AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 41 33.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-06, 19:26   Link #61
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
"I pity the fool......who wouldn't some of that!"
As i said many times before... that's why Ami falled for Ryuuji... he doesn't pay any attention on her. He would be the happiest fool on earth with his "house": Minori the wife, Taiga the daughter...
Old 2009-02-06, 19:45   Link #62
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Sigh I really dislike this emo Kushieda. It's just not her. I feel SO SORRY for Ami. Ryuuji just can't see it and too caught up in liking Kushieda. At least Kitamura is pretty ok now.
Old 2009-02-06, 19:52   Link #63
typhonsentra

You can't blame Ryuuji for missing the asides he isn't meant to hear.
Old 2009-02-06, 20:16   Link #64
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Sigh I really dislike this emo Kushieda. It's just not her. I feel SO SORRY for Ami. Ryuuji just can't see it and too caught up in liking Kushieda. At least Kitamura is pretty ok now.
Don't get me wrong, i like Amin so much, a very uncommon character in this kind of Novel/Anime/Manga... BUT... Amin doesn't rule Ryuuji's feelings. He loves Minori since first year, remember the box with minidisc, letters, etc that Ryuuji showed Taiga when they meet each other.
Old 2009-02-06, 21:27   Link #65
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I don't get it... What the hell is Minorin still so afraid of?

Also, Ryuuji looks lika a damn yakuza henchman in the preview... Really really bad.
Old 2009-02-06, 21:28   Link #66
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I don't get it... What the hell is Minorin still so afraid of?

Also, Ryuuji looks lika a damn yakuza henchman in the preview... Really really bad.
She's under the impression that Taiga is in love with Ryuuji.

Just as well, she herself originally had no intentions of ever dating, I believe she said to him herself. I don't think she felt she was really ready for that. In a sense, she was sort of running away from romance, I believe.
Old 2009-02-06, 21:34   Link #67
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Incredible episode. 10/10.

Next episode is the event I've been waiting the entire show for, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 2009-02-06, 22:46   Link #68
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
She's under the impression that Taiga is in love with Ryuuji.
Ah, but didn't that get cleared up at the end of ep15?

on a side note it's a shame that it seems he will end up with taiga at the end. both ami and minori suit him best.
Old 2009-02-06, 22:59   Link #69
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Ah, but didn't that get cleared up at the end of ep15?
She was thinking that, but then Ami at the end of the episode put it into her head that she was getting ahead of herself in thinking Taiga wasn't interested in him.
Old 2009-02-06, 23:56   Link #70
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
She was thinking that, but then Ami at the end of the episode put it into her head that she was getting ahead of herself in thinking Taiga wasn't interested in him.
Sadly it's going to be TaigaxRyuuji. I like Taiga and all but I prefer AmixRyuuji. I sort of like the tone of the episodes now though.
Old 2009-02-07, 02:52   Link #71
Isekaijin

No matter what people say, I still dissaprove of the TaigaxRyuuji relationship, and there will be a need of a very, I mean VERY good episode to change my mind. Let's say 11/10 But this one still deserve a perfect score.

And also, I still can't understand emo Minorin. She is indeed very depressed. Seems next episode something big's going to happen
Old 2009-02-07, 03:24   Link #72
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

Very nice build up, seems like this episode is where most of the drama concludes until the next episode or the next one as well.

Minorin really changed, I really really used to her cheery tone and her always over-the-top expressions and fast-paced talking and her odd way of doing things.

Seeing her so depressed and avoiding everyone, it just doesn't suit her at all.

Ami was close, so close, I guess she doesn't want to get in the way, but I still believe that Ami still deserves a change, although there is not really any development between Ami and him (unless you add the ones where he helps her from problems, but I don't consider that any HUGE development when it comes to an relationship type)

Kitamura and Taiga seem to be doing well, good for them, looks like Taiga is getting used to it as well, well a little, but still an improvement! I can't even tell if Kitamura likes her or not, I can say he likes her, but I always refer to the beginning of the episodes where Taiga confessed to him, eh, I'll stop, If I go any deeper, I'll confuse myself even more.

