AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: Railgun Manga - Dream Ranker Arc Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 14.29%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-09-23, 20:25   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Railgun Manga - Dream Ranker Arc Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Railgun Manga, Dream Ranker Arc.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past Dream Ranker Arc) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

NOTE: The poll is a placeholder, and will be open for voting after the arc completes.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 00:12   Link #2
Miraluka
Banned

OK, let's go straight to the point:

Who's going to appear as cameo this time?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 00:16   Link #3
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

More Dark Side characters from Volume 15? Kakine is the only revealed Level 5 not to have done anything in this manga yet.

I'd be amused if we actually got magicians having a cameo in this arc. Or some of the more obscure AC residents like Maria or the Sound esper from NT Volume 7.
Old 2014-09-24, 00:27   Link #4
Wandering Soul

If we're talking about obscure AC residents than we could see the beast girl from NT2 or the girl in a dress.

Kakine could also make a manga debut or we could see a Kihara.
Old 2014-09-24, 03:31   Link #5
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh boy, there's a thread up. Summaries when again?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 04:26   Link #6
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post

Kakine could also make a manga debut or we could see a Kihara.
i bet my money on the kiharas, kakine was a cocky ass and from what i understood of the novels, the only one who ever defeated him was accel...

i think that means that he never failed in a plan before vol.15

and we have over 4000 kiharas which an be introduced in all kinds of ways, we even had a magician-kihara this guys can really use everything
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 04:45   Link #7
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
i bet my money on the kiharas, kakine was a cocky ass and from what i understood of the novels, the only one who ever defeated him was accel...

i think that means that he never failed in a plan before vol.15

and we have over 4000 kiharas which an be introduced in all kinds of ways, we even had a magician-kihara this guys can really use everything
Kakine's plan doesn't have to necessarily fail. Maybe it's something as simple as finding Accel and LO/Sisters. This could just be a sub-plot and it could show us why Kakine wanted to be #1 in vol.15.
Old 2014-09-24, 15:38   Link #8
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
Kakine's plan doesn't have to necessarily fail.
But kakine showed us that he sint really someone with a real plan, he simply does the same as dbz/naruto/bleach-villians, using his overhelming power and some little pawns in order to reach his goal...

Quote:
Maybe it's something as simple as finding Accel and LO/Sisters.
if there is a plan that it would mostlikely be tied with accel, this guy is mroe than obsessed with albino-man

Quote:
This could just be a sub-plot and it could show us why Kakine wanted to be #1 in vol.15.
this would be really interesting, but can you think of a way that it could involve mikoto and co with kakine where they survive him
i cant think of a plot which would bring this two into a raltionship of hero-villian or comrade-comrades...
the first one because mikoto would lose and kakine never failed before vol.15
the second because kakine would solo everthing (because of his personality) which he also can do because he cant fail until vol.15
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 15:50   Link #9
Miraluka
Banned

Well, we can rule out sot Spare Body as she/it met Kakine's shoe on volume.15 for first time.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 15:52   Link #10
Death Usagi
Banned

Volleyball anyone?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 18:46   Link #11
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
this would be really interesting, but can you think of a way that it could involve mikoto and co with kakine where they survive him
i cant think of a plot which would bring this two into a raltionship of hero-villian or comrade-comrades...
the first one because mikoto would lose and kakine never failed before vol.15
the second because kakine would solo everthing (because of his personality) which he also can do because he cant fail until vol.15
I would like to say i know of a way but sadly we don't know anything about this arc so i don't know where to start. I will come up with something once i know a bit more though. (And once i can finally post from somewhere else than my phone)
Old 2014-09-25, 06:39   Link #12
entei08

プールの授業で泳いでいる美琴。
そこで出会ったドリルと話しているとみさきち登場。
色々ちょっかい出して立ち去る。ドリルがお詫びにとカードのようなものを渡してくる。

後で佐天に聞くとそれはインディアンポーカーで「他人の夢を見られる」カードだという。
そしてみんなが見たがる夢を安定供給できる人をドリームランカーと呼ぶらしい。
寮に帰ってさっそく試してみる。

