AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2023-03-20, 06:19   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Genesis of Aquarion: Myth of Emotions - Anticipation & Discussion Thread [unknown]

A new Aquarion TV anime has just been announced, called Genesis of Aquarion: Myth of Emotions (or Aquarion MOE for short )

Anime News Network

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

More details will be revealed at the AnimeJapan event on the 25th - 26th of the month.

The new mecha looks to be a modified version of the original Solar Aquarion, so hoping this'll be more in line with say the original series or EVOL, rather than Logos.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 06:27   Link #2
charles883

SOUSEI GATTAI GO AQUARIONN!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell Yeah Aquarion Back.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 09:25   Link #3
Frontier

I have a big soft spot for Aquarion, flaws and all, so I'm happy to see a new season .

I hope they bring back AKINO and Bless4...
Old 2023-03-20, 10:08   Link #4
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
This series is still trying to live on?

Heck, I didn't even realize there was a series released back in 2015. Probably because I got burned by both the original and EVOL, with their troll endings. I can't comment on 2015, but maybe this series will actually finish on a GOOD note?

(By the way, i was willing to give EVOL a try, and the the big spoiler was
Spoiler for EVOL:

I think Kawamori is generally the director behind this series? He keeps trolling us, and I believe the common response is to "Keep throwing pineapples at this guy")

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 10:09   Link #5
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I would have prefer a new Macross, but glad some mecha franchises are still alive.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 10:26   Link #6
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
This series is still trying to live on?

Heck, I didn't even realize there was a series released back in 2015. Probably because I got burned by both the original and EVOL, with their troll endings. I can't comment on 2015, but maybe this series will actually finish on a GOOD note?

(By the way, i was willing to give EVOL a try, and the the big spoiler was
Spoiler for EVOL:

I think Kawamori is generally the director behind this series? He keeps trolling us, and I believe the common response is to "Keep throwing pineapples at this guy")
That twist really shook me up back in the day .
Old 2023-03-20, 12:14   Link #7
cyberdemon

I actually wasn’t all that surprised by it.
Old 2023-03-20, 12:38   Link #8
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I would have prefer a new Macross, but glad some mecha franchises are still alive.
I mean Macross Delta: Zettai Live!!!!! released within the last few months, so I imagine they wanted to work on something different in the meantime.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 13:29   Link #9
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I mean Macross Delta: Zettai Live!!!!! released within the last few months, so I imagine they wanted to work on something different in the meantime.
Technically it got released in October 2021 and after the delay. It was BDs that got released a few months ago. Though, yeah, more time passed since last Aquarion.
Old 2023-03-20, 13:44   Link #10
Frontier

Also, is the title spelling out MOE intentional? Knowing this franchise, probably .
Old 2023-03-20, 14:56   Link #11
Chosen_Hero

EVOL was so bad, to this day I am still pissed at how that show treated Zessica.
Old 2023-03-20, 15:10   Link #12
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It's sad that throughout its history, Aquarion has been changing writers but none of them ever really hit homerun:

Aquarion: Hiroshi Ohnogi & Shoji Kawamori
Evol: Mari Okada
Logos: Jun Kumagai

I think the only thing that MOE has going for it is Kawamori's statement that this will be done by a "new team". Let's hope that it's true and this "new team" will be much more competent than their predecessors. Heck, Mari Okada had (much) better success doing Gundam IBO which still has a continuing side-story game as we speak. But for God's sake, don't take any writers from the current Macross if you don't want to sink this IP too .
Old 2023-03-20, 15:17   Link #13
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It's sad that throughout its history, Aquarion has been changing writers but none of them ever really hit homerun:

Aquarion: Hiroshi Ohnogi & Shoji Kawamori
Evol: Mari Okada
Logos: Jun Kumagai

I think the only thing that MOE has going for it is Kawamori's statement that this will be done by a "new team". Let's hope that it's true and this "new team" will be much more competent than their predecessors. Heck, Mari Okada had (much) better success doing Gundam IBO which still has a continuing side-story game as we speak. But for God's sake, don't take any writers from the current Macross if you don't want to sink this IP too .
Eh, but wasn't Frontier the most sucessful Macross (or at least close too)? And as far as I remember, despite all of the hate for Delta it was moderately sucessful, just way-way less than Frontier.
Old 2023-03-20, 15:41   Link #14
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Eh, but wasn't Frontier the most sucessful Macross (or at least close too)? And as far as I remember, despite all of the hate for Delta it was moderately sucessful, just way-way less than Frontier.
I think its more that Walkure was successful (and in need of marketing) than anything. They initially announced a new series for 2018 that ended up being shelved and forgotten in favor of more Delta.

I was kind of hoping we might get more Macross soon or even Symphogear but instead we get... this. I like Kawamori and all but I have no faith this is going to be even remotely good. Though after the most recent Gundam... what are the chances Aquarion jumps on the yuri bandwagon?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 16:06   Link #15
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Ma dude, Frontier is old at this point (it's from 2008). The only current (or at least latest) Macross is Delta.
Old 2023-03-20, 16:52   Link #16
bastek66

What will be the gimmick this time?
Old 2023-03-20, 17:00   Link #17
Frontier

It might be nostalgia talking but I remember the original being the most consistent of the Aquarion's. At least as consistent as a show like Aquarion can get .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
EVOL was so bad, to this day I am still pissed at how that show treated Zessica.
Zessica and Andy/MIX carried the second half so hard despite all their suffering .

You know who would write a great Aquarion? Yosuke Kuroda.
Old 2023-03-21, 01:25   Link #18
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

I thought Logos has killed this series
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-21, 08:49   Link #19
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
I thought Logos has killed this series
With Japan's current 'shortage' of mecha across medium, not so surprising, I guess.
Late 08's I can still found some fan-made mecha on doujinshi convention; 15 years time skip its not easy to garner audience as original mecha compare to Evangelion or whatever new Gundam available, also 'mecha as tokusatsu armor' idea became more prevalent in various manga and circle (Gridman made it even more popular).

I'm guessing they decided going with Aquarion for simple reason of "using new, weird concept and approach with nothing to lose" due to Logos compare to risking name like Macross.