Overall, I like the episode, it deserves a 10 for actually speeding up the plot and getting a few things accomplished in this episode, cannot wait for Episode 19.

Seriously, cannot wait.
Old 2009-02-07, 05:48   Link #73
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Just watched episode 18:

Taiga and Ryuuji are my favourite characters in Toradora now, Taiga sending gifts to the orphans and even sending gifts to the family that she hates all in the spirit of Christmas, it's so heartwarming to see her do that. Ryuuji coming to Minori's rescue after she accidentally broke the glass star, he was so cool. I really hope Minori goes with him to the party.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-02-07 at 17:07.
Old 2009-02-07, 07:41   Link #74
shojie
An Anime Addict

just finished reading volume 7..its so touching. i hope J.C Staff will cover what's in the novel in next episodes or even equal to the novel or an episode that i'll probably never forget..i never see an anime that each every episodes are heartwarming,and characters are undergoing development..i give this episode 10/10..thumbs up! i can't wait for episode 19..

Last edited by shojie; 2009-02-07 at 07:44. Reason: wrong typing..
Old 2009-02-07, 08:22   Link #75
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
I'm going to start using the term Emorin from now on.
Old 2009-02-07, 10:23   Link #76
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Another great episode, 9/10. Some epic stuff [Ryuuji and his talks with the girls; the whole main Christmas tree part], but I think the flow wasn’t so great as in other episodes like the two previous – this is the reason of not giving a ten score.

The whole animation stuff is just like ToraDora! standard – and one comment, the Kihara Maya’s voice is so~ cute!

Some thoughts:

1 – Maya seems capable of doing heavy stuff to stay with Yuusaku – think, for for the sake of UNITE RyuTai, she want to SPLIT the couple – with the dinner invitation.

2 – The purple-haired girl [don’t remember her name] supporting Ami-chan. Good.

3 – Yuri-sensei [and I think Ya-chan next episode, for the preview] used [novel readers, JCStaff original stuff? Spoiler, PM, whatever, just please answer me] as a comic relief to keep some ‘I-don’t-wanna-much-drama’ people in this hard times to our main charas?

4 – Curious about Minori’s background. Sometimes I think she’s a jerk, others that she’s a poor lil’ girl.

5 – Taiga proved to any casual viewer once and for all that she’s not the typical tsundere chara. One pro to my overall liking of this anime.
Old 2009-02-07, 10:45   Link #77
Justin Kim
*Artist

Ok, I just finished the episode. Now I have become super confused on which characters to support throughout this episode. Like it's almost as if I can't determine who will end up with Takasu. Overall the episode was good, dragged on at some parts, but I loved how they just revealed everyone's true side.
Old 2009-02-07, 10:58   Link #78
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Ok, I just finished the episode. Now I have become super confused on which characters to support throughout this episode.
I just support Minori, because Ryuuji loves her... I support the girl that Ryuuji loves.
As simple as that.
Old 2009-02-07, 11:02   Link #79
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Were on Minorin arc and other than her feelings/emotions etc... We still don't have clue on her background/family blah blah. Sigh. I really like the scene where she broke that crystal star. Though I think it's a bit too late for her to be close to Ryuuji. I mean, ever since the series started. The most plausible/convincing outcome for me would be either RyuujixTaiga/Ami. Him ending w/ Minorin will just make the series too lame since other than him fascinating and crushing on Minorin, the girl never made any reactions to it up until now. But that's just me though being bias since I'm an Ami fan lol.
Old 2009-02-07, 11:05   Link #80
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I just support Minori, because Ryuuji loves her... I support the girl that Ryuuji loves.
As simple as that.
Which may change, this is just a teenager crush based on simple incidents, not a full-fledged love based on a built-up relationship, i guess you can see where i'm getting at.
Closed Thread