すると夢の中でゲコ太の集団がでてくる。歓喜しながら遊んでいると城が
あるのに気づく。中に入ると女王様の格好をしたみさきちが。

「アナタが新しいメイドさぁん?」と尋ねるみさきちに、誰がやねんと
突っ込もうとするがいつの間にかメイドの姿になっていることに気づく。
ゲコ太の懇願もあり、しぶしぶみさきちの肩を揉む美琴。
その後も靴を磨かせたり、全裸になったみさきちの身体にオイルを塗ったり
と奉仕させられ、「一生私に付き従う権利をあげるわぁ!」と言われた
ところでついにブチ切れて目覚める。

翌日、街中の階段の前に人だかりが。ここで足を滑らせた人がいたらしい。
「ここって確か例のアプリの…」とつぶやく一人の女子生徒。

Here's what we know:

Mikoto speaks to the ringlet curl girl during their swimming class, Misaki comes over, the usual hijinks ensue before she leaves. The girl apologizes by giving Mikoto a card.

Mikoto asks Saten, who tells her it's some sort of Indian card that let's one see the dream of another. Someone who can supply a constant flow of desired dreams is known as a "Dream Ranker". Mikoto returns to her dorms and gives it a try.

In her dream, an army of Gekota appears, after having some fun she notices a city of some sort. Inside she finds Misaki dressed as a queen.

Misaki asks "Are you the new maid?" to which Mikoto replies "Like hell I am!". Then she realized out of nowhere she is now in a maid outfit. Due to pleads from Gekota, Mikoto unwillingly gives Misaki a massage, brushed her shoes and oils her fully naked form, who then says "I will grant you the right to serve me for life!"

Spoiler for pic:

Mikoto got so angry she woke up.

On the second day, quite a number of people gathers a round some stairs on the street as though somebody had fallen over. One girl mutters "It appears this is where the app..."
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 07:15   Link #13
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

This sounds like an interesting chapter. Nice to see more Mikoto and Misaki interaction.
Old 2014-09-25, 07:22   Link #14
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

More Misaki already? Looks like someone is trying to hype NT11.

inb4 Hindu magicians turn up.
Old 2014-09-25, 07:42   Link #15
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
inb4 Hindu magicians turn up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_%28illusion%29
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 08:28   Link #16
LG-MAX 2.o

I hope this is not an arc where the protagonists will engage with magic, and still not find anything about this world in the end of it.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 08:31   Link #17
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

It doesn't have to be... (remembers Liberal Arts City and Shopping Mall Demonstration)... nevermind
Old 2014-09-25, 08:51   Link #18
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
プールの授業で泳いでいる美琴。
そこで出会ったドリルと話しているとみさきち登場。

寮に帰ってさっそく試してみる。

ところでついにブチ切れて目覚める。

Here's what we know:

Mikoto speaks to the ringlet curl girl during their swimming class, Misaki comes over, the usual hijinks ensue before she leaves. The girl apologizes by giving Mikoto a card.

Mikoto asks Saten, who tells her it's some sort of Indian card that let's one see the dream of another. Someone who can supply a constant flow of desired dreams is known as a "Dream Ranker". Mikoto returns to her dorms and gives it a try.

In her dream, an army of Gekota appears, after having some fun she notices a city of some sort. Inside she finds Misaki dressed as a queen.

Misaki asks "Are you the new maid?" to which Mikoto replies "Like hell I am!". Then she realized out of nowhere she is now in a maid outfit. Due to pleads from Gekota, Mikoto unwillingly gives Misaki a massage, brushed her shoes and oils her fully naked form, who then says "I will grant you the right to serve me for life!"

Spoiler for pic:

On the second day, quite a number of people gathers a round some stairs on the street as though somebody had fallen over. One girl mutters "It appears this is where the app..."
much shipping here.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 09:54   Link #19
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

So much for no more of the Queen. Keep classy, Misaki.

"Indian Card"? Hindu magic, pls?
Old 2014-09-25, 09:58   Link #20
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
プールの授業で泳いでいる美琴。
そこで出会ったドリルと話しているとみさきち登場。

寮に帰ってさっそく試してみる。

ところでついにブチ切れて目覚める。

Here's what we know:

Spoiler for pic:

oh gosh...my heart wasn't ready for that pic....i demand a a full image of misaki in that dress (that necklace....yeah..the necklace ... )

Quote:
an army of Gekota appears, after having some fun she notices a city of some sort
yep...the h-artist are going to enjoy this