AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-11, 18:21   Link #41
retardation
phantom loser

i saw the live series for this. i didn't like it. the guy cries way too much. the girls are HOT though.
Old 2006-11-26, 20:59   Link #42
ShinNoNoir
Nothing to see, move it.

I saw the movie at a festival this summer and it was a good watch, i recommend it. The relationship between the hero and his cyberfriends really brought it together, thumbs up! Sad thing is, it's only now that i learn that there's more with a tv series and mangas.. anyway i'm happy i came across this thread, i'll have to look into it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densha_Otoko
Old 2007-06-10, 10:26   Link #43
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Looking for Torrents, Please.

Sorry for raising this thread from the dead, folks. But I only recently started trying to catch up on Japanese dramas like this one and I've been having a hard time finding a torrent for the episodes that is still active. I was able to see the first episode of the series a while back and remember liking it very much.

Could anyone please point me in the direction of torrents for the rest of the series? I would greatly, greatly appreciate it.
Old 2007-06-10, 10:30   Link #44
crimmy88

tried d-addicts.com? http://d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?search=densha

tehres a batch torrent there
Old 2007-06-10, 10:31   Link #45
martino
makes no files now

D-Addicts should be the place where you will find the torrents for it.

Slightly surprised that there is a discussion thread for a J-Drama. I guess I missed a change in the policies. I need to finish watching the last episode, didn't take me too long to get there. Though this series has probably the best opening to it ever, I mean the way how it starts in Akihabara with that really fitting music in background. I need to cut that part out and save it... ^_^
Old 2007-06-10, 10:40   Link #46
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This is one heck of a show, I can relate to Yamada in some ways there are some instances where I have been in a somewhat similar situations. The angst and raw emotions involving love and heart breaks have been beautifully captured without excess of melodramatics.

Regarding JDrama check the site with the similar name they have their Top 50. Watching those 50 shows will be a dream but I am 5 down 45 to go. Strangely Densha Otoko is ranked/voted 14 >.<
Old 2007-06-10, 10:49   Link #47
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmy88 View Post
tried d-addicts.com? http://d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?search=densha

tehres a batch torrent there
You are a god. Thank you. I really should've considered D-Addicts considering I recently grabbed H2 from there. Oh well.
Old 2007-08-29, 23:16   Link #48
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

I just watched the live-action for the first time myself. I love it! At first I was weirded out with the not-so-charming main character, but then I started cheering for him. I love the online community that supports him throughout the entire show...to be honest, I was laughing a hell of a lot (especialy the part with the chicken game that everyone played...great results!) and giggling most of the way through. I especially like that this is supposedly based off a real story.
I also agree that the opening is wonderful (Twilight, Electric Light Orchestra)
I wish this thread wasn't so dead!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2007-08-30, 07:08   Link #49
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

where is this top 50 list?

and look a topic about this series in a dutch forum
http://forum.fok.nl/topic/827060
Old 2007-09-03, 09:26   Link #50
doahou

just started watching this too.. (thanks for the torrent link)
just finished watching the socond episode, wierd.. she wasn't wearing her contacts but she was reading a book?
anyway, this series is incredibly entertaining...
Old 2007-09-05, 19:04   Link #51
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doahou View Post
just started watching this too.. (thanks for the torrent link)
just finished watching the socond episode, wierd.. she wasn't wearing her contacts but she was reading a book?
anyway, this series is incredibly entertaining...
Hmmm, perhaps she's near-sighted? I dunno! Just started reading the manga myself

AniList

Old 2007-09-06, 09:26   Link #52
Arkhan

I watched the series some time ago, and I liked it a lot. It is funny, heart-warming , Hermes is very cute (although Misaki Itou is a little inexpressive), and the ELO's opening and Orange Range's ending are very good.

But, Is it really worth watching the movie or reading the manga after watching the series? Are there many differences between them? Besides, the actress that plays the role of Hermes in the movie is not even half as cute as Misaki Itou.

[OFFTOPIC]
BTW, Misaki Itou is playing the role of Kyoko in Maison Ikkoku drama. I have to see it!
[/OFFTOPIC]
Old 2007-09-07, 18:54   Link #53
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkhan View Post
I watched the series some time ago, and I liked it a lot. It is funny, heart-warming , Hermes is very cute (although Misaki Itou is a little inexpressive), and the ELO's opening and Orange Range's ending are very good.

But, Is it really worth watching the movie or reading the manga after watching the series? Are there many differences between them? Besides, the actress that plays the role of Hermes in the movie is not even half as cute as Misaki Itou.

[OFFTOPIC]
BTW, Misaki Itou is playing the role of Kyoko in Maison Ikkoku drama. I have to see it!
[/OFFTOPIC]
The movie and series really aren't that different, and I agree that the movie actress isn't even near as cute as in the drama. Maison Ikkoku was cute, but
Spoiler for Plot:

Back to topic, I also loved the music, because of that opening, I went out and bought an ELO cd and found that I liked pretty much all of their stuff.

As for the main character of the show, his part is played sooo much better in the show since he actually LOOKS like a normal guy. Takayuki Yamada just doesn't shine in the movie. It takes a bit more to create a otaku then just throwing on a wig, glasses, and different clothes.

AniList

Old 2009-03-28, 17:28   Link #54
TensaZangetsu72

Very inspirational series indeed. Nice anime opening, and lovely ending theme. A LOT of crying though. Not very many woman exist in the real world who are that pure, beautiful, and patient as Saori.
Old 2009-04-25, 10:32   Link #55
Unregistered00

I'm so late in watching this TV series but I finished it including the special and DX. Good thing I managed to swallow my prejudice against J-drama. I have to say that this easily surpasses most animes that I've seen in my life. I'm no longer surprised that they didn't make an anime out of this. It's so good that it making an anime out of it will simply destroy it.

Made me shed tears quite a bit but it has a lot of LMFAO moments. Funniest character is the first guy antagonist. That dude sure can act. Densha's rich and retarded buddy was stupidly funny as well. Densha was quite annoying sometimes since he's too abnormally shy but everyone will grow to love that little dude in no time. Hermes was a bit stagnant but that's demure women for you.

This show blew me away. If you haven't watched it, do so now. You will not regret it.
Old 2009-08-23, 18:38   Link #56
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

ugh this drama is terrible I'm glad I always hesitatated from watching otherwise I might have completely have been given up on jdrama. but anyways I started watching and it was okay so Ithought it as going to get really good. But actually happened wasIstopped watching itin the middle of this ep cause it was soo boring. Then I just skimmed through last ep and that was it. I was realized sooner and read up on the negative reviews on top jdrama site or whatever.

It's really annoying and boring. The annoying scenes drag it out/waste/fillup time which makes it boring. It's too predictable and typical. Shiori/sayuri whatever the hell is so fake.
Old 2009-08-24, 06:52   Link #57
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Everyone is praising the drama, and suddenly comes someone who says that it is incredibly boring.

Anyways, xxanimefan4_ever, why don't you try to watch an episode until the end to properly judge it?

You're basing your view on a little of the first episode and through skimming the last episode?? And worst, on a negative review of some random site??

How would the series ever grow on you if you didn't even watched one full episode? The purposes of series, are to tell the story through several episodes, thus making the beginning, the middle and the end of the story, how can you be able to enjoy something through watching a little of the beginning and the ending? That certainly doesn't sound right.

Don't take me wrong, but upon a second reading of your senseless post, it does sound purposely like a joke.