AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-26, 07:43   Link #22181
maknaedik

Well, after that picture was posted, people were actually debating. "Why hate ver KA kits, but they like EW kits and Sinanju". But, it ended up in the argument "good looking but inferior articulation vs good articulation but has inferior looks". But come to think of it, this kit, if ever they'll use the OVA, will have great articulation with the decals that comes with the ver KA.

LOL! sounds like I'm hyped, but don't get me wrong. I'll not be getting this kit :P
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 07:48   Link #22182
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Here's the thing... Ver. Ka kits of the Unicorn MG line up suck compared to the OVA counterparts that come out later (if they ever do).

1. The OVA ver. has the Ver. Ka decals.
2. The OVA ver. improves articulation and makes some part changes that they screwed up on the Ver. Ka.

Speaking of that...

Where's the SD & MG Astraea and the MG Exia R2? O_O The others I've been talking about I decided weren't as important. But those 3 GunPla kits...I'd really like to see.
Old 2011-09-26, 08:06   Link #22183
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Here's the thing... Ver. Ka kits of the Unicorn MG line up suck compared to the OVA counterparts that come out later (if they ever do).

1. The OVA ver. has the Ver. Ka decals.
2. The OVA ver. improves articulation and makes some part changes that they screwed up on the Ver. Ka.

Speaking of that...

Where's the SD & MG Astraea and the MG Exia R2? O_O The others I've been talking about I decided weren't as important. But those 3 GunPla kits...I'd really like to see.
no, they dont suck. all MG unicorn versions are great models!
the articulation on the ver.ka is a little limited but the OVA version isnt much better... you still dont even have a 90° bend in the knees in the OVA version, that "improvement" is absolutely insignificant in my opinion.
in my opinion good articulation just isnt THAT important! you dont play with a model, you put it in a pose and put it on your shelf, thats it. as long as it has enough articulation to do some cool poses then thats good enough for me. and something like the FA unicorn is a brick anyway. just like the Ex-S.

also, you are wrong on #1, the OVA unicorn has a lot less decals than the ver.ka unicorn and they are different, too!
ver.ka:
http://dalong.net/review/mg/mg102/p/mg102_r17.jpg
http://dalong.net/review/mg/mg102/p/mg102_r18.jpg

OVA:
http://dalong.net/review/mg/m130/p/m130_runner5.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Well, after that picture was posted, people were actually debating. "Why hate ver KA kits, but they like EW kits and Sinanju". But, it ended up in the argument "good looking but inferior articulation vs good articulation but has inferior looks". But come to think of it, this kit, if ever they'll use the OVA, will have great articulation with the decals that comes with the ver KA.

LOL! sounds like I'm hyped, but don't get me wrong. I'll not be getting this kit :P
yeah, that is usually the debate with ver.ka kits... personally i prefer good looks and a good build quality over articulation.
i wouldnt call the articulation of the OVA version great though :P its still pretty bad when you compare it to something like the MK-II 2.0 or the OO Qan[T]^^

Last edited by Appel; 2011-09-26 at 08:19.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 08:53   Link #22184
pumpkins

has anyone ordered anything from E2046 before? was looking at some stuff they have and i'm guessing its all resin.

http://www.e2046.com/product/14627 GN-XIV
http://www.e2046.com/product/14628 ELS 00
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 09:14   Link #22185
maknaedik

Sadly, this page wasn't spared. T_T

Anyway, I think articulation is important at a certain degree. Yes, I fancy (might as well call it praise, LOL) kits that can do splits. But the question is, will I ever pose them while splitting? Answer varies. I'll take a picture of it and that's it. I won't put it in my cabinet in a splitting position because one, it's awkward and lastly, it consumes more space. Unless you really play with your kit all the time, then you're not really gonna enjoy its AMAZING articulation.

Articulation serves its purpose mostly during photoshoots, so that you can re-create scenes in the anime. Of course, Bandai is selling as what we've seen in the anime so it must be as close as the real thing as possible. Well, a kit that can dynamically pose is more attractive than a beautifully designed kit that can't move at all, for me only though. My reason, an ugly kit that can pose well can be easier modified like custom paints and custom water slides. Unlike gorgeous kits that you need to modify extensively so that it can re-create the pose you want. Bandai wouldn't improve all of today's kits articulation if it isn't a factor.

