AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 30 16.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 25.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 23.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 17.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 8.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 4.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 2.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.56%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-26, 22:13   Link #261
unconfirmed

Oh jeez, I'm such a ninja XD
Old 2009-07-26, 22:15   Link #262
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
Could someone enlighten me on that mackerel joke? What can be so funny that it gets that much attention? Or is it something story relevant? Do they all have hallucinations frm food poisoning? Please only answer this if it isnt a spoiler or anything relevant xD

e:/ mackerel not makelele, thats a soccer player xD
Kumasawa has a mackerel joke infatuation that really doesn't get mentioed in the anime and really isn't that important anyway.
Old 2009-07-26, 22:32   Link #263
Marion
The Great Dine

As everyone said, mackerel is considered Kumasawa's 'Trademark Food'. It's more of a gag for the VN players watching the anime I think ;3
Old 2009-07-27, 03:50   Link #264
snarf2691

when kanon grabbed rena's hatchet i thought "wtf do you think you're doing satoshi?" because i cant stop matching his voice to satoshi. then i realized why he wears that hat as soon as he stood there with the hatchet...
Old 2009-07-27, 06:35   Link #265
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Obviously because mackerels are the culprits as I theorized a few times.
Regarding the mystic letter: I reckon the mackerels opened the can from the inside, took the letter out from the can, placed it on the middle of the table, then sealed the can back so no one is going to blame the fishes, and the characters are going to blame each other instead.
I bet no one thought of that!
Old 2009-07-27, 06:43   Link #266
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Obviously because mackerels are the culprits as I theorized a few times.
Regarding the mystic letter: I reckon the mackerels opened the can from the inside, took the letter out from the can, placed it on the middle of the table, then sealed the can back so no one is going to blame the fishes, and the characters are going to blame each other instead.
I bet no one thought of that!
I... I... I see it now! How could I have been so foolish!!
Old 2009-07-27, 09:13   Link #267
Battler-kun

Hm, the animation is still top.

But it is really rushed. It is so sad with all the material out there to make a top notch anime out of it.

The only realistic reason i can see is that it is money issues that hinders more episodes.

:/
Old 2009-07-27, 10:21   Link #268
Scython

You know...the ending of this episode with Maria facing the wall reminded me of the ending of 'The Blair Witch Project'.

Pun intended?

Last edited by Scython; 2009-07-27 at 10:45.
Old 2009-07-27, 10:50   Link #269
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It's not strange at all. Ryukishi himself said that he was inspired by "The Blair Witch Project" when he created Higurashi. He was probably still being influenced when he made that scene.

Old 2009-07-27, 11:02   Link #270
maximilianjenus
[E]

considering the amount of chapters that are left, 21 chapters for the remaining 3 Episodes, the last one being horrible plagued with fillers I have hopes that the pacing will get fixed. I guess they just wanted to be done with the first Episode asap to grab as more viewers as possible, then start with the real anime on Episode 2. I got my theory reinforced by the Episode 5 previews, as it focus again on the character that got shafted in this Episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Kumasawa has a mackerel joke infatuation that really doesn't get mentioed in the anime and really isn't that important anyway.
It can actually be used much later to figure out something that was already very obvious.
Old 2009-07-27, 15:56   Link #271
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarf2691 View Post
when kanon grabbed rena's hatchet i thought "wtf do you think you're doing satoshi?" because i cant stop matching his voice to satoshi. then i realized why he wears that hat as soon as he stood there with the hatchet...
I was actually hoping he would trip and fall with it

I must have missed how many episode is Umineko slated to run?

Oh and i must say one more time that the OP is just terrific i think its the perfect fit for the theme of the Umineko and the lyrics are pretty creepy just like majority of Higurashi's themes.
Old 2009-07-27, 16:18   Link #272
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I must have missed how many episode is Umineko slated to run?
There isn't any official info but by logic there should be 24-26 episodes covering the 4 question arcs of the VN.

Old 2009-07-27, 17:17   Link #273
maximilianjenus
[E]

There are some BD listings selling 13 discs, so unless they are that expensive as to put just one chapter in each disc, we should get 26 chapters, yep.
Old 2009-07-27, 17:21   Link #274
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Late to the party but posting anyways...

I liked the System0 remix better than the sample of the original posted. BGM is suppose to enhance the seiyuu's performance and contribute to the atmosphere imo. The original version was too overpowering imo.

I like how time is taken to animate Maria's facial expressions.

Not too bothered about the sexual fanservice either. Bakemonogatari has desensitized me.

Even though it is negative at times, the input from the players is appreciated. It's nice to see how it deviates from the game.
Old 2009-07-27, 20:21   Link #275
MarthX

They could have turned up the system0 remix a bit more without stealing attention away from the voice overs.
Old 2009-07-27, 20:51   Link #276
chronotrig

The thought that background music should always have low intensity is a bit exaggerated, I think. There are plenty of great movies that have very characteristic and clear background music but still keep the dialog audible. Whether movies like Lord of the Rings or Pirates are your thing or not, you have to admit that the music fits the scenes well, despite having the most in-your-face tracks around.

As long as the intensity of the dialog can keep up with the music and is timed to clash with it as little as possible, it should be possible to keep the same feel on at least some of the better Umineko VN tracks.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-07-27, 21:03   Link #277
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Not too bothered about the sexual fanservice either. Bakemonogatari has desensitized me.
Haha, this made me stop watching Bakemonogatari, although I don't know what I was expecting from it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
The thought that background music should always have low intensity is a bit exaggerated, I think. There are plenty of great movies that have very characteristic and clear background music but still keep the dialog audible.
Actually, for most movies I end up having to use subtitles because the music is WAY louder than the dialogue. I think the anime does the BGM fine, really, and I'll continue to be happy with it unless they wreck miragecoordinator (which is my favorite track in the game).
Old 2009-07-27, 21:04   Link #278
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The music can be like that, but the VN tracks where written for the VN and not to fit in with the characters spoken dialog, so their much be a compromise in the anime. Movie soundtracks are written for their scenes and in some cases the dialog itself. They are also blended in the editting. So if you are to take an existing piece of music to fit this anime, one must edit the music and vary the volume so that it doesn't overpower the intent of the scene.
Old 2009-07-27, 21:24   Link #279
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I reaaaly hope they get the original feel of worldend dominator. Also I'm hoping they play rougoku strip in the next episode.
Old 2009-07-27, 21:39   Link #280
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I reaaaly hope they get the original feel of worldend dominator. Also I'm hoping they play rougoku strip in the next episode.
OMG rougoku rougoku rougoku my favourite bgm I REALLY WANT TO HEAR IT IN NEXT EPISODE =)
Closed Thread