Notices

Old 2011-10-17, 19:42   Link #241
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
OP
Really nice,so this is what ali project would sound like if they sounded any good.

well actualy there's a couple songs by them I do like
Old 2011-10-17, 23:50   Link #242
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow6543 View Post
why are you surprised they're all Japanese? its a Japanese comic book i mean does it really matter? everything doesnt have to be so worldly and inclusive, sometimes people like boxes
Because it's a Japanese comic book?
..............*facepalm*
Sorry, my mind just blanked out.
It's like when people say that because it is fantasy, characters can do anything they want and anything can happen even when their actions doesn't make sense.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 01:54   Link #243
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Because it's a Japanese comic book?
..............*facepalm*
Sorry, my mind just blanked out.
It's like when people say that because it is fantasy, characters can do anything they want and anything can happen even when their actions doesn't make sense.
Well maybe "God" just wanted the game to be fast paced with people located in somewhat close vicinities. Instead of throwing in a few manga chapters to show hoe one bro had to fly in from America, one person had to fly in from London, etc., they could just keep it Japanese centered. Plus, one could argue that by limiting it to Japanese people only, God is eliminating some variables and maybe this is all just a big experiment for him and he wants to know more about certain japanese values etc.
Old 2011-10-18, 03:45   Link #244
Chase

Spoiler for episode 2:
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2011-10-18 at 04:03.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 04:42   Link #245
EroKing

Episode 2

Sacrificing an eye to save her cell phone/life was a pretty GAR move by Minene. You don't see that quite often.

Art is good, animation could use some work but the music is quite lacking. Hope they improve as the series progresses.

Last edited by EroKing; 2011-10-18 at 04:53.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 05:21   Link #246
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Episode 2 :

A good episode. Yuno is great as always. I like how she's blushing when she thought about her kiss with Yuki and at the same time don't care at all about the other. The bonus at the end of each episode is a good idea. It should be used for Horizon too Ah yeah, I was suprised that Minene was the woman from the first episode. So, a good episode, but I hope it will become darker and more creepy the more we advance in the story.

7,5/10
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 05:25   Link #247
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
And on top of that, for some reason, 5 of the diary holders have been revealed, and every single one is Japanese. Um, God? There are other people in this world too~
While that's a fair point to me more important thing is : "um,God?Not sure it's a good idea to give your position to serial killers or terrorist bombers or crazy stalkers"
Old 2011-10-18, 05:47   Link #248
Sides

Uryuu is hot and crazy, but not as insane as Yuno. BTW where did the bike came from? Uryuu is definitely my favorite character.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 06:18   Link #249
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
While that's a fair point to me more important thing is : "um,God?Not sure it's a good idea to give your position to serial killers or terrorist bombers or crazy stalkers"
What he said early in the manga (like when he first explained it) is "he wanted to see something amusing" There's a bit more to it than that but they skipped on a couple details that I suspect will arrive later so I wont say anything else.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 08:12   Link #250
kitten320

Wow, so many deaths in just one episode! Mienne definetly doesn't have such word as "mercy" in her vocabulary. I liked how she pulled the phone away from her face in last moment. It is hard to fight such insticts as to cover yourself from upcoming blow/hit.

So we know 5 diary owners already:
2 student
1 seriesl killer
1 terrorist
1 SWAT member

I bet that the rest 7 are as ubnoraml as the last 3. Actually scratch Yuno out of student list, she is insane enough to survive this mess. But how exactly a pathetic Yuki fits in all of this? So far he is as bad as Ganta from Deadman Wonderlamd whom I can't stand. Is Ex Machina experimenting or something? Plotting things behind everyones back?

Really, to put a pathetic student against high class proffesionals and insane people?
Yuki better grow a bone soon or I'll kill him myself.
Old 2011-10-18, 09:01   Link #251
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
And on top of that, for some reason, 5 of the diary holders have been revealed, and every single one is Japanese. Um, God? There are other people in this world too~
As I said, it's better not to overthink this series. It's like watching a go nagai super robot anime and asking why the aliens attack Japan of all places.

In Mirai Nikki the "rule of cool" and plot necessities override realism, there isn't much to do about that. As everyone noticed that bike just pops out of nowhere.

I would add that it's hardly possible for a single terrorist to place bombs and mines in an entire school without leaving any visible sign. And it would have been a thousand times better for Minene to attack Yukiteru while he was isolated rather than in a public place. And if she can get that many explosives it shouldn't be hard to get guns. In particular a sniper gun in conjunction with bombs to force him into the open would have been perfect.

But well as I said... rule of cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Well... this is a game where people are supposed to kill each other, so the real odd one is Yukiteru. Rather it should be asked why Deus created this game in the first place, I mean... why he thinks surviving and winning it is a good requirement to become God. Does God needs to be a merciless die hard assassin?
There are other ways to asses someone's will, intelligence and determination.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 09:03   Link #252
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I thought Deus was rigging the game in Yukki's favor, but at the same time giving him challenges that will shape him into what Deus thinks he needs to be. Why else give a Future Diary to Yuno?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 09:06   Link #253
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Really, to put a pathetic student against high class proffesionals and insane people?
Yuki better grow a bone soon or I'll kill him myself.
Yes, he's rather unappealing. We do see him manning up a little bit in the episode; unfortunately, that just drops the show into the boy-becoming-a-man bin of boredom. I just hope we can get past all the cliche fast.