Overall, I think there should be a balance between the two and Sinanju told me that But in the end, it's your taste that will matter
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 09:15   Link #22186
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
has anyone ordered anything from E2046 before? was looking at some stuff they have and i'm guessing its all resin.

http://www.e2046.com/product/14627 GN-XIV
http://www.e2046.com/product/14628 ELS 00
i have never ordered something there.
and yes, those are conversion parts so they are all resin.
Old 2011-09-26, 09:59   Link #22187
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
wanna play? i'll suggest robot tamashii figures anytime....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 11:43   Link #22188
Appel

oh wow, i have actually found an ebay seller who is cheaper than HLJ :P i will try them out next month and buy a HGUC jesta there^^
Old 2011-09-26, 19:04   Link #22189
Kitaeryu

Hmm. From the pictures i've seen, the decals for the MG 00 Seven Swords is mildly dissapointing. I was hoping it would be like the metal build one but seems to be lacking a lot of it. Oh well. Still a pretty sexy kit in general xD
Old 2011-09-27, 02:13   Link #22190
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitaeryu View Post
Hmm. From the pictures i've seen, the decals for the MG 00 Seven Swords is mildly dissapointing. I was hoping it would be like the metal build one but seems to be lacking a lot of it. Oh well. Still a pretty sexy kit in general xD
i never used the decals that came with the MG OO kits anyway :P i like the clean look and we never saw any decals on them in the show/movie. for me personally its a little more anime accurate that way :P but i dont like their design, too XD
the only one i used on one of my kits was the celestial being logo on the OO Qan[T]s shield because i thought that it looks awfully empty in the front
Old 2011-09-27, 02:18   Link #22191
pumpkins

A reminder to all those with those gundam.info lucky draw slips.. the deadline is tomorrow! remember to enter your codes on their website.

pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 03:19   Link #22192
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i never used the decals that came with the MG OO kits anyway :P
I for one, love to put markings & decals on my Gundams, Especially if the Gundams have boring color like Saviour's all-red and NT-1's almost-all-white color. Yeah, if it's boring, why can't I just paint it, you say? I kinda like original colors, but I still want to make it 'more'. Decals is the way to do it for me. I just love the 'busy' nature of it. Of course I'm sane enough not to put so many decals that can be visually distracting from the Gundams themselves.
Old 2011-09-27, 03:55   Link #22193
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I for one, love to put markings & decals on my Gundams, Especially if the Gundams have boring color like Saviour's all-red and NT-1's almost-all-white color. Yeah, if it's boring, why can't I just paint it, you say? I kinda like original colors, but I still want to make it 'more'. Decals is the way to do it for me. I just love the 'busy' nature of it. Of course I'm sane enough not to put so many decals that can be visually distracting from the Gundams themselves.
it really depends on the suit for me^^ i didnt put decals on my OO MGs but i used all of them on my ReZEL, Ex-S, freedom and MK-II, just to name a few :P
when i like the looks of the decals i definitely take the extra time and apply them, too!
Old 2011-09-27, 04:02   Link #22194
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yeah, Mk-II, Freedom, and Strike Freedom are pretty lonely without some decals. Btw, I put some decals on my Wing Zero custom too, and it looks great! ^_^
Old 2011-09-27, 04:14   Link #22195
GameraBaenre

I been working on these guys for a while now and finally got them done, now to focus on a the ground work part of the project.

He's dead GiM..
Spoiler:

Yeah, if John Woo and Tomino made it...
Spoiler:

GM Cannon II, nothing really funny about the fatty.
Spoiler:

GM Wagtail, hmm, anyone read anything into why they designed this sucker without the ankle armor, seems like a horrible weak point on the suit...
Spoiler:

Hey look, the gang's all here...

Ok, for the rest of the pictures, click here: http://gamerabaenre.com/?page_id=2229
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 05:59   Link #22196
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
A reminder to all those with those gundam.info lucky draw slips.. the deadline is tomorrow! remember to enter your codes on their website.

I entered my codes as soon as I got kits that had them. =)
Old 2011-09-27, 06:08   Link #22197
Appel

Quote:
I entered my codes as soon as I got kits that had them. =)
i coudlnt think of a reason why you wouldnt do that XD i mean, you want to win so you enter the codes^^

speaking of contests, in japan you can now win a golden or silver version of the RX-78-2 when you buy a certain kind of drink. i wonder whether we will see that one on dalong's site, too! i mean, that guys owns pretty much every kit ever made, even the competition models! it really wouldnt surprise me^^
Old 2011-09-27, 06:17   Link #22198
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i coudlnt think of a reason why you wouldnt do that XD i mean, you want to win so you enter the codes^^

speaking of contests, in japan you can now win a golden or silver version of the RX-78-2 when you buy a certain kind of drink. i wonder whether we will see that one on dalong's site, too! i mean, that guys owns pretty much every kit ever made, even the competition models! it really wouldnt surprise me^^
If I actually win won of those prize sets... zomg... I wouldn't know what to do with them.

I'd probably sell a few, keep, and or just give away in like a YouTube contest.

If I go the YouTube contest, then I will post the official video link. If I sell it, it'll be up on my Amazon store.

Old 2011-09-27, 06:30   Link #22199
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
I been working on these guys for a while now and finally got them done, now to focus on a the ground work part of the project.
Excellent work, Gamera . It'll be perfect if you make a diorama out of them.
Old 2011-09-27, 09:07   Link #22200
Appel

Quote:
If I actually win won of those prize sets... zomg... I wouldn't know what to do with them.

I'd probably sell a few, keep, and or just give away in like a YouTube contest.

If I go the YouTube contest, then I will post the official video link. If I sell it, it'll be up on my Amazon store.

you cant win, anyway. as far as i know you are not from one of the few countries that can take part in the contest :P

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy