AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 24 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 26.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.41%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-16, 07:07   Link #201
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So long as someone else does the planning (and Shu finally mans up) then I don't see a problem. It's a nice parallel (if that's the right way of describing it) to their past.
IF Shu mans up. I mean that the way he is right now still isn't enough to fill Gai's shoes.
Old 2012-01-16, 07:20   Link #202
Soji

^He will. Sure he not enough for now to fill Gai's shoes. But Shu is different from Gai ... He not alone (hopefully) he can always rely on others. And do what he can.
Old 2012-01-16, 07:31   Link #203
Shadow5YA

The problem is Gai said that Shu could become like him at any time. I'm not seeing that.
Old 2012-01-16, 07:51   Link #204
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The problem is Gai said that Shu could become like him at any time. I'm not seeing that.
Honestly, I can...but Shu have to work hard to do so.
Old 2012-01-16, 07:53   Link #205
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Gai's not exactly the best judge of a person.

I mean, knowing full well that Mana became bat-shit insane and tried to have him killed... Gai still loved Mana. ( At least that's how it felt. )

And the whole 'I tried to become you' thing was clearly nothing more than a rose-tinted idolisation of a friend who just so happened to be a bright, sociable and active kid. There was nothing 'Gai-ish' or super awesome about Shoeta, Gai simply created an ideal version of Shu.

Can Shu man-up and become a character worthy of Gai's coat? Probably. But he'll never be Gai.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-01-16, 12:44   Link #206
QuiniX

Send a message via MSN to QuiniX
Tbh i don't want him to be like Gai because he will be just another copy. I want him to man up and become an individual, we as viewers will regard as worthy being the MC
Old 2012-01-16, 13:24   Link #207
Soji

Who know maybe he will become like Scrooge....they really are alikes.
Old 2012-01-16, 13:37   Link #208
kitten320

Am I the only one who feels like this episode was out of place? It felt really weird and off and their past didn't touch me one bit... it actually made me facepalm and go WTF?!
Old 2012-01-16, 21:26   Link #209
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Am I the only one who feels like this episode was out of place? It felt really weird and off and their past didn't touch me one bit... it actually made me facepalm and go WTF?!
How was it OOP? In episode 10 and 11 a faction of GHQ tried to send everyone to hell. SHu and co. cleaned up in episode 12.

But really, nice episode. And they finally answered a lot of things people had been asking. But I really wasn't expecting Mana to be a sick incestuous yandere. Nor the fact that GHQ remade her body after she caused Lost Christmas.

I'm not really surprised that Gai died. I hate the guy anyway.
Old 2012-01-17, 01:21   Link #210
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Besides the fact that some scenes felt like they were put in just because the creators wanted them in, not really.

Something I've noticed concerning this episode is that quite a lot of people are using it to voice their opinions on how much they like the series. Judging by the responses, you'll like this episode if you liked the series to begin with, and you'll think it's bad or eh if you didn't. I have to agree, because I can't think of anything in this episode that will influence your opinion. Well, I guess the questions being answered can count, but I find that only the people who like the series will care about that. The rest (including me) just go "it wasn't worth 11 painful episodes" or something similar.

I still don't get why people think this is the last episode though, as nothing all that important was really accomplished. And whatever did accomplished were problems that were introduced and left at a breakneck pace.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2012-01-17 at 01:36.
Old 2012-01-17, 01:57   Link #211
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I still don't get why people think this is the last episode though, as nothing all that important was really accomplished. And whatever did accomplished were problems that were introduced and left at a breakneck pace.
LOLZ. Either they are just sarcastic because the episode does look like a series ender episode or that they wish GC ends there....

But as you said, nothing major was accomplished: Sure Shu and co. saved Japan from total annihilation, but at the end of the day GHQ still owns Japan. Well at least Japan's still there.
Old 2012-01-17, 10:15   Link #212
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
At least Gai didnt pull Roy Folker and actually just like obliterated into nothingness. Im pretty sure there's no coming back from nothingness but this is anime and stranger things have been known to happen.

Leave to some crazy girl to potentially destroy the world because of the her bro-con sickness. sigh

honestly the only thing i found interesting about this episode was how Shu and Gai changed places from their childhood.

i wish i could have enjoyed the episode more but it seemd so damned rushed. I did enjoy the flashback though.
Old 2012-01-17, 16:10   Link #213
com_gwp

Quote:
No, you ain't alone here. The "WHAT" factor was on code geass R2 levels

From what I gather on the internet, half the people following guilty crown continue to do so because its so hilibad, with this episode as the shining example.
Old 2012-01-17, 16:23   Link #214
NeoChan
Banned

Quite funny to recall, it's Shu's rejection of Mana that cause it all.

Old 2012-01-17, 22:29   Link #215
Jehuty

Can someone find a good picture of Yuzuriha's white costume at the end?
Old 2012-01-18, 02:48   Link #216
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
Quite funny to recall, it's Shu's rejection of Mana that cause it all.

Shu did the right thing. Sure, it caused the Lost Christmas catastrophe. But accepting Mana as she was could have caused the end of the world.

Plus, we don't know yet about the origin of the stone (possibly extraterrestrial like others have mentioned) or how Mana got infected with the original Apocalypse virus. Or how the void genomes were manufactured. Plenty of material to explore in the remaining episodes.
Old 2012-01-18, 05:13   Link #217
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Shu did the right thing. Sure, it caused the Lost Christmas catastrophe. But accepting Mana as she was could have caused the end of the world.

Plus, we don't know yet about the origin of the stone (possibly extraterrestrial like others have mentioned) or how Mana got infected with the original Apocalypse virus. Or how the void genomes were manufactured. Plenty of material to explore in the remaining episodes.
Agree... And I'm sure if Mana don't was like that ,he would have accept her.
But yeah there is still plenty of questions that need to be answers.
Old 2012-01-18, 20:57   Link #218
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Tramatic experience turns a cool kid into a wimp , another one after that turns him back to be cool again?
Old 2012-01-18, 21:42   Link #219
Xeones

That's pretty much the logic in this show...
Old 2012-01-18, 21:52   Link #220
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
There is no proof that by accepting Mana and committing incest would had Shu destroy the world. It could had even prevented LC from happening in the first place.

Quote:
Not to mention that all these info are in the sole hands of GHQ, who is still holding authority in Japan.
Closed Thread