AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-24, 20:41   Link #21
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I wouldn't exactly call him an ultimate shota. He's useful and moe. I prefer him on the team over Yin though.
Old 2009-11-25, 02:42   Link #22
feRfe

which jun girl from what show? ><
Old 2009-11-25, 05:51   Link #23
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by feRfe View Post
which jun girl from what show? ><
Natsu no Arashi is the show. Jun is the very cute tom-boyish girl in it who is disguised as a boy. Hajime is the only one who is fooled by her disguise and tried in various occasion to take her to male bath. Hajime is trying to teach her how to be manly. Hajime also admits his testicle hasn't fully dropped yet, as in, he has yet to reach puberty.

To be on topic, I suppose July shares the same predicament with Hajime as far as puberty is concerned.
Old 2009-11-25, 12:55   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think July's a bit younger than Hajime, though. And I got the sense Hajime's lamentation was referring more to a "baldness" issue, heh. Think of Jun-kun as a kind of mirror of Mako-chan (Minami-ke). Some of the cast knows, some doesn't - and this leads our poor hero(ine) into loads of uncomfortable situations, including the obligatory onsen awkwardness. I guess that makes Hajime Chiaki...

Is Pellissier around? I think a "Summer moe" sig - Mei, Jun, July - would be a smash hit!
Old 2009-11-25, 16:37   Link #25
fairygirl

I wonder if dolls age at all. Maybe that's why they are called dolls. July didn't seem any bigger or older than he was 2 years ago. I wonder if he had a real human counter part that he was modeled after. Yin had the memories of the pianist so maybe somewhere he has the memories of a little boy.
Old 2009-11-25, 16:51   Link #26
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairygirl View Post
I wonder if dolls age at all. Maybe that's why they are called dolls. July didn't seem any bigger or older than he was 2 years ago. I wonder if he had a real human counter part that he was modeled after. Yin had the memories of the pianist so maybe somewhere he has the memories of a little boy.
July is the best measure we have as to whether or not Dolls age, and at times this season he's looked the exact same as the 1st season and at other times he's looked a bit older...so it's stillhard to say.
Old 2009-11-25, 19:06   Link #27
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Can't see why dolls can't age, physically we haven't found a way to stop human aging and I would imagine it would take a lot of resources, resources that were more easily spent on programming a new doll. Mentally they don't seem to age either, unless Yin and July really are developing personalities and the rest of the dolls may follow suit.
Old 2009-11-26, 18:59   Link #28
blewin

Never thought July would get his own page! well, him showing emotions has as much impact as a bomb. Wonder whether he can do stuff like Yin now... killing people. geez.

About dolls though..... they're just normal humans right? Did we ever get any explanation on how people became dolls?

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-11-26, 19:45   Link #29
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I thought it was some sort of brainwashing, another use for the ME?
Old 2009-11-26, 20:08   Link #30
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

For some reasons, S2 gives us more names about DTB terms in which they never fully explained things like ME system or that "....' reaction when someone uses contractor powers..

Really, there should be a fanbook or something that explained things like this

Anyway, never thought I'm going to like July this much o.o; he just seems...so cute in this season ;_;

Old 2009-11-27, 19:30   Link #31
ApathyEcstasy

he's so cute. i want to adopt him.
Old 2009-11-29, 00:46   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
he's so cute. i want to adopt him.
So with the vote from the ep 8 thread, that means "adopt" and "marry" are officially tied 1-1.
Old 2010-01-02, 22:13   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I feel it only right to top this thread out of respect fur July's unstoppable hug attack in episode 12.

Happy ending for July? In a way, I suppose it was. He certainly had one of the more interesting (and mysterious) arcs of the season, right up until the very end. I confess to being a bit disappointed that Suou seemingly didn't know him in the Eva alternative "tropeiverse" - I was hoping they'd be siblings. But it was nice to see him smile without having to use his hands.
Old 2010-01-03, 10:35   Link #34
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Yes, that was adorable, surprised I haven't seen any JulyxSuou fanart out of it. You would think that the HeixYin or even the HeixMisaki shippers would be using this as an excuse to keep Suou out of the picture.....
Although, the meeting with the magician again begs the point, was July really thinking on his own when he stayed with the group or was it just orders? Really makes me wonder why Hei let him come along then.
Old 2010-01-03, 12:36   Link #35
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think the answer is that he was just following orders - at first. Then he got a taste of life with Suou, free will flared up, and he made a decision to stay with her even after "orders" changed. Now, I find the July/Suou shipping only marginally less unlikely than the Hei/Suou shipping, as there's absolutely no evidence that either Suou or July think of each other that way. I think he's just lonely and she was the first person who cared about him as an individual, and she was lonely for her brother and her protective instincts kicked in.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2010-01-04 at 12:50.
Old 2010-01-04, 12:11   Link #36
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

I think July's love for Suou is more like adoration towards a sibling/ family. Loved his hug attack. Hopefully the OVAs will show a bit more of him
Old 2010-01-05, 04:26   Link #37
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Okay, I can understand that July only joined Hei and Suou to spy on them but I don't understand why they never showed July having any feelings of revenge for Hei killing April. I figured he must have been close to April.

Was capable of closeness but not revenge? Or did he actually want revenge but grew to close to Suou and Hei and forgave him. Or maybe he was already aware that MI6 and by extension him and April were on the bad side? I want some answers. They missed out on a golden oppurtunity to develop July a bit more.
Old 2010-01-05, 15:12   Link #38
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Yeh i thought that was weird since july acknowledged that he cared about april so to go with the person that killed her seemed really strange
Old 2010-01-08, 19:23   Link #39
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I found it interesting that he was able to learn and had a will of his own. He simply didn't use it in the beginning. He accepted his role as a doll, but in the end he said what he wanted.
Old 2010-01-12, 01:22   Link #40
Traece
:cool:

July definitely was a character worth mentioning. He meets all the requirements of having his own character discussion:

- Endless amounts of raving fanboys/fangirls.

- Hotter than the sun / More huggable than a stuffed animal designed to lure unsuspecting girls to hug it

- No emotions (He REALLY blows this one out of the water for up until the last two episodes or so).

- Open Casket Funeral (Not really sure why this makes him eligible... Just wanted to say it).

So what does all this mean? He's a really cute child. July's circumstances were definitely very unique and in the end he really proved to be a source of comedy in a series that's first name is Dark (heh, get it?) and that's last name is Black (kekeke seewutIdidthar again?). Not only did his presence give us a nice break from the constant battle and drama (wow I'm starting to dislike him now) but his character development (although predictable) was interesting and enjoyable to watch (because his development generally ended up in him being hurt by Suou).