AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-06-09, 17:04   Link #1901
oompa loompa

well that was sure a surprise.. all credit to the dutch though, i feel the result did flatter them a little bit. make no mistake they earned their goals ( van nisterlooy really shouldve put that one in the back of the net ), but italy were pretty unlucky not to score. whatever it may be, i was rooting for the dutch from the start and am glad that they won, though i never expected it to be in this fashion.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 17:05   Link #1902
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Holland has always been offensive and it paid off tonight. France, I'd rather not think about it. Especially with Domenech at its head.

Who bet on camping match for Italy - France?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 17:11   Link #1903
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
i feel the result did flatter them a little bit.
Well yeah, if you looked at the past games. A sucky EC and a sucky WC after that and a so so qualifying, so so friendly matches. Van Basten making people think wtf is he on. Well seems he changed when he started listening to his players. Still missing Seedorf though. ;(
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 17:13   Link #1904
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Still the name "Italy" still breeds fear in people. You might not get that since you are from that country. I think del piero will pretty much play from the start. Since I got the feeling they where "saving" him for france.

Netherlands vs Romania I have no idea what to think. Do we have the power to break trough? No idea. Van Persie still didn't seem 100% from the little he played, eventhough he didn't play bad or anything.

Nah Gio just makes feel the orange spirit. That makes him the man of the match for me. I don't even like him that much, but the dude tries hard.
Fear? Haha, no I honestly don't think we've ever been seen that way, especially this season where italian teams failed big time on the international stage. And Del Piero won't start in the next games, he'll still be on the bench, trust me. Donadoni is too stubborn and proud of his idiocy to even think to field Del Piero or atleast Cassano in the starting eleven. He'll stick to the same mistakes he did today, because he probably wants to boost his ego showing that he can win (haha, "win") with the worst line-up.

As for Netherland vs Romania, if you guys play like you did today you should be safe and sound. Romania doesn't play a fast paced kind of football, in a way they're similar to us tactically, so if you keep the pressure on their half of the pitch you can score your way through. France is a different kind of beast though, they're physically undefeatable in the midfield, provided that their fitness is at the top. You'll have to use a different approach with them and definetely be more careful.

As for us... well, I honestly don't see anything positive at all. If Lippi was sitting on the bench maybe I would be a little more relaxed and optimistic, but that's not the case. But it's fine this way, I prefer to see Italy eliminated immediately so that Donadoni gets his sorry ass out as soon as possible, than facing the nightmare to see him coaching Italy even for the 2010 WorldCup campaign. Either Lippi gets back to coach, or someone with REAL EXPERIENCE gets the job (like Ancelotti, Spalletti, or Prandelli).

Funny note, Van Bronckhorst shares the same name with me.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 17:44   Link #1905
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Horray for Holland! To the finals!

Debate on the first goal? People say it's an offside, even though the Italian defender was outside behind the goalie. That was their [referee]'s reason...
Old 2008-06-09, 22:00   Link #1906
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
Still a bit surprised that the Dutch beat Italy. Dutch supporters here I've been talking to say they were all expecting the worse.

As for the offside/ on-side goal - well, there's nothing like a bit of controversy to make football more exciting
shelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 22:25   Link #1907
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Damn, almost made a Euro Cup thread, then rethought to realize that Soccer in North America = Football in Europe... So what do you call North American Football (the game where you tackle and throw the ball and stuff) in Europe??

Anyways, haha Dutch wins! Italia chants are going down...

The Germans are the best at everything, according to my History teacher. Go Germany? Lol

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 00:24   Link #1908
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Wow.. that was one hell of an counter attacking team lol.. An that Sneijer's goal are definitely one of the best of this tourney. Too bad those 2 subs didnt get their goals as well, those would be wonderful goals too

And credits to Van der sar as well, those are wonderful saves he made
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 02:44   Link #1909
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Fear? Haha, no I honestly don't think we've ever been seen that way, especially this season where italian teams failed big time on the international stage.
I don't think most people look at it that way, they simply think of Italy of 2006 (e.g. world champions) and don't think about the lack of success in the CL nor the qualification matches. Even though 2 years is a long time in the world of football. Hence why they are (or were) one of the favourites, same goes to France another team that didn't do well in their opening match.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 04:59   Link #1910
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Heh, I would think that way if we still had Lippi and we used the players who are in perfect form (in terms of fitness and mentality), but it's not the case which is why I hardly see how we can be a threat to any team at all. :[
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 11:50   Link #1911
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Update on the Spain vs Russia match. As a neutral, amazing stuff, both sides were willing to attack. Spain now leads with 2 David Villa goals while Russia had 2 efforts hitting the post and crossbar.

Now for the second half. This is what a Euro tournament match should be.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 12:52   Link #1912
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

What a great match this was, we need more like these!
Old 2008-06-10, 12:58   Link #1913
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Could it just get better after last night's Netherlands - Italy match?

Congrats to Villa on his hat-trick, he now leads the leading goalscorers currently.

Surprised at Russia's capitulation, considering the stature of their coach. Is this the same Russia team that dumped England out in the qualifiers? This would probably lead to millions of England fans yelling "Thanks McClaren, you clown!"

Though Russia can take pride in their attacking, better luck in the next two matches.

Good win for Spain, though defensively, they looked at times very vulnerable. Definitely need to patch up there if they want to win this.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 13:34   Link #1914
Blaat

Just shows how poor England truly is
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 15:12   Link #1915
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Sweden has a fcking hard time to break the greek turtle shell. Their efforts just paid off.

1 - 0 for Sweden as I post.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 15:52   Link #1916
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

2 - 0 Sweden vs Greece. The 2nd goal was so unclear
Old 2008-06-10, 16:54   Link #1917
NightShade
Above and Beyond Fan

Send a message via MSN to NightShade
There isnt an animesuki fantasy for the eurocup?
NightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 17:06   Link #1918
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Holland -> orange is the color of our refuse disposal service
Orange trägt nur die Müllabfuhr Orange trägt nur die Müllabfuhr Orange trägt nur die Müllabfuhr Orange trägt nur die Müllabfuhr

Italy -> if they don't buy a referee or denigrate some players from the other teams, they will definitly loooooooooose

-> Germany <- Winner
EM TITEL WE ARE COMIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But wait where is the british team? Uh, I've forgotten they are playing the EM via Playstation Muhahahaha
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 17:33   Link #1919
oompa loompa

ah man, i cant believe argones doesnt make fabregas start.. that guy is just class.. dont mind me, im an arsenal fan
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 23:51   Link #1920
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Well, Fab just scored his first international goal IIRC

I think he is kept fresh for the next match, no disrespect to Russians, but Aragones prolly expected Spain to overrun them even without Fab.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer