AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2015-12-02, 06:52   Link #1
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

With $2million budget what items would you bring to another world?

Just as title says

what items would you bring with you to another world with the budget of 2million dollars.

You were given the information that they are not technologically advance and they have magic. On top of it you deducted upon questioning that it is a medieval-like age as well!

You are asked to save the other world. Save their world/race/kingdom/.

assuming you accept the offer

you ask to be given money so that you can prepare for the trip after 3 months of preparation. You were also given a bag that has time space magic that can store things the size of 50x50sq meters. It preserves everything inside in their perfect state just as you put them there.

you won't be able to return back to earth for another 50 years assuming you will live for that long.

Your task to the other world. Save their world/race/kingdom/.

Problems that possibly you might face are.
-Demon king problems (Cause humanity manage to annoy its neighbors and their neighbors united against them, the leader of the coalition was thus named the Demon king.)
-Race survival. Humans are on the verge of extinction, you need to save them as a fellow human being!
-LOTResque kind of struggle between good and evil(Some immortal thought that it is time for his revenge or simply wants to burn the world to the ground)
-Poverty(Economic Crisis, some sick super powerful merchant guild want to rule the world through power of money)
-Health(Bacterial/Viral Problems. Do i need to say hygiene?)
-Rebellion(Some bastard thought he should be the emperor/king. The princess/prince says otherwise by summoning you)
-Bloodline issues(You need to marry the last of the royalty to thicken the royal blood more)
-Zombie problems
-Possibly alot more as you point out what kind of issue one might face here

So what would you bring?

I would appreciate it if you follow this format

-Job(Your current job)
-Interests(Put it in here)
-Reason to go(yes you need to put it here!)
-Things that you need to bring
-Comments

Example:

Job:Student, Marine Engineer
Interests: Anime, books, Mecha
Reason to go: Seems interesting.
Preparations:

-get weapons handling,servicing, maintenance and survival training from Blackwater or any entities capable of teaching me such skills. Make a commando out of me in a single month. 1 1/2 month

-Land reading + Survival guide from jungle trackers 1 week

-basic technical and mechanical training 1 week

-Buy all necessary items 3 weeks

-Close all doors. 1 week

Items to bring

-Fire arms(MP5 x5, M-200 x3, AK-47 x6, Express Super Magnum Shotgun x3, M9 Beretta x20, S&W Model 500 x2 and alot more )

-RPG-7(Anti-dragon purposes)

-MGL (Crowd control Tear Gas, Pepper Spray, HE, AP, HEAT, Smoke)

-Crossbow (Explosive, Piercing and rope launcher)

-Munitions (for the fire arms varying from armor piercing, incendiary, high explosive)

-Military Accessories (Goggles, Gas Masks, NV goggles, Suppressors, Attached GL, Laser sight, laser pointers and etc)

-Lots of explosives (C4,TNT)

-Motorbike x5(with spare parts, and fuel that i can fit in)

-Mountain bike

-Tricycle

-Telescopes, Hi-powered mobile version

-Antibiotics

-First Aid Kits

-Medicine

-Man portable battery powered UAV (Rotor craft, Fixed wing)

-Universal Charger(Dynamo Type, pump action)

-Portable Solar Panel Generator

-Easy to install Water Electric Generator(If I decide on a permanent residence)

-Refrigerator x2 (I'm quite sure I will need this)

-Writing utensils(Papers, pencil, ball point, fountain pen)

-Hand held computer tablet

-Ultra Durable Long lasting Laptop X3

-Printer with lots of ink x10

-Thumb drives that contains all learning of humanity from the modern age to the medieval age.(Economics, Mathematics, Metallurgy, Industry, Law, Medicinal, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, chemistry and Structural Engineering)

-Thumb drives that contains entertainment materials like music, E-books and movies.

-A complete all weather wardrobe

-Black Trench coat x10

-Steel tipped boots x10

-Gloves

-Japanese Swords made from the Japan(Katana, Wazikashi, Nodachi)

-European Steel Swords (Rapier, Sabre, Broadsword, Estoc)

-Oriental Steel swords (Machete, Kris, Piandao and etc.)

-Rations

-Chocolates

-Alcoholic drinks

Comment:

So please answer this question!

Feel free to post after answering it!

