of the better RBs of the league only clocking 39 yards? Atlanta like to run a 2/1 ratio of run/pass. But lately Turner has been clocking low numbers, so Ryan has been forced to throw more. White, Jones and Gonalez are good options to throw to. But not all night long - Atlanta can't beat good teams without a running game. Plus their defense was terrible. If they hadn't picked off Brees twice, New Orleans could have scored 60+ points like they did vs Indy.

And again I say what I said all along - Atlanta are pretenders. Whenever the big test comes for them, they crumble. At this rate, they're destined to go one out and out vs New Orleans or San Francisco. Familiar territory for them.
Old 2011-12-27, 10:11   Link #3870
GDB

Turner's had a groin injury for the last month or so, hence his low numbers.
Old 2011-12-27, 12:11   Link #3871
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Turner's had a groin injury for the last month or so, hence his low numbers.
That would explain it then. Most of the commentary I'd heard was placing it squarely on his shoulders and that he needed to lift his game. When did his injury become public knowledge?
Old 2011-12-27, 12:19   Link #3872
GDB

Don't recall exactly, but I've been seeing it on the CBS player report for at least the last three weeks (I checked him since I have him in one of my leagues). I know it was known at least since the lead-up to the Carolina game (3 weeks ago), but I don't recall if it was known prior to the Houston game (4 weeks ago). I know it wasn't known before the Minnesota game (5 weeks ago), though.
Old 2011-12-27, 12:38   Link #3873
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Turner has been playing banged up for a while now. The Falcons is running the guy to the ground and they should involve Rogers a bit more as a 2nd back to help prolong Turner's career.

If the Falcons keep doing what they are doing, Turner will probably be done as an effective runner in 1-2 years.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 15:14   Link #3874
Samari
World's Greatest

Congratulations to Drew Brees. He's always been one of my favorite players going back to his days in San Diego when he revitalized his career. Based on what we've all seen and heard, he deserves all the praise. It will be interesting to see how the Saints fare against the 49ers, assuming they win their first game in the wild card.

I still might give the edge to Marino for having the better season. He did that in 1984, where offenses clearly didn't have as much leverage as they do today. Marino also didn't play in a dome during the majority of his games that season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2011-12-27 at 15:25.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 17:17   Link #3875
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Yeah like we need to see how we fare against NFL-record David Akers most FG’s in a season-Offense...They need to see how they fare against the Top-5 Offense in the NFL the last 6 years...That’s what they better do..Keep hiding behind that seeding...We won’t be limping into the playoffs with 5 crucial injuries like last season...

I honestly don’t wanna play the Falcons again though...I actually do believe in the “Hard-to-Beat-a-good-team-3-times” - $hit...So praying against prayer that the sad a$$ Rams can muster up whatever they used to beat us and atleast make Smith have to win it in a 2minute drive or something (What Tavaris Hackson could have done with one completion last week)...Tony Larusso give them another pep-talk with the WS Trophy like you did when we played them dammit!
Old 2011-12-27, 19:03   Link #3876
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

^it can be done, as bad as the Eagles beat us sometimes...Dallas shut them down during both regular season games and then in the wildcard playoff game a couple years ago.
Old 2011-12-28, 00:04   Link #3877
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Houston at Indianapolis, Winner: Houston. Justification: Well, none. The Texans have a team that they can't possibly fuck up against.
Classic Texans style here.

Quote:
Denver at Buffalo, Winner: Denver. Justification: This week, Tebow Time will be the whole fucking game.
Damn, The Bills give us a taste of what they'll be like when they move to Toronto.

Quote:
Arizona at Cincinnati, Winner: Arizona. Justification: One of my Contrarian picks of the week.
Bungles lookin' like they still want to go the distance.

Quote:
Jacksonville at Tennessee, Winner: Jacksonville. Justification: My second contrarian pick of the week.
Why are The Titans so fucking boring?

Quote:
Oakland at Kansas City, Winner: Oakland. Justification: Palmer gets mad, Jackson gets desperate, and Janikowski kicks a record setting field goal in the victory for The Raiders.
No record, but The Raiders really looked clutch there right at the end.

Quote:
Miami at New England, Winner: Miami. Justification: One hell of an upset for The Patriots.
I swear, The Dolphins are the NFL's biggest troll team these days.

Quote:
New York (Giants) at New York (Jets), Winner: New York (Giants). Justification: Eli shows that there's still some "Elite" left in him.
Now Eli, defy me and my predictions and get into the playoffs.

Quote:
St. Louis at Pittsburgh, Winner: Pittsburgh. Justification: A pyrrhic victory for The Steelers.
No pyrrhic, just a fucking blowout.

Quote:
Los Angeles at Washington, Winner: Washington. Justification: Just another step in The Dons path to playing in The City of Angels.
The Dons proved to be unusually stellar in this victory.

Quote:
Tampa Bay at Carolina, Winner: Carolina. Justification: Tampa Bay can't do anything right, The Panthers are going to be dangerous next year.
Cam Newton is the best quarterback of next season.

Quote:
Cleveland at Baltimore, Winner: Baltimore. Justification: The Ravens, in usual form, will nearly grasp defeat from the jaw of victory.
Nothing to say about this.

Quote:
San Diego at Detroit, Winner: Detroit. Justification: The Baltimore game aside, there's just no hope of The Chargers winning this one.
This was the best day for a Lions fan in more than a decade.

Quote:
Philadelphia at Dallas, Winner: Philadelphia. Justification: Hope spot for The Eagles.
Hope spot denied, all that's left now is a boulevard of broken dreams.

Quote:
San Francisco at Seattle, Winner: San Francisco. Justification: The Niners suffocating defense shuts down The Seahawks.
About as expected here.

Quote:
Chicago at Green Bay, Winner: Chicago. Justification: Another one of my contrarian picks for this week.
Utter fail on my part, I forgot that The Packers actually have a shot to win a Superbowl now that they don't have an undefeated record.

Quote:
Atlanta at New Orleans, Winner: Atlanta. Justification: Because.
This one had to hurt for Falcons fans.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 08:08   Link #3878
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Phillip Rivers...Pro Bowl

All of my WHY!?
Old 2011-12-28, 08:32   Link #3879
GDB

Because the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. Despite his abhorent play this year, he's a popular quarterback.
Old 2011-12-28, 09:02   Link #3880
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

somewhere in the back of my mind, if Tebow wouldn't have self destructed these last two games, he probably would have gone instead of Rivers...

Tags
american football, sports