●ドレスな仆がやんごとなき方々の家庭教师様な件 4 【著:野村美月/絵:karory】
●モンスターハンター 暁の誓い 2 【著:柄本和昭/絵:凯】
9/30
Kokoro Connect - Precious Time
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 08:44   Link #982
Fuzzi

Hey all ^.^

Just joined up because I love Kokoro Connect so much! I just wanted to ask how the LN translations are coming along as I can unfortunately only speak English

I really want to read about Tachi's confession to Dereban in the church!
Fuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 18:58   Link #983
Yukihana

I just joined as well! I am a huge fan of the Kokoro Connect light novel series but I, too, can only speak English

I would love to read about Taichi's confession to Inaba in the church too! I love them together! ////
Yukihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 13:24   Link #984
Fuzzi

Have to agree there after watching the anime I had to read the light novels, have to say they're so much more detailed
Old 2013-07-28, 15:44   Link #985
skullheart

There's a lot of details lost in the anime since Kokoro Connect is more of a story about the changes of each character's mind which can't really be shown. And yeah a lot of the humor is taken out from the anime too.
skullheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 19:13   Link #986
Yukihana

Yeah, I was extremely surprised when I went back to read the light novel translations to see how much was left out of the anime.. The light novels are a lot better in my opinion
Old 2013-07-29, 06:42   Link #987
Fuzzi

Well I'm glad to see we share the same opinion

Just waiting for Step Time to be translated (
Old 2013-07-29, 14:31   Link #988
SenileFox

Just joined the site myself after skimming through about 40 pages of posts in the forum and finishing Volume 4 of the LN.

I can say, as a very moved fan by the series, a part of my life will not be complete until I experience the entirety of the Kokoro Connect series (and honestly, I just want more Inaba), whether it be through anime format or any other--I will see this through!

On a lighter note, I have to say thanks to Lantern, who's posts and comments have managed to keep me rather informed with the progress of the LN's translation and the plot continuing after the end of the anime series. This said, I'm really interested in the Nise Random section of the LN's because it sounds so undeniably good, and am very impatiently waiting for it's translation ha.

Lantern, if there is anything I can help you with, please let me know. Unfortunately, I'm only an English speaker with some Spanish knowledge, so I doubt I'd be much help, nonetheless, I offer my assistance!
SenileFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 22:26   Link #989
Yukihana

^THIS!!!
And yes, a big thank you to all the translators that are working on this big project for us!
Old 2013-07-31, 01:26   Link #990
SenileFox

Seriously ha. The amount of effort and time that is possibly put into these translations must be astounding, which is why I'd love to help in any possible way. I mean, there's not many translators left who seem to be working on the project, and well, my biggest fear is that we might never see the complete whole of the series. So I'd like to at least offer some motivation to those translators who believe they might just be wasting their time.
Old 2013-07-31, 11:46   Link #991
skullheart

Kokoro Connect is a really good series with lots of deep and thought provoking messages and themes. In the end, you really do wonder whether the phenomenons that Heartseed make the students go through is really all that supernatural. And the reactions from everyone is really realistic to what a typical high school student would do too.
Old 2013-07-31, 20:48   Link #992
SenileFox

Agreed. I jumped into the show without any real expectations, thinking it'd be a more than ordinary slice-of-life K-ON! clone, and was really surprised for the better when I realized it was far more than that. It's been quite the long time since I've managed to fall in love with a cast of characters like I have with Kokoro Connect's cast, which is funny, considering the show doesn't necessarily do anything that could be called 'original' or 'revolutionary'.

I suppose the reason I love Kokoro Connect so much is because the life and blood of the show--the characters--are so subtly and interestingly developed. The show maybe cross over into the over dramatic here and there, but it never reaches the point of actual annoyance or disbelief. It bargains it's time with comedy and drama, leaving a good mix and match of serious and laughter. It's also, if I may call it that; a smart harem. I didn't expect the Iori twist in the end, and for that, I admit it got me. Even the supernatural element of the show falls bland in comparison to the relationships we see grow with the characters.

I..didn't realize how long this reply was haha, but in short, I agree with you, Skullheart.
Old 2013-07-31, 21:15   Link #993
skullheart

The supernatural phenomenons all can be related to some part of everyday life. For example how we do actually change our personality in front of different people and how we act of our desires such as spending money buying something on impulse.
Spoiler for nagase:
Old 2013-07-31, 21:50   Link #994
SenileFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullheart View Post
The supernatural phenomenons all can be related to some part of everyday life. For example how we do actually change our personality in front of different people and how we act of our desires such as spending money buying something on impulse.
Spoiler for nagase:
Well...concerning Nagase...

Spoiler for Story plot:

And I believe she lets her hair grow out? Definitely a plus ha. I'm more of an Inaba man myself though.
Old 2013-07-31, 22:24   Link #995
skullheart

I guess we'll find out what happens to everyone in the new side stories.
Old 2013-08-01, 00:15   Link #996
SenileFox

There's going to be new stories? In the form of what? A manga? LN?

I really doubt it'd be animated, sadly.
Old 2013-08-01, 00:27   Link #997
skullheart

Light novel coming out on september 30
Old 2013-08-01, 02:00   Link #998
SenileFox

Ah, I knew it. Unfortunately that does me no good unless someones translates it ha. Ah well.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:37   Link #999
Yukihana

This next volume coming out in September will be the final one right?
Old 2013-08-01, 21:42   Link #1000
skullheart

No one knows for sure until the authors note says it is the final volume. For all we know it could be Kokoro Connect, when the gang is in university lol.

Tags
romance, shounen