Last edited by maxxus0923; 2015-12-09 at 11:04.
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 08:29   Link #2
watisit

How much money for a cheat?
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 08:31   Link #3
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
How much money for a cheat?
unfortunately, no cheats allowed
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 11:27   Link #4
Jaden

It's not my current job, but my education is in science, and that's definitely what I'd be relying on. For the reason, I don't think I'd be able to resist my curiosity.

I think the first order of business would be to gain influence with the kingdom I'm trying to save, and that could be a big stumbling block.

With just $2M, it's not certain that I'd be able to bring enough jewelry or precious metals to buy my way into power, since we have no idea of their economy. Could trade arms, but that would be dangerous. Could fight the invading monsters and armies myself, but that would be even riskier.

I think I'd use most of my budget on medicine (just stuff that's no longer patent protected), and the minimal facilities to create antibiotics, vaccines, and recreational drugs. Would need some generators for the few absolutely necessary power tools (freezer, lights, spectrometer, pH electrodes). Not sure if I could make batteries good enough for those. That way they'd be more likely to see me as benevolent and as a credible source of scientific knowledge. Those are all things that are relatively cheap in our world, but absolutely invaluable in a medieval world.

In a position of influence, I could help the kingdom's economy by proliferating some of our simple inventions in chemistry, such as fertilizers, food preservation, fermentation, dyes, polymers, etc., and to help the military, things like firebombs, gunpowder, and TNT.

Industrialization and other things that rely on advanced metallurgy might be too slow to develop from nothing into something useful in the scope of 50 years, but that'd be the next order of business. It's good for morale anyway to have constant technological development.

Last edited by Jaden; 2015-12-08 at 16:23.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 09:53   Link #5
Sonicfanx1

Job: High School student
Interests: Anime and Video games and science and stuff and more stuff, I LIKE EVERYTHING
Reason to go: I tripped and fell... I needed a good story to tell my grandchildren so I went
Things that you need to bring:
-Myself
-A laptop
-A video camera and spares
-A crap load of guns
-Crap ton of ammo
-Power armor
-Power armor batteries
-Farming Equipment and plants
-Animals to breed and eat
-An inter-universal gateway back home
-A sword
-Crap ton of batteries
-Crap ton of memory
-Survival Gear
-A lot of lighters
-Portable rain collector
-Loads of rations
-Grenades
-Portable House

Comments: This is probably assuming I didn't use the 3 months to prepare...because to come up with a good list, I'll probably need 3 months to prepare.
Old 2015-12-06, 22:52   Link #6
phoenix14345

Job- student (political science)

interests- anime/manga, video games,

Reason to go. Opportunity to wield influence in society. Also sounds fun

Things I want to bring

Information, specifically, but not limited to
-Agricultural, medicinal, metallurgy, science, economics, and politics.

Attempt to focus on information useful to the medieval society. Probably basics such as herbal medicine, crop rotation, water mills, etc.. I feel there's no point bringing schematics of high tech items if their society can't even hope to reproduce them. Goal of the information is to advance their society to a level similar to our beginning of the Industrial Revolution during the 50 years.

Of course, I would bring information about modern age inventions, such as engines, ships, pesticides, more advanced guns, but they would not be high in the priority list. Have examples or schematics, but keep them hidden until their society is sufficiently advanced enough.

Examples/schematics of the above information

Disclaimer- does not apply to information that is useful when learned and doesn't require extensive background knowledge. ex. most obvious example is information about health/sanitation. Others could be natural phenomena and physics.

-Conveniences for my life which would include 21st century items of medicine, weapons, motion/sun generators, computers, simple water refinement tech and others. Focus on weapons, medicine, water refinement, and survival gear with computer/generators a close second.

And finally 3 paper books to line my medieval bookcase.
- N. Machiavelli's The Prince
- A. Smith's Wealth of Nations
- Sun Tzu's Art of War.
phoenix14345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 12:22   Link #7
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Occupation- Graduate Student

Interests- Anime, Gaming, others but too lazy to list

Why I'd Go- Realistically speaking, not sure I would leave the modern world behind- disease, despotism, low standard of living, low average lifespan, ignorant people who will try to kill you if you challenge their religious beliefs, and lack of electricity and running water= not fun...but if I was some sort of chosen one, I am glad they gave me the time, money, and Akemi Homura-style hammerspace to prepare, and it could be an interesting and exciting experience.

In any case, here's what I'd bring:

-Supplies of non-perishible foods- cans etc (that said, can my magic "hammerspace" preserve perishible foods, because if i can put fresh foods in their and have them still be good ten years later, I'm so doing it!). Still, even if it can do that, definitely bringing a large stash of canned goods, non perishibles etc.

-Bottled water, as well as water purification tablets and filters, and container to capture rain water

-Tents and sleeping bags etc, given the massive "hammerspace" I have, likely a few tents designed for different situations- i.e. a larger one and one of those smaller ones designed to stand up in a blizzard at least. Also, a similar variety of light and heavy sleeping bags, air mattresses etc.

-Camping and survival gear: mulitiple means of starting a fire- matches, lighters, flint, etc, a survival/combat knife (KA-BAR type thing), hatchet, entrenching tool, campstove and fuel etc.

- A well stocked medkit- including lots of disinfectants, antibiotics, painkillers, and other modern medicines, as well as a collection of medical manuals and instructions etc.

-Firearms and Explosives: This is where a lot of my budget will go, and a lot of my prep time training to use these things as best as I can in the limited 3-month time frame. I'd probably bring a small arsenal with me- everything from multiple models of handguns, SMGs, shotguns, sniper rifles, assault rifles, RPGs, not to mention hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions- you can fit a lot of guns and ammo in 50 square meters- of rounds of ammo. Also, hand grenades, incendiaries, C-4, claymore mines, and something like a Russian RPO-A or the US SMAW NE: fuel air RPG hitting with the force of a small artillery shell. I might also include a turreted .50 cal and Mark 19, or a mortar if I can learn to use one in the limited time given. In other words: just enough firepower to make them mistake you for a god.

-various swords, axes, knives etc. for both weapons and tool use.

-Tools- general and specialized for repairing weapons.

-Body armor optimised for melee attacks- a riot shield and armor type thing, for instance. Also, maybe something like modernized chain mail and/or plate armor made from lighter, but still strong alloys.

-A vehicle of some description- ideally some sort of SUV, and maybe an ATV, as well as a large amount of fuel.

-Laptop similar to what the OP mentioned- filled with information on medicine, gunpowder, crop rotation- general information that could be useful to people in the Middle ages, also, other external hard drives with entertainment etc. Also, solar charger etc for the laptop Some of the more important stuff would also have print copies- i.e. books on the same topics.

-If this isn't cheating, some other people, ideally, if the 2 million with stretch it, an highly trained and experienced soldier or mercenary, a historian specializing in the middle ages, particularly the history of science, medicine, and/or warfare around the time, and finally, a doctor.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 05:56   Link #8
SineMora
Wait for it...

Job: IT College Graduate
Interests: Anime and Video games and science.
Reason to go: A lot.
Things that you need to bring:

-My Laptop, and Hard Disks
-My Phone and going to buy extra memory cards, pdfs of dummies guide to economics, medicine, and chemistry, physics and Occult pdfs (I always have the Art of War by Sun Tzu on my phone).
-Solar Torch with Radio, Fan and doubles as a powerbank (lots of those in PH)
-Portable Torch powered by Hand Crank
-Extra Solar Panels and Batteries
-A Laser pointer with it's limiters removed. (so it is now a real laser that burns)
-Multipurpose Knife
-Military grade Handaxe with Hammer tip.
-High grade Pickaxe
-A Nagemaki
-AK-47 and ammo
-Welding Kit
-C4s and Detonators (They have lots of practical uses, including cooking) and Radios
-Portable Electric Stove
-Tent
-Hand Glider w/ Parachute
-Mountain Bike (NEVER FORGET)

Notes: A Lot? That's because of my "plan".
1.) To undo the "Great Mistakes" we did, and we will do in the future. To ensure our survival as a species (except for assholes like terrorists, they need to be destroyed because their very, and continued presence will undo the "Solution".)
2.) If a "Solution" is found, test it, and use it on our homeworld.
3.) Unite the two worlds once our world is mended.
4.) If our world is unsaveable, evacuate select people to the new world.
5.) If chances are that our presence will corrupt the other world, abandon all hope. And I'm not returning.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.

Last edited by SineMora; 2015-12-08 at 06:52.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-06, 16:06   Link #9
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^I would also suggest a portable laser printer, so you can print out whatever schematics and recipe necessary.
Even with many backup solutions, the computer will not be functional forever.

Printing out information necessary to advance science, agriculture, metallurgy, and medicine will probably come in very handy.