AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

View Poll Results: Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 3 18.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 43.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-05-19, 18:52   Link #21
charles883

After watching ED

After 10 over years of overdue, Laevatein FINALLY make appearance in anime series!
Old 2018-05-20, 00:42   Link #22
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
After watching ED

After 10 over years of overdue, Laevatein FINALLY make appearance in anime series!
It's (visually) the same ED as the OP from episodes 2 and 3 so...
Old 2018-05-20, 07:23   Link #23
Tenzen12

Finally best girl makes appearence. Nothink against Chidori, but Sosuke got major upgrade here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Man that Bandai Namco start sticker on one of the ASes. Not sure if it’s anachronistic, but I’m sure it is.

Also the script looks Thai.
Whole FMP verse is anachronistic. Cold war apparently never stopped and begenning of story is around 2000, which is barely year in future from time novel got published. So yeah it iis actually past already
Old 2018-05-20, 18:39   Link #24
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm conflicted. Sousuke and Chidori are one of my original ships, but Nami is doing a lot to win points. from the whole episode, that's pretty much my takeaway.. haha

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2018-05-21, 08:49   Link #25
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok are my standards slipping or did the CGI mech fights this episode look pretty darned decent?
Old 2018-05-21, 16:03   Link #26
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Ok are my standards slipping or did the CGI mech fights this episode look pretty darned decent?
I does look good. The colorful nature of the ASes used in the tournament actually helps blending the mech with the environment.
Old 2018-05-23, 12:51   Link #27
Darthtabby

I wonder how many anime of the only viewers are wondering WTF Sousuke is doing getting involved in AS arena fights when he's supposed to be rescuing Kaname...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Whole FMP verse is anachronistic. Cold war apparently never stopped and begenning of story is around 2000, which is barely year in future from time novel got published. So yeah it iis actually past already
IIRC the novels begin in 1998 (the year the first one was published) while the first season of the anime changes the year to 2001 (the year it was supposed to air before it got delayed).
Old 2018-05-23, 14:19   Link #28
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I wonder how many anime of the only viewers are wondering WTF Sousuke is doing getting involved in AS arena fights when he's supposed to be rescuing Kaname...

IIRC the novels begin in 1998 (the year the first one was published) while the first season of the anime changes the year to 2001 (the year it was supposed to air before it got delayed).
Raise hand.,, and if only watched fummofu...
Old 2018-05-23, 17:39   Link #29
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Well, he does say "I came here looking for something" so I guess that's enough for most people to realize he has a reason to be there instead of any other place.

Plus, even if that wasn't the case, rescuing Kaname is not exactly simple at this point. Mithril is gone, so he doesn't have any way of knowing where Leonard / Amalgam may possible have safehouses or something like that. He just has to follow the few leads that he can discover by himself, and I'm pretty sure none of those leads is / will / can be a big giant billboard with a map on it and an arrow pointed to a certain location saying "Kaname is here, activate Rambo mode and save her".

Anyway, more about Sousuke's reasons for being in Namsak will be unveiled in the coming episodes, and then the "confused" people will realize it does make sense for him to be there, even if from the first episode of this new arc it seems strange.
Old 2018-05-24, 14:20   Link #30
Dextro
He Without a Title

I didn't read the novels and wasn't really questioning why Sousuke was there. Like dasvik mentioned Sousuke doesn't have any leads. At most he could talk to Wraith after the events of the previous episode (and that's if she didn't make herself disappear before he could) and follow whatever leads he has personally because even if Mithril still exists comms are probably still chaos and chain of command is shot to pieces anyway.

I'm very curious to see what's going to happen now.
Old 2018-10-08, 22:12   Link #31
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Welcome to the Jungle

Returning again to this show with full throttle in order to finish it.

This fifth episode drastically slowed things down with the plot triggering the start of a new story arc, hence, I felt confused with the introduction of the new characters without Sousuke showing up about halfway into the episode. Nonetheless, I'm figuring out that the episode unfolded the way it did in order to establish Nami and Lemons' characters to the audience, as who they are and what are their personalities; after all, both of them featured in the opening, so I assume they'll play handy roles for Sousuke at later episodes.
Closed Thread