Tho' I did like it that when he does decide to act, he gets a crazy smile just like Minene's! So that's what growing up is all about!!!

[Edited to respond to Jan-Poo and Sackett's interesting comments]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
this is a game where people are supposed to kill each other, so the real odd one is Yukiteru. Rather it should be asked why Deus created this game in the first place, I mean... why he thinks surviving and winning it is a good requirement to become God. Does God needs to be a merciless die hard assassin?
There are other ways to asses someone's will, intelligence and determination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I thought Deus was rigging the game in Yukki's favor, but at the same time giving him challenges that will shape him into what Deus thinks he needs to be. Why else give a Future Diary to Yuno?
Really the question is what is Deus? When we see him first he is busy manipulating all sorts of levers in front of him, and he tells Yuki that he's "in the middle of adjusting Inglis," since "the world needs some thrill every once in a while." Deus appears as an agent behind the scenes, who exists in order to stir things up, to make the world an interesting place. In other words he's the "Rule of Cool" personified and deified. Which is to say he is not the deity, but just Yuki's idea of the deity.

Or really, Yuki's wish-fulfillment, precisely a "Deus Ex Machina," as Wikipedia puts it, "a plot device whereby a seemingly inextricable problem is suddenly and abruptly solved with the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability, or object." We learn in this latest episode that Yuki is tired of being a bystander, and wants his life to change. Deus and the survival game are Yuki''s means to that very personal end.

If Yuki is odd, it is since everything seems to be centered around him. And that can only be possible if the world and everything in it is a projection of himself.

Last edited by hyperborealis; 2011-10-18 at 10:12.
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 09:18   Link #254
kitten320

Yeh, thay better rush that part.

@Sackett I really won't put it pass Deus, why else would he include someone so lame?

P.S. Oh, I really appraciate those small editions at the end. I was confused about how Minnie managed to find Yuki.

P.S.S. Checked this episode in manga, looks like anime has cut some thing short. Yuki actually used his brains there at the end, in anime it was avoided.

Last edited by kitten320; 2011-10-18 at 09:35.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 09:35   Link #255
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
P.S. Oh, I really appraciate those small editions at the end. I was confused about how Minnie managed to find Yuki.
Think they explained that 9th and 4th were looking for the 3rd, but then Yukki and Yuno took him out. Uryuu must have guess that the 1st and 3rd are close to each other, to be able to figure out that they were diary holders.
Thing is, both of them, 4th and Uryuu did not knew that Yuno is also a diary holder. If you grab the manga, it explains it a bit better, IIRC.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 10:06   Link #256
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Spoiler for Op:
after hearing this some times, it's nice to note every 2 strophe there is a change of pace, style and (to highlight it more) a change of theme in the images xD
it goes 2 strophes with the same theme/style, then change, for other 2 strophes same theme, then change again; this way till the end :P

i would say only the images bring the blood theme(lol, how can't it be x3), while the music alone is more mental
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 10:53   Link #257
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

BTW each diary holder's name is a reference to an ancient roman deity

YUKITERU = IUPITER (japanese "YU" and latin "IU" are pronounced the same way, change the "k" to "p" and remove the final "U")
YUNO = IUNO (exactly the same pronounce)
HIYAMA = VULCANUS (The kanji of "hiyama" mean "volcano" which is "vulcanus" in latin)
MINENE = MINERVA (it's a long shot but the "mine" part is the same, I guess Esuno ran out of choices)

PS: There's something that bothers me in the ED.... the various diary holders disappear following the order of their numbers... but the tenth and the ninth are switched... what the hell?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 11:34   Link #258
HandofFate

ouch, i cringed when 9th got poked in the eye.

also its weird that Yuki carries a bag of throwing darts with him wherever he goes.
We know he had it with him before he knew he was even being targeted so its not something he did just suddenly.
Old 2011-10-18, 11:55   Link #259
zeando
maybenotimome

about episode 2 (since watching the raw) there is only one thing that mostly bothers me about the bombing plan

bombs explode only one time, if they miss the zone bombed can't explode again, so that makes any zone which already exploded being safe
so why, yuki and yuno should move around risking to get bombed, while staying in an already bombed zone should be the safest place?
to reach/stop minene because she's taking ostages?.. :/ doubt it's that
to reach/kill minene because she's trying to kill them? well first at least avoid being killed before planning to kill others :/
to reach/kill minene before she gives up and leave, only to return later to attack again? that would be a case, but they're making an heavy use of the diary, normally that coure of action would be senseless :/

in the end assassination with only random bombing in a big building is quite an ineffective method :/ (also considering being in the corridors is already enouth to avoid(with some luck) an explosion from a class :/)
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 12:04   Link #260
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
As I said, it's better not to overthink this series. It's like watching a go nagai super robot anime and asking why the aliens attack Japan of all places.
It's obvious that this is one of those series that you watch not really for the sake of a good story, but the... events that occured, but well, picking up all of the weird things is a fun way to past the time. Doesn't make the anime less fun to watch (in a brainless meaning).
Also, even then, if the story is trying to be serious, then it should be looked at seriously within its setting. Sure, there is no point in thinking about it and by far, there is nothing we can do about it, but if a story gives up sense for the sake of entertainment, it doesn't change the fact that the story was weird and thus deserves to be pointed out. Also, if the story is trying to induce some kind of emotion on the viewer, these small points can actually be quite important.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere