AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-12-15, 14:14   Link #461
endarion88

what's the meaning of that text that is making everyone jealous?
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 16:04   Link #462
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

I just want to bring this topic up: It's from Zeroblade's FAQ corner.

Quote:
How can Ulquiaga be training to be an Inquisitor, attack Galileo on sight, calling him a heretic, but at the same time be fighting for the Far East where making contracts with pagan gods is the norm?
I think Ukky said something that he cannot join the battle in Horizon liberation.

「もしこの後にホライゾンを救うことになったとしても、拙僧は動けんのだ。なにしろ拙僧、異端審問官志望で はあるが、K.P.A.Italiaもトレスエスパニアも旧派であって異端ではないからな。節操はそのどち らとも戦うことが出来ん。」 - p242, 1B.

He says the reason why he can't fight is because K.P.A.Italia and Tres Espana aren't heretics. Conversely, he can fight someone if they are heretics -> Galileo. He's a heretic after his discovery of Heliocentrism that refutes the word in the bible stating that the Earth is the center of the universe.

Also he mentioned something like his weapons are only reserved for heretics back in Episode 1.

Were Margot and Malga considered heretics? But if they were, Ulquiaga and the two les seemed to be in good terms just as the rest of the class. There was a mention in the novel that at first, back in their elementary days, there were much of a discord in the class (they were all in the same class since when they were small). But most of those conflicts were resolved when they reached Middle school. I wonder if these resolution also include Marga, Margot and Ulquiaga.

And why do Ukky aspires to become an inquisitor officer? I think there is an explanation in volume 1 but don't have time to search for it. (I'm scared to go to japanese wiki as I might learn too much)
Old 2011-12-16, 00:05   Link #463
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
I'm not sure, but I spied the words "Uki", "Naked" and "Proposed" in there...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 02:39   Link #464
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
Spoiler for Go to hell Ulquiaga!:
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 03:02   Link #465
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I always wonder how Shigezane and him were to actually....make love seeing that he's well a.....draconoid aircraft....

It'd be like having sex with an F-15....
Old 2011-12-16, 06:33   Link #466
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeruri View Post
I just want to bring this topic up: It's from Zeroblade's FAQ corner.

(lol)

I think Ukky said something that he cannot join the battle in Horizon liberation.

「もしこの後にホライゾンを救うことになったとしても、拙僧は動けんのだ。なにしろ拙僧、異端審問官志望で はあるが、K.P.A.Italiaもトレスエスパニアも旧派であって異端ではないからな。節操はそのどち らとも戦うことが出来ん。」 - p242, 1B.

He says the reason why he can't fight is because K.P.A.Italia and Tres Espana aren't heretics. Conversely, he can fight someone if they are heretics -> Galileo. He's a heretic after his discovery of Heliocentrism that refutes the word in the bible stating that the Earth is the center of the universe.

Also he mentioned something like his weapons are only reserved for heretics back in Episode 1.

Were Margot and Malga considered heretics? But if they were, Ulquiaga and the two les seemed to be in good terms just as the rest of the class. There was a mention in the novel that at first, back in their elementary days, there were much of a discord in the class (they were all in the same class since when they were small). But most of those conflicts were resolved when they reached Middle school. I wonder if these resolution also include Marga, Margot and Ulquiaga.

And why do Ukky aspires to become an inquisitor officer? I think there is an explanation in volume 1 but don't have time to search for it. (I'm scared to go to japanese wiki as I might learn too much)
Oh, thanks much for the info; I'll update accordingly. Skipped most of 1A and 1B (started at 1B, ch. 35) to follow the anime because my pace is like 40~60 pages a week orz.

As for why, I think his family had a heritage of being inquisition officers back before they moved to the Musashi, and his parents started doing antique furniture for a living?
Zeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 13:36   Link #467
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic eagle View Post
it'd be like having sex with an f-15....

That sounds like the most amazing experience ever. No joke.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 13:43   Link #468
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroblade View Post
As for why, I think his family had a heritage of being inquisition officers back before they moved to the Musashi, and his parents started doing antique furniture for a living?
Bedclothes. (And some custom-made beds.)

Quote:
Ulquiaga's family is of the lineage of the Tres Espana inquisitors. Locally, it was well established, but because of over-hunting, they were no longer able to support themselves. Now, his parents are making and selling bedclothes at the third underground floor of Oume, but custom-made beds had become part of his family's skills, and had become popular amongst a portion of people. The type of people who say: "The restraints are good when they're tight."

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 13:46   Link #469
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
Quote:
Ulquiaga's family is of the lineage of the Tres Espana inquisitors. Locally, it was well established, but because of over-hunting, they were no longer able to support themselves. Now, his parents are making and selling bedclothes at the third underground floor of Oume, but custom-made beds had become part of his family's skills, and had become popular amongst a portion of people. The type of people who say: "The restraints are good when they're tight."
Highlighting keypoint here. If you're thinking something , you're probably right.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 14:12   Link #470
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post

That sounds like the most amazing experience ever. No joke.
I know rite....

Doesn't the roar of the engines just turn you on....

Ok screw it...I now totally see where Shigezane is coming from...nice going you two....Musashi style diplomacy always win as usual....
Old 2011-12-16, 14:30   Link #471
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroblade View Post
Quote:
Bedclothes. (And some custom-made beds.)
Thanks for the infos. I finally had gone through the prologue again, and I think I got the answer to some of the questions I had.

It also answered why Ulquiaga condones Far East people despite being pagans. It seems pagans =/= heretics to him as stated in his monologue in p58 of 1A.
Quote:
異端と異教は違う。異端とは、旧派と同じTsirch教譜でありながら、Tsirch教譜の教えを歪めて伝 える、もはや更生出来ない者のこと。対する異教は、Tsirch教譜ではない別の教譜であるが、それゆえに 、真の教えを知れば、更正出来るかもしれない者達。
According to him, the heretics are beyond salvation upon distorting the teachings of Tsirch, while pagans, albeit a different faith than Tsirch, might be saved if they learn the true teachings that is of Tsirch religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Highlighting keypoint here. If you're thinking something , you're probably right.
Does that refer to Toori since he was seen swaddled in bedsheet a lot of times? Or those dakimakura peeps?
Old 2011-12-16, 14:46   Link #472
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

No, just that his parents make beds for ドM.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 14:48   Link #473
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
No, just that his parents make beds for ドM.
Oh lol, I see now. XD
Old 2011-12-16, 21:31   Link #474
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Is it possible that the K.P.A. in K.P.A. Italia is "Kingdom of Sardinia, Pisa and Arborea"?
Random speculah.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 21:47   Link #475
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So what does the P.A in P.A Oda mean?
Old 2011-12-16, 22:10   Link #476
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I have no idea.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-12-18, 01:52   Link #477
Kanamechan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I feel bad for the Musashi girls, all their good (formerly) available men have been taken by foreigners... It's like Toori's pimping them out or something to build diplomatic relations
I doubt they mind, the yuri is strong in this class

Quote:
LOL! Guess his family really is popular in certain circles...
I wonder if Gin bought one of those for her husband ^^
Kanamechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 09:31   Link #478
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Looks like there are more WMDs than the Logismoi Oplo and the Testamenta Arma: the Murasai's Dedicated Armaments of the Five Great Crowns (Godaicho Senyou Busou), and one of them is named Israfel, the fourth of the five, owned by Toshiie Maeda.

The Israfel grants healing capabilities and can strengthen necromantic abilities. It's special ability is the Kaga Milliongeist, which can summon an army of one million spirits.

Also, the Jizurisuzaku is only one of four Gods of War which are patterned to the Four Symbols: there's also Michiyukibyakko, controlled by Era Fusahide.

Old 2011-12-18, 09:49   Link #479
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Also, the Jizurisuzaku is only one of four Gods of War which are patterned to the Four Symbols: there's also Michiyukibyakko, controlled by Era Fusahide.
I was expecting this; you don't name something Jizurisuzaku without the possibility of include the three other holy beasts.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 09:54   Link #480
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, until this new discovery I assumed that Naomasa made up the name herself.

Hmm, seeing my contributions to terminology in the project page of Horizon makes me wonder if I should register and personally submit them. This new world of Horizon is intriguing me so much.

Tags
boobs, harem, history, mecha, political negotiations, science fiction